Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) (79924 Views)

Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer / TB Joshua’s Prophecy On US Election Comes True…[only In Online Polls]… / If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by kimond101: 6:31am On Jun 01, 2015
samplegirl:

Please which God did Muhammad submit himself to?

He submitted to the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Jesus. They all were not polytheist. The all worshipped the One creator who deserve to be worshipped.
God is one. The absolute and eternal. God is not man. He begets not neither was he begotten cause that is what his creations does. He is able to do all things. And there's nothing comparable to him.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by kheart(m): 6:40am On Jun 01, 2015
oyejideogunjumo:

Well since u decided to know further I will talk. The first person was ignored because he was rash. Did u read my passages?
In the OT there were two nations.The Jews and Gentiles with diferent Covenants.
The Jews who were descendants of Abraham and died were kept for Jesus' coming because they expected Him till they died.
Remember this song.In heaven He won the battle.on earth He won the battle in the grave He won the battle praise Jesus the man of war.
In the grave He went to liberate them.Read the Psalm 24.
Remember the story of the dead rich man , Abraham and Lazarus and the gully in between them? Bt the preaching in the grave of Jesus was limited to dead Israelites alone due to Abrahamic covenant.They rose with Jesus Matt 27 51-52.
The dead gentiles before Jesus shall be judge by their conscience. Conscience in them represent the presence of Spirit of God if they obey it to judge between good and bad.But since Jesus has come now both Jew and gentile depend on Him for salvation.

Limited to dead isrealites only? So u re saying other people dat beliv in prophets dat came b4 jesus ll not make heaven because dey aint isrelites?
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 01, 2015
kolawaxxy:

forgive him for what exactly? no wonder some people believe that believers are dull

op, as for the question, I believe they would be judged according to their morals; although morality is relative.

There are hundreds of tribes that are yet to experience civilization let alone hear about Christ. do you think they all would go to hell? of course not
Acts 17:30 says God overlooks the time of ignorance. The age of ignorance is long gone. Your blood will be on your head if you ignore the One Whom God has sent!
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Amynature(f): 7:26am On Jun 01, 2015
If we don't bliv bible, what do u want us to bliv? U or ur gods? I need answer frm u
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Amynature(f): 7:32am On Jun 01, 2015
freecocoa:
duh! Those people that kill people just to take their wives? Abi the ones that married women from all over the world with different gods? Seriously how do people still believe the bible?
pls can i ask u? If we don't bliv in bible, what or who do u want us to bible?
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Abdulhakeem7(m): 7:36am On Jun 01, 2015
How could God d All-powerful and Almighty put His only acclaimed begotten son to die such a horrible death for d salvation of people. The conclusion in d bible is dat God is cruel to hav done such a thing. Couldn't Him just forgive His creatures without taking d life of His only son?dis statement must b false cos Jesus ( peace b upon him) was a gentle and a revered servant and prophet of God and such couldn't hav been allowed to die like dat. However, we all need to believe and submit to God to be saved. Period!

1 Like

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Maximus85(m): 7:43am On Jun 01, 2015
dexmundo:
there are atleast 3 places hell fire is mentioned in the bible. The bible also mentions lake of fire in revelation. I wont give any reference cos am sure u re a jehovah witness. Your NIV translation was edited to favour what u preach and its only used by u ppl. You replaced God with Jehovah, Omitted a verse containing hell fire, and replaced hell fire wt other terms in matthew, mark and luke. I have already explained the people who will be in the millinial as promised in book of isiah and revelation are believers. The bible tells us that christ will return again to the earth together with saints. The book of Jude says the lord cometh wt ten thousands of his saints. Paul says in 1 cor 6 that Christians will judge the world. So they will return from heaven with Christ. He will build the kingdom first and fulfil Isaiah 65. The nations of the world will rebel against the earthly kingdom of God after the 1000yrs. So the millial(1000yrs) reign of peace on earth for believers precedes the armagedon war, and precedes the Great and final white thrown judgement recorded in revelation

I am so glad that you know the Bible this much.

In revelation where Lake of fire is mentioned what is said to be the meaning of that Lake of fire? Revelation 20:14. 21:8

Concerning the change of God to Jehovah. It's those other translators that removed Jehovah and replaced with God and Lord. These are not names but Titles. And these translators gave their reasons for not using the name Jehovah.

