Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,499 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Kind Request For Polls. (seun) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Kind Request For Polls. (seun) (1016 Views)

Seun, If Facebook Owner Request For Facebook, Nairaland Swap / Nigerians In Diaspora, How Are You Participating In The Current Polls? / Nigerians In Diaspora, How Are You Participating In The Current Polls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Dollyak(f): 5:25am On May 30, 2015
Hi Seun, lalasticlala, ishilove

I think there should be a poll option/privilege when creating a topic. The visual effects will be useful for surveying the forum community's opinion about varieties of subjects, thus increasing the level of discussion. In addition, it will be helpful for the poll to have ahorizontal bar chart to reflects the number of votes.
Thanks Oga Seun.

1 Like

Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by winetapper: 5:50am On May 30, 2015

expect things like
Eba and Semo which one sweet pass
please vote wisely, for Eba click Like for semo click share

grin

1 Like

Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Svenn(m): 6:16am On May 30, 2015
It's not logical, and I think it's superb just the way it is.
Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Awoofawo(m): 6:52am On May 30, 2015
Support the idea, it is long over due!

But like someone already stated some members may mis-uses it thou!

In my opinion, admin, and mods should be the only one to access the feature. The forum can use it, in sampling members opinion, about any national or issues of importance. Take for instance, voting for miss/mr nairaland (thou I never understand the two relevance), the writers of the month contest in literature section etc will be more democratic in nature. Thank!
Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Dollyak(f): 7:19am On May 30, 2015
Svenn:
It's not logical, and I think it's superb just the way it is.
How is it not logical? Most sites have this option.
Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Svenn(m): 7:21am On May 30, 2015
Dollyak:

How is it not logical? Most sites have this option.
Nairaland has oceans of members and very few mods, definitely, the mods cannot keep up with everything that happen here, plus the fact that they are not living here.
Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Dollyak(f): 7:23am On May 30, 2015
Awoofawo:
Support the idea, it is long over due!

But like someone already stated some members may mis-uses it thou!

In my opinion, admin, and mods should be the only one to access the feature. The forum can use it, in sampling members opinion, about any national or issues of importance. Take for instance, voting for miss/mr nairaland (thou I never understand the two relevance), the writers of the month contest in literature section etc will be must democratic in nature. Thank!
No it can be disabled for things like miss nairaland or romance generally. For politics, it is really important. I don't agree that we should limit this option to the mods. With or without poll there will always be stupid posts, but this feature enhance the level of discussion in my opinion.
Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Dollyak(f): 7:29am On May 30, 2015
Svenn:
Nairaland has oceans of members and very few mods, definitely, the mods cannot keep up with everything that happen here, plus the fact that they are not living here.
I am struggling to relate it with polls . Are you saying polls with reduce the level of discussion and increase more trolling?

Off the top of my head, these are some of the largest forum similar to NL with this feature
1 Citydata forum (Usa) More than 1.5 million members.
2 Redcafe
3 Autosport forum
Etc.
Cc; Seun lalasticlala
Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Svenn(m): 7:36am On May 30, 2015
Dollyak:

I am struggling to relate it with polls . Are you saying polls with reduce the level of discussion and increase more trolling?

Off the top of my head, these are some of the largest forum similar to NL with this feature
1 Citydata forum (Usa) More than 1.5 million members.
2 Redcafe
3 Autosport forum
Etc.
Cc; Seun lalasticlala
Not only trolling, there'd be massive derailing and side talks. The topic would likely reach 100+ pages, hence, it'll be stressful to start perusing every pages filled with e-wars, off-topic chats and all that.

And you have to know that US blogging system/mentality can/should not be compared with ours. It is handicapped.
Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Dollyak(f): 7:36am On May 30, 2015
winetapper:

expect things like
Eba and Semo which one sweet pass
please vote wisely, for Eba click Like for semo click share

grin
You can already do that without polling options lol.
Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Awoofawo(m): 7:41am On May 30, 2015
Dollyak:

No it can be disabled for things like miss nairaland or romance generally. For politics, it is really important. I don't agree that we should limit this option to the mods. With or without poll there will always be stupid posts, but this feature enhance the level of discussion in my opinion.

Ordinary members should not have the privil. to create poll, that should be for admin or mod to do, in order enforce some level of sanity and orderly within the forum.

A member who wish to create a poll can uses the contact admin feature to request for poll on any issues of interest, such poll will then be create base merits or otherwise. cool
Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Awoofawo(m): 7:48am On May 30, 2015
Svenn:
Not only trolling, there'd be massive derailing and side talks. The topic would likely reach 100+ pages, hence, it'll be stressful to start perusing every pages filled with e-wars, off-topic chats and all that.

And you have to know that US blogging system/mentality can/should not be compared with ours. It is handicapped.

Seems you don't understand what polling is all about.

Under polling members can only vote yes or no, or score an issue on scale of priority, etc. No posting will be allow under polling! cool

Cast your vote and go siddon for the result, no more no less....hope you dig now?
Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Svenn(m): 7:52am On May 30, 2015
Awoofawo:

Seems you don't understand what polling is all about.

Under polling members can only vote yes or no, or score an issue on scale of priority, etc. No posting will be allow under polling! cool

Cast your vote and go siddon for the result, no more no less....hope you dig now?
Did you vote at the miss nl contest? If so, the rule stated that No derailing, Just type 'I vote for so so' rather, they did the opposite. This is African mentality, get used to it Sir8)
Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Awoofawo(m): 8:06am On May 30, 2015
Svenn:
Did you vote at the miss nl contest? If so, the rule stated that No derailing, Just type 'I vote for so so' rather, they did the opposite. This is African mentality, get used to it Sir8)

Chisos, you call miss nairaland contest polling?! grin

Are you a graduate, if you are, what a shame?!

In real polling, you have a number of radio buttons with range of value beside them.
For example, you may click on letter a, b, c, d to invoke the value list under them and the result is automatically update to reflect score point under each range of value + total vote or poll cast....

It is more or less like a multi choice option jamb or ssce question format. You dig?

You can't post anything but only choose from already pre-formatted values or options
Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Svenn(m): 8:30am On May 30, 2015
Awoofawo:

Chisos, you call miss nairaland contest polling?! grin

Are you a graduate, if you are, what a shame?!

In real polling, you have a number of radio buttons with range of value beside them.
For example, you may click on letter a, b, c, d to invoke the value list under them and the result is automatically update to reflect score point under each range of value + total vote or poll cast....

It is more or less like a multi choice option jamb or ssce question format. You dig?

You can't post anything but only choose from already pre-formatted values or options
Lol.

I'm not saying miss nl contest is polling. I'm only comparing them, vis-à-vis my own cognition, to qualify how members won't listen to instructions. However, you can re-read my post repeatedly till you get it.
Re: Kind Request For Polls. (seun) by Awoofawo(m): 10:51am On May 30, 2015
Svenn:

No I didn't cos no get time for iranu.... cool

A poll is like thir:
Should Boko Haram be grant amnesty?

With radio buttons [url]a: yes[/url]
[url]b: no[/url]

probably will be on frontpage throughout the poll duration, and there will be no space for posting under it. cool

(1) (Reply)

When You Work-out At The Library / Thread For New Year Celebration Around The World (photo) / PROPHETIC UPDATE On The U.S Elections, From Rev Gabriel Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.