Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here (7111 Views)

I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines / Latitude-cafe Restaurant Waiters Use Hoverboards To Serve Customers In Ibadan / Setup A Profitable Computer Business Centre (steps) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by shehunDEgreat(m): 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
Please , which operating system do you use? And is there anyone using Ubuntu in Nigeria?
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by Megateq(m): 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
shehunDEgreat:
Please , which operating system do you use? And is there anyone using Ubuntu in Nigeria?
i use window 7, stable and suitable for cafe

1 Like

Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by Megateq(m): 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
Nipeks:

Really? I have never seen a cafe using laptop. You know laptops are portable and very easy to steal. Secondly, desktops are stronger and and lasts longer than laptops especially when it will be used by random people.
First, you need to provide security for your properties, either desktop or laptop. Most laptops are more stronger thank desktop. What you need to provide is external keyboard and mouse. Morever, pls go for Dell or Lenovo , Duo core, 2gb , wireless and it cost 25k
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by Nipeks(m): 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
Megateq:

First, you need to provide security for your properties, either desktop or laptop. Most laptops are more stronger thank desktop. What you need to provide is external keyboard and mouse. Morever, pls go for Dell or Lenovo , Duo core, 2gb , wireless and it cost 25k

I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the info.
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by OCTAVO: 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
Megateq:
I will advise you to go for laptops. Six laptops will amount to 150k. In that case , no need of ups and power consumption will be drastically reduced. In my cafe in Akure, I have 15 laptops and my daily fuel consumption is around 500naira from 8th till 6pm
Pls what kind of gen do you use boss? I mean product and capacity.
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by Whynot1: 8:43am On Aug 06, 2015
I'm almost ready to open my cyber cafe. I've a shop that will contain about 20 computers, but I intend to start with only 5 computers with the intention to expend later. Pukena, Ariyebaba and others, please advise me on how one can go into the sales of exam scratch cards and online registration services. Please how do I obtain the scratch cards, and before offering the online registrations, do I need to register with exam bodies like JAMB and WAEC and organisations like the Immigration and the Army? As for the computers, is it ok if I use thin clients instead of desktops? Some people are warning me not to open cyber cafe that it's no longer a profitable business in Nigeria, that I should go for a business centre instead. Please, what do you guys think of that?

1 Like

Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by ariyebaba(m): 10:50am On Aug 06, 2015
Do open in a school environment or a major/busy street
Start with 5 computers
Are you the one to manage the Cafe ?
Are you the one to collect your money ?
Do you have a standby and qualified computer Engr.?

Cyber Cafe biz is for serious / business minded people who want to make a career and become an ENTREPRENEUR.
I have seen so many Cafes/Business Centres been run down and sold off due to poor management.

Whynot1:
I'm almost ready to open my cyber cafe. I've a shop that will contain about 20 computers, but I intend to start with only 5 computers with the intention to expend later. Pukena, Ariyebaba and others, please advise me on how one can go into the sales of exam scratch cards and online registration services. Please how do I obtain the scratch cards, and before offering the online registrations, do I need to register with exam bodies like JAMB and WAEC and organisations like the Immigration and the Army? As for the computers, is it ok if I use thin clients instead of desktops? Some people are warning me not to open cyber cafe that it's no longer a profitable business in Nigeria, that I should go for a business centre instead. Please, what do you guys think of that?
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by ariyebaba(m): 11:03am On Aug 06, 2015
Send me an SMS with ur Nairaland Monicker and i will tell you the secret.

Please, do not call cuz am always busy with customers.

Every business has its secret...................

Whynot1:
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by Whynot1: 7:42am On Aug 14, 2015
Nawa oo! Does it mean that nobody here wants to provide me with details of the following:

1. How to start online registration services.
2. How to obtain exam scratch cards.
3. Whether it's ok to use thin clients or desktops.
4. Whether I should open business centre instead of cyber cafe.

Nairalanders, I implore you guys to respond.

2 Likes

Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by Pidggin(f): 7:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
Following...
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by Whynot1: 6:17am On Aug 28, 2015
Pukena, Ariyebaba and others, I'm still waiting. I implore you guys to provide me with details of the following:

1. How to start online registration services.
2. How to obtain exam scratch cards.
3. Whether it's ok to use thin clients or desktops.
4. Whether I should open business centre instead of cyber cafe.
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by amajato: 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
I'm about setting up my cafe please what are the secrets of the business
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by segzeeboy: 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
amajato:
I'm about setting up my cafe please what are the secrets of the business
no secret than get urself involved,get location,get all needed to set it up. Employ attendant and start. If u are confuse about setup or getting needed equipments, mail me on bseitcomputer@gmail.com
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by fghanni(m): 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
Megateq:
I will advise you to go for laptops. Six laptops will amount to 150k. In that case , no need of ups and power consumption will be drastically reduced. In my cafe in Akure, I have 15 laptops and my daily fuel consumption is around 500naira from 8th till 6pm

and what do you think about thinclients?
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by fghanni(m): 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
Megateq:

but when you talk of durability: i go for desktop.
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by koladata(m): 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
I also have a cybercafe in Lagos and we use these program to control MB usage. Previously, I was selling unlimited data plan to customers, and within the 30mins or 1hour a customer purchases, they could download stuffs worth 500mb which is a big lost on our part, some would even come to download softwares and the likes but since we started using this program, the all stuff normalized and we make more money on tickets. Now if you want to do extra works or download heavy in may cafe, you need to buy mb that would worth your download size. But each tickets has the normal mb size that will be enough for normal browsing. I have discovered that there are no unlimited internet plans in nigeria and if you found one, it won't be as efficient as the limited plans. They came to market this program to him in the cafe some months back, It also have module for laptop users on wi-fi, and sell tickets to them as well... hope it helps for your MB control.

Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by aNAIJAFAN(m): 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
help i got a job as a computer operator in a business center in abeokuta here.. but i ws asked to bring my cv cn some1 enlighten me? On what cv is?
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by fghanni(m): 1:21pm On Nov 20, 2015
get unlimited mb Now : check http://seanetng.com/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amb. Kingsley Amafibe Signs Contract With Lifestyle Hub As Brand Influencer / BUA Cement Records 27.4% Revenue Growth Of ₦‎460bn Despite N70bn FX Loss / Can I Trade Forex With Alpari Using Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.