Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? (43872 Views)

Ladies, See How To Escape Cancer In Your bosom!! / My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk / Does Pressing Or Sucking Make bosom Loose Or Increase Size? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 31, 2015
The body will reabsorb it. Just like it does with semen, blood and other non toxic substances.

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 31, 2015
portaableg:
Why Stupid question....period.

Well if only Sp..m goes bad too.

Exactly. How can fluids go bad while still inside the body??

See what ignorance can do.

7 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by ben1daEbiri(m): 2:41pm On May 31, 2015
Breast milk only goes bad if it's no longer in the bosom,but inside the bosom,it's as good as fresh palm wine Source:my mom (a retired nurse from the Rivers State Primary Health Care & Maternity)

4 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Dhaarmee(f): 2:41pm On May 31, 2015
This question pass me biko...
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by ZYZZA: 2:42pm On May 31, 2015
Check the nafdac number na

And it made front page

Buhari should prob this mod

2 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by hucienda: 2:43pm On May 31, 2015
cheesy the title of this topic is kinda cheesy
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by abbey621(m): 2:44pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

hmmn...smh
Dear,i dont post for the purpose of posting but for advice n answers to WHAT I AM SURE OF.The enzyme is called lipase-which is responsible for breaking down fats in the milk.when it reacte excessively with the milk,it gets sour

You are right only to a certain level. Milk that is outside the body can get sour but not milk still inside the mammary glands. A woman can go hours, even days without breastfeeding and it would still be safe to breastfeed again after the duration, the only difficulty might be producing enough breast milk.

3 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by pecothecash: 2:44pm On May 31, 2015
hi
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 31, 2015
I don't think it ever goes bad. There are so many fluids inside us humans, and hardly do you hear of any one of them going bad while still inside of us. The milk produced in the breast of a lactating mother therefore cannot be an exception.

2 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by jnrbayano(m): 2:44pm On May 31, 2015
Estimable:
Reading comments......happy sunday pals

Who are your pals?
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by modath(f): 2:44pm On May 31, 2015
If a person is living and breathing oxygen,how is it possible for what is in the body to go bad, its an old wives myth that has no scientific backing... I have seen a mom try to wean her baby, the child wasn't co operative despite all efforts to increase solid food intake.

The mum couldn't take the baby's pitiful wailing after the 2nd day & gave the br3ast back to the child and NOTHING HAPPENED!!

7 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Estimable(m): 2:45pm On May 31, 2015
jnrbayano:

Who are your pals?
Hahahahaha, see my pali pali oooo, JNR BAYANO himself, happy Sunday ooooo
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by jnrbayano(m): 2:49pm On May 31, 2015
Estimable:

Hahahahaha, see my pali pali oooo, JNR BAYANO himself, happy Sunday ooooo

See you perch for frontpage like Ugoloma because of b.reast matter?

Confess! grin
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by seemples(f): 2:50pm On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:
Ask seemples, she knows

Pipsland you too have bosom, why not answer the op?
Calm down already.
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Bollinger(m): 2:50pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:
Off course it does go sour!milk is proteinous.if egg that is proteinous can get rotten,how much more can breastmilk?...breastmilk gets sour easily compared to egg because the milk from the mammary glands in the breast react with certain enzymes in the breast.

Really? na over sabi de do you. Have you ever seen a child reject breast milk? my wife breast feeded my first kid for 9 month straight but couldn't do it with the same consistency with my second kid. She would only breast feed at night and supplement with baby food in the day time. I never for once seen my kid reject her milk. Nice try though.

4 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Kasimaramma2(f): 2:51pm On May 31, 2015
abbey621:

You are right only to a certain level. Milk that is outside the body can get sour but not milk still inside the mammary glands. A woman can go hours, even days without breastfeeding and it would still be safe to breastfeed again after the duration, the only difficulty might be producing enough breast milk.
very well then,you can give your child milk that has stayed for a decade in your breast if you wish
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by kay29000(m): 2:53pm On May 31, 2015
Does sperm go bad in the scrotum? Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by adanduka: 2:53pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

hmmn...smh
Dear,i dont post for the purpose of posting but for advice n answers to WHAT I AM SURE OF.The enzyme is called lipase-which is responsible for breaking down fats in the milk.when it reacte excessively with the milk,it gets sour

Lipase, according to research i read, causes milk to turn sour when the milk is out of the breas.t. i.e when the milk is exposed to air such as milk expressed using pumps or whatever means.
Thanks for your helpful input .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Estimable(m): 2:57pm On May 31, 2015
jnrbayano:

