Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved (5995 Views)

Can I Refuse The Call Of God? / Why Do Atheists Attack Only Christians? / The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved by ihedinobi2: 8:11am On Jun 29, 2015
texanomaly:

*sigh* I'll be honest. I was going to ignore your reply. Sorry. I will address a few things, though somehow I think we've highjacked this thread.

1. I don't accept the concept of the Trinity. It makes no sense. I've had it explained to me in a million ways, (obvious exaggeration) many ways by quite a few people from different religions. It makes no sense to me. Anyway I don't subscribe to it.

I believe God and Jesus Christ are two separate beings. The Holy Ghost is a spirit being...and no I won't give you proofs. Both concepts are in the Bible, another one of those contradictions so...

I did not raise a discussion about the Trinity, tex. All I did was give you one example of how translations are no problem. You read it wrong.

All the same, it's interesting that you've pronounced the whole thing a contradiction in the face of your own definition of the Godhead. Like I often say, the contradiction might be in you. The Holy Ghost is a spirit being? Is God a physical one? What is the difference between God and Jesus Christ? As always, these questions can become a discussion between us or they can be questions you can study. I don't insist on a discussion myself.

texanomaly:
2. I'm still here reading aren't I?

How should I know that, tex? It's hard to tell that someone is a part of a discussion if they don't talk.

texanomaly:
3. hmmmm...I thought that's what we are doing.

We haven't been, tex. When people ask questions or discuss, at least the people involved talk, they don't just listen and make private judgments.

texanomaly:
4. Ahhh...I used the wrong word there. I meant sect not religion. I still don't believe those good people who are not Christians are automatically relegated to "Hell".

Precisely why I said that you reject the Bible as the authority for your beliefs. Or do you have some reason for thinking that that part of the Bible was translated wrong? And I don't know any translation even that does not have that part in it too.

texanomaly:
Ok now to "take it or leave it". That was my way backing off and hoping you'd take the hint that I wanted to sit back a read. Sorry about that. That's one of those female traits I've tried to crush. Many of us seem to think you men should read our minds. Crazy I know. Just because I don't like to debate doesn't mean I'm not listening.

Finally: I'll be clear this time. I DON't WANT TO DEBATE.

If you'd like to reply me here, that's great. I'll certainly read and contemplate anything you have to say. I just prefer to take a step back and observe from here. Thanks

I understand and despite my tone so far I respect it. Obviously I think that engagement is by far the wiser choice but I know that even this can produce something good so it is all good in the end.
Re: I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved by Ubenedictus(m): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2015
texanomaly:

Oops. I thought it was yours.
As for your guess...You know me way better than you should. wink

I feel a li'le better...

Even though I am sure you are sweet talking and flatering me.
Re: I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved by Ubenedictus(m): 10:36am On Jun 29, 2015
urheme:

You must be a catholic, they preach the doctrine of pugatory, there is no repentance after death

comeon Dear don't allow prejudice blind you.

What he was teaching about isn't purgatory, he was teaching about Shoel, Hades or what latins call limbo patrium.

That is not purgatory, shoel is believed by catholics, anglican, lutherians, orthodox and a wide range of evangalical, protestant and reformed churches.

Go back and read about it, study what happened to the dead in the old testament.
Re: I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved by Great0: 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
urheme:

You must be a catholic, they preach the doctrine of pugatory, there is no repentance after death
Not a catholic. Truly, no repentance in grave. Gospel of Christ is what will judge man.

1 Like

Re: I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved by Image123(m): 10:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
God knows the end from the beginning

Isaiah 46:10
Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.

Temporarily forget whatever frosbel has written or posted in the past, just examine the thread's topic and judge it on its own merits
Regardless of the contents of the original post which certainly went off tangent, the thread's heading or topic is not a lie

If according to scripture, it is Jesus who will be doing the judging,
then there is a good chance of likely surprises of non-"christians" saved and springing up in the Kingdom of Heaven
The God who knows all things has this to say,
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The not-wicked too, since the time of Adam, that have died, are not with God too.
The fact of the matter is, God wishes no soul perish, He wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
The key phrase in the last sentence above there is "...come to a knowledge of the truth" (i.e. it's very important to take note of it)

God has many wishes and wills that are not being fulfilled and that will not be fulfilled. God wishes that men pray everywhere, He wishes that we prosper and be in health, He wishes that we are all sanctified. These are not the case.

Are you sure it is hell satan is rendezvoused to spend eternity.
I'll leave the not correct "hell" satan's final destination for you to address or do the needful to.
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever

satan the devil was closer to God than many men, yet He will spend eternity in hell.

Psalm 115:16
The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to mankind.

Acts 7:49a
"Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool..."

What God REALLY wants is the RELATIONSHIP and/or fellowship
God can and/or will always visit as He usually did in the beginning with Adam, in Eden
Visiting, that's how God in the beginning spent time with man

In short, what God is REALLY after, like it was in the beginning, is that lost RELATIONSHIP and/or fellowship with man.
This restoration is good news, as the RELATIONSHIP is now stronger and deeper.
Stronger and deeper in the sense that, the Lord God not only is endearing but has become and is now, God the Father

Relationship is restored at redemption. Eden is not the ultimate, eternity with God is. God will dwell with His people forever.

