Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo (2250 Views)

Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital / Femi Falana, Fela Kuti And Beko (Throwback Photo) / Beko A Turkish Based Household Appliance Maker Builds Factory In Uyo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by rozayx5(m): 6:38am On May 29, 2015
Turkish household appliance maker builds factory in Uyo

MAY 15, 2015 : ANNA OKON
Turkey-based multinational brand, Beko, has said it is building its first multimillion-dollar household appliances manufacturing plant in Nigeria in Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom State.

More and more foreign investors are attracted to Nigeria as a preferred investment destination in West Africa even as local business owners complain that it is difficult for businesses to thrive in the country.

In addition to Pepkor, a South African clothing chain, Beko which recently opened its second showroom in Lagos, is another multinational brand that is making plans to establish more outlets in Nigeria. The company recently announced plans to open seven more showrooms in the country before the end of 2015.

According to the Corporate Business Development and Marketing Manager, Beko Nigeria, Mr. Inyang Umoh Ekere, though the company has been in Africa for years, the owners consider Nigeria to be the gateway to the subregion and an important player in their expansion bid.

He said, “Our presence here is to proceed from here to the entire subregion. We intend to rule the market. We have been in Nigeria for many years and what we are currently doing is rebranding and reintroducing our products into the market.

“Our target market is upwardly mobile young Nigerians. That is why our catchphrase is, ‘powered by smart generation.’ Most Nigerians are tending towards the direction of good and smart products that can perform multiple functions in one application.

A statement from the company described Beko as a domestic appliance and consumer electronics brand of Arcelik A.S controlled by Koc.

According to the statement, the company has won several international awards mostly as energy-efficient home appliance manufacturer. “It is the second largest market for household appliance in the United Kingdom, controlling 14 per cent of the cooler and seven per cent of the washing market in England,” the statement read.

http://www.punchng.com/business/industry/turkish-household-appliance-maker-builds-factory-in-uyo/

below are pictures of the world class.minting and printing company built in uyo recently by the state government and commissioned by akpabio. it is approved by CBN
akwa ibom's industrial era is about to take off cool

Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by Nobody: 6:41am On May 29, 2015
PDP states always improving in development and job creation

while some states specialize in gworo kola-nut and kwilikwili

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by sharpboyus(m): 6:41am On May 29, 2015
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by Vanpascore(m): 6:43am On May 29, 2015
A welcomed development. I pray it's operations wont be interrupted by the power/PHCN problem.
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by Krak(m): 6:44am On May 29, 2015
Taylor86:
PDP states always improving in development and job creation

while some states specialize in gworo kola-nut and kwilikwili

Lame comment

3 Likes

Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by Nobody: 6:46am On May 29, 2015
Krak:

Lame comment

ok
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by harrwix(m): 6:49am On May 29, 2015
more of these
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by Uchan4u(m): 6:52am On May 29, 2015
Vanpascore:
A welcomed development. I pray it's operations wont be interrupted by the power/PHCN problem.

I pray Baba performs miracle in this sector before 100 days in office
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by derolemode(m): 6:56am On May 29, 2015
Job creation in my state abeg make i go bck home PH don tire me
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by Uchan4u(m): 6:57am On May 29, 2015
I so much believe we are moving forward. Though it might not be observable to people who are not observable enough. If u are one that knows how to pay attention to details, u will know that as a country we have made progress so far. #sofarsogood
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by iykebesbt1(m): 7:00am On May 29, 2015
Op u forgot something.. With d aim to zap d remaining dangling economy.
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by Vanpascore(m): 7:03am On May 29, 2015
Uchan4u:

I pray Baba performs miracle in this sector before 100 days in office
bro, 100days!! Hope so, bt i doubt it. **Sai chanji** in aboki's voice
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by Schematics: 7:07am On May 29, 2015
GEJ came short of expectation when he failed to relocate the capital of Nigeria to Akwaibom.

Akwaibom has earned that status.
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by Uchan4u(m): 7:07am On May 29, 2015
Vanpascore:

bro, 100days!! Hope so, bt i doubt it. **Sai chanji** in aboki's voice

yea I know it's not feasible that's why I called it a miracle, but sincerely, I so much desire stability in electricity supply #Sai change
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by fnep2smooth(m): 7:13am On May 29, 2015
Nice one....... we need more of this here.. You can't just monopolize the industries in one region... even when they people there are lazy and are not business orientated.

This a welcome development
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by Vanpascore(m): 7:14am On May 29, 2015
Uchan4u:

yea I know it's not feasible that's why I called it a miracle, but sincerely, I so much desire stability in electricity supply #Sai change

broda, i tell you, apart from free and fear elections, na power be d next, den Nigeria is good. May God help d new government.
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by otokx(m): 7:24am On May 29, 2015
Media propaganda, they started with household factory then showed us pictures of a printing press. The truth will soon be revealed; its just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by BlackBaron: 7:27am On May 29, 2015
I hope we can conquer all our infrastructural problem, electricity, manufacturing and standard of living the way we quashed ebola.

Thumbs up to the people of Akwa Ibom and Beko industries.
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by Uchan4u(m): 7:47am On May 29, 2015
Vanpascore:

broda, i tell you, apart from free and fear elections, na power be d next, den Nigeria is good. May God help d new government.

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by rozayx5(m): 10:26am On May 29, 2015
otokx:
Media propaganda, they started with household factory then showed us pictures of a printing press. The truth will soon be revealed; its just a matter of time.

uniport NEPA director how work grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by DankemzI(m): 11:10am On May 29, 2015
That's a welcomed development but companies should not be allowed build their factories in Uyo Capital city. Imagine Uyo in 10 years with population boom, imagine congested ikot ekpene road & Nwaniba road. Companies should be permitted to build factories especially at Oron & its regions closer to the atlantic

https://www.nairaland.com/2343156/meet-president-jonathans-unkown-son meanwhile here is GeJ's look alike from Cross River
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by Vanpascore(m): 11:16am On May 29, 2015
Uchan4u:

God Bless Nigeria
Amen
Re: Turkish Household Appliance Maker - BEKO . Builds Factory In Uyo by rozayx5(m): 7:42am On May 30, 2015
DankemzI:
That's a welcomed development but companies should not be allowed build their factories in Uyo Capital city. Imagine Uyo in 10 years with population boom, imagine congested ikot ekpene road & Nwaniba road. Companies should be permitted to build factories especially at Oron & its regions closer to the atlantic

https://www.nairaland.com/2343156/meet-president-jonathans-unkown-son meanwhile here is GeJ's look alike from Cross River

true. calabar itu area is free.

(1) (Reply)

This Photo Will Crack Your Ribs / More Pictures On World Most Amazing Borders / Why Buhari Is Right In Detaining Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki.... The Position Of Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.