Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} (1894 Views)

Tradition - A Story / The Club a story - #nlwriters / The Greatest Mistake I Made In My Life....a True Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by Nobody: 9:43am On May 30, 2015
I hurried out of my apartment, shutting the door with all my might that it made a loud bang which shook the foundation of the building! My car had broken down few days ago and it was still at the Mechanic’s; It’s times like this I wish I had a spare. angry It was almost 9:00am, and I was still thinking of a way to get to work. I looked like hell! I was hungover with a throbbing headache. It felt like people were twerking to Skales’ ‘Shake Body’ in my head. grin I had gone partying with my two best friends last night and before you judge me, can I just curse Nature and the Calendar for making my 22nd birthday fall on a Sunday. I never wanted to go out because I had to prepare for a meeting scheduled to hold the following day which was today, the first Monday of the Month but my crazy girlfriends wouldn’t have it. I wanted the three of us to just have a very little celebration in my apartment so that I could have the night to myself, focusing on the meeting. They kept persuading me and even though I kept saying No, I found myself in a pair of tight jeans and a crop top; I still didn’t know how that happened. undecided

This morning, I was awoken by the alarm clock at 6am. Usually, I would jump up from the bed as soon as the alarm goes off but today, it was different. I couldn’t even move my eyeballs. sad I laid back in bed for an hour, trying to recall the experience(s) that put me in such a condition but my memory was fuzzy. I managed to get up as gently as I could and got prepared for work. Even the Almighty ‘Mary Kay’ couldn’t make me look normal! My eyes looked like they were going to pop out of their sockets any moment. I was even scared to sneeze.

After thinking of how to get myself to work, I decided to follow a commercial bus. I actually had that in mind from the beginning but the thought of getting my suit stained or squeezed by the impatient rough passengers troubled me. angry Now, I had to risk it or possibly get fired. cry

I walked as fast as my legs could carry me to the bus stop and as I walked, I felt some things juggling inside my clothes; Lo and Behold, they were my B00bs! shocked I forgot to wear a Bra! embarassed

-To Be Continued.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by timpaker(m): 10:14am On May 30, 2015
Interesting... you forgot to wear a bra? grin
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by LarrySun(m): 11:17am On May 30, 2015
Lol! Wow! cheesy
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 30, 2015
Chai! LOL cheesy
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by Svenn(m): 4:52pm On May 30, 2015
Lol. Following.
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by Missmossy(f): 5:57pm On May 30, 2015
shocked Really? This is gonna be interesting!
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by eleshin(m): 10:04pm On May 30, 2015
Are you that boobzy? Subscribed......... Go on.
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by nellyme(f): 10:37pm On May 30, 2015
Larrysun I want to stay beside u pls shift small....laykorn stop peeping cos I got ma bra on unlike the op (lol)
Good work MizzLoba...following
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 30, 2015
nellyme:
Larrysun I want to stay beside u pls shift small....laykorn stop peeping cos I got ma bra on unlike the op (lol)
Good work MizzLoba...following
eleshin:
Are you that boobzy? Subscribed......... Go on.
Missmossy:
shocked Really? This is gonna be interesting!
Svenn:
Lol. Following.
laykorn:
Chai! LOL cheesy
timpaker:
Interesting... you forgot to wear a bra? grin
LarrySun:
Lol! Wow! cheesy

You're all welcome. Thank you for opening the thread cheesy

1 Like

Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by AbuMikey(m): 10:37am On May 31, 2015
Chai! gringringrin
I shall follow till the end.
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by FKO1(m): 8:40pm On May 31, 2015
. grin grin Op don't leave us hanging. .. . Ur boobs were jugglin ehem what else? Btw pls upload ur pic so we can know what we r fantasizing to biko
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 02, 2015
Guys, I'm so sorry for the delay in updating the story embarassed... Can you believe I had writer's block? sad
I haven't written anything comical before cry
So I'm trying really hard to make the story hilarious...
The 'backspace' key on my laptop's keyboard is almost sunk in... I've been typing and erasing like forever.
So if the storyline gets boring, bear with me! angry

Let's continue... smiley
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
‘Could this morning get any worse?’ I asked myself as I walked back home. sad

As I approached the gate of my apartment, my phone rang, It was Patrick, my colleague at work.
Well, someone cared enough to call and find out what’s keeping me. smiley

‘Good morning Baby’ His baritone voice rang from the other end.