If you've ever had the grace of seeing the real Bible manuscript in Greek and Hebrew, you will note that Yhwh (Jehovah) was mentioned in more than 7000times. Have you ever wondered why the name of the Bible's author was removed?

As to where hell fire is mentioned in the Bible, you simply can point to anywhere it is mentioned. What the Bible say is Lake of fire that means the second death. Do you know what the second death is? What it means will nullify all your previous explanations.

And that some people will return to earth with Christ, first, flesh and blood doesn't enter the heavens. And once they lose the flesh, and Go to heaven, they can never have it back. Even Jesus himself submitted his perfect body to God immediately he go back to heaven.
The Bible said Jesus will come "in the cloud" this is pure English. In the cloud, does it means a physical presence. Plus the book of Jude never mentioned Jesus coming with anybody.

One thing you must note is that there is a curse on anybody that adds or remove from the Bible. So I don't know if any sane person will do what you have accused Jehovah's witnesses of doing. We have been before all these churches came into existence since the 1880's and we stick to the same believe.

How can God says "I am the Lord and that is my name"? Can Lord ever be a name? We refer to Jesus as Lord, Sarah call Abraham Lord, in court the judge is called Lord. So The almighty is sharing his name with ordinary human? What the Hebrew scripture says is" I am Jehovah and that is my name till time indefinite"
So who has changed what?

So many things you need to know. You're a Jehovah's Witness yourself.

1 Like

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by ylordy(m): 7:50am On Jun 01, 2015
Iamsynord:
The Bible says No one can reach the Father except through the Father and that unless A Man accepts Christ as his personal Christ and Saviour ,such a person shall not make heaven of have access to Eternal life ( John 3:16) .

My question is,What happened to the Likes of Abraham,David ,Solomon and all these before Christ was born?? What was the Criteria for their own salvation since Christ was not born at the time??
Were they saved By the Good works day did ?? If so,why Do we need Christ in d First place when The People that were born before Christ still made it to Heaven.??

A confused fellow here..Answers are needed pls ??
those ones were given a promisely note that they will be saved when the messiah come and they knw, abraham in exodus 32:32 told God to blot is name from his book if he will not forgive the israelites they where all in the higher part of hell called the abrahamic bossom.when jesus died at the cross,then jesus descended to hell eph4:9-10. He got bornagain in hell and he also disgraced satan and took the key of death and hades from him,and he took all that was held captive there with him to heaven. Hope you got it.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by ylordy(m): 7:53am On Jun 01, 2015
SuperSuave:
they were talking to God then without Jesus the medium who died for us.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by sheffyUTD(m): 8:36am On Jun 01, 2015
Pipsland78:

Okay...yes before our Lord Jesus came to die for our sins there was no such thing as Christianity. The likes of David, Moses, Abraham, and the prophets of old had a relationship with God but there was so much paganism also going on leading so many to hell. God chose to send His Son Jesus to die for our sins and that was when Christianity started. Christianity was coined from Christ (Jesus Christ).

Prophets of old went to the temple to pray to God but they were never known as Christians because they were not Christians.

What is this, copying from bible and you think I don't know this? You obviously need to know about Jesus and what he lived for!
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by kennyten10(m): 8:47am On Jun 01, 2015
kimond101:
The reality is what people fail to comprehend is that the one who strive to attain paradise is one who submits to the will of God and do righteous good deeds and avoid ascribing partners in worship with God.
Abraham submitted to the will of God
Joseph submitted to the will of God
David submitted to the will of God
Moses submitted to the will of God
Jesus submitted to the will of God
Muhammad submitted to the will of God
Everyone one of them was sent at a particular time. And whoever follow their way at that time shall not perish but have eternal life if God wills.
None of them ever said you should worship them neither did they call themselves God.
To submit to the will of God alone without ascribing partners with him is only defined by one religion and that is Islam.
if u havent read Qur'an to detail, pls ask someone superior to confirm that i said there is a place inside the Quran that stated that Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by kimond101: 8:57am On Jun 01, 2015
kennyten10:
if u havent read Qur'an to detail, pls ask someone superior to confirm that i said there is a place inside the Quran that stated that Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven.

