Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! (13788 Views)

Bleeding “Jesus Christ” Spotted In Lagos (photo) / Obinna Onuoha Builds Statue Of Jesus, "Biggest" In Africa / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by drcalux(m): 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2006
people are so ignorant that they dont even know what the bible says about images, any way they are trying to make the statue look special
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by elampiro(m): 7:02pm On Sep 18, 2006
dr_calux:

ITS A BIG LIE BRODA, I AM IN WARRI AND THE STAIN THEY THOUGHT WAS A BLOOD IS SOMETHING ELSE THAT LOOK LIKE A RED PAINT SOMEBODY SPRINKLED ON IT TO DISCIEVE THE FOOLS AND LET UNBELIEVERS RETURN TO CHRIST
THEY ARE ONLY DISCIEVING THEMSELF
CALUX247 FROM WARRI

CALUX247, You are the one telling lies. Didn't you see it on newsline last night? What you describe here does in anyway reflect what was on screen last night. A Muslim friend of mine who resides in warri, went to that church just to see if he could prove it (bleeding statue story) wrong, he called me afterwards and told me with what it saw it was real and beyond ordinary.

Those of you claiming that the statue is an idol or something and should not be there in the first place, and you are quoting bible to back up your argument should go and read about setting of the altar/temple in the bible even after the commandments had been given. What do you know about sacred objects that should make up a temple? You think a temple should be blank to resemble a theater? It was never like that in the bible nor in early Christianity as practiced and passed on by the apostles.

If I may ask, who wrote the bible? who compiled it? who decided on the arrangement of chapters and verses? who preserved it from early enemies of the church? It is the catholic church. The church that was one and only for 1,500 yrs before any other. It preserved the teachings and traditions as was passed to it the Christ and the apostles.

I cannot say much. I posted this because of the fact that I can sense so many biased comments.

However, the catholic church does not emphases on miracles. Otherwise, you would have heard of bleeding Eucharists (bread and wine, the holy communion given to the faithful), are you also going to say that this not in the bible?
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KDK(m): 7:19pm On Sep 18, 2006
@elampiro,
Didn't want to say more but I am forced to ask you, How well do you know church history and what do you think this present day catholic church emanated from? Why do you think we do not have the Apocryphas in the canon? Do you really think the present catholic church is what was depicted in the main canons? This is not the place for me to start giving an expose on the catholic church. I am from a catholic family and as such I have no grudge against them;just that I call a spade a spade and as such it is idolatory for me to pray through mary (call it honour if you like), honour angels (which are meant to minister to me), etc.

Satan is surely having a feast on some people. My prayer is that you will know better. Do you know the difference between me and you?
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by elampiro(m): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2006
KDK, I would have love you open up. Then I will know the angle or derection to tackle you attacks. The Catholic church of today may not be exactly the catholic church of yesterday. But there are basic things the catholic church can never ever compromise like the Eucharist, abortion and and use of contraceptives, ordination of women, freedom for priest to be married etc. These are the very basic things that make catholism. Somethings may change depending on culture, time (generation), and people. But those things that I mentioned, particularly the Eucharist can never be removed from catholism.

I rest my case here. I do not want to deviate too much from the topic.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KDK(m): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2006
@elampiro,
Please sir, don't get me wrong. I am not attacking the church. I just question some of the worship. I respect that catholic church for a lot of things and one of those things is their conservation of some of the biblical teachings.
I am sorry if you felt I am attacking the catholic church. I have no right whatsoever to judge any denomination.
Once , again my apologies for writing in tone that led to this misconception.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by Panache(m): 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2006
This happens in Latin America all the time. As a practising Catholics, I'm sorry to say that this is more of a hoax than anything. One woman said she saw the Blessed Virgin Mary on cookies and sold it on ebay. I beg save us from this blasphemy.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by goodguy(m): 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2006
The one that happened in Bolivia, in 1995 seems more real to me; except someone made up that story.

