Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Jenifa the. blockbuster - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jenifa the. blockbuster (17006 Views)

Funke Akindele's Jenifa's Diary Showing On Air On Stv. How Is It? / Alakada Or Jenifa? / Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jenifa the. blockbuster by kingron: 12:46am On Feb 16, 2009
Jenifa, THE BLOCKBUSTER.it is really a blockbuster.if u havent watched d film b4 pls try nd watch it
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 7:28am On Feb 16, 2009
Biggest rubbish to come out of nollywood. bad/over the top acting, no storyline, all the girls are not real. to talk of technical stuff- bad sound, bad lighting. everything is rubbish. I watched it yesterday and was very angry.

I think Nigerians have been fed to much of rubbish that I dont know what makes Jenifa good to them. I was told the movies was good so i had huge expectations and i searched for it only to watch it and be angry at myself for staying up late. well i skipped it at some point and all i hear in every scene is "N300k for appearing alone". I felt like breaking my TV.

Lastly, can anyone tell me the movie in one sentence (one-liner).
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Raymond88(m): 8:29am On Feb 16, 2009
Why is everyone praising this movie? i seen it and its crap (saw it online for free of course, can't buy such), i even turned it off in the first 5 minutes. Some people have a poor sense of a good movie.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by 5p1naz(m): 12:29pm On Feb 16, 2009
if u dont praise this movie, then you'r probably not yoruba so you cant see a reason why the movie is a bomb, that is an outsstanding movie,
unique story line
she had to spend sometime at ibadan just to learn that accent
i mean ow many nigerian actors have such time
that is what is done in hollywood, they spend sometime to learn sommething new just because of movies, and that was exactly wat jennifa did, that movie is da bomb
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Raymond88(m): 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2009
I'm talking about scenes, location etc. I don't care if she spend all her life in hell, movie still doesn't deserve all these praises.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by smurf1(f): 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2009
Its a little stale naw, its been out for a hawt minte,
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by UNLEASHED(m): 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2009
Different movies with different concept, to me, it's a nice one
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 7:51am On Feb 17, 2009
I think unleashed and Kingron needs to be schooled about film. those two boys have bad taste. Kingron do you know the meaning of Blockbuster at all. find out please. hey 5p 1naz, I'm a yoruba and I repect some yoruba film maker like tunde kelani. Tunde makes good films with a storyline not a stale storyline of village girl comes to lagos without any new twist to the story. why not call it Lagos na wa (yoruba version). "Lagos na wa" that was made some years back is much better than jenifa

Raymond88 seems to know what good taste is. Raymond you know that I decided to shut my eyes to the technical stuff because I know its always bad. i looked at the storyline and cant find any meaning to it. I thought I was to critical at it and got a Rwandan film maker who is objective to watch it and she finds no meaning in it. she even wrote a critique on it. i will post it soon.

I think guys needs to upgrade their taste.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by cuteruth(f): 6:30am On Feb 18, 2009
I VE WATCHED THE MOVIE AND IT WAS FUNNY AND IT SERVES AS A LESSON TO LADIES MOST ESPECIALLY, ON HOW TO BEHAVE ON CAMPUS.

EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS A CHOICE, U EITHER LUV IT OR HATE IT

BUT LETS ALL LEARN TO APPRECIATE THINGS SO THAT WE WOULD BE APPRECIATED TOO,

SULIA KAN, AIYETORO KAN

WATCH IT AND GET ONE FOR YOUR MUM, SHE WOULD LAUGH AND LAUGH
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 9:13am On Feb 18, 2009
cuteruth
I got the film because som people said it was good. I wanted to appreciate our own stuff but what i found is so bad that i was angry. such story i know is not even new. village girl on campus. it might not be directly but i have seen a couple of films that has to do with village boy or girl in city and they are better. I saw Lagos na wa years back and its better that the rubbish called Jenifa.