Please give me the verse
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 01, 2015
Cuz jesus used his blood to pay de debt we can not afford to pay.
B.c people use blood of animal to seek forgiveness from God and many people did not have money to buy it but Jesus came and took it away with his blood. Dat is why he said dat "whose ever believe in me will never be perish but have everlasting life".
Secondly during dat time, people follow de law of moses. Dat is why bible is divided into two (old and new testament).
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by liquidmetall: 10:44am On Jun 01, 2015
D
Banjoramos:

Satan was never an angel but he was raise to worship God along with angels

the only character recognised in heaven
1. God
2. Jesus[son]
3. Holyspirit
4. 24elders
5. 4 living creatures
6. Archangels
7. Cherubims
8. Seraphims
9. Angels and saints
so where does satan fit in
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by mYphhiRes: 10:50am On Jun 01, 2015
Iamsynord:
The Bible says No one can reach the Father except through the Father and that unless A Man accepts Christ as his personal Christ and Saviour ,such a person shall not make heaven of have access to Eternal life ( John 3:16) .

My question is,What happened to the Likes of Abraham,David ,Solomon and all these before Christ was born?? What was the Criteria for their own salvation since Christ was not born at the time??
Were they saved By the Good works day did ?? If so,why Do we need Christ in d First place when The People that were born before Christ still made it to Heaven.??

Romans 3:24,25::
24 and it is as a free gift that they are being declared righteous by his undeserved kindness through the release by the ransom paid by Christ Jesus.
25 God presented him as an offering for propitiation through faith in his blood. This was to demonstrate his own righteousness, because God in his forbearancewas forgiving the sins that occurred in the past.

I believe the answer should be clear from that scripture. When God gave the first prophecy regarding the Christmas at genesis 3:15, it became in his eyes as good as accomplished based on the fact that God knows that all he prophesies must get fulfilled. So he was forgiving those past sins (Abraham, Noah , etc) still on the basis of the ransom as if it had already been paid
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by tayotemowo(m): 11:08am On Jun 01, 2015
First I think you should all see this videos rom this link "https://www.facebook.com/seunige1590/posts/939538212762887" and then to answer first the man that say hel never worship God but will stay with lucifer to war against God because he created a way or did he say worst torture chamber well first get that he didn't create it for you and I but the instruments he created long before you ie the Angels that rebelled against him if you go to hell my brother your loss because even satan doesn't want to go there. What more if you invent something that's you as human say a pen and the pen does not write anymore or it never even did what you purposes it for will you then continue to keep it just because you created it? Ask yourself that question and sincerely answer yourself.
Abdulhakeem7:
How could God d All-powerful and Almighty put His only acclaimed begotten son to die such a horrible death for d salvation of people. The conclusion in d bible is dat God is cruel to hav done such a thing. Couldn't Him just forgive His creatures without taking d life of His only son?dis statement must b false cos Jesus ( peace b upon him) was a gentle and a revered servant and prophet of God and such couldn't hav been allowed to die like dat. However, we all need to believe and submit to God to be saved. Period!
well that is what you should try and understand also my brother for sin to be remitted blood has to be given before now the blood of goats, doves and sheep were used in exchange for that of man but it was obvious that those blood could not cover our sins so one greater had to be given and that is why His has been called the final sacrifice because none needs be given again after that. Truth be said it must have been painful to see ones child die in such a way even for God because the Bible tells us that God had to look away while the sin of the world was upon His son because he could not behold sin that is the reason the Bible records that Jesus said in Mark 15: 34 " my God, my God, why have you forsaken me" in fact this is the reason Jesus wanted the cup to pass over Him and then he submitted to the will of the father because there has to be such other wise the whole of humanity would have been lost without a chance of redemption. And as to the main question of what happens to those that died before he came what do you think Jesus went to hell to do but to release them that were in God before they died. Why do you think the bible records again that an angel had to go and fight for the body of Moses after all God used him for. May God give us all understanding in His word and His ways.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by skydeexie(m): 11:12am On Jun 01, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[b][size=13pt]the story of christ is filled with ancient lies and so are the stories of all other prophets and gods,be he christ, mohammed, budda, shango etc.i dont know how a people of this modern age can still belive this fairy tale stories just becus it was brought to us by the whites.....every religion claims to be the truth and god says he loves us and we must love him back and if we dont, he will put us in hell, i always wonder which kind of love that is and i know only a blood thirsty villan would act like that.

