Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? (2403 Views)

The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist / President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Eziachi: 10:05pm On May 29, 2015
For the first time in the Nigerians history, they had a non accidental president. One that really aspired and wanted to be president by his own volition and choice.

1960: Instead of a well prepared leader in Azikiwe, the British imposed on Nigeria a very simple, unassuming, quiet and unprepared former school teacher cum politician, Balewa as her Prime Minister.

Ironsi found himself there by accident through the event of the 1st 1966 coup . The same scenario event brought in Gowon following the 2nd 1966 coup.

Another coup accidentally brought Murtala Mohammed and after his assassination six months later,, saw a terrified OBJ becoming the new leader without prior warning and totally unprepared.

Civilians returned in 1979 with Shagari as the compromised leader as a result of the two that wanted to lead fighting each otherc to a finish without a winner. Am talking about Umaru Shinkafi and Adamu Ciroma fighting each other to a standstill for the coveted NPN crown in 1979.
And Abiola was an outsider for the same NPN tiicket, then well groomed leaders like Azikiwe, Awo, Aminu Kano and Waziri Ibrahim were equally all left in the cold.

Another coup sacked Shagari and the owners of the coup brought in Buhari to earn legitimacy because of his personality and past records as an honest man.

But quickly they realized their mistakes, when Buhari deprived them the keys to the national treasury, and the same gang overthrew him and brought in their main and reality leader IBB, who handed them the keys to loot the treasury.

When Nigeria got tired of their political games and they refused Abiola the seat he aspiired and won, they hastely brought in a scared Shonekan to hold the forth as they stepped aside.

Shonekan was quite happy just to leave Aso Rocks with his life when psychopathic Abacha predictably kicked him out of office and took over without any plans but power.

Abacha then died mysteriously and in came another fire brigade leader, this time Abdusalami Abubakar.
The current environment was too hot for him to stay and the pressure from the West was too great for him to hang on to power.

So the Northern military gang could not risk giving power to one of the Yoruba NADECO raskals, hence they went to the prison and brought out a tired and wasted OBJ and made him the president the second time without adequate preparation.

When OBJ finished after trying but failed to get a third term mandate, he forced the presidency onto a Yar Adua who doesn't want to be president after his well documented struggles with his health being the governor of Katsina State for eight years. All he wanted was a good rest

Yar Adua, then kicked the bucket after few years in office and in come Goodluck Ebele Jonathan who was quite happy just being a deputy governor in Bayelsa he never dreamt of becoming in the first place when Alamesiegha chose him.
Many chances and series of accidents then thrusted Jonathan with power unprepared.

So , for the first time in the history of Nigeria, Buhari has come in as a president of Nigeria who actually aspired and really wanted to lead and finally got the job on the fourth attempt.
Let see what difference that would make in four years. He may well be like others irrespective of these facts of history and scenarios. Time will tell.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by DahtzFestjayz: 10:06pm On May 29, 2015
Buhari I Know, Buhari I Trust

7 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Acekidc4(m): 10:07pm On May 29, 2015
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 29, 2015
Moral: Never aspire to be a president, cuz you would accidentally find yourself in a presidential position, but if otherwise you go tey die before you reach there, if you doubt ask abe lincoln & GMB...

1 Like

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Pangea: 10:09pm On May 29, 2015
God bless you sir,
You are one Easterner I respect
May you continue to live long for us to see the nigeria of our dreams

4 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Sweetguy25: 10:11pm On May 29, 2015
Non-accidental president for an accidental country? I dey laff grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Ezenwammadu(m): 10:16pm On May 29, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Non-accidental president for an accidental country? I dey laff grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 29, 2015
op, trying to tell us what we've been hearing,reading the whole day in almost all the media outfit,, pls tell something new.

1 Like

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by warrior01: 10:23pm On May 29, 2015
Old man Eziachi, I think it's high time you retired as old age is clearly taking it toll on you. unfolding events even from the inaugural speech have shown that the man is not even prepared for the task ahead. This is the time for reality and not for propaganda. Good night my friend

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by ricsman(m): 10:29pm On May 29, 2015
fact
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by ricsman(m): 10:36pm On May 29, 2015
the truth remains that leaders have been imposed on Nigeria since time immemorial. even when we seems to have voted them, how did they emerged?-

1 Like

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Eziachi: 10:45am On May 30, 2015
warrior01:
Old man Eziachi, I think it's high time you retired as old age is clearly taking it toll on you. unfolding events even from the inaugural speech have shown that the man is not even prepared for the task ahead. This is the time for reality and not for propaganda. Good night my friend
No problem Master foetus, I will retire, anytime you begin to make more sense or write better than me. I promise.
Have a good life.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Eziachi: 10:47am On May 30, 2015
Demburrows:
op, trying to tell us what we've been hearing,reading the whole day in almost all the media outfit,, pls tell something new.
You needed a reminder then. It cannot harm you, can it?

