Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Poem: When Did Our World Turn From Butter To Sour Grapes??? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poem: When Did Our World Turn From Butter To Sour Grapes??? (506 Views)

POEM: When I Grow Old. / Poem: When I Closed My Eyes / In Our World Of Beautiful Crude!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poem: When Did Our World Turn From Butter To Sour Grapes??? by lordthunderbolt(m): 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
I tried to wriggle free from mediocrity
The laziness of alacrity
The routine retinue of celebrity
The sweet aloof of celibacy
The world continued continuity
Nations have fought spontaneity
In those struggles for ''liberty''

Nations have rejected paternity
Children in shortage of responsibility
Men now tilt to inanimate objectivity!
Values are now regarded as specularity
What happened to our world's humanity?
Who damaged our morality?
What happened to soberness and humility?
Everywhere stinks of hostility
Hatred is viewed with cerebral objectivity
Strife is celebrated in ethnicity
Change our world of iron profanity
Let's milk it down to the podium of pity
Make it meek...This is our only city

Our only home...Our only city

(1) (Reply)

Commonwealth Writers: Calls For Writers In Commonwealth Regions / Empty Heart / A Poem Without A Title- A Poem By Omipidan Teslim. Feel Sorry As You Read Along.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.