Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn (1755 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen And Military Grade Riffles: Who Issues The Licenses? / Fayose Seen Checking Licenses Of Motorists In The State (Photos) / FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by socialmediaman: 12:06pm On May 29, 2015
First Petition: Calling For The Licenses of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn

Following the revelation by the Federal Government that Oil Marketers in the country intentionally pulled out from performing their obligations to supply petrol to the nation as a way of blackmailing the FG into paying for unverified subsidy claims, I wish to call on the government of President Muhammadu Buhari to consider as a matter of urgency, a move to make alternative arrangements for the import of petroleum products into the country, and subsequently withdraw all import licenses issued to these oil marketing companies.

This call has become necessary as Nigerians do not deserve the pains unjustly inflicted on them by these oil marketing firms who sabotaged the whole nation because of issues which were not the fault of the Federal government. The outgoing government, for reasons best known to it, refused to investigate this cartel and end the fraudulent system that has cost Nigerians trillions within a short period of time, however, a new dawn has begun and in the interest of the welfare of Nigerians, I urge our new president, Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) to do the needful and end this fraud of a system.

I call on the good people of Nigeria to join me and keep this voice stronger in the interest of the nation. Power belongs to us and we must use it to act and fight back injustice.

God Bless Nigeria.

- SocialMediaMan

2 Likes

Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by Mogidi: 12:12pm On May 29, 2015
I couldn't careless if he murdered all marketers as long as fuel is sold at the promised #45.

2 Likes

Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by socialmediaman: 12:37pm On May 29, 2015
Mogidi:
I couldn't careless if he murdered all marketers as long as fuel is sold at the promised #45.

Lol. N45 wasn't promised but we'll feel the impact of being an oil producing nation with time...

1 Like

Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by Mogidi: 12:43pm On May 29, 2015
socialmediaman:

Lol. N45 wasn't promised but we'll feel the impact of being an oil producing nation with time...

Lets hope so.
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by dustmalik: 12:45pm On May 29, 2015
I strongly support this, OP. Could you post it on change.org, then create a thread about it. It will surely garner a lot of signatures.
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by Orunto: 1:14pm On May 29, 2015
Supported.
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by olasmith10(m): 1:25pm On May 29, 2015
lol...naija no want delay..guys are tired meen..
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by socialmediaman: 2:18pm On May 29, 2015
dustmalik:
I strongly support this, OP. Could you post it on change.org, then create a thread about it. It will surely garner a lot of signatures.

Noted. Thanks man
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by socialmediaman: 2:28pm On May 29, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by Sweetguy25: 2:40pm On May 29, 2015
You think like a child. What you witnessed in the past two weeks will look like a child's play.
Don't play with fire.

1 Like

Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 29, 2015
BROS DO YOU HAVE THE FACILITIES TO IMPORT AND DISTRIBUTE OIL NI? IT IS EASIER SAID THAN DONE.WELL THE CHANGE YOU CLAMOURED FOR IS HERE AT LAST,LETS SEE HOW IT TURNS OUT

1 Like

Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by socialmediaman: 2:51pm On May 29, 2015
Sweetguy25:
You think like a child. What you witnessed in the past two weeks will look like a child's play.
Don't play with fire.

As expected, you commented based on the title
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by socialmediaman: 2:56pm On May 29, 2015
chukwudi44:
BROS DO YOU HAVE THE FACILITIES TO IMPORT AND DISTRIBUTE OIL NI? IT IS EASIER SAID THAN DONE.WELL THE CHANGE YOU CLAMOURED FOR IS HERE AT LAST,LETS SEE HOW IT TURNS OUT

There were 19 oil marketers before Jonathan took over presidency. NNPC imports petrol too but due to corruption and bureaucracy, many of these products never get offloaded for months, they have the capacity to checkmate the activities of the oil marketers, but bribery and corruption is sweeter when the oil marketers and NNPC management exchange hands
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by Sweetguy25: 2:57pm On May 29, 2015
socialmediaman:

As expected, you commented based on the title

I read your post and it is out of touch with reality. There are no better alternative arrangements than what is currently in place.
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by socialmediaman: 3:00pm On May 29, 2015
Sweetguy25:

I read your post and it is out of touch with reality. There are no better alternative arrangements than what is currently in place.

