Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu (14941 Views)

Buhari Will Step On Toes, Big Fat Toes & Heavens Will Not Fall: Lauretta Onochie / Ikpeazu To Appeal High Court Judgement: Tells Abians Not To Panic / Abians Celebrate Otti's Victory In Umuahia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2015
The newly sworn-in Governor of Abia State, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, on Saturday said that his government was ready to step on toes to change the status of the state for good.

Ikpeazu said this during a thanksgiving service held in his honour at the Seventh Day Adventist Church, Eastern Union Conference Headquarters in Aba.
He, however, enjoined persons whose “legs are on the way to remove them before his arrival, in other not to have their toes stepped on”.

“I want God to make Abians to understand that if you want to eat an omelette, you must be ready to crack eggs.

“I thank God that I am courageous enough to take these decisions. God being with me, I will serve Abia and the people of Nigeria with the fear of God.
“I will also take decisions that may not be very palatable but will let the guiding principle be, “Is it in the best interest of the greater majority of our people?’’
The governor noted that it was time to turn things in the state around, adding that it would no longer be business as usual.

“We have travelled so long on the wrong path, probably by events not caused by governments but caused by our people.

“This is the time to turn around because this is not going to be business as usual.
“We must change the way we think, the way we do things, the way we build our houses, we must have respect for our neighbours; in doing so, we will be more responsible,’’ he said.

Ikpeazu said that he came to the thanksgiving service to present his plans and programmes before God, so that He could touch Abians to take necessary steps to turn the state around.
He said he would report for duty in Aba on Monday and visit Umuahia on Tuesday, adding that he would take time to inspect roads in both places and in Arochukwu.

Dr Bassey Udoh, the President, Seventh Day Adventist Church, Eastern Nigerian Union Conference (ENUC), had earlier charged the governor to watch what he did in order not to displease God.

Udoh, in his sermon titled “When God was Ready’’, urged the governor to be wise, saying that he needed great wisdom to be safe in all he did.
“If God has given you money and you do not have the wisdom to manage it, you will soon die.
“If God has given you beauty and you do not have the wisdom to manage it, you will soon die.
“If God has given you a position and you do not have the wisdom to manage it, you will soon die, so be careful what you do,” he said.

Udoh added that God’s choice of an individual did not preclude such from mistakes, adding that the tendency to make mistakes should make God’s chosen ones to seek wisdom earnestly.

The cleric took his reading from 1 Corinthians 1 : 25 – 29 and said that God’s choices were always different from man’s, adding that God’s foolishness beats man’s wisdom.

He urged the governor not to fear because God was with him and would fight his battles for him, with no one being able to overcome him.

Bishop Nathan Kanu, the Bishop of the Anglican Diocese of Aba, Ngwa-North, urged the governor to change the things that did not suit his plans for Abians.

He called on all Abia people to join hands to make the governor successful, adding that God, who had called him, would sustain and help him.
While delivering his goodwill message, a notable Abia statesman, Elder Emmanuel Adaelu, noted that the task before the governor was onerous and urged all Abians should ensure that he succeeded.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/i-may-step-on-toes-for-abians-good-ikpeazu/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by Gboliwe: 7:10pm On May 30, 2015
You have my explicit permission to not only step on but crush and Infact cut of the entire legs of any whose toes are on the way.

To make an omelette, you need to crack the eggs. For a better Abia, so many things must give.

May God help you.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by phantom(m): 8:52pm On May 30, 2015
mr ikpeazu,please start by chopping off TA orjis two legs,then maybe,just maybe,we might start taking you seriously.. wink

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by ayusco85(m): 9:48pm On May 30, 2015
stolen mandate. everyone in Abia knows u didnt win. well u have less than 6 months before the tribunal boots u out. steal what u can.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 30, 2015
Leave the feet alone and trample on heads iif only iits for good grin

3 Likes

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by ZYZZA: 9:49pm On May 30, 2015
If you like step on head. Let just pray it. Not the masses toe you step on. Our PVC never loss

8 Likes

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by ultrazone(m): 9:49pm On May 30, 2015
pooqq
Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by SHARIAREPORTERS: 9:49pm On May 30, 2015
Abia state is far better than lagos state Dunno y am in lagos sef Soon leave for abia state Godz own state
Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by Firefire(m): 9:50pm On May 30, 2015
[size=15pt]The sorry state of our economy does not require any toes stepping.