See you perch for frontpage like Ugoloma because of b.reast matter?
Confess! grin
LOo°ÚÚÚ°ol!
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by abbey621(m): 2:58pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

very well then,you can give your child milk that has stayed for a decade in your breast if you wish

You should be wise enough to know that milk cannot stay in the bosom for a decade and if you know anything about human anatomy, you would have known the reasons why grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by linnyx: 2:59pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

hmmn...smh
Dear,i dont post for the purpose of posting but for advice n answers to WHAT I AM SURE OF.The enzyme is called lipase-which is responsible for breaking down fats in the milk.when it reacts excessively with the milk,it gets sour

I agree with you that lipase when it reacts excessively with the mil gets it "sour" but only when the milk is not in the bosom - i.e. pumped and stored.

2 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by linnyx: 3:00pm On May 31, 2015
Oga, breastmilk doesn't go sour in the bosom. Period

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 31, 2015
Milk does not spoil in the breast joor, except wen its there for many days or over a week.

Small time una go tell us say sperm go sour for blokost

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by adanduka: 3:07pm On May 31, 2015
modath:

If a person is living and breathing oxygen,how is it possible for what is in the body to go bad, its an old wives myth that has no scientific backing... I have seen a mom try to wean her baby, the child wasn't co operative despite all efforts to increase solid food intake.

The mum couldn't take the baby's pitiful wailing after the 2nd day & gave the br3ast back to the child and NOTHING HAPPENED!!

If you have nursing mothers around you, try to sample their opinions. I looked silly arguing among them because I didn't have facts and figures to disprove them. They had stories of years of 'knowledge &experience' to prove their sour-milk-in-breast theory.

I'm beginning to think those cases that made them reach this conclusion might be related to other things like a dirty lifestyle or infection on the breas.t and not the milk inside the breas.t.

3 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by bettercreature(m): 3:08pm On May 31, 2015
Vanellope:
I don't think it ever goes bad. There are so many fluids inside us humans, and hardly do you hear of any one of them going bad while still inside of us. The milk produced in the breast of a lactating mother therefore cannot be an exception.
I wonder how old you are and why you can't simply call your mom
if you dont breast feed for 8hours,your breast would become very hard and very painful and your breast milk would start changing colour and become sour and if it goes on like that for weeks your breast milk would become salty and body would absorb it back

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 31, 2015
kay29000:
Does sperm go bad in the scrotum? Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.

I need your help
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 31, 2015
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by MightySparrow: 3:13pm On May 31, 2015
I think the women you asked had by experience told you the answer. These may not have degrees but raw knowledge we must respect.

So many solutions proffered by these women a times stun othordox medical practitioners.
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Nuella222(f): 3:17pm On May 31, 2015
Better ask ur gyno, but as long as I know, and witnessed, it does...yes it does. Am a nursing mum and I've seen some women during our family planning course who complain of their babies not sucking again. One of them was my course mate. She said that her baby stoped sucking and he always throw up each time she force him to suck. Our midwife advised her to see a doctor which she did. She undergo two different test, pregnancy test and bosom milk test or whatever they call it. Doc confermed the milk sour and advised her to introduce formula. Her baby was 4months then though I can't just tell why and what could hav cursed it, why it does happen to some women who ar not even pregnant. Some babies can tell when the milk goes sour by refusing to suck and vomiting.
I don't think prolonged feeding gape can change the taste of the milk it can only reduse the quantity just like during weaning.
But ask for sour sour bossom(ara gbakara agbaka), it does happen. grin ; grin

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Originalsly: 3:17pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

hmmn...smh
Not being rude...but did you read the topic?....and the information provided? Do you know what is a myth? After all the info provided here you are spitting out this same ignorance in the forum and I'm sure preaching the same to the uninformed and gullible around you. Is it pride or ego that is making you sbut tight the windows of your mind from allowing knowledge to enter? Abeg....OP trying to end this kind ignorance...don't sabotage him. Jeez....breastmilk goes bad inside the body because yada yada yada...same as eggs.....your hen ever lay bad egg? Where I live...it's 2015.

6 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Chibokgame: 3:18pm On May 31, 2015
Where is the pictorial presentation of the breast.
I really need to understand.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ultra-modern Mother & Child Hospital In Rivers: Wike’s Administration Legacy / Leaving The House Without A Handkerchief / Update On My Sister's Leg Injury 2 Years Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.