Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,554 members, 7,770,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:35 AM

Why I Decided To Stop Singing Songs Which Make No Sense-d' Prince - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Decided To Stop Singing Songs Which Make No Sense-d' Prince (761 Views)

Singer Jaywon Shades Fan Who Told Him To Stop Singing (photos) / Should Dbanj Stop Singing? / Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Decided To Stop Singing Songs Which Make No Sense-d' Prince by ellechrystal(f): 1:51pm On May 30, 2015
Mavin singer ,D 'Prince has opened up on why he has changed his style of music.Recently, he has been churning out socially conscious songs.He tells Vanguard 

Sometime last year, I had this re-orientation. It’s easier to make songs that are not sensible and it will be a hit overnight. We have done it before. I was with Don Jazzy in the studio and he said I have to start recording new songs. I had told him before then that I wanted to start doing socially conscious songs. 

http://www.misspetitenigeriablog.com/2015/05/why-i-decided-to-stop-singing-songs.html?m=1
It took us weeks to deliberate if we should go that route or stick to our normal party music. We tried it out and I have started getting positive feedbacks. I am yet to visit any blog that writes negative comments about the songs. When you actually sing something reasonable, people will reason and understand you.I have realised that you just have to put out music that people can get something out of. Even it’s a party music; it should still have a message in it. Fela did it. He had great songs and they had a message.

On how he intends to make his music evergreen

I thank God for the Mavin family- Don Jazzy, Tiwa, Dr Sid and others. I don’t believe that when it comes to music I am going to lack .I can’t tell you that I am going to be buying Bugatti’s every other day. Music is the only thing that a musician owes to his fans. If you have music, you will always be relevant, unless you deviate. Most of the old artistes are not relevant anymore because they didn’t keep up with releasing good music.

On a lot of people having issues with the song Take Banana

You are taking me back to the Old Testament. Those days, our orientation was just to make a nice tune and also make it a party jam. I did Take Banana, I did Give it to me, they were big songs, but people felt the lyrics were bad. That is what the people want though. Most times, people buy these songs because that is want they want.

1 Share

Re: Why I Decided To Stop Singing Songs Which Make No Sense-d' Prince by francizy(m): 6:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
I love this! Wish all Nigerian musicians can reason this way! smiley
Re: Why I Decided To Stop Singing Songs Which Make No Sense-d' Prince by osemoses1234(m): 6:28pm On Jun 01, 2015
Mr man u no sabi sing bfor nah...go hang ur boot for music ur tym don reach God bless yu....

(1) (Reply)

South African Personality Confirms Relationship With D'banj / SO CUTE!!! 2face And Annie Idibia On Set Of Video Shoot / Femi Kuti Reacts After 2 Band Members Flee During His US Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.