Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari (915 Views)

President Muhammadu Buhari Returns To Nigeria Tomorrow / Thousands Troop Out To Support President Muhammadu Buhari In Kaduna [PHOTOS] / "I Support President Buhari" Mega Rally In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by ayobase(m): 1:29am On May 30, 2015
With keen interest have I been observing some persons, and reading from them with my 'magnifying lens', during series of perpetual political  argy-bargies across social platforms (mostly on Facebook, Nairaland, and Twitter)

I must admit. Via hot debates and discussions backed up with experiences and facts from some persons, before, during and after the just concluded season of election, have I been more enlightened.

The common singular appetite these persons have in common is 'loyalty' to defend courses they are unto.

I wouldn't know/say if they are being paid as some have allegedly countered.

Paid or not, they are good marketers.

Meet these persons;

- Those still bitter over GEJ's defeat, and hoping PMB fails. Revengeful. 'Two graves' analysis comes to mind.

- Those happy that PMB won, thus making mockery of the loser. The 'Ntoor' crew!

- Those not  concerned about whoever won or lost out, but ONLY thirsty for the Nation's progress. Nonpartisan lovers of Nigeria.

My message is for the first set of persons, and partially for the second group.
Despite the inundating shortcomings of our  ex-president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I remain a Gejite still (covers face). The Buharites can leave that to me to deal with. Freedom of Association with whoever or organization is a choice. You can call me whatsoever you wish. ko kan aye!

Nevertheless, I am now a Buharite.

But it will be so unpatriotic of me not supporting the government of President Muhammadu Buhari because of my political preferential inclination towards ex-president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Politics shouldn't be a game of bitterness/revenge or mockery, but love, support and tolerance.

Besides, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan lost out as majority of  Nigerians were fed up with him/PDP, thereby voted in Sai Baba for CHANGE instead of FRESH AIR/TRANSFORMATION.

"Majority" has always been carrying the votes on any level of election.  The "Minority" has no option than to tag along and support. Politic politics.
Here is a simple arithmetic to buttress;

Since I was born, my lifetime has experienced 8 presidents (Buhari, Babangida, Shonekan, Abacha, Abdullsalam, Obasanjo, Yaradua, Goodluck).

On the average of 1 term (4 years) per President.

4 years X 8 presidents = 32 years (Not my age sha. much younger)

It simply means the state/condition of your life in every four years is determined by every government's single term in office.

Your life, and those of your family members and friends go better if the government better as well.

We all have an average age of 70 years to live.
70 years/4 years = 18 terms.

Since we often do have 2 terms per president, then the condition of one's lifetime is determined by an average of 10 presidents.

Directly or indirectly, your life and that of your family and friends will retrogress if Nigeria is poorly managed.

CASE STUDY.

UNEMPLOYMENT:
It is either you don't have a job, thus becoming liability to someone, or otherwise.

Imagine financially helping your unemployed kith and kin when you are supposed to be investing in personal projects. Then, we can easily conclude that one day journey can become a journey of one year, as being indirectly affected by unemployment.

Robbers, cheats, beggers, fraudsters. Mostly breeds of unemployment can feast on one.

EMBEZZLEMENT AND MISSAPPROPRIATION:
This has led to delay in salary.  Projects will be on hold.
Many lives lost due to months delay of salaries. Benue state comes to mind. Teachers dey suffer.

BAD ROADS:
God forbids we lose our loved ones to accidents as a result of bad roads. Directly or indirectly, we pray for none.

The actions of the government, either positive or negative do have great effect on every Nigerian. 

You can think of any issue/problem to check out how it directly or indirectly affects you.

"......... I belong to everybody, and I belong to nobody......."

The much anticipated election has come gone. Swearing-in has come and gone. Visitors have come and gone. Celebration (reminds me of Amaechi's dancing steps) has dwindled. Reality has finally dawned on our President, Muhammadu Buhari. Nigerians have performed their part. "Who the cap fits, let him wear it."

The baton has been passed. The substitution is been made. It is no more 29th of May. The start of new era, CHANGE.

Leadership is not an easy task. We pray God see him through by making the right decisions for the collective benefit of Nigerians, and the world at large.

New and refreshing strength day by day we pray for you.

Let's chastise with positive criticism as we support, defend and protect this new government.

"Nigeria na our own, we must not allow am spoil."