Really? What about this:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/nnpc-to-import-over-1bn-litres-of-petrol-to-checkmate-hoarding-panic-buying/
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by Sweetguy25: 3:09pm On May 29, 2015
socialmediaman:

Really? What about this:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/nnpc-to-import-over-1bn-litres-of-petrol-to-checkmate-hoarding-panic-buying/

Dude, 70 percent of fuel supplied to Nigerians are from these marketers. You won't import and keep the fuel in a storage tank, it has to be transported and sold in private stations.
The marketers play a major in the distribution, if you send them wrong signals and they react wrongly, the country freezes.
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by socialmediaman: 3:19pm On May 29, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Dude, 70 percent of fuel supplied to Nigerians are from these marketers. You won't import and keep the fuel in a storage tank, it has to be transported and sold in private stations.
The marketers play a major in the distribution, if you send them wrong signals and they react wrongly, the country freezes.

I guess you've forgotten so soon, what happened to Ifeanyi Ubah's capital oil. These marketers have been involved with fraud, breached agreements with FG, sabotaged the nation and failed in their responsibilities to the nation, they won't even get more than a few hours of judgement in court against them if the FG goes out for them legally because that's what they deserve for their actions
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by rolchi(m): 3:24pm On May 29, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Gbam....

The OP may close this thread!
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by TOWNCRIER2015: 3:35pm On May 29, 2015
GEJ must hear this
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by dunkem21(m): 3:44pm On May 29, 2015
Sweetguy25:

You are so in touch with reality. Your last paragraph is epic.
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 29, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Don't play with fire.

Are u minding all these faceless e-kids e-ranting with their pacifiers in their mouth?

They rant before they think.
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by blackfase(m): 4:04pm On May 29, 2015
dunkem21:

You are so in touch with reality. Your last paragraph is epic.

Hmmm, and what do you think about this.....

socialmediaman:

I guess you've forgotten so soon, what happened to Ifeanyi Ubah's capital oil. These marketers have been involved with fraud, breached agreements with FG, sabotaged the nation and failed in their responsibilities to the nation, they won't even get more than a few hours of judgement in court against them if the FG goes out for them legally because that's what they deserve for their actions
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by socialmediaman: 7:53am On May 30, 2015
rolchi:

Gbam....

The OP may close this thread!

I've just stated the obvious, when it happens you could revisit this thread...
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by NDPVF(m): 8:30am On May 30, 2015
socialmediaman:
First Petition: Calling For The Licenses of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn

Following the revelation by the Federal Government that Oil Marketers in the country intentionally pulled out from performing their obligations to supply petrol to the nation as a way of blackmailing the FG into paying for unverified subsidy claims, I wish to call on the government of President Muhammadu Buhari to consider as a matter of urgency, a move to make alternative arrangements for the import of petroleum products into the country, and subsequently withdraw all import licenses issued to these oil marketing companies.

This call has become necessary as Nigerians do not deserve the pains unjustly inflicted on them by these oil marketing firms who sabotaged the whole nation because of issues which were not the fault of the Federal government. The outgoing government, for reasons best known to it, refused to investigate this cartel and end the fraudulent system that has cost Nigerians trillions within a short period of time, however, a new dawn has begun and in the interest of the welfare of Nigerians, I urge our new president, Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) to do the needful and end this fraud of a system.

I call on the good people of Nigeria to join me and keep this voice stronger in the interest of the nation. Power belongs to us and we must use it to act and fight back injustice.

God Bless Nigeria.

- SocialMediaMan
Are you not one of those idiats that occupied Southwest because of subsidy?.
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by socialmediaman: 8:38am On May 30, 2015
NDPVF:
Are you not one of those people that occupied Southwest because of subsidy?.

Be careful with insults, you would get banned...

So Do you have a freaking idea why NLC organized a protest?
Re: First Petition: Calling For The Licenses Of All Oil Marketers To Be Withdrawn by NDPVF(m): 8:52am On May 30, 2015
[s]
socialmediaman:

Be careful with insults, you would get banned...

So Do you have a freaking idea why NLC organized a protest?
[/s]Is that suppose to be a threat?.Thats why you janjaweedians stincks to high heavens.Address my question,and stop being naug,ty.

(1) (Reply)

#someonetellcnn Trends Worldwide After CNN Gaffe On Kenya (see Photo) / I'll Appoint Only Patriotic, Decent Nigerians, Says Buhari / Live Video: Saraki Found Unused NASS TV Studio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.