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Emphany: 10:59am On May 30, 2015
And the first move he made is to move our defence base to maiduguri I'm sure if Boko Haram starts attacking from the west,he'll move the base again... I guess dat is wat illitrates do.
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Standing5(m): 11:03am On May 30, 2015
Some deep insight. We have been rule by cabals for too long
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by pazienza(m): 11:11am On May 30, 2015
"Another coup sacked Shagari and the
owners of the coup brought in Buhari to
earn legitimacy because of his personality
and record"

Eziachi, are you trying to say one can build legitimacy through illegitimate foundation?

How can a coup plotter that usurped a democratically elected president and killed our nascent democracy earn legitimacy? If democracy was not allowed to take root, would Buhari be president today? He is now a beneficiary of a system he destroyed and yet you seek to justify and exonerate him, I am perplexed.

Eziachi, I don't want to disrespect you, because
I had utmost respect for a younger pro Biafran you I met when I joined this forum new, but these days you make it so hard not to, with your "mysterious" New way of reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Rawani: 11:13am On May 30, 2015
Well written sir.

Accidental leadership is bereft of purpose, and a lack of purpose means it's impossible to have a direction, which explains where we are today. PMB persevered for a reason, a purpose, which informs the clear direction we have today with regard to the war against terror (relocation of command centre) and management of the economy (re-focus on mining and agriculture to check falling oil prices).

Now we have a leader.

1 Like

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:27am On May 30, 2015
Who says Tafawa-Balewa was not prepared?
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Eziachi: 11:46am On May 30, 2015
pazienza:
and record"

Eziachi, are you trying to say one can build legitimacy through illegitimate foundation?

How can a coup plotter that usurped a democratically elected president and killed our nascent democracy earn legitimacy? If democracy was not allowed to take root, would Buhari be president today? He is now a beneficiary of a system he destroyed and yet you seek to justify and exonerate him, I am perplexed.

I had utmost respect for a younger pro Biafran you I met when I joined this forum new, but these days you make it so hard not to, with your "mysterious" New way of reasoning.
Buhari as long as I know had a very good record as a minister of Petroleum and as a governor of the old Bauchi State.
Mind you , before the end of the cold war, military rule wasn't viewed in disdain as we view it now, even among the pillars of democracy. All they wanted to know was that you are allied to them against the Soviet block.

Am not begging you not to abuse me if that's what you wanted or it makes you feel better.
In my real life, I often respects those I disagree with their opinions even more. As they helped me to go back on my thoughts, to search myself and see if they got a point or whether am right after all.

My ways of reasoning has not changed really, only that many of you got caught up with the emotions of Nigerian tribal and ethnic hateful politics and were probably too young to go above it.
However, I was not in the same situation, that someone would pull a whool over my eyes based on some sentiments and deliberate character assassinations that wasn't true.

That's why I loved being an Igbo man because our culture dictates that we all should have an opinion and not to follow the whims and caprice of others. Those that doesn't know sees it as being divided, but it's the pillar of what we are as a people. Cheer up. Still one love bro.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Eziachi: 12:01pm On May 30, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Who says Tafawa-Balewa was not prepared?
He wasn't. The likes of Shagari sr, Inua Wada and others were well ahead of him in the pecking order in the NPC leadership.
But the grand commander Ahmadu Bello handpicked him.

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:08pm On May 30, 2015
Eziachi:

He wasn't. The likes of Shagari sr, Inua Wada and others were well ahead of him in the pecking order in the NPC leadership.
But the grand commander Ahmadu Bello handpicked him.
Tafawa-Balewa was the deputy leader of the NPC. When Ahmadu Bellow, the leader of the party was unwilling to leave Kaduna, the lot fell on Tafawa-Balewa to be the PM as the NPC emerged with the highest number of seat.
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by omenka(m): 12:15pm On May 30, 2015
So true. Even Jonathan, the ex-president admitted he was never ready for or wanted the job.