Take a look at these interesting facts:

-The statue has been thoroughly tested and found not to be fraudulent
-The statue forms tears of human blood at the eyes that weep down the face, caught on camera in the video
-The blood has been tested and found to be human
-The blood contained a piece of thorn, identified as a thorn from the Hawthorne bush, believed to have been the type of thorn used to make the crown of thorns for Jesus of Nazareth.

See also the Scientific examination, as well as the Theological explanation.  Infact, read the full story.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by Fimmy(m): 11:47pm On Sep 18, 2006
goodguy:

The one that happened in Bolivia, in 1995 seems more real to me; except someone made up that story.

Take a look at these interesting facts:

-The statue forms tears of human blood at the eyes that weep down the face, caught on camera in the video
-The blood contained a piece of thorn, identified as a thorn from the Hawthorne bush, believed to have been the type of thorn used to make the crown of thorns for Jesus of Nazareth.

See also the Scientific examination, as well as the Theological explanation. Infact, read the full story.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by kaynoJah(m): 1:25am On Sep 19, 2006
Too sad to read of some disheartening comments here. We can express ourselves very freely but let's make guided statements when it has to do with God. God is real and Jesus Christ is, too. What happened in Warri is just a reminder to every Christian that we all live by His Grace- borne out of Cricifixion- forgiveness of sins.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by kaynoJah(m): 1:29am On Sep 19, 2006
KDK is in no position, as far as Nairaland is concerned, to discuss catholic history. If he is truly from a catholic family, then something is obviously wrong somewhere. May God have mercy on him!
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by zebudaya(m): 4:00am On Sep 19, 2006
False Prophets Work Miracles That Deceive:

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Many Prefer The False Prophet:
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by lioness(f): 9:06am On Sep 19, 2006
Na Waya Oh. No be Mary dey appear again , now na Jesus dey cry.

grin grin grin Jesus see Warri begin cry grin grin
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by lioness(f): 9:24am On Sep 19, 2006
I dare a Catholic to explain what Jesus meant when he said:

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KDK(m): 9:59am On Sep 19, 2006
Lioness,
Thank you  o o o o, abeg help me ask them.  grin

P.S,
lioness:

Na Waya Oh. No be Mary dey appear again , now na Jesus dey cry.

grin grin grin Jesus see Warri begin cry grin grin
I like ur sense of humour. I have warri origins but that place truly deserves the tears of our Lord Jesus Christ .Just that HE wouldn't do it thru statues like they thot.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by whytee(f): 10:01am On Sep 19, 2006
elampiro:

You are the one telling lies. Didn't you see it on newsline last night?  should be

Have you also heard of people who claimed to be Jesus Christ or havent you seen them on newsline. read Matt 24 v 23 - 27

elampiro:

Those of you claiming that the statue is an idol or something and should not be there in the first place
Exodus 20 vs 3 - 5 can answer your question
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by charlisco(m): 10:23am On Sep 19, 2006
i will bring nairaland the picture 4 your to see, i have it at home
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KDK(m): 10:27am On Sep 19, 2006
@charlisco,
You guys are so so naive. The bible clearly stipulates the right mode of worship but youchoose to allow the devil deceive you by a statue. You better wake up now or wake up in hell (by the way, there is nothing like purgatory for you to console yourself with).

If you know half of what God has shown me, you will understand that pictures will make little or no difference to my stand. I am not even contesting about whether blood was flowing or not; rather I am telling you that it is wrong for you to pay so much attention to an image.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by lioness(f): 10:36am On Sep 19, 2006
~~ fight go soon start~~~ grin grin

I no mind turn catholic oh. Atleast i can commit all the sin and hope for purgatory.

~~i said that in good fate. Pls dont bite me~~
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by whytee(f): 10:51am On Sep 19, 2006
goodguy:

[url=http://www.visionsofjesuschrist.com/weeping68.htm]

See also the Scientific examination, as well as the Theological explanation. Infact, read the full story.