With Romans 2:11-16 in mind, Jesus and frosbel in different perspectives, are both saying the truth
Jesus is the way through which to have salvation, however the exceptional circumstance cases who didn't know Jesus would be saved too
The latter is what frosbel tried with the heading to bring attention to
but he is getting judged on his past posts and the overzealous in the original post, therefore receiving all these very unpleasant earfuls over the topic
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink
Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Jesus and frosbel in different perspectives are in different perspectives, that's all. Frosb has no truth to say or offer. Frosb is very particular about the present, while you (at best) with that text, seem to be making a case for the past. That is, past humans B.C.
Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

God has reckoned/counted all men as having already received the grace that brings salvation. Like He saw all men in Adam, even thus, He has seen many unborn generations and born generations in their ascendants and progenitors. Sorry for you if your race or tribe or country's progenitor didn't make use of the grace. While others made use of time and education and civilization, some did not. Their descendants suffer today till tomorrow for these things. Much more so it will be with God's grace scorned by many. Their main hope remains the prayers and intensity of christians in reaching out and God's mercy. Judgement is coming and sinners and all unbelievers will have no place to hide, not even under the blood of Jesus.
Re: I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved by Anas09: 11:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
God, I love Christianity. See for how long this discussion has gone on, there has been no hint of aggression or insult. Yes we disagree. But we allow room for others opinions. But if Muslims come in here now, the whole place will be tensed. Aggression and slinging of mud.
@IHEDINOBI. Thank you for the great inside to this matter. Am noticing you for the first time. I love sound Bible students, you are an Apostle.
Re: I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved by aletheia(m): 1:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
3 - 4 years ago, I told you your trajectory was obvious...the declension was long obvious. You are not the first to turn his back on the true gospel.

1 Like

Re: I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved by Kobojunkie: 2:56am On May 23, 2023
I believe that all God fearing and honourable people irrespective of religious orientation will be saved into the new kingdom. The idiocy that only a select group of people are dear to God is akin to supremacist ideology and is counter-productive to the peaceful and loving coexistence between all men. Christians have totally missed the point and keep condemning and judging other men to a so called hell when the truth is that God is not a Christian and knows of no such religion. God only knows and honours those who practice goodness , equity , fairness and love. Those deluded ones who keep living like the devil and claim the blood of Jesus as a legal loophole will be in for a shocker. I will rather be friends with a Muslim who loves his fellow man than a Christian who slanders, insults and humiliates others Remember ; God sees the heart and not the 'mouth' !
This here is actually the height of all idiocy. You are told

■ the Kingdom of God is God's Nation of Priests which He makes of His Isreal - Exodus 19 vs 6
■ Jesus Christ, the King of the Kingdom in question, made clear that He was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel
■ Jesus also explained that except a man be born-again — born of water and born of Spirit — he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God

So, for crying out loud, why would you get it into your head that you can circumvent the very Law set down by the one whose Kingdom it is in any of this? undecided
Re: I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:40am On May 23, 2023
I believe that all God fearing and honourable people irrespective of religious orientation will be saved into the new kingdom. The idiocy that only a select group of people are dear to God is akin to supremacist ideology and is counter-productive to the peaceful and loving coexistence between all men. Christians have totally missed the point and keep condemning and judging other men to a so called hell when the truth is that God is not a Christian and knows of no such religion. God only knows and honours those who practice goodness , equity , fairness and love.
Those deluded ones who keep living like the devil and claim the blood of Jesus as a legal loophole will be in for a shocker. I will rather be friends with a Muslim who loves his fellow man than a Christian who slanders, insults and humiliates others Remember ; God sees the heart and not the 'mouth' !

Before Jesus of Nazareth walked this planet all nice people are noticed by God's angels who are serving as God's eyes throughout the earth but after John the baptist things changed so to be part of those that will be remembered for resurrection anyone who has had a one on one contact with either John the baptist, Jesus or Jesus' disciples must choose either to have his or her name written in God's memory book or perish with the world.

So from that time onwards anyone who heard or has noticed Jesus' disciples but feel indifferent towards their activities has been condemned!
Re: I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On May 23, 2023
jamex93:
■ God sees the heart not the mouth confession is determined from the heart and made by the mouth
no one shall see God except u confess Jesus as the lord of your life if u like take charity as your hubby, without Christ u won't see Gos
undecided
Re: I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved by Kobojunkie: 1:24am On May 27, 2023
Ifeann:
■ Neither is the decision up to you nor does what u think or believe matter. I would imagine that Good people who never heard of Christ and left this world would Not be condemned to eternal damnation. But if u hear of Christ, read his message and are exposed to his gospel then u put yourself in a tight spot when u reject him. Most especially Muslims that reject the gospel for mohammed's fallacies. This is my opinion btw, and it doesn't matter on this subject. Ultimately, Its the creators decision.
Your imagination holds no water where God's Truth and standard are concerned though. undecided

Also, eternal damnation as defined by Jesus Christ only presents itself as an option to those who are born-again — not those who are outside of the Kingdom of God. So, maybe you should pick up the book and read it for yourself so you at least understand what applies first. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. / What Is Buddhism And How Can It Help Your Life? / The Beast (666) Is Here Already!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.