‘Don’t call me that jare!’ I already, wasn’t in a good mood and I definitely wasn’t in the mood for his teases. undecided

‘You don start. You and your shakara’

‘Whatever. I’ll be coming a little late, abeg help me cover up incase Oga ask of me’ I pleaded as I inserted the key into the keyhole of the main door.

‘You no hear?’

‘Hear wetin?’ I asked curiously, struggling to wear my Bra with one hand while the other was stuck to my left ear.

‘No work today na! Boss send everybody back home o. He say him wan dash us extra day before we start work for the week’

‘Wow! Really?’ shocked I was quite surprised. That’s unlike Mr. Osifo, my Boss.

‘Yes o! The thing shock everybody. Well, I dey house now, I wan flex small’

‘Na wetin you sabi do pass’

‘I go branch your side later. I hope say my own cake from your birthday remain sha. You know say I be VIP’

‘Na you sabi. Anyways, thank you for the information’

‘No problem. Take care’

‘You too. Bye’

‘I love you’

‘Gerrawt jor’

He chuckled mischievously and hung up.

I felt so relieved and happy. I wanted to go back to sleep because my eyes felt so heavy. On my way upstairs to my room, my phone rang and it was Mr. Osifo. Immediately, thoughts gathered in my head as to why he was calling.

‘Hello, good morning Sir’

‘Have you gotten a job somewhere else?’

‘Nn...oo Siiirr’ I answered like a terribly programmed robot. To be honest, that question got me totally confused.

‘Why are you not at work then?’ His voice was sounding ‘sternish’

‘I… I don’t under…stand sir but Patri…’ I tried explaining while I stammered but he interrupted.

‘If you don’t get here in the next twenty minutes, you’ll understand’ He said with the strictest voice I've ever heard and he hung up.

I didn’t bother wasting any second; Thank God I hadn’t pulled off my suit. I dashed straight to work! embarassed

When I got there, I was indeed very late. Silently, I walked to Mr. Osifo’s office, my co-workers peeped at me from behind their desks one after the other until I was out of sight. Some had looks of pity while others had mischievious smiles; I even heard someone say:

‘Make we bet, them go sack am’

I didn’t bother to look at whoever made that statement. undecided I went to Patrick’s office but he wasn’t on seat. Lucky B@stard! If I had met him, I would have done something drastic to him for playing such an expensive joke on me.

When I got in front of Mr. Osifo’s office, I said a short prayer within me before knocking.

‘Yes, come in’ a hoarse voice behind the door said.

He shouts a lot so I guess him having a hoarse is justified.

As I walked in, I couldn't help but think how badly Patrick had screwed me over. cry

God will punish him angry

-TO BE CONTINUED embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by AbuMikey(m): 8:36am On Jun 05, 2015
Mizzloba, come and continue. angry
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 05, 2015
AbuMikey:
Mizzloba, come and continue. angry
I dey come
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by AbuMikey(m): 8:54am On Jun 05, 2015
MizzLoba:
I dey come
ok na
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 10, 2015
Come and update ooo..Lovely story btw
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by ibrams(m): 7:09am On Jun 10, 2015
so nah like dat patrick take deceive u...i cant imagine ur rage naw,i hope u wont be sack
nyc one...*following*
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by AbuMikey(m): 7:54am On Jun 10, 2015
I don wait tire
Re: NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story} by holuwatobhy(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2015
can't wait

(1) (Reply)

The Lesbian Princess / Writers Or Will-be Writers Wanted On Anybooks Reading App / I'm A Bad Kisser.. Should I Take My Doctor's Advice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.