Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? (2406 Views)

The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist / President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Eziachi: 9:40pm On May 30, 2015
EMANY01:

Its also true that a thousand people died in 2000 in the sharia riots he helped to precipitate a role which he remains most unapologetic about and which the media have contrived to make Nigerians with neither depth in intellectual capacity nor memory complete not to mention the 800-1000 people that died in 2011 directly attributable to his statements about how the elections were stolen from him.
For Pa Eziaci , i have the utmost respect for him but he can not define the point of view of the youth of today using the fact that he suffered loss in the biafran civil war.He had a bullet in his arm, his family members were killed i will not in anyway reduce the magnitude of those losses but i will tell him that during the past four years, igbos ,south-southerners (i happen to be a mix of both) and anybody who looks like them,have been the casualties of an undeclared war on them because for the first time Nigeria had a man from that region in power.
Limbs have been lost but those were the lucky ones the unlucky we pulverized and fragmented by explosions or burnt beyond recognition making a decent burial all but impossible.
We too have suffered loss and have seen even worse the injustice of the nigerian state so much we have lost the hope that it will ever serve us. Do not assume to know more than us.
I still believe in Biafra even more than you know. Earlier in its foundation, I had given my hard cash to MASSOB but at the moment, I do not know what they stand for. Every period is different. In the 60s we needed to fight but today, you needed to fight a bit smart without having to resorting to abusing people, calling name and confrontational on NL. That's where we differ.
Go and check my posting as far back as 2008.
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by Eziachi: 9:46pm On May 30, 2015
pazienza:

Are you by any reason saying that as long as the colonial powers deem it right, it is right to Usurp a democratically elected government using arms by a select selfish few? Whatever the colonial( Caucasian powers ) say is right is right? Is that the extent you are willing to go to defend Buhari treason?

This is a typical case of White ass licking. Nobody is caught up with Nigerian hateful tribal politics, Nigerian politics has always been hateful and tribal, ignoring it and pretending it isn't so is sheer stupidity.

Nobody assassinated Buhari character, It is true that he committed treason and was a part of the group that usurped a democratically elected president. It is true that he was an autocrat, a tyrant and military dictator. It is true that he was tribal and sectional in his allocation of projects during his stint as PTF head, cornering majority of the projects for the North while almost forgetting the SE.

It is true that he was part of the most corrupt government in Nigeria, the Abacha government, It is true that he believes Abacha was a saint and didn't steal despite myriads of evidence Proving otherwise.

He won't be exonerated simply because you believe that your Caucasian masters supported military regimes then, therefore military dictatorship was right in your narrow thoughts. Some of us still have independent thought process and our sense of what is wrong or right isn't dictated by the whims and caprices of the Caucasian super powers, this to me is what it means to be Igbo. Being capable of independent thought process.
In life it's always beneficial to be realistic. It's not about what the white man wanted. Even among Nigerians, there was a time military rule was normal.
Have you ever ask yourself who were the ministers, commissioners, local government chairmen and supervisory councillors? Civilians. Who writing the decrees for the military? Your SAN
Where was the judiciary and the judges? Without civilians support, military government has no chance of survival
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by betty202020(m): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
Eziachi:
For the first time in the Nigerians history, they had a non accidental president. One that really aspired and wanted to be president by his own volition and choice.

1960: Instead of a well prepared leader in Azikiwe, the British imposed on Nigeria a very simple, unassuming, quiet and unprepared former school teacher cum politician, Balewa as her Prime Minister.

Ironsi found himself there by accident through the event of the 1st 1966 coup . The same scenario event brought in Gowon following the 2nd 1966 coup.

Another coup accidentally brought Murtala Mohammed and after his assassination six months later,, saw a terrified OBJ becoming the new leader without prior warning and totally unprepared.

Civilians returned in 1979 with Shagari as the compromised leader as a result of the two that wanted to lead fighting each otherc to a finish without a winner. Am talking about Umaru Shinkafi and Adamu Ciroma fighting each other to a standstill for the coveted NPN crown in 1979.
And Abiola was an outsider for the same NPN tiicket, then well groomed leaders like Azikiwe, Awo, Aminu Kano and Waziri Ibrahim were equally all left in the cold.

Another coup sacked Shagari and the owners of the coup brought in Buhari to earn legitimacy because of his personality and past records as an honest man.

But quickly they realized their mistakes, when Buhari deprived them the keys to the national treasury, and the same gang overthrew him and brought in their main and reality leader IBB, who handed them the keys to loot the treasury.

When Nigeria got tired of their political games and they refused Abiola the seat he aspiired and won, they hastely brought in a scared Shonekan to hold the forth as they stepped aside.

Shonekan was quite happy just to leave Aso Rocks with his life when psychopathic Abacha predictably kicked him out of office and took over without any plans but power.

Abacha then died mysteriously and in came another fire brigade leader, this time Abdusalami Abubakar.
The current environment was too hot for him to stay and the pressure from the West was too great for him to hang on to power.

So the Northern military gang could not risk giving power to one of the Yoruba NADECO raskals, hence they went to the prison and brought out a tired and wasted OBJ and made him the president the second time without adequate preparation.

When OBJ finished after trying but failed to get a third term mandate, he forced the presidency onto a Yar Adua who doesn't want to be president after his well documented struggles with his health being the governor of Katsina State for eight years. All he wanted was a good rest

Yar Adua, then kicked the bucket after few years in office and in come Goodluck Ebele Jonathan who was quite happy just being a deputy governor in Bayelsa he never dreamt of becoming in the first place when Alamesiegha chose him.
Many chances and series of accidents then thrusted Jonathan with power unprepared.

So , for the first time in the history of Nigeria, Buhari has come in as a president of Nigeria who actually aspired and really wanted to lead and finally got the job on the fourth attempt.
Let see what difference that would make in four years. He may well be like others irrespective of these facts of history and scenarios. Time will tell.
nwanne am sure u rep Eziachi my root. u too much
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by patwilly(m): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
Eziachi:

I remember Biafra fallen heroes every single day not just on any special day. I remembered them every morning taking shower as I wash over my bullet wound mark on my upper arm.
I remembered them everyday because my big brother died at Nsukka front without us having the privilege of burying him decently. 13 members of my immediate family died on a single air raid including my two grandparents.
I remembered them every day because my childhood best friend at Bishop Shanahan college whom I joined the Biafra army the same day and fought on the same unit was killed right beside me in Ogoja.
And was the one that have to tell his peasant parents in person that he aren't coming back. He was from a town called Eziachi, that's where my Nairaland name came from.
And I was just 17.
Deepest Respect Sir! This almost brought tears to my eyes.
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? by obailala(m): 11:51am On Oct 28, 2015
Eziachi:

I still believe in Biafra even more than you know. Earlier in its foundation, I had given my hard cash to MASSOB but at the moment, I do not know what they stand for. Every period is different. In the 60s we needed to fight but today, you needed to fight a bit smart without having to resorting to abusing people, calling name and confrontational on NL. That's where we differ.
Go and check my posting as far back as 2008.
Great words from a wise man!

I still can't understand where our youths picked up this strange ideology of hating, abusing and maligning every other tribe in order to achieve a purpose. I still cannot understand how anyone would think a noble purpose can be achieved by spreading hate and disrespect all over the place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FIRS Gets New Boss / Buhari Set To Appoint Another Minister Of Petroleum / Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.