Please read Isaiah 42 vs 8 which says: I am the Lord, that is My name; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to carved images
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by iice(f): 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2006
I think you missed the first line of goodguy's post.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by endy1(f): 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2006
This is a strange occurance, but that not withstanding, I believe it is a religious issue which should be handled with all amount of sensitivity, so in expressing our views lets not be sarcastic about it because we might be offending people that believe in it, and who knows we might even end up offending God if the phenomenon is real.
smiley
endy1
f
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by BlackMamba(m): 4:48pm On Sep 19, 2006
May I remind you all that painful death will be meted out on any protestant or non-believer that ridicules the image of Jesus, Blessed Virgin Mary or any of the Holy Saints. This is a Roman Catholic Fatwa. Be warned!!
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KDK(m): 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2006
grin grin grin grin @blackmamba,
You sure do crack me up. Give me an image of JESUS and I will smatch it and still say a prayer that God will answer expressly in His usual manner. Idolatry must not be condoned even if it is under the guise of a Church. angry
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by goodguy(m): 7:27pm On Sep 19, 2006
zebudaya:

False Prophets Work Miracles That Deceive:

<snip>

Many Prefer The False Prophet:
And who is the false prophet in this case?

whytee:

Have you also heard of people who claimed to be Jesus Christ or havent you seen them on newsline. read Matt 24 v 23 - 27
Exodus 20 vs 3 - 5 can answer your question
What is it that you don't believe?  The fact that the statue was bleeding, or the fact that it happened in Warri?

KDK:

Just that HE wouldn't do it through statues like they thot.
But it happened in Warri, and even in Bolivia some years back.  We have at least 2 people who reside in Warri on this forum, and have confirmed the incidence.

KDK:

@charlisco,
You guys are so so naive. The bible clearly stipulates the right mode of worship but youchoose to allow the devil deceive you by a statue.
I don't think people worship the statue.  I don't think anyone here has talked about worshiping of any statue.  It was only reported that the statue was bleeding, and has been confirmed by some people residing in Warri.  Besides, it's not just any statue; it's the statue of Jesus.

KDK:

I am not even contesting about whether blood was flowing or not;
But you seem not to believe, even though people have confirmed it here on this forum.

KDK:

rather I am telling you that it is wrong for you to pay so much attention to an image.
It's the image of Jesus.  Anything wrong with that?

whytee:

Please read Isaiah 42 vs 8 which says: I am the Lord, that is My name; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to carved images
For God's sake, people don't worship the carved image!  It's just a man-made statue that is used to revere the presence of Jesus.  They do not worship it!

iice:

I think you missed the first line of goodguy's post.
She thinks she's wise.  I am sure she didn't miss it.  She left it out deliberately, just so that the verse she put up there will be justified.

endy1:

This is a strange occurance, but that not withstanding, I believe it is a religious issue which should be handled with all amount of sensitivity, so in expressing our views lets not be sarcastic about it because we might be offending people that believe in it, and who knows we might even end up offending God if the phenomenon is real.
smiley
endy1
f
Please tell them!
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KDK(m): 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2006
Like I said earlier, Even if the statue is sweating,or peeing; All I know is that it a statue and you have turned it into an idol just the way you turned images of angels and dead saints to idols all in the name of giving honour. What do you understand is an idol and what do you think the term worship means sef?

Sorry if my tone is harsh.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by medube(m): 10:06pm On Sep 19, 2006
KDK:

Like I said earlier, Even if the statue is sweating,or peeing; All I know is that it a statue and you have turned it into an idol just the way you turned images of angels and dead saints to idols all in the name of giving honour. What do you understand is an idol and what do you think the term worship means sef?

Sorry if my tone is harsh.

