Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide (34317 Views)

Presidency Recalls Lekan Adetayo, Expelled PUNCH Reporter To Aso Rock / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled / Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock —aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by ishowdotgmail(m): 5:41am On Jun 01, 2015
The head of President Muhammadu Buhari’s media team, Garba Shehu, on Sunday said Buhari had yet to move to the Presidential Villa, Abuja because his official residence was not ready for habitation.

Shehu, in an exclusive interview with our correspondent said workers were currently cleaning and refurbishing the President’s official residence.

He said Buhari would not move in until that exercise was completed.

Shehu said, “As far as the President is concerned, the place (his official residence) is not ready yet.

“Workers are cleaning and refurbishing the place.

“Once the exercise is completed, the President will move in.”

When asked to be specific on how soon Buhari would move in, Shehu said he believed it would not take time.

Meanwhile, personnel of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, especially security operatives are currently at a crossroads on the direction their work will take this week.

The PUNCH’s investigation on Sunday revealed that their dilemma was based on the failure of President Buhari to relocate to the State House and his failure to appoint key aides, three days after his inauguration.

A Presidency official who spoke with our correspondent on the condition of anonymity said they were not yet sure of the President’s schedule and itinerary for the week.

This, he said, was because Buhari had yet to appoint a Chief of Staff whose responsibility it is to arrange the President’s day-to-day activities.

He said, “As we are talking now, we do not know his (the President’s) activities for tomorrow (today). We cannot plan for his activities. We do not know which groups he will be meeting or how many people he will be meeting.

“It is when we have an idea of those who he will be meeting that we can schedule them regarding allocation of time and venue.

“These would have been easier for us if a Chief of Staff is in place.”

A security source also said the situation was affecting the security department.

He said because they were not carried along, the inauguration gala night held inside the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa on Friday nearly flopped as people kept trooping in.

He however expressed the hope that by the time Buhari’s Chief Security Officer meets with them on Monday (today), there would be a clear direction on their activities.

“For now, we are waiting for the two big men (President and Vice President) to move into the Villa so that we can do our jobs. For now, we are only securing the seat of power without the men of power,” he declared.

http://www.punchng.com/news/why-buhari-has-not-moved-to-aso-rock-aide/

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by babyfaceafrica: 5:44am On Jun 01, 2015
Source?!!!!!!!
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by kayboy4y(m): 5:50am On Jun 01, 2015
Plenty of work to be done.
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by kayboy4y(m): 5:51am On Jun 01, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Source?!!!!!!!

If u really read it, u won't ask for source.

28 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by shikshark: 5:52am On Jun 01, 2015
hope they are not using the opportunity to put explosives
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by PassingShot(m): 5:55am On Jun 01, 2015
Keep calm, Nigeria is restarting.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by MrScript(m): 5:56am On Jun 01, 2015
shikshark:
hope they are not using the opportunity to put explosives

First class mumu... Olo'do

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by owobokiri(m): 6:02am On Jun 01, 2015
I wish Jonathan is reading. He jumped into that trap of a house almost immediately he was sworn in. You don't do that. That place is like a shrine, it needs cleansing before a new figure enters. Total debugging, lots spy gadgets and poisonous rubish. Abacha stayed away almost a year and only entered after a total physical and electronic overhaual of that complex. I am also against foreign firms biulding our presidential mansions and military barracks as julius berger does here. That is a huge security risk. German companies immediately furnished the western coalition with contruction dezigns made for saddam before the gulf war. We have first grade engineers in this country, biulding a stunning and security conscious presidential villa/military complexes is not rocket science.

122 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by babyfaceafrica: 6:02am On Jun 01, 2015
kayboy4y:

If u really read it, u won't ask for source.
I need a link to verify this story...there are lots of fake news flying around this days..I don't fall for fake news...that's me though!!!

7 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:19am On Jun 01, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
I need a link to verify this story...there are lots of fake news flying around this days..I don't fall for fake news...that's me though!!!