Of all the gods in the world, that of the bible is the most stupid, mad and deranged and i sincerly will never accept him, if salvation is only gotten through him,i choose to go to hell rather than be a slave to such a wicked beast

A beast that would send a bear to eat 52 children for laughing at a bald elijah.
A beast that would drown a whole world that he claim to love and made in his image
A beast that would sanction the massacre rape and murder of women and children by moses.
A beast who build the most horrifying torture chamber to torture those he claim to love because they couldnt belive in him.
A beast that tolorated slavery.
A beast that watched jephtah sacrify his daughter to him as his promise if he wins a war.
A beast that watched the sacrifing of his only begotten son so that he could forgive man by grace.
A beast that watch over all the suffering of the world and does nothing to ameliorate it

I refuse to worship you, you ethernal beast and vile creator, no wonder other angel supported satan in his bid to overthrow you despotic ass........i have chosen my side if the armagadon is ever true....i will ride with lucifer on that day against you army and this time i know we will succeed and put you in the bottomless pit that you created for your beloved ones[/b]s.[/size][/b]

Well, well, well, may the Lord have mercy on your soul because of His long-suffering and patience. Having prayed thus, however, the choice is still yours to make concerning life after this life... you are just a step (death) away from eternity and REAL life starts after that.

Since you know the Bible this much but have deliberately chosen to side with God's and mankind eternal enemy no.1 (satan), there isn't much God can do for you.

Remember Judas Iscariot? He was one of the 12 chosen disciples yet he chose the way of perdition. Remember the children of Israel? They all crossed the Red sea on dry ground but not all of them made it to the promised land. Remember Lot's wife? Her physical body came out of Sodom saved but her heart was still there... I can go on and on and on....

For siding with falsehood, error and darkness, you have placed your eternal soul in a terrible jeopardy, the tragedy of it all is incalculably disastrous to say the least.

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live," ( Deuteronomy 30:19 (21st Century King James Version)

“Come now, and let us reason together,” saith the Lord. “Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." (Isaiah 1:18 KJV21)
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by mYphhiRes: 11:15am On Jun 01, 2015
dexmundo:
there are atleast 3 places hell fire is mentioned in the bible. The bible also mentions lake of fire in revelation. I wont give any reference cos am sure u re a jehovah witness. Your NIV translation was edited to favour what u preach and its only used by u ppl. You replaced God with Jehovah, Omitted a verse containing hell fire, and replaced hell fire wt other terms in matthew, mark and luke. I have already explained the people who will be in the millinial as promised in book of isiah and revelation are believers. The bible tells us that christ will return again to the earth together with saints. The book of Jude says the lord cometh wt ten thousands of his saints. Paul says in 1 cor 6 that Christians will judge the world. So they will return from heaven with Christ. He will build the kingdom first and fulfil Isaiah 65. The nations of the world will rebel against the earthly kingdom of God after the 1000yrs. So the millial(1000yrs) reign of peace on earth for believers precedes the armagedon war, and precedes the Great and final white thrown judgement recorded in revelation

Please take note of the highlighted portion in the attached picture . They omitted the divine name (rendered in English as Jehovah) because they 'feel' it is too sacred to be used. Meanwhile the Bible itself says at Romans 10:13: "
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord (YHWH or JEHOVAH) shall be saved."

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Banjoramos(m): 11:25am On Jun 01, 2015
liquidmetall:
D

the only character recognised in heaven
1. God
2. Jesus[son]
3. Holyspirit
4. 24elders
5. 4 living creatures
6. Archangels
7. Cherubims
8. Seraphims
9. Angels and saints
so where does satan fit in

Bring your proof to support your claim if you are truthful
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by liquidmetall: 11:32am On Jun 01, 2015
Banjoramos:

Bring your proof to support your claim if you are truthful

just get a bible and read revelations,ezekiel,genesis,colosians..its all there man
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by j1mmy: 11:41am On Jun 01, 2015
Iamsynord:

Only a backward, primitive, bainwashed and monkey brain person still believes this filth that Whites and Arabs used to enslave black people.

most Finland people (for example) don't believe this nonsense yet are more prosperous than you people.

Only greedy people think there is a spiritual heaven waiting for 1 trillion people who were born on earth because they believed, so they can continue their enjoyment in paradise!

