Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

7 Most Expensive Paintings Of All Time - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 7 Most Expensive Paintings Of All Time (2561 Views)

These Pictures Look Real, But They Are All Paintings / My Portfolio (pencil And Graphite Paintings, Lucky Biro Paintings, Among Others) / Portait Paintings Done By A Microbiologist! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Most Expensive Paintings Of All Time by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2015
1. The Mona Lisa (Monna Lisa or La Gioconda in Italian; La Joconde in French)
In 1962, the Mona Lisa painting was assessed for insurance at $100 million. However, adjusted for inflation using the US Consumer Price Index, $100 million in 1962 is $760 million in 2012, making it, in practice, by far the most valued painting in the world.
The painting, thought to be a portrait of Lisa Gherardini, the wife of Francesco del Giocondo, is in oil on a white Lombardy poplar panel, and is believed to have been painted between 1503 and 1506.
The Mona Lisa painting by Leonardo Da Vinci has been acclaimed as "the best known, the most visited, the most written about, the most sung about, the most parodied work of art in the world”

Re: 7 Most Expensive Paintings Of All Time by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2015
2. When Will You Marry?
When Will You Marry? is an oil painting from 1892 by the French Post-Impressionist artist Paul Gauguin. On loan to the Kunstmuseum in Basel, Switzerland for nearly a half-century, it was sold privately by the family of Rudolf Staechelin to an unknown buyer, reportedly to Qatar Museums, in February 2015 for close to $300million (£197million), the highest price ever paid for a work of art.
The painting is on exhibition at the Fondation Beyeler, Riehen, until 28 June 2015

Re: 7 Most Expensive Paintings Of All Time by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 01, 2015
3. The Card Players
The Card Players is a series of oil paintings by the French Post-Impressionist artist Paul Cézanne. Painted during Cézanne'sfinal period in the early 1890s, there are five paintings in the series. The versions vary in size and in the number of players depicted. Cézanne also completed numerous drawings and studies in preparation for The Card Players .
One version of The Card Players was sold in 2011 to the Royal Family of Qatar for a price variously estimated at between $250 million and $300 million, making it the second most expensive work of art ever sold.

Re: 7 Most Expensive Paintings Of All Time by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 01, 2015
4. Les Femmes d'Alger (Women of Algiers) - "Version O".
Les Femmes d'Alger is a series of 15 paintings and numerous drawings by the Spanish cubist artist Pablo Picasso. The series was inspired by Eugène Delacroix's 1834 painting The Women of Algiers in their Apartment(French: Femmes d'Alger dans leur appartement).. Pablo Picasso notable works were enlisted in series(Version C , H, J, K, L, M, N and O).
In May 11, 2015, Version O was sold for $179.4 million, a record price for a painting at auction.

Re: 7 Most Expensive Paintings Of All Time by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 01, 2015
5. No. 5, 1948
No. 5, 1948 is a painting by Jackson Pollock, an American painter known for his contributions to the abstract expressionist movement. This particular work of art was reportedly sold for $140million

Re: 7 Most Expensive Paintings Of All Time by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 01, 2015
6. Woman III
Woman III is a painting by abstract expressionist painter Willem de Kooning. Woman III is one of a series of six paintings by de Kooning done between 1951 and 1953 in which the central theme was a woman. It measures 68 by 48 1⁄2 inches (1.73 by 1.23 m) and was completed in 1953.
In November 2006, the painting was sold by Geffen to billionaire Steven A. Cohen for $137.5 million, making it the fourth most expensive painting ever sold as of the time sold.

Re: 7 Most Expensive Paintings Of All Time by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 01, 2015
7. Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I
Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer is a 1907 painting by Gustav Klimt. The first of two portraits Klimt painted of Bloch-Bauer, it has been referred to as the final and most fully representative work of his golden phase.
In June 2006 the work was sold for $135 million to Ronald Lauder for the Neue Galerie in New York City.
Re: 7 Most Expensive Paintings Of All Time by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
Re: 7 Most Expensive Paintings Of All Time by ovalrose(f): 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
I think no5 painting was shown in one movie like that....anyway I love art and would want my house filled with beautiful pieces but dang!....these cost more than 10 Ferrari put together.
Re: 7 Most Expensive Paintings Of All Time by tushbobo(m): 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
hmmm... most of the paintings look funny but it was an era when the world was breaking away from realism and the renaissance era due to the invention of the camera.
Re: 7 Most Expensive Paintings Of All Time by Chanchit: 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2015
I Can't buy any of the paintings for more than 3k.
Re: 7 Most Expensive Paintings Of All Time by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
Chanchit:
I Can't buy any of the paintings for more than 3k.
The way you dey see those wey buy am na the same way i dey see you.
You get money sef to waste grin

(1) (Reply)

Realistic Digital Painting...dm Me For Business / U Need To Check This, If U Need Professional Creative & Computer Graphic Service / Check Out My New Designs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.