Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! (1412 Views)

The Huge Snake Caught By Soldiers In Borno State (Photos) / Confusion In Borno As Nigeria Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Go On Rampage / This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by mrcasanova1(m): 4:54pm On May 30, 2015
I wonder what our soldiers really think they are.

Fine, they are brave, but shouldn't acts of bravery be displayed during war times (be it civil, international, against crime etc)?

Here's a pathetic story...

This afternoon, I was seeing a friend off, after he had come to pay me a visit. As we strolled down, headed for the junction, a young guy of same age bracket as us, moved swiftly towards us from the opposite direction and told us:

"Chairman (addressing my friend), you better turn back o. Soldiers dey use bottle take barb people when get many hair for junction there".

What he meant was that some soldiers had taken the job of hair stylists and barbers angry, using bottle to shave off the hair of guys rocking punk, "gallas", afro and all the trendy hair styles.

And my friend grooms an "old school". We had to sharply turn back to the direction of my house, to avoid stories that touch.

But I am really miffed. Do soldiers have the right to tell us the kind of hairstyle to go with?

Do they have the right to shave off the hair of people who move about with "unseemly" haircut? And to think they do the shaving with a bottle! Such barbarism reeks. It's humiliating and out of place if you ask me.

So what's your take? Please weigh in with your opinions and experiences.
Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by Xslaze3xd(m): 5:04pm On May 30, 2015
Same shit in ma Area!!!!! Igbudu, Warri
Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by mrcasanova1(m): 5:06pm On May 30, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
Same shit in ma Area!!!!! Igbudu, Warri
Exactly! This thing happens mostly in Delta. I am currently in Sapele where this nonsense took place.

1 Like

Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by 4stylz: 5:12pm On May 30, 2015
I always say this; Nigeria militarily is a disgrace and the worse in the world
Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by mrcasanova1(m): 5:20pm On May 30, 2015
4stylz:
I always say this; Nigeria militarily is a disgrace and the worse in the world
To be frank, they are competent in other aspect, when well motivated. But in cases like this, they make me hate them.
Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by Lilyomi(f): 5:31pm On May 30, 2015
Maybe they r angered that ladies r.passin them for u ppl grin
Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by mrcasanova1(m): 5:36pm On May 30, 2015
Lilyomi:
Maybe they r angered that ladies r.passin them for u ppl grin
Lol. They should forget about bleeping for now and face their duties o. Bleeping no dey run grin
Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by Xslaze3xd(m): 10:04pm On May 30, 2015
One thing I have noticed, its only the non-comissioned Officers like Sergeant, Private or Copral that does it.
Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by mrcasanova1(m): 10:12pm On May 30, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
One thing I have noticed, its only the non-comissioned Officers like Sergeant, Private or Copral that does it.
Yeah. Especailly those ones who are not so educated
Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by Xslaze3xd(m): 10:26pm On May 30, 2015
mrcasanova1:
I be mumu
correct

1 Like

Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by Arsenalholic(m): 5:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
The NA needs proper orientation. You don't go about treating defenceless civilians like crap, just because you are weilding a rusty AK-47.

Sometimes when I see their inhumanity to innocent people, I feel like confronting them. But knowing that is aking for trouble, I just maintain my lane.
Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by mrcasanova1(m): 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
Arsenalholic:
The NA needs proper orientation. You don't go about treating defenceless civilians like crap, just because you are weilding a rusty AK-47.

Sometimes when I see their inhumanity to innocent people, I feel like confronting them. But knowing that is aking for trouble, I just maintain my lane.
Lmao @ ''rusty Ak-47''. You are mean, bro. grin
Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 1:40am On Jun 07, 2015
This is quite unfortunate coming from men of the Nigerian Army who should be protecting the people they have chosen to harass.

This is common with non-commissioned officers and I believe these are some of the possible factors behind such barbaric actions:

1. Low self-esteem
2. Lack of adequate education/public etiquette
3. Over-zealousness
4. Culture of impunity

Na only God......
Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by mrcasanova1(m): 6:51am On Jun 07, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
This is quite unfortunate coming from men of the Nigerian Army who should be protecting the people they have chosen to harass.

This is common with non-commissioned officers and I believe these are some of the possible factors behind such barbaric actions:

1. Low self-esteem
2. Lack of adequate education/public etiquette
3. Over-zealousness
4. Culture of impunity

Na only God......
you nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 07, 2015
In a sane environment, soldiers are sent only to the war fronts; and to the nation's territorial borders. It's only in nigeria that soldiers does the work of police. They shouldn't even be allowed to mount check points. They should all be sent back to the barracks
Re: Is This Right? [Nigeria Soldiers At It Again]! by mrcasanova1(m): 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
himkers:
In a sane environment, soldiers are sent only to the war fronts; and to the nation's territorial borders. It's only in nigeria that soldiers does the work of police. They shouldn't even be allowed to mount check points. They should all be sent back to the barracks
You are right, bro. Unfortunately the system in Nigeria is out of tune...

(1) (Reply)

How INTROVERT Is Always FTC. / How do people make money on the internet? / Menstrual Cramps:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.