Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:14 AM

Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis (915 Views)

Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard / Fayose Urges Workers To Call Off Strike, Says APC Should Cover Face In Shame / Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis by Tolexander: 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2015
Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to intervene in the political crisis in the state.

Tension rose again on Monday as supporters of Fayose and members of the Peoples Democratic Party laid a siege to the 19 All Progressives Congress lawmakers.

Amid this, the governor tendered a cheque as part of evidence of payment of outstanding salaries and allowances to the opposition lawmakers.

News had filtered into town Sunday night that the lawmakers had allegedly grouped in a hotel in a neighboring state to invade the state with a plot to impeach Fayose, and his deputy, Dr. Kolapo Olusola.

The Police were quickly mobilised to the Ekiti State House of Assembly to prevent breakdown of law and order by condoning all roads leading to the Assembly Complex.

Asides several Patrol Vans that were stationed at every junction linking to the complex, an Armoured Personnel Carrier was placed in front of the Assembly while combat ready riot policemen were on guard.

The PDP members and commercial motorcyclists blocked secretariat and NTA roads leading to the Assembly.

As of 3pm, the PDP members were still at the Assembly, while the policemen were still stationed on guard.

At a statewide broadcast made later in the day, the governor said while he would not support shedding of blood, the people should rise to defend the mandate given to him.

After the broadcast, commercial life in the city went dead as traders hurriedly  locked their shops while civil servants packed their bags and left for home before the official closing time.

Fayose, while addressing journalists earlier in Ado Ekiti over the tension in town, insisted that all the entitlements of the APC lawmakers had been paid, contrary to the denial of Speaker Adewale Omirin.

The governor flaunted copies of Skye Bank cheques of May 26, 2015,  issued to the lawmakers to corroborate his claim.

One of the cheques, which bore the name Boluwade Kehinde, was received on  behalf of the lawmaker and had a sum of N2,149,052 .37 on it.

Fayose warned that it would amount to contempt of court for Omirin to continue with any impeachment proceedings against him in view of the ruling delivered by Justice E.S. Chukwu of the Federal High Court, which ordered that status quo as of April 23 be maintained pending the determination of the motion on notice.

The Assembly PDP leader, Dele Olugbemi, and six other lawmakers, had in the suit, sought an interlocutory injunction among other reliefs restraining the APC lawmakers from commencing impeachment against Fayose.

The governor said, “They have been dropping the name of President Muhammadu Buhari as giving them the backing to impeach me. How can an Assembly, whose tenure will wind up on Thursday be planning this. I wonder why the issue of the past should be allowed to come to play now.

“As of the date the court gave the order, I mean April 23, Adewale Omirin was not the speaker. It will be wrong for the court order not to be respected. This is illegality and I want to raise this for the public to know.

“Omirin has gone to Court to challenge his impeachment and later withdrew such, which means he accepted he had been impeached and a cost of N100,000 was awarded against him.

“So, he is not the Speaker. I am calling on well-meaning Nigerians, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mohammed Mahmoud and President Muhammadu Buhari to intervene in this matter.

“How can somebody be living in another State and be planning to invade his own state; this is something else and  I view this as a major crime anyone can commit against his people.” 

On the payment of the salaries and other benefits to the lawmakers, Fayose said, “They came to collect the cheques in Ado Ekiti in company with the Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Toyin Ojo.

“The issue would have been discussed publicly during the peace parley, but they insisted that it should not be discussed openly because they didn’t want the leaders of their party to know,” he added.

Fayose urged Ekiti people to be prepared by keeping eyes on the lawmakers and prevent them from carrying out their alleged nefarious act.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fayose-urges-buhari-to-intervene-in-ekiti-crisis/
Re: Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis by tolulope407: 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2015
So it is true that when a child reaches a place of fear, he would tremble.

I am watching the outcome of this fayose drama in 4D[color=#990000][/color] grin
Re: Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis by ki02020(m): 8:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
He is a bastard if he is actually asking for PMB involvment in the matter
Re: Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis by Elslim: 8:48pm On Jun 01, 2015
really.... bomb in d north east Millitants in d south south, so na ur own him go consider
Re: Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis by freshness2020: 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2015
Fake news..
..my Fayose can't stoop so low for any poo!
He is coming out glorious!
Re: Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis by focus7: 8:56pm On Jun 01, 2015
Fayose, I really wish you fall this time. Now you have suddenly become a pity, where is all your boasting, abuse, slander, arrogance and impunity? I am surprise you were asking why they should allowed the issue of the past to be brought to the present, how do you assume it is past. The Buhari you abused and maliciously slander has become the saviour you need now, one would have thought you will run to Otueke and request Jonathan to give security agents to wade away the 19 legislator. Even if your impeachment is carried out illegally it will be welcome after all that was the same process by which you impeached the speaker in the first place. Don't just think is only the 19 lawmakers that are the forces against you, the lawmakers are only going to be service as instruments for the likes of Obasanjo, Tinubu, Buhari and the APC as a party. You created too many enemies for yourself than you can handle, now Jonathan and PDP are powerless to help you. After your impeachment is either you run into hiding or you go to jail.
Re: Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 01, 2015
Rather than winding down their legislative term, these charlatans and clowns are still fixated in impeaching the people's governor, the only seven star civillian general.
Re: Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis by chat2deen(m): 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
Fayose! How can a dead brained PMB intervene? U be confirm werey....

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2015
It is too late for the imbeciles to begin to contemplate impeaching Fayose, the don't even have the support of the chief judge to begin with. The chief judge would have to set up a panel to indict him.I don't see that happening between now and Thursday
Re: Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis by focus7: 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
freshness2020:
Fake news..
..my Fayose can't stoop so low for any poo!
He is coming out glorious!
go and read it in punch website and stop living in ignorance.
Re: Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis by focus7: 9:33pm On Jun 01, 2015
DrWise:
Rather than winding down their legislative term, these charlatans and clowns are still fixated in impeaching the people's governor, the only seven star civillian general.
They need to carry out the last assignment of removing a hooligan parading himself as a governor.
Re: Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis by KriTic24A: 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
Sorry o bro Ifa, i told you earlier that 4years is not forever.
Unfortunately, this just the first year.
Every reasonable person should be concerned about tomorrow. You never can tell.
Fayose got carried away by the "shack" of power.

He sowed storm, now he is reaping whirlwind.

Wait!!!. Did i just hear him call Buhari for help?

Yesterday, Buhari was down Ifa was up; then Ifa looked down on Buhari. But today, Buhari is up, Ifa is having pain on his legs and needs Buhari to apply soothing balm to his painful legs.
I belive Buhari will help him since he is not on vendetta mission.

Lesson: don't look down on anyone who is down. You never can tell....
Re: Fayose Urges Buhari To Intervene In Ekiti Crisis by Iroh88(m): 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2015
And a virile young man of just 30 years begs a "brain dead pampers wearing certificateless terror sponsoring quarter to die Yaradua-like grandpa" for help!!! Isn't that an awesome irony??

#Life.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? / Buhari Promised To Rescue These CHIBOK Girls Within Two Weeks (pic) / Boko Haram: Markets Shut Again In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.