N.B.: Vice President Osibanjo is mentioned everywhere I made mention President Muhammadu Buhari.

God Bless Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

God Bless President Muhammadu Buhari.

God bless You and I.

www.johnomolaolu..co.uk/2015/05/why-you-need-to-support-president.html?m=1

Cc: lalasticlala, ishilove, PhockPhockman, egusisoup,  shariareporters, temitemi1, barcanista, cramjones, ichidodo, ITbomb, Ymodulus, NgweneUkwenu, whynotthetruth, berem, stebell, flets, Mogidi, egift.

1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:33am On May 30, 2015
you sound like a political prostitute supporting anybody in power

Brainless buhari will fail
Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by brownlord: 1:47am On May 30, 2015
Brilliantpiece.

This is what most fail to realise, imagine if Obasanjo had fixed power, revive railway in his 8 wasted years, GEJ would have consolidated on that also Buhari consolidate on whatever achievement of Jonathan during his tenure, at the end we have a developed society, jobs for the youths etc.

Wish PMB / Osibanjo the best in the next 4 years of their administration

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 1:51am On May 30, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Haba! Enemy of progress.
Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by ayobase(m): 1:56am On May 30, 2015
brownlord:
Brilliantpiece.

This is what most fail to realise, imagine if Obasanjo had fixed power, revive railway in his 8 wasted years, GEJ would have consolidated on that also Buhari consolidate on whatever achievement of Jonathan during his tenure, at the end we have a developed society, jobs for the youths etc.

Wish PMB / Osibanjo the best in the next 4 years of their administration

Better summarization.
Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 1:59am On May 30, 2015
Did he support GEJ. Useless Buhari
Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by ayobase(m): 2:01am On May 30, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

I will rather be a "political prostitute" for the love of my Country. We must move forward by fire by force.

And what do you have to do to better this Nation within the next four (4) years?

Enough of bitterness. Embrace and maximize the little you have in your possession.
Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by ayobase(m): 2:05am On May 30, 2015
mistypiper:

Haba! Enemy of progress.

One of the unpatriotic ones I must say, or rather not a Nigerian.
Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by UnknownT: 2:11am On May 30, 2015
ayobase:

One of the unpatriotic ones I must say, or rather not a Nigerian.
so in supporting Buhari, there shouldn't be opposition? He should rather use his veto power and ban all other parties except APC!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 2:16am On May 30, 2015
UnknownT:
so in supporting Buhari, there shouldn't be opposition? He should rather use his veto power and ban all other parties except APC!!!!

Even as an opposition, you don't wish to see the ruling party fail. We're all in pursuit of the same goal of making Nigeria great.
Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by UnknownT: 2:24am On May 30, 2015
mistypiper:

Even as an opposition, you don't wish to see the ruling party fail. We're all in pursuit of the same goal of making Nigeria great.
it depends on how you see the criticism, if you see it as wishing the ruling party fail you are free cos its a free world n we are in democracy,at least for now
Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by kinglord(m): 2:55am On May 30, 2015
@ op one of nice write-ups av seen in a while. God bless ur hustle

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by REMMEI(m): 3:04am On May 30, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

sad

You are the brainwashed brainless mofo here.. and you first name is failure..
Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by VoteOutPDPJona: 7:55am On May 30, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Nwanne hapu okwu! Buhari will not fail in Jesus name!! What kind of human being are you?
Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by ayobase(m): 9:01am On May 30, 2015
UnknownT:

you wouldn't make this comment iff you did read the piece to the end.

people like you sha!

How will you have good listening ears when you have not good reading eyes!

..... Let's chastise with positive criticism as we support, defend and protect this new government.......
Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by 9jii(m): 9:03am On May 30, 2015
Sadists will always be hating
Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by UnknownT: 9:06am On May 30, 2015
ayobase:

you wouldn't make this comment iff you did read the piece to the end.

people like you sha!

How will you have good listening ears when you have not good reading eyes!

its a free world, a criticism you tag negative, the critic may see it as positive.
Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by ayobase(m): 4:49pm On May 31, 2015
this screenshot is from Edwardhead. God bless you brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Support President Muhammadu Buhari by Edwardhead(m): 5:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
[size=25]I was here[/size]

(1) (Reply)

I’m Retiring To Evangelism – Reno Omokri / Ondo Kidnappers Who Sell Human Parts / Governor Wike Recovers State Car Stolen By Amaechi's Spokesperson (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.