Seriously, is there anyone out there believing this santa clause bullcrap I want to know the mental intelligence of such primate!!!

1 Like

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by ravgach: 12:54pm On Jun 01, 2015
Iamsynord:

The generations before Christ were judged according to their consciences (faith). "When outsiders who have never heard of God’s law follow it more or less by instinct, they confirm its truth by their obedience. They show that God’s law is not something alien, imposed on us from without, but woven into the very fabric of our creation. There is something deep within them that echoes God’s yes and no, right and wrong. Their response to God’s yes and no will become public knowledge on the day God makes his final decision about every man and woman. The Message from God that I proclaim through Jesus Christ takes into account all these differences." Romans 2:14-16

Those who believed, who lived by faith, and lived in obedience to God according to their limited knowledge depending on the times in which they lived, were finally redeemed by Christ and where taken to heaven at his resurrection. "Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives." Hebrews 2:14-15.
"The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep (dead) were raised; and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many.… Matthew 27:52-53.

Those who lived in disobedience at this time, were given a final chance at the death (sacrifice for salvation) of Christ. Those of them that embraced the Saviour were saved and joined those that resurrected. "He went and proclaimed God’s salvation to earlier generations who ended up in the prison of judgment because they wouldn’t listen." 1 Peter 3:19. Some still refused just the same way some people on this thread has sworn to reject Christ even if He was the only way to salvation. There are people like that! They have decided their own fate. God gives opportunity for salvation for people in all dispensations.

At the rapture (when those that believe in Christ will be called up to go to heaven without being dead at the appearing of Christ and the trumpet sound), those who are left behind (sinners) will still be given the last chance to be saved! "And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people; and he said with a loud voice, "Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters."…Revelation 14:6-7

So when The Bible says "No one comes to the Father except through Jesus" and that "Whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have Eternal life" ( John 3:16), it is true. You had better believed it and be saved today!
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by gbemiga1(m): 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[b][size=13pt]the story of christ is filled with ancient lies and so are the stories of all other prophets and gods,be he christ, mohammed, budda, shango etc.i dont know how a people of this modern age can still belive this fairy tale stories just becus it was brought to us by the whites.....every religion claims to be the truth and god says he loves us and we must love him back and if we dont, he will put us in hell, i always wonder which kind of love that is and i know only a blood thirsty villan would act like that.

Of all the gods in the world, that of the bible is the most stupid, mad and deranged and i sincerly will never accept him, if salvation is only gotten through him,i choose to go to hell rather than be a slave to such a wicked beast

A beast that would send a bear to eat 52 children for laughing at a bald elijah.
A beast that would drown a whole world that he claim to love and made in his image
A beast that would sanction the massacre rape and murder of women and children by moses.
A beast who build the most horrifying torture chamber to torture those he claim to love because they couldnt belive in him.
A beast that tolorated slavery.
A beast that watched jephtah sacrify his daughter to him as his promise if he wins a war.
A beast that watched the sacrifing of his only begotten son so that he could forgive man by grace.
A beast that watch over all the suffering of the world and does nothing to ameliorate it

I refuse to worship you, you ethernal beast and vile creator, no wonder other angel supported satan in his bid to overthrow you despotic ass........i have chosen my side if the armagadon is ever true....i will ride with lucifer on that day against you army and this time i know we will succeed and put you in the bottomless pit that you created for your beloved ones[/b]s.[/size][/b]
I pray the same God that appeared to Saul before he became Paul will appear to you also in JESUS name.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by obadehin: 12:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
The bible has told us those who died without law shall be judge without law, those who died during the time of law shall be judge by law and those who died without accepting Jesus as their Lord and saviour shall have themselves to blame at the judgement sit of Christ
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Ujupsy: 1:51pm On Jun 01, 2015
thinkingimpact:

Due to your comment above, you are but a wicked, murderous and egotistic person whose goal is seeing others- that contend against his perspectives- wallow in pain. Considering the context above, we are talking of billions of people with different faiths and beliefs. How are you different from the "devil" himself, if there is any?
You and your entire generation are chief of all devils just imagine this slowpoke the two statement above is from the Bible and never from any imaginary thought or belief the bible is the word of God and not my words if you have problem with the bible deal with it, lost soul
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2015
Maximus85:

In revelation where Lake of fire is mentioned what is said to be the meaning of that Lake of fire? Revelation 20:14. 21:8

Concerning the change of God to Jehovah. It's those other translators that removed Jehovah and replaced with God and Lord. These are not names but Titles. And these translators gave their reasons for not using the name Jehovah.

