Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

What I Saw On My Way From Church Today (photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Saw On My Way From Church Today (photo) (2422 Views)

The Church Banner I Saw On My Way In Portharcourt / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Is This Really Happening In Church Today? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Saw On My Way From Church Today (photo) by MORNDEW(m): 11:53am On May 31, 2015
The Sabbath day has over the years formed many Christians and religious discuss. Some divide of Christianity have put it forward that there's nothing wrong in Sunday being the sabath day while the other side of the divide said no, its was and should remain Saturday.

Most proponents of the Sabbath on sunday base their arguments on the fact that the Apostles broke bread on the first day of the week, Acts 20:7 that Jesus rose on Easter Sunday and that event really showed that the Sabbath day was on Sunday.

Those who are against Sunday and believe its Saturday, argue that since Sunday is the first day of the week, then Saturday is the undisputed seventh day of the week as commanded in the Bible. They also argued that Jesus worshipped in the Synagogue on Sabbath, Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16.

The car below, carry an inscription which i think you would love to respond to.

Princewill Chimereze.

Writer, Public Affairs Analyst and social Commentator. He believes Christians should reason critically, read more of their Bible than believing in their pastors.

Gotten from: www.enlightennigeria..com/2015/05/the-sabbath-day-saturday-or-sunday.html

Re: What I Saw On My Way From Church Today (photo) by Sicozone(m): 12:35pm On May 31, 2015
I think he's right but Sunday's our Sabbath.....And btw God is the same every day......He doesn't change!!!
Re: What I Saw On My Way From Church Today (photo) by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 31, 2015
follow sabath so teyyyyyy they'll forget basic christianity principles such as caring for your neighbours first!
anytime you like worship God, the quality of the worship, i think should be more important than the day/date/time of worship
Re: What I Saw On My Way From Church Today (photo) by dapyd1(m): 12:48pm On May 31, 2015
Re: What I Saw On My Way From Church Today (photo) by vooks: 1:04pm On May 31, 2015
Unless you are Jewish, forget about circumcision, sabbath, Pentecost...

There are 4 positions on sabbath three of which are wrong;
1. Sabbath commandment is binding on Christians- Used by Sabbath keepers
2. Sabbath was changed by God from Saturday to Sunday by Roman Catholic Church- Used by Roman Catholic Church
3. Sabbath was changed from Saturday to Sunday by the Apostles so Christian sabbath is Sunday- Used by some Protestants
4. God is INDIFFERENT to the days you observe or don't observe/esteem

#4 is the true position. Once that is settled, any reason you may conjure for keeping whatever day is irrelevant. You could keep Sunday because it is expedient, tradition, because you like the name Sunday....it don't matter WHY you observe it, that's up to you
Re: What I Saw On My Way From Church Today (photo) by hahn(m): 1:17pm On May 31, 2015
But pastors work(preach) and get paid(your offerings and tithes) on the sabbath day
Re: What I Saw On My Way From Church Today (photo) by RobinHez(m): 2:20pm On May 31, 2015
Jesus resurrected on the first day of the week (Sunday) dats why its celebrated as the Lord's day! we worship on the Lord's day.
Re: What I Saw On My Way From Church Today (photo) by MORNDEW(m): 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
vooks:
Unless you are Jewish, forget about circumcision, sabbath, Pentecost...

There are 4 positions on sabbath three of which are wrong;
1. Sabbath commandment is binding on Christians- Used by Sabbath keepers
2. Sabbath was changed by God from Saturday to Sunday by Roman Catholic Church- Used by Roman Catholic Church
3. Sabbath was changed from Saturday to Sunday by the Apostles so Christian sabbath is Sunday- Used by some Protestants
4. God is INDIFFERENT to the days you observe or don't observe/esteem

#4 is the true position. Once that is settled, any reason you may conjure for keeping whatever day is irrelevant. You could keep Sunday because it is expedient, tradition, because you like the name Sunday....it don't matter WHY you observe it, that's up to you
wow, mind pricking.
Re: What I Saw On My Way From Church Today (photo) by Rilwon: 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
Sicozone:
I think he's right but Sunday's our Sabbath.....And btw God is the same every day......He doesn't change!!!

YHWH ordered Moses and Aaron to stone one Israelite that didn't keep the sabbath day. I don't think YHWH will take it lightly with you either.
Re: What I Saw On My Way From Church Today (photo) by tpiadotcom: 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
ok

(1) (Reply)

Should We Post Our Charity And Good Deeds On Social Media? / Athiest A Question For U! / NairaLand Daily Christian Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.