Someone please preach to nollywood film makers to stop telling me their film in the sound track. you dont even need to watch some of the film. all you need to do is listen to the sound track and you have seen the film.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Perle(f): 12:03pm On Feb 18, 2009
STOP THOSE F******  CRITICISM angry
nice movie, love it cheesy
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2009
you know what i rest my case. I guess many cant see things the way i see it.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Raymond88(m): 2:38pm On Feb 19, 2009
You're not the only one bishop, i gave up on these people ages ago, i recommend they go see a Tunde Kelani or a Tade Ogidan movie. . .they'll jump and call it heaven if they can call this rubbish Jenifa a blockbuster. grin
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 9:27pm On Feb 19, 2009
Hey Raymond88
I remember in 1995 and I was at a friends house and they were watching a yoruba film and Ireti (a yoruba film actress) was digitally doubled and they all said she has a twin just because they saw two of her on the same screen. you know like they did in dangerous twins with ramsey noah. i told them that it was a film trick they argued with me that its not possible that she must have had a twin sister. you know i didnt win the argument then. now its a well known thing to every nigerian that is possible to show the same person talking to himself on tv.

so now when people are shouting jenifa! jenifa! i know letting them know that its a bad film is a no win battle so i give up.

what many dont know now they will know soon when new wave film maker emerge and let them know that we can make better stuff. we will send packing those rubbish film makers who let foreigners laugh at us. you should be in south africa to see how they make jest of our film.

i respect nigerian film makers for taking the chance to carve a niche for themselves and let the world know that they can make cheap films but the fact still remains that our films are poor quality. but its sad that our people taste is so bastardized that they dont even know good stuff again.

what hilarious in "suliat kan ayetoro kan" are we getting 'funkier' or getting more 'razz' in naija?
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by showbobo(m): 9:37pm On Feb 19, 2009
Its a nice movie. . . . PERIOD!!!! I'll rate it 7/10 tongue

1 Like

Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by StFunmi(f): 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2009
9/10.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by mayordee(m): 9:45pm On Feb 19, 2009
No matter what u do in life,some peeps will still criticise, i like the film, rate it 9/10
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by TmeD0(m): 9:58pm On Feb 19, 2009
bishoptboy:

cuteruth
I got the film because som people said it was good. I wanted to appreciate our own stuff but what i found is so bad that i was angry. such story i know is not even new. village girl on campus. it might not be directly but i have seen a couple of films that has to do with village boy or girl in city and they are better. I saw Lagos na wa years back and its better that the rubbish called Jenifa.

Someone please preach to nollywood film makers[b] to stop telling me their film in the sound track[/b]. you dont even need to watch some of the film. all you need to do is listen to the sound track and you have seen the film.

Amen to that!  Not only is it senseless, it's so freaging annoying!  Where they get some of these artists from sometimes beats me.  I know I can't sing but shoot at least I can pronounce the words properly---the other day I heard this one dude singing the soundtrack of the movie (can't remember the title again) I was watching and he just kept repeating the word "mush" (that's much) over and over again.  I mean come on now, don't the producers even listen to the soundtrack before allowing it to be played in the movie?  What's more, the guy sounded so awful I couldn't watch the rest of the movie.  As for the movie Jenifa, I haven't seen it in it's entirety but watching the beginning was kind of funny though.  And since I haven't seen the entire movie, I can't really comment on it.  Just thought I'd chip in my $0.02 about your comment, which I completely agree with. Peace!
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Eagle1(m): 10:06pm On Feb 19, 2009
Its all about the comic relief when other things are failing. For me my vote goes to Jenifa. Sulai ken, Ayetoro ken grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Lady2(f): 10:09pm On Feb 19, 2009
I love that movie.
I think it has a good story line and has a lot to teach people. I certainly was not expecting the end. If it wasn't a good movie, it wouldn't have been featured on nairaland. Everyone is talking about it.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by tommyex(m): 10:14pm On Feb 19, 2009
When u watch some pure american comedies u may not score it as high as the other high-tech movies.

Truth be told, the movie has no real plot + some poor acting by 1 or 2 girls, d lecturers too,
But if u have ears 4 comedy n u understand a lil yoruba u ll love the film, I think it was a creative piece.