3 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Eziachi: 12:15pm On May 30, 2015
Emphany:
And the first move he made is to move our defence base to maiduguri I'm sure if Boko Haram starts attacking from the west,he'll move the base again... I guess dat is wat illitrates do.
There is nothing wrong with the move. I suggested the same policy shift few years ago here on Nairaland. I wished I could be able to pull it out.
You cannot have army hierarchy seating in Abuja while their subordinates run away from the BH. It would make a huge change that they are right there in the midst of things and overseas things instantly and first hand.
There is a saying in Igbo that: "Iru dike na aru nma nko" The face of the mighty warrior blunts the sharpness of the enemy's sword.

3 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by drshrewd: 12:22pm On May 30, 2015
a masterpiece
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Islanders1: 12:22pm On May 30, 2015
[s]
pazienza:
and record"

[/s]

Are you okay at all? You dont want to disrespect him cos he didnt post what you want to hear. Its his opinion, counter it instead of foaming in the mouth. slowpoke

3 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Eziachi: 12:28pm On May 30, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Tafawa-Balewa was the deputy leader of the NPC. When Ahmadu Bellow, the leader of the party was unwilling to leave Kaduna, the lot fell on Tafawa-Balewa to be the PM as the NPC emerged with the highest number of seat.
Do you understand the word "handpicked" then? When you chose your deputy and then decided to play the strings from behind-the-scenes, what happened next for your deputy?
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:40pm On May 30, 2015
pazienza:
and record"

His new found conviction has made him forget what today represents.

Pa Ezeachi, we need your hilarious opinion piece in support of today's Biafran Heros Remembrance Day celebration.

Let's remember our fallen heros and again our two million women and children lost to avoidable starvation (for which they died of hunger and malnutrition) because of "Humanitarian Blockage"

May their souls rest in peace
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Eziachi: 1:17pm On May 30, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

His new found conviction has made him forget what today represents.

Pa Ezeachi, we need your hilarious opinion piece in support of today's Biafran Heros Remembrance Day celebration.

Let's remember our fallen heros and again our two million women and children lost to avoidable starvation (for which they died of hunger and malnutrition) because of "Humanitarian Blockage"

May their souls rest in peace
I remember Biafra fallen heroes every single day not just on any special day. I remembered them every morning taking shower as I wash over my bullet wound mark on my upper arm.
I remembered them everyday because my big brother died at Nsukka front without us having the privilege of burying him decently. 13 members of my immediate family died on a single air raid including my two grandparents.
I remembered them every day because my childhood best friend at Bishop Shanahan college whom I joined the Biafra army the same day and fought on the same unit was killed right beside me in Ogoja.
And was the one that have to tell his peasant parents in person that he aren't coming back. He was from a town called Eziachi, that's where my Nairaland name came from.
And I was just 17.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Onajevwe(m): 1:48pm On May 30, 2015
Eziachi:

I remember Biafra fallen heroes every single day not on any special day. I remembered them every morning as take my shower as I wash over my bullet wound mark on my upper arm.
I remembered them every because my big brother died at Nsukka front without us having the privilege of burying him decently. 13 members of my immediate family died on a single air raid including my two grandparents.
I remembered them every day because my childhood best friend at Bishop Shanahan college whom I joined the Biafra army the same day and fought on the same unit was killed right beside me in Ogoja. And was the one to tell his peasant parents in person that he aren't coming back. He was from a town called Eziachi, that's where my Nairaland name came from.
And I was just 17.

This is deep.

sad
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by pazienza(m): 5:34pm On May 30, 2015
Eziachi:

Buhari as long as I know had a very good record as a minister of Petroleum and as a governor of the old Bauchi State.
Mind you , before the end of the cold war, military rule wasn't viewed in disdain as we view it now, even among the pillars of democracy. All they wanted to know was that you are allied to them against the Soviet block.

Am not begging you not to abuse me if that's what you wanted or it makes you feel better.
In my real life, I often respects those I disagree with their opinions even more. As they helped me to go back on my thoughts, to search myself and see if they got a point or whether am right after all.

My ways of reasoning has not changed really, only that many of you got caught up with the emotions of Nigerian tribal and ethnic hateful politics and were probably too young to go above it.
However, I was not in the same situation, that someone would pull a whool over my eyes based on some sentiments and deliberate character assassinations that wasn't true.

That's why I loved being an Igbo man because our culture dictates that we all should have an opinion and not to follow the whims and caprice of others. Those that doesn't know sees it as being divided, but it's the pillar of what we are as a people. Cheer up. Still one love bro.

Are you by any reason saying that as long as the colonial powers deem it right, it is right to Usurp a democratically elected government using arms by a select selfish few? Whatever the colonial( Caucasian powers ) say is right is right? Is that the extent you are willing to go to defend Buhari treason?

