Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Smoked Prawns Lover - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Smoked Prawns Lover (2289 Views)

Tiger Prawns In Coconut Milk - A Valentines Day Special Recipe! / Deep Fried Prawns / Moi Moi With Prawns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smoked Prawns Lover by Hauwa1: 8:15am On Feb 16, 2009
Prawn! who loves it?

what's your fav soup for smoked prawn? i love Prawn! yeah those smoked ones. today i made Prawn stew for my rice. nothing fancy a real smokey prawny stew.

Smokey prawn is really good with ogbono, okro and egusi soup. what abt efirin (scenting leaf) soup too. oh lala.

your egusi is not complete without shredded and blended smokey prawn.
your ogbono is not complete without them too.

make egusi and ogbono soup with them and see the guy in your life loff you more  grin

smokey Prawny lovers come on in  cheesy

am not talking abt the titsy bitsy spider in your alfredo! am talking of real Prawny  grin
Re: Smoked Prawns Lover by Hauwa1: 8:28am On Feb 16, 2009
Prawn stew by my mom  cheesy

Ingredients:

Smoked Prawn (dry blend)
Tomatoe
Rodo
Onions (half blended with rodo and slice the other half)
Maggi
salt
olive oil

Prep:

clean your smoked prawn and blend them without water if you want. blend till smooth and powdery and set aside.

blend your tomatoes, onion and rodo pepper till smooth  and set aside (only for pepper lovers) leave the pepper out if your don't eat pepper. also you can use dried hot pepper

set your stove to medium, in a clean pot pour your olive oil and let it heat a bit (few seconds)
when heat, pour in your slice onions and let it cook for abt 2 mins

pour in your blended tomato, rodo and onion and stir cook for abt 4 or 5 mins.

pour your blended prawn into the sauce, add maggi and salt to taste.

cover the pot and let it cook for some mins till it becomes a thick paste/sauce.

Eat with Rice, boiled yam (boiled Tiv yam smiley), boiled ripe or unripe plantain, coco yam, potatoes and what have you grin.
Re: Smoked Prawns Lover by Hauwa1: 8:32am On Feb 16, 2009
note:
you can make prawn sauce without tomatoes too. my mom makes it either way.

make this for the man in your life o and see him preach how lovely, homely and traditional you are even with all the books grin
Re: Smoked Prawns Lover by ifyalways(f): 1:23pm On Feb 16, 2009
*Hauwa*:

note:
you can make prawn sauce without tomatoes too. my mom makes it either way.

make this for the man in your life o and see him preach how lovely, homely and traditional you are even with all the books grin

*coughs**
Its been ages i had prawns.dont miss it so much though tongue but wud be trying it out soon.
prawns,shrimps and snails in a pot of stew wont be a bad idea.
Re: Smoked Prawns Lover by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 17, 2009
What is prawn for God sake? E be like say this woman just dey make her own ingridient. apku, prawn, etc shocked shocked shocked
Re: Smoked Prawns Lover by Hauwa1: 2:20am On Feb 17, 2009
eyaaa  shocked see the problem of skipping biology class in high sch undecided

who no know Akpu (fufu)  shocked shocked shocked ask ogaga

se amala gbono gbono ni enyin je ni gba gbogbo ni? grin
Re: Smoked Prawns Lover by Nobody: 2:27am On Feb 17, 2009
*Hauwa*:

eyaaa shocked see the problem of skipping biology class in high sch undecided

who no know Akpu (fufu) shocked shocked shocked ask ogaga

se amala gbono gbono ni enyin je ni gba gbogbo ni? grin
Which akpu dem they teach in bio class? shocked shocked shocked Or maybe it has another name.

Like for real, I've never heard of apku or prawn. Hauwa, you be a food epicure, I see.

Don't worry, am learning from you grin grin
Re: Smoked Prawns Lover by Hauwa1: 2:33am On Feb 17, 2009
my first sentence was in reply to your prawn question.

have you been to chinese resturant? did you see those large reddish crayfish (it is prawn). crayfish is the smaller one. shrimp can be alternated.

but we call it prawn in nigeria. they are large and reddish and usually they are smoked. it is not common in most western nigeria soups though.
Re: Smoked Prawns Lover by Nobody: 2:36am On Feb 17, 2009
*Hauwa*:

my first sentence was in reply to your prawn question.

have you been to chinese resturant? did you see those large reddish crayfish (it is prawn). crayfish is the smaller one. shrimp can be alternated.

but we call it prawn in nigeria. they are large and reddish and usually they are smoked. it is not common in most western nigeria soups though.
Well, time to break it down to you, I'm an ara oko.

Do you have a pix of the prawn, BTW?

Oh oh oh, those things that looks like they have cillia at the top? And it coils, right? Taste almost like excess maggi?
Re: Smoked Prawns Lover by iice(f): 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2009
Haven't eaten that, i will try it.
Love tempura thou grin and deep fried chinese style cheesy
Re: Smoked Prawns Lover by armyofone(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2011
na my Smoked prawn sauce iice take dey compare japanese tempura so, kai

grin

(1) (Reply)

Nutritional Facts And Health Benefits Of Green Bananas / Why We Still Use Embalmment Chemicals –bakers / Cake And Donut Combo For 15k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.