Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Sepp Blatter Has Been Officially Re-elected As Fifa’s President For A Fifth Term - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sepp Blatter Has Been Officially Re-elected As Fifa’s President For A Fifth Term (355 Views)

Infantino With Ifeanyi Ubah: As FIFA Keys Into ‘Football Made In Anambra’ / BREAKING NEWS: New FIFA President Has Just Been Elected! / Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sepp Blatter Has Been Officially Re-elected As Fifa’s President For A Fifth Term by beloxxi(m): 7:52pm On May 29, 2015
Sepp Blatter has been officially re-elected as Fifa’s president for a fifth term -http://www.theguardian.com/

by the world governing body’s 209 member associations.

Blatter, 79, saw off the challenge of Jordan’s Prince Ali bin Al-Hussein at Fifa’s annual Congress in Zurich. In a secret ballot he was re-elected with 133 votes from the 209 voting members. The process was to go to a second round of voting, after Blatter failed to get the 139 votes needed in the first round to win; a two-thirds majority was necessary. Blatter received 133 votes Prince Ali 73 and three ballots were spoiled. However, Prince Ali conceded before the second round of voting took place – when a simple majority would have been enough for either contender to win.

Blatter now comes to the stage:

Sepp Blatter celebrates after his re-election as Fifa president.

I thank you, you have accepted me for the next four years. I will be in command of this boat of Fifa. We will bring it back off shore.” More nautical references!

We need in this committee women. We need ladies.

We won’t touch the World Cup. I am a faithful man, God, Allah, whoever, they will help us to bring back this Fifa. At the end of my (four year) term, I will give Fifa to my successor. It will be robust.

I like you. I like my job. I am not perfect. Nobody is perfect. Together we go. Let’s go Fifa! Let’s go Fifa! [chanting]

Prince Ali makes a brief speech to the crowd.

I just wanted to thank all of you. It’s been a wonderful journey. I want to especially thank all of you who were brave enough to vote for me.

He leaves the stage, and is hugged and embraced by a number of officials, including Michel Platini.

http://www.edge.org.ng/2015/05/sepp-blatter-has-been-officially-re.html
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Been Officially Re-elected As Fifa’s President For A Fifth Term by iykebesbt1(m): 7:58pm On May 29, 2015
Congrats Sepp

(1) (Reply)

That Way On May / Real Madrid Vice-president Confirms Benitez Deal / Could This Be Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.