Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,182 members, 7,780,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:24 AM

“I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home (51207 Views)

Erhiatake Ibori Booed At Ibru's Burial For Fumbling Over Common Words / New Photo Of Ibrahim Babangida As He Returns From Germany / “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 29, 2015
SaharaReporters citizen journalists were on the scene as former President Goodluck Jonathan arrived in Yenagoa, the capital city of his home State of Bayelsa.

The former president publically announced that he wished to settle in his hometown Otuoke in Bayelsa State a few days ago.

Mr. Jonathan was met by a jubilant crowd of supporters, from across the six States of the Niger Delta region. The former president was accompanied by his wife, Patience Jonathan, despite previous reports that the Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan were quarrelling because she expressed little interest in returning to Bayelsa State.

Mr. Jonathan was also accompanied by Ondo State Governor Olusegun Mimiko, the Bayelsa State Governor Seriake Dickson, along with other dignitaries.

Former President Jonathan told the crowd that he was short of words to express his feelings. He also added that thought he would be booed and cursed at by the people for some decisions he made, and the lack of development in Bayelsa State.

He told that crowd that, “because you are exposed to the high office, and the thought that you may not have satisfied the people, sometimes you think they will curse you or boo you. But instead, the people have decided to celebrate me."

The former president acknowledged the role played by some political leaders in the State for his emergence as a politician. He said he had wondered that if he had stayed in Bayelsa, he would have done better as a Governor, "but I left to allow others grow politically."

Mr. Jonathan announced his plans after leaving office, and said that, "Nigerians have given me so much and the only thing I can do with the rest of my life is to dedicate myself to peace building. We need peace and development. Political crises don't bring development. I believe the new administration will work with everybody. I am happy the new President said he does not belong to any clique."

The Bayelsa State Governor Dickson said that, "we are grateful to the Party and the political class for giving Jonathan opportunity to serve, and such service he did well. He is our celebrated leader and hero of democracy."

He added that, “those people who Bayelsa and Ijaw Nation is down. Don't laugh yet. We may be down and not out.”

After a brief reception in Yenagoa, Mr. Jonathan will retire back to his hometown in Otuoke.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/05/29/%E2%80%9Ci-was-worried-i-would-be-booed%E2%80%9D-jonathan-admits-he-returns-home

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by agarawu23(m): 7:03pm On May 29, 2015
oh! really ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by dhorlipizzu(m): 7:04pm On May 29, 2015
Who send am?!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by dhorlipizzu(m): 7:05pm On May 29, 2015
Who send am?
Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by eazisky(m): 7:05pm On May 29, 2015
Eyah! even a new born baby knew u tried ur best

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by olaideeeedris(m): 7:06pm On May 29, 2015
Oga Jona, u can neva be booed. U try small

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by femzysticks(m): 7:07pm On May 29, 2015
A time to rule and a time to be ruled

One lesson:

What ever your hand finds to do or what ever task is given to you

Do it will,

It will be accounted for one day

Farewell GEJ & PEJ

#changeIsHere

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by Princecalm(m): 7:07pm On May 29, 2015
nice one. At least he recognised the fact that he didn't do well for Nigeria and for his people.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by Godfullsam(m): 7:12pm On May 29, 2015
Guilty conscience undecided undecided.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by politricks: 7:12pm On May 29, 2015
How wont you expect to be booed when you are the GCFR (Grand commander of the fo.ol's republic)

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by elipheleh(m): 7:14pm On May 29, 2015
This fake news papers Sahara reporters are lies.
My family house is in Bayless and nothing of booing happened

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by kendrick9(m): 7:15pm On May 29, 2015
politricks:
Useless man
you are a big f00l.

48 Likes

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by politricks: 7:16pm On May 29, 2015
kendrick9:
you are a big f00l.
And you are a bigger F.o.ol

28 Likes

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by Truth24(m): 7:16pm On May 29, 2015
It can never happen boss..... We are proud of u anytime Sir!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by emyibe(m): 7:17pm On May 29, 2015
my beloved ex president.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by Truth24(m): 7:18pm On May 29, 2015
politricks:
How wont you expect to be booed when you are the GCFR (Grand commander of the fo.ol's republic)
U just gave me wat to call Buhari anytime he misbehaves

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by adamskutty(m): 7:18pm On May 29, 2015
Jonathan is the worst, mistake leader ever in the history of mankind. grin grin

His followers are also fooools, i have a feeling that majority of them lives in the jungle and have never had access to basic social amenities. grin grin Hahaha! Poverty, suffering and smiling is a curse o. grin grin

The uncivilized villagers are cheering on. grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by politricks: 7:20pm On May 29, 2015
Truth24:

U just gave me wat to call Buhari anytime he misbehaves
Then i guess i am a creative person no?. As for calling buhari that name, i hope you never get the chance to do that.........For our sake.

8 Likes

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by Hope15: 7:21pm On May 29, 2015
Why should you be booed? Do you merit the "heroic" welcome jamboree?
Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by bettercreature(m): 7:22pm On May 29, 2015
He is still an HERO kudos to jonathan for accepting defeat

8 Likes

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by ITbomb(m): 7:25pm On May 29, 2015
elipheleh:
This fake news papers Sahara reporters are lies.
My family house is in Bayless and nothing of booing happened
Did you read the article at all?

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 29, 2015
You don't deserve to be booed. Not all Nigerians are idiots. Some of us actually recognise and appreciate your peacefulness.

As for the booers, they can boo until their lips turn to snout.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 29, 2015
We celebrate our own and now we ve learnt our lesson that Nigeria is a Zoo

3 Likes

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by abduljabbar4(m): 7:51pm On May 29, 2015
After destroying a nation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by CaptainAmerica: 7:58pm On May 29, 2015
You're a hero. A hero can never be booed.

#Respect

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by tociano009(m): 8:07pm On May 29, 2015
grin
Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by Drsheddy(m): 8:07pm On May 29, 2015
K
Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by jamesbridget13(f): 8:08pm On May 29, 2015
hmmmm
Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by Claroo(m): 8:08pm On May 29, 2015
Guilty Conscience

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by IsaacBuchi(m): 8:08pm On May 29, 2015
That is what we call humility. . . .It has its own price.

4 Likes

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by VickyRotex(f): 8:08pm On May 29, 2015
There are still people who love you

Omo eni ole buru titi, ka le fekun paje!!!

3 Likes

Re: “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home by NSNA: 8:09pm On May 29, 2015
Never trust the desert folks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aminu Abdulsalam Visits His Hometown, Welcomed By Kwankwasiyya Members (Photos) / The Sunday Igboho I Knew - Babafemi Ojudu. / Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.