If you've ever had the grace of seeing the real Bible manuscript in Greek and Hebrew, you will note that Yhwh (Jehovah) was mentioned in more than 7000times. Have you ever wondered why the name of the Bible's author was removed?

As to where hell fire is mentioned in the Bible, you simply can point to anywhere it is mentioned. What the Bible say is Lake of fire that means the second death. Do you know what the second death is? What it means will nullify all your previous explanations.

And that some people will return to earth with Christ, first, flesh and blood doesn't enter the heavens. And once they lose the flesh, and Go to heaven, they can never have it back. Even Jesus himself submitted his perfect body to God immediately he go back to heaven.
The Bible said Jesus will come "in the cloud" this is pure English. In the cloud, does it means a physical presence. Plus the book of Jude never mentioned Jesus coming with anybody.

One thing you must note is that there is a curse on anybody that adds or remove from the Bible. So I don't know if any sane person will do what you have accused Jehovah's witnesses of doing. We have been before all these churches came into existence since the 1880's and we stick to the same believe.

How can God says "I am the Lord and that is my name"? Can Lord ever be a name? We refer to Jesus as Lord, Sarah call Abraham Lord, in court the judge is called Lord. So The almighty is sharing his name with ordinary human? What the Hebrew scripture says is" I am Jehovah and that is my name till time indefinite"
So who has changed what?

those who go to heaven do not remain flesh. They become supernatural beings- they are immortal. Jesus told the Jews at one point that they erred, that during resurrection men do not need marriage because they will be just like the angels in heaven. Now i will ask, are there records of angels appearing in form of men in bible? Of course many records! So saints who return being supernatural beings can do same. Another place in the bible, john says, for when he shall appear we shall be like him. So how was Christ when he resurrected? Was he flesh or spirit? Bible says he was on earth for 40 days before his going back to heaven. He put on fleshly look because he allowed doubting Thomas to touch his wounded body, he ate fishes wt people and discussed wt them, yet he could reappear and disappear like a spirit. We knw he never could reappear or disappear before he died and was buried if not he won't trek nearly 200 villages just to preach. That is exactly the capacity God gives us during our resurrection. We become spiritual beings capable of doing things the flesh or spirit can do just like Jesus did.

Now, concerning the name of God, i nvr wished to argue abt that. But u call ur earthly dad 'father' and Jesus called God 'father' many times. Does dat mean the glory of God is shared btw man and God? By ur logic, Jesus has erred in doing this and for even teaching his disciples to do same thru the lord's prayer he taught them?

Now, the bible in book of revelation says after white throne judgement, all sinners will be thrown into lake of fire. It calls that the second death. First death is your natural death when ur physical body dies either now or in the armagedon battle if u are alive and u re a sinner by then. Before the white thrown judgement, all mortals will resurrect from their graves to face God in physical judgement- this time they are immortal beings that's why bible said they will find death it won't come, they will want to drown, but no way. After this judgement, they will be thrown into lake of fire. First death is for mortals, second death is for immortals. immortal beings in torment, but still breathing forever is death

lastly Jude, said enoch prophecied saying, the lord cometh with ten thousands of his saint to execute judgement. Jehovah witness as a religion - You don't see Christ as God. However, you must knw that Christ mentioned when he was giving the signs of the end time either in Matt or Luke, that He will come in the GLORY OF THE FATHER to judge the world. So that should clear ur doubt
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by samplegirl(f): 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2015
kimond101:

He submitted to the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Jesus. They all were not polytheist. The all worshipped the One creator who deserve to be worshipped.
God is one. The absolute and eternal. God is not man. He begets not neither was he begotten cause that is what his creations does. He is able to do all things. And there's nothing comparable to him.

My BIBLE says 'thou shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.

If you read a book called,' 'WHO IS THIS ALLAH? by G. J. O. MOSHAY, I believe you will know better than you do now.

Thank you.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by kimond101: 3:21pm On Jun 01, 2015
samplegirl:

My BIBLE says 'thou shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.