This is a typical case of White ass licking. Nobody is caught up with Nigerian hateful tribal politics, Nigerian politics has always been hateful and tribal, ignoring it and pretending it isn't so is sheer stupidity.

Nobody assassinated Buhari character, It is true that he committed treason and was a part of the group that usurped a democratically elected president. It is true that he was an autocrat, a tyrant and military dictator. It is true that he was tribal and sectional in his allocation of projects during his stint as PTF head, cornering majority of the projects for the North while almost forgetting the SE.

It is true that he was part of the most corrupt government in Nigeria, the Abacha government, It is true that he believes Abacha was a saint and didn't steal despite myriads of evidence Proving otherwise.

He won't be exonerated simply because you believe that your Caucasian masters supported military regimes then, therefore military dictatorship was right in your narrow thoughts. Some of us still have independent thought process and our sense of what is wrong or right isn't dictated by the whims and caprices of the Caucasian super powers, this to me is what it means to be Igbo. Being capable of independent thought process.

1 Like

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Clerverly: 5:57pm On May 30, 2015
Eziachi:

I remember Biafra fallen heroes every single day not just on any special day. I remembered them every morning taking shower as I wash over my bullet wound mark on my upper arm.
I remembered them everyday because my big brother died at Nsukka front without us having the privilege of burying him decently. 13 members of my immediate family died on a single air raid including my two grandparents.
I remembered them every day because my childhood best friend at Bishop Shanahan college whom I joined the Biafra army the same day and fought on the same unit was killed right beside me in Ogoja.
And was the one that have to tell his peasant parents in person that he aren't coming back. He was from a town called Eziachi, that's where my Nairaland name came from.
And I was just 17.

The person you replied was, Mr. Ngwakwe! The two faced former moderator! He is now a Biafran fanatic, since after Jonathan lost the election.

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by EMANY01(m): 6:57pm On May 30, 2015
pazienza:

Are you by any reason saying that as long as the colonial powers deem it right, it is right to Usurp a democratically elected government using arms by a select selfish few? Whatever the colonial( Caucasian powers ) say is right is right? Is that the extent you are willing to go to defend Buhari treason?

This is a typical case of White ass licking. Nobody is caught up with Nigerian hateful tribal politics, Nigerian politics has always been hateful and tribal, ignoring it and pretending it isn't so is sheer stupidity.

Nobody assassinated Buhari character, It is true that he committed treason and was a part of the group that usurped a democratically elected president. It is true that he was an autocrat, a tyrant and military dictator. It is true that he was tribal and sectional in his allocation of projects during his stint as PTF head, cornering majority of the projects for the North while almost forgetting the SE.

It is true that he was part of the most corrupt government in Nigeria, the Abacha government, It is true that he believes Abacha was a saint and didn't steal despite myriads of evidence Proving otherwise.

He won't be exonerated simply because you believe that your Caucasian masters supported military regimes then, therefore military dictatorship was right in your narrow thoughts. Some of us still have independent thought process and our sense of what is wrong or right isn't dictated by the whims and caprices of the Caucasian super powers, this to me is what it means to be Igbo. Being capable of independent thought process.

Its also true that a thousand people died in 2000 in the sharia riots he helped to precipitate a role which he remains most unapologetic about and which the media have contrived to make Nigerians with neither depth in intellectual capacity nor memory complete not to mention the 800-1000 people that died in 2011 directly attributable to his statements about how the elections were stolen from him.
For Pa Eziaci , i have the utmost respect for him but he can not define the point of view of the youth of today using the fact that he suffered loss in the biafran civil war.He had a bullet in his arm, his family members were killed i will not in anyway reduce the magnitude of those losses but i will tell him that during the past four years, igbos ,south-southerners (i happen to be a mix of both) and anybody who looks like them,have been the casualties of an undeclared war on them because for the first time Nigeria had a man from that region in power.
Limbs have been lost but those were the lucky ones the unlucky we pulverized and fragmented by explosions or burnt beyond recognition making a decent burial all but impossible.
We too have suffered loss and have seen even worse the injustice of the nigerian state so much we have lost the hope that it will ever serve us. Do not assume to know more than us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Radio Biafra Now In Yenegoa, Bayelsa. / Proudly Nigerian: 15 Year Old Nigerian Makes History In The US / Apostle Suleman Calls El-rufai An slowpoke,curses Him During 2day's Sermon(video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.