Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,503 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Desperate Asylum-seekers Are Forced To Climb Over A High Wall In South Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desperate Asylum-seekers Are Forced To Climb Over A High Wall In South Africa (833 Views)

I’m Not Seeking Asylum Anywhere, Says Diezani / Six Countries Reject Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request - Sahara Reporters / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperate Asylum-seekers Are Forced To Climb Over A High Wall In South Africa by KLEINBASS: 4:36pm On May 29, 2015
IT’S becoming so bad that desperate asylum-seekers are forced to climb over a high wall to try and get papers. Foreigners at the feared
offices of the department of
home affairs in Marabastad,
Tshwane told Daily Sun they
can no longer afford the
high cost of bribing officials to get into the premises. “They only let in a few
people in the morning and
then they close the gates
and start demanding
money,” said one asylum-
seeker who refused to be named. “Those who climb the walls
often manage to get papers
by the end of the day.” She said that many of the
applicants who are not
strong enough to get over
the wall don’t ever get
papers despite spending
nights in the queue. Daily Sun visited the
Marabastad offices after a
concerned Mzansi citizen
wrote that the offices have
turned into a playground
and business spot. “Asylum-seekers go to seek
help, but the staff provides
no help,” said the letter. “Instead, they sit and watch
them being bullied by
security forces and they’re
forced to pay bribes to get
into the queues.” When the SunMan went
there on Tuesday, people in
the street asked for R100 to
go through the gate. He was also told it would
cost another R500 in bribes
to renew expired papers or
obtain new ones. The People’s Paper
witnessed desperate people
trying to get over the wall as
quickly as they could to
avoid the security guards. In recent years, Daily Sun has
run several articles about the
problems of refugees at the
same office. The department’s Thabo
Mokgala said: “The
department has declared
zero tolerance on corruption,
and investigations will be
made to bring the culprits to book.’’ He advised complainants to
call the department’s anti-
corruption hotline number
on 0800 701 701.
Re: Desperate Asylum-seekers Are Forced To Climb Over A High Wall In South Africa by KLEINBASS: 4:37pm On May 29, 2015
Re: Desperate Asylum-seekers Are Forced To Climb Over A High Wall In South Africa by KLEINBASS: 4:39pm On May 29, 2015
i was supprised to find nigerians ,ghanaians and kenyans there..
Re: Desperate Asylum-seekers Are Forced To Climb Over A High Wall In South Africa by KLEINBASS: 4:43pm On May 29, 2015
i also had that nigerians an ghanians pretend to be gays an use the excuse that gays are being discriminated angainst in west africa
Re: Desperate Asylum-seekers Are Forced To Climb Over A High Wall In South Africa by KLEINBASS: 5:03pm On May 29, 2015
i was happy upon hearing that nigeria is the biggest economy, thnkn that dodgy nigerians will stay @ home an other african an middle east migrants will also go to nigeria . That would only hv left us with dodgy southern african migrans(mostly illigal). Dnt get me wrong i hv nothing against africans is jus south africa hv attracted dodgy african , whom after finding that south africa is nt heaven they then turn into crime. I hv hired africans in my company and there doin fine including igbos, other afrivans who are illitrate they jus add more numbers to the already existing criminals in south africa
Re: Desperate Asylum-seekers Are Forced To Climb Over A High Wall In South Africa by KLEINBASS: 5:10pm On May 29, 2015
if buhari can change nigeria into a good country that it is suppose to be it can benefit south africa. He must nt behave like jecob zuma and anc by only enriching him self, family and those close to him
Re: Desperate Asylum-seekers Are Forced To Climb Over A High Wall In South Africa by KLEINBASS: 5:18pm On May 29, 2015
nairanders should stop fuelin hatred and support african front, instead on condeming mtn, multichoice an others u should embrace them an also incourage kenyans, ghanains an nigeria to trade with africa instead of condemming african companies an suport americans an european companies who hate u more than south african but they show it wit a smile..am a white south african who see my self as an african. I wont run away frm my country but i wat i willl do is to impower black south african be part of the 1st world part of south africa
Re: Desperate Asylum-seekers Are Forced To Climb Over A High Wall In South Africa by KLEINBASS: 5:27pm On May 29, 2015
hence mind my english spellings an grammar i speak afrikaan an was never intrested in learning english until the global co-operate forced me to knw english in order to prosper. Am currently learning zulu ,sotho and vend(some of south africa languages )
Re: Desperate Asylum-seekers Are Forced To Climb Over A High Wall In South Africa by pappy2000: 10:46pm On May 31, 2015
Hey, you are an attention seeker

(1) (Reply)

Compare This Photo Of Buhari And Goodluck Jonathan ( Photo) / In Search Of Nigeria President: Last Seen Friday Night Enroute South Africa / Saraki Might Be Impeach The Same Way He Was Inaugurated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.