If you read a book called,' 'WHO IS THIS ALLAH? by G. J. O. MOSHAY, I believe you will know better than you do now.

Thank you.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Allah is God in Arabic
Olodumare is God in Yoruba
Chineke is God in igbo

I don't need to read a book by someone in order to know who my creator is
He sent messengers with revelations.
Torah to Moses
Gospel to Jesus
Quran to Mohammed

These uncorrupted version of the above mentioned contain the truth on who Allah is.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by queebeediva(f): 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2015
Jesus christ preaches Love and Love is the ultimate that's why I choose christainity.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by ravgach: 4:21pm On Jun 01, 2015
Maximus85:

So who has changed what?

The meaning of Lake of fire in Revelation 20:14. 21:8, simply means what Jesus called it in Matthew 25:41 "...Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING FIRE, prepared for the devil and his angels." Lake of fire is called everlasting fire. It is the final place of the lost sinners, the devil and his angels. Hell fire is the temporal place of the lost (dead) sinners awaiting the final judgment.

There is no controversy about the name of God. No one should make issues out of it. God has many names. He told Moses that His name is I AM. He called Himself the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. God's name is Jehovah. His Name is Jesus. He is also Everlasting Father. He is Father. Please do not tell us that unless we call Him by the name you prefer we have not called His name. This is religious arrogance! Infact, people are free to call God by the name they like as long as it is hallowed. Jesus taught us to say HALLOWED IS YOUR NAME.

Please do not confuse us with religious jargons! Second death is going to hell (lake of fire) and lake of fire means second death simple.

When the Bible say that "Every eye shall see Him." Rev 1:7; Luke 21:27, what does that mean? Can you see a spirit? When the angels of God announced that "This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven", is there any ambiguity in it? Since Jesus resurrection in Matthew 27:52-53, people go to heaven on a daily basis. It is not surprising that there will be saints who will be returning with Him at His second coming. They will of course have angelic bodies, the type of body that Jesus had when he resurrected and was still visible and touchable by his disciples.

You must be writing to ignorant people if you say Jehovah's Witnesses have stuck to one teaching. Infact they change teachings so frequently. For instance the teaching of hell fire, whether Adam and Eve are in heaven or not, head covering, blood transfusion/eating blood, whether Jesus is angel Michael, etc. has changed many, many times over since the death of T. Russel. Sticking to a belief, is not a virtue, if the beliefs are erroneous!

I'm happy you know that those who wrest scriptures will incur God's wrath. Jehovah's Witnesses have done this over and over again.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 01, 2015
Abdulhakeem7:

one point is that God is almighty and cannot be changed or his standards cannot be changed by mortals. God told Adam, the day u eat this fruit, you will die. That death became pending on us due to Adam mistake. Ask urself why did God reject Cain's offering and accepted Abel. Bible did nt say Cain brought thin dry yam like we are made to believe. The difference is that Abel's sacrifice was a blood offering- animal's life so it became acceptable. But in the book of Hebrew, Paul proves to us that it is not possible for blood of bulls to take away sin. That was why Jesus came in. Remember John the Baptist described Jesus as the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world. Why was it compulsory for Jesus to die since God wields veto power to forgive? Its because he pronounced death for sin and won't change his standard. If he does that, it would be injustice he didn't forgive Satan with same veto power. God doesn't just forgive unrepentant sinners, u must come and say sir, i want ur forgiveness.

Bible says, the soul that sinneth, it shall die. So, what God did was out of love nt cruelty at all. To go back on his standard of justice to Satan, man or angels he won't do that. He simply brought in a game changer- JESUS. Jesus was not murdered by God. Jesus choose to die for us just the way Muslims die for Allah by suicide, its voluntary.
Note, Jesus had power to come back to life even if u murder his flesh 1000 times because his power is beyond the flesh. Jesus said, greater love than this hath no man, for a man to lay down his life for his friends- that's all he did. Christ said b4 his death, i have power to lay down my life and to take it up! So he rose again. Be happy for this, 'he rose again' made his life story good

its not cruelty like you see it!
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Moneyyy: 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos / Funeral Service For Reinhard Bonke In Florida Draws Thousands / Pastor James Ng'ang'a Arrested For Exposing A Woman's Breast During Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.