Ater seeing so much garbage from a lot of people, I would like to chip in at this point and try and point out something. I honestly dont know where this idea came up about worshipping idols. Just as good guy pointed out, nobody worships the statues or pictures, rather they are "man-made statues and pictures that are used to revere the presence of Jesus" Does it mean now that when some people look at pictures of their family members at home who have passed away, and talk to them, they are talking to the picture? How daft can some people be? Have you ever heard anyone pray "O our statue of the Lord, help us?"
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by zebudaya(m): 11:35pm On Sep 19, 2006
Why would God make a statue bleed?
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by medube(m): 11:40pm On Sep 19, 2006
zebudaya:

Why would God make a statue bleed?
Are you questioning the decisions of God?
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by eazyman(m): 2:32am On Sep 20, 2006
Ewoooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! WAFI NO DEY CARRY LAST but he no dey carry first sef, una go kill people 4 diz naija!
Abeg make una take am eazy sha, you no say anythig can happen in warri, I remeber when i go warri early this year, as i land 4 agofure park, i just asked a matured lady in her 40ties for an addres in town before you knew it this lady had to take me there herself and without much ado started toasting me! I am only 25 as such she would only pass for a sugar mummy, i told her that but she tell me say her husband dey work offshore that she too like me, but come fear say abi diz woman wan use my head ? i neva see this kind thing for Nija b4,, na only 4 warri i come see am, so when you hear WARRI, remeba say anything can happen!
Loverdex@excite.com
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by IroroRoyal(f): 4:30am On Sep 20, 2006
you no well wetin warri do you abi then no born you well go enter your mama bele make them reborn you if you get seven head talk make i hear you i say talk if you them born you well EKPA SEE IN MOUTH WITH NA ONLY WARRI I SEE THIS ONE,
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by IroroRoyal(f): 4:35am On Sep 20, 2006
EAZYMAN make you de soffry talk about wafi if not gbege go start hereooooooo
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KDK(m): 9:45am On Sep 20, 2006
IRORO,
I am a full warri boy by birth (mum and dad), I doubt if you are more warri than me because very few people are. I am not from environs o o o, I am from warri itself but I must tell you, I have never dated a warri lady and that possibilty is tending to zero (introducing calculus). I only have one urhobo friend (ochuko) who happens to have grown up in shell quarters both in P/H and other places including warri which may be why he is not like the rest of the waffi people. I have tried making friends with them afterall they are my people but failed 'because Warri people are too aggressive, they just always try to be smart infact I just can't stand them for so many reasons. My mum noticed and has always tried introducing me to warri guys and babes just to see if I'd change my opinion but nope, they always turn out to be same. I am sorry to say but I am ashamed to have my origins from Warri.   embarassed

@ Medube,
Listen to yourself. You are talking to images (both prints and otherwise) of JESUS, SAINTS AND ANGELS. What do you think the occults do with the images in their shrine, they just use it to decorate. They talk to them too you know. Please , it's like you guys need to open the dictionaries to check the meaning of worship.
God clearly said it in HIS words that he will not share HIS glory with another (Isaiah 48:11) and The bible categorically said it in 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is ONE GOD and ONE MEDIATOR between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,. Remember Jesus said He had an exclusive right to accessing the father in John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

So tell me, why are you talking to saints who can't hear you? Talking to Mary who can't hear you either. Is it written in your bible that mary was the mother of God? She was a vessel used. Do you really think God had sex with mary? I am beginning to understand why the catholic church prevented the common people from having access to the bible in earlier times. It is so that these idolatories will not be questioned.
If Mary was so special , do you think Jesus christ wouldn't have set out that law that we must honour her as she is the mother of GOD? (Mother of God Indeed grin ) . My God has no mother because  He is the beginning and the end, before all things were made (including Mary) HE already was. Do you remember what happened in matthew 12:46-50 ? May be I should send you my picture so that you can talk to it too afterall Jesus said I am his mother and brother.
Think about it, were is it written that the disciples (Who are the pillars of the Church) honoured Mary. Even Peter the 1st Pope didn't. This is going off topic but hear me and hear me well , except you repent you shall perish (mind you, there is no purgatory). angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Forget Re-election In 2019 If You Don’t Repent–Bishop Odutemu Tells Buhari,Other / Pastor Sign Fireman: Why Actor Enebeli Enebuwa Is Sick Again / Bible Message On Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.