What we need now in Nigeria is CAPITAL PUNISHMENT, death by hanging for any corrupt person caught.

Ikpeazu, please cut-off toes as any toes stepped on could be healed.
[/size]

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by loashi(m): 9:50pm On May 30, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by folabayo1(f): 9:50pm On May 30, 2015
We haff hear!
Just keep ur promises undecided
Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by walad4yhu(m): 9:51pm On May 30, 2015
A
Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by safarigirl(f): 9:51pm On May 30, 2015
phantom:
mr ikpeazu,please start by chopping off TA orjis two legs,then maybe,just maybe,we might start taking you seriously.. wink
azzin. Talk is cheaper than a cup of garri. That man will have to do a lot considering the fraudulent way he got into power

1 Like

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by chikahenry(m): 9:51pm On May 30, 2015
Mr gov pls u can also break d toes it's allowed esp. D toes of t.a orji nd his useless son

2 Likes

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by adaybayor(m): 9:51pm On May 30, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Abia state is far better than lagos state
Dunno y am in lagos sef
Soon leave for abia state
Godz own state

Ode

8 Likes

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by mcfoxy(m): 9:52pm On May 30, 2015
Abians hv entered one chance again, chia

4 Likes

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by Idrismusty97(m): 9:52pm On May 30, 2015
Good! Start with T.A orji, In fact crush his feet! smiley.
Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 30, 2015
Aba it would be a tough one. Gear up for some demolition.
Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by Pavore9: 9:52pm On May 30, 2015
Feel free to step on people's head, just make Aba clean for it is an eyesore! angry

1 Like

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by Gepheral: 9:52pm On May 30, 2015
Things up
Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by eljidy(m): 9:52pm On May 30, 2015
kk....nice. remember to declare your assets publicly before tm stepping on their toes in order to have public permission to even crush them....declare publicly nii not b like sai baba way o.
Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by OzMingle(m): 9:53pm On May 30, 2015
You will be only believed if you can kick start the stepping on TA Orji's now.....

1 Like

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by UnknownT: 9:53pm On May 30, 2015
E no go pass demolition, but if you dey demolish make sure you pay compensation oh

1 Like

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 30, 2015
RaDaZaBaNa:

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/i-may-step-on-toes-for-abians-good-ikpeazu/

talk is cheap. this guy is just TA puppet. I've never heard that an ex governor comes back to commission a project. start by probing TA then ABA people would know that you are serious

2 Likes

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by barry40: 9:53pm On May 30, 2015
Everyone who is ready to serve should prepare to step on toes of course!

Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by AngelaUdoka(f): 9:53pm On May 30, 2015
Booked

Wht was the topic again?
Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by SHARIAREPORTERS: 9:54pm On May 30, 2015
adaybayor:

Ode
Baba ati mama e, ode ni won
Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by seedorfg(m): 9:54pm On May 30, 2015
thats good, but dont step on OBJ toes o
Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by chiefinalowo: 9:54pm On May 30, 2015
If it will take the new Governor to step on toes in order to deliver, please go ahead and step on their heads too.
All the states in Nigeria have to change for positive.
Re: I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu by MacluvPH(m): 9:54pm On May 30, 2015
Not only stepping on TA Orji and his family, but step on their heads and shit on it just to make sure u fix Abia from the ruins of TA Orji(Oche Mkpi).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambassadors Of Belgium, Poland, Rwanda Inspecting Guards Of Honor Today / Army Begins Investigation Into Killing Of Pro-biafra Agitators. / Osinbajo Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.