Sometimes we jus wana laugh, bone all d story, almost all 9jas home n abroad have watched it n 90% of them smiled after it
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by MT: 10:15pm On Feb 19, 2009
Despite the fact that I am one of the admirers of Funke Akindele, I think she got JENIFA  completely wrong.

That is not a comedy. She should forget about the idea of acting or writting comedy.

If you doubt me then check out film like "OKU IYA  MI part 1 & 2" or "OMO ODE DE by Latin" then compare with JENIFA.

Comedy is meant to make you laugh, but it woefully fails to get me tickled.

JENIFA has so many loopholes. Had it been we had efficient film critics in Nigeria, JENIFA would be badly torn embarassed. Just ma opinion
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by agaba123(m): 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2009
all those big belle girls
What is it with them?
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by clerc(m): 10:23pm On Feb 19, 2009
Well i think the film is a good one despite its flaws and it is still better than most nigerian film today
8/10
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by UNLEASHED(m): 10:26pm On Feb 19, 2009
bishoptboy:

Hey Raymond88
I remember in 1995 and I was at a friends house and they were watching a yoruba film and Ireti (a yoruba film actress) was digitally doubled and they all said she has a twin just because they saw two of her on the same screen. you know like they did in dangerous twins with ramsey noah. i told them that it was a film trick they argued with me that its not possible that she must have had a twin sister. you know i didnt win the argument then. now its a well known thing to every nigerian that is possible to show the same person talking to himself on tv.

so now when people are shouting jenifa! jenifa! i know letting them know that its a bad film is a no win battle so i give up.

I believe say na only you sabi film and it's technicalities for your friend's house, and i believe you are trying to say the time will come soon when those who admire "Jenifa" will be like "Hey i remember when one bishoptboy on nairaland use to say "Jenifa" is a crap! We'll see
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by UNLEASHED(m): 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2009
clerc:

Well i think the film is a good one despite its flaws and it is still better than most nigerian film today

Simple
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by cvibe: 10:59pm On Feb 19, 2009
I need to watch it then.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by tokunbobo(m): 11:05pm On Feb 19, 2009
The film is truely a bomb. Trust me, the film will be nominated and win one of these awards this year. I dont know what to say to those who are not seeing anything good and interesting in the film.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by TmeD0(m): 11:21pm On Feb 19, 2009
@ agaba123, how now agaba? long time, u dey hibernate for nairaland?  i wish i could comment on the movie but i haven't seen the whole thing and yes i do remember seeing a preview of it and those girls with big bele--lol! i still know the code for ya email addy o--ekun fun ra ra e.    smiley  have a good one.  Peace!
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by MrCrackles(m): 11:21pm On Feb 19, 2009
Jenifa?

Nigeria, Blockbuster?

When did that come out
?
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by lalaboi(m): 11:34pm On Feb 19, 2009
Movie is not crap

Movie wa funny . . . . .which made it good. . . .

part 1 was a classic. . . . . the part 2 wasnt all that. . . .

clerc:

8/10

even 2 times better than most movies. . . . .

The girl who acted jenifa is such a good actress. . . . .she played the role perfectly. . . . . . .
h8trs get a life. . . . .like you can do better

If you havent seen it. . . .its on youtube. . . .just search for jenifa. . . . . . .

safe. . . . . .
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by agaba123(m): 12:12am On Feb 20, 2009
T@meD0:

@ agaba123, how now agaba? long time, u dey hibernate for nairaland? i wish i could comment on the movie but i haven't seen the whole thing and yes i do remember seeing a preview of it and those girls with big bele--lol! i still know the code for ya email addy o--ekun fun ra ra e. smiley have a good one. Peace!

Bros! where you run go? I still deeooo.
That my e-mail na james bond my dear.

As per the movie, I watched a bit of it . I was enduring the agony of having to read the subtitle until those protruding bellies came out and became a permenant feature. I have to forget about it. Can say much about it. May be if I understand yoruba I will like it .

Not that bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Phyna Wins BBNaija Week 8 Head Of House Challenge / Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? / Genevieve Nnaji 'Lionheart' Toronto Premiere Tickets Sold Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.