From Punch News
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by basty: 6:19am On Jun 01, 2015
What is the work of SCOP (State Chief of Protocol) Mallam Kazaure appointed by Buhari?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by bewla(m): 6:22am On Jun 01, 2015
um one thing i no God go win

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by Beremx(f): 6:24am On Jun 01, 2015
owobokiri:
I wish Jonathan is reading. He jumped into that trap of a house almost immediately he was sworn in. You don't do that. That place is like a shrine, it needs cleansing before a new figure enters. Total debugging, lots spy gadgets and poisonous rubish.
stop giving excuse for Jonathan's failure. He failed woefully and you must admit that

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by babyfaceafrica: 6:25am On Jun 01, 2015
ishowdotgmail:

From Punch News
anyone can write that!!
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by owobokiri(m): 6:35am On Jun 01, 2015
Beremx:
stop giving excuse for Jonathan's failure. He failed woefully and you must admit that

Bere nwa, kedu ije? Ina akpò kwa ndi úlò n'igwe? Kedu ka ha mere? Ányì ga echi gí "ada Biafra" na nso nso a. Ma ì chòrò ya, ma ì chòghì ya. .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by kokoA(m): 6:42am On Jun 01, 2015
kayboy4y:
Plenty of work to be done.
Physically and spiritually.

7 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:47am On Jun 01, 2015
Maybe he wan clean aso rock with holy spirit bfor he pack go there.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by fatdon2(m): 6:55am On Jun 01, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Oye take Mr source: www.punchng.com/news/why-buhari-has-not-moved-to-aso-rock-aide/
www.nigerianreviews.com/aide-why-president-buhari-has-not-moved-to-aso-rock/
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by babyfaceafrica: 6:59am On Jun 01, 2015
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by Beremx(f): 7:00am On Jun 01, 2015
owobokiri:

Bere nwa, kedu ije? Ina akpò kwa ndi úlò n'igwe? Kedu ka ha mere? Ányì ga echi gí "ada Biafra" na nso nso a. Ma ì chòrò ya, ma ì chòghì ya. .
Ada Biafra indeed! grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by godofwar666(m): 7:35am On Jun 01, 2015
undecidedy
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by Gepheral: 7:35am On Jun 01, 2015
Noted
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by saaedlee: 7:37am On Jun 01, 2015
Its terrible tht most of uswould be transferred back to our state of origin!
Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by folabayo1(f): 7:38am On Jun 01, 2015
Aso rock needs to be clean spiritually and physically grin
So baba do the needful.

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by ikechukwu354(m): 7:48am On Jun 01, 2015
anyway hope he uses this time to catch up with his agenda, make good plans and of course very important start executing them. in this era of govt I would not in anyway appreciate excuses from the incoming govt, this goes to ever political leader from federal to local govt respectively. buhari should remember the pressure on him and keep up with the task.

-ikechukwu c. ogbonna

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by malbro(m): 7:51am On Jun 01, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Maybe he wan clean aso rock with holy spirit bfor he pack go there.
if ur a christain and ur sayin.....u beta watch.....it....dont play wit d Holy spirit name

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by malbro(m): 7:52am On Jun 01, 2015
NOW DATZ WAT I CALL CLUELESSSSSS.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 01, 2015
Take your time!
Aso rock needs to be thoroughly checked and surveyed before PMB moves in.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by natureblack(m): 8:05am On Jun 01, 2015
Expectedly,he should develop compelling and convincing vision as well as create meaningful and inspiring change.His party much touted 'change' should be what Nigerians can see,feel,understand and embrace.I will be eager to subject his first 100 days to scrutiny.

He will be held accountable for his numerous promises.His perceived moral rectitude,anti-corruption crusade over the years shouldn't be a burden,as Nigerians wait to see how well he maintains his stance on corruption,ostentatious lifestyle associated with public officers and indiscipline.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by ichidodo: 8:06am On Jun 01, 2015
The facility is bugged no matter how stringent SSS sweeps the building electronically....

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Not Moved To Aso Rock-aide by countsparrow: 8:06am On Jun 01, 2015
Why... Why... Why...

Hian!!! Una no dey tire? Very soon u will run out of excuses...

Pro Pmb by d way grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RIVERS ELECTION: TRIBUNAL DISGRACED DAWARI, ODILI …Declares PDP winner / Kano Rerun: Ganduje Embarks On Emergency Road Projects / 10 Throwback Photos Of Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.