Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,737 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. (10417 Views)

It's Jimmyfix (Graphics Design & Print) Logos | Letterheads | Business Cards / I Need Help With My Company Logo / Need 3d Modellers For My Company No Need For An Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by Kemjisuper(m): 7:51am On Feb 23, 2009
@Annekix
My guy, nice designs. But I think you're too hasty in turning them out! First, you got the company label wrong, next you made a glaring spelling blunder. To crown it all, you've dropped almost 10 different entries which suggests you can't seem to make up your mind. How then would you expect the owner make up his mind on you?

I'm not a guru in brand development but I know that consistency rules! Have one or 2 samples and keep working to fine tune them based on the comments of the client you're working for. I know you're just doing it for fun but I know deep down you'll be fulfilled if you win something for it!

Just my 2 cents! Its not much undecided

Cheers kiss
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by annekix(m): 9:17am On Feb 23, 2009
hey, thanx dude!

Aww cmon it wasnt that glaring, talk tru u no 4 see am if i no post the mistake,

any ways no xcuses, nobody's perfect!, regarding the spelling, fixing that is a piece o' cake, besides its just a prototype, it'll even act as a form of image security
truth is in this line o work, there's gonna be some flaw's somewhere, esp. when creating samples.

Now regarding making it difficult for the client,

lol, i tend to do that sometimez, he hee, grin grin

just imagine, its jus like i was a matchmaker and my client wants a pretty girl to marry and then i give him a choice of,
j-lo
beyonce
halle berry
tyra banks
naomi campbell, and he has to pick one!

the guy go jus craze,

bottom line:

choices, they sure are tough but , we all gotta make em, thats life, and its all on the clients taste , HE should know how he wants his company represented, all i do is make a variety.

i'm glad u noticed i was just having fun, grin grin grin

ps:
i also posted a design with fixed spelling, o! before peeps start to think i'm a retard. lol
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by CGKing(m): 10:32am On Feb 23, 2009
Yeah Annekix,

Your recent posts are more like it - my opinion o -
Looking less diabolical and more friendly. Yet, you stilll
have a couple more devils to cast out.

Keep it comin'.

Meanwhile, where is the poster? When are you going to
declare my winnings. lol. It is taking time o.

@ Gamine
That's ok, I can live with that. I could replace with another one, I'll try.
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by annekix(m): 12:23am On Feb 24, 2009
@cgking thnx, dude cool

i neva intended the first few to be diabolical bruv,

just wanted to have an edgy look for the design, plus hey, i was trying to work with the title Bonentertainment, key word here , BONE,

for some reason, i know its weird, bonez and skullz came to my mind,

before i softened it up a bit, with the new one below

asper devils to cast out, dunno what your talking about mate, undecided grin

come to think of it, i wonder what type of music the clients gonna be puttin out?

plus speaking of the client, where is he??
i think he's been kindnapped!, shocked

annekix turns around and gives kemjisuper a suspicious look

Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by Kemjisuper(m): 7:57am On Feb 24, 2009
@Annekix
Your last concept's cool! But the colours are still kinda dull don't you think? undecided
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by bonebaba(m): 10:07am On Feb 24, 2009
@Kemjisuper,
no email from you,wats going on?
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by Kemjisuper(m): 11:05am On Feb 24, 2009
bonebaba:

@Kemjisuper,
no email from you,wats going on?

Sorry man, been quite busy since. I'll try get you something today. But I don't fully understand your last request about the 'B' in the background and stuff! undecided I hope redoing the whole cube and mic concept is not an option o! shocked

Cheers
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by CGKing(m): 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2009
Something weird is going on here The poster simply
ignored evaluating other posters' submissions and went
straight for Kemji who hasnt even contributed anything.
Is the competition not valid withut Kemji's imput?
Were you just waiting for Kemji to submit all along? Why do
I get the eerie feeling Kemji won before the competition started?

Oh I know what this is: Standard Nigerian Politics.

Seun, I think we are done here. You can close the thread.
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by annekix(m): 12:15am On Feb 25, 2009
@ cgking

i've been having that eerie feeling too bruv,

i could say it's been a whole Lotta wasted time n effort, cuz honestly for me at a point it stopped being about the money, i was just having fun,
but hey, i'm happy cuz i needed some practice plus i learned some new tricks in corel draw which I've totally ignored 4 ages
, so it's all good,

next time i'll have a rethink b4 i enter any other future "competitionz", and just play audience for a while .

later dudes.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>annekix goes to the sports forum
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by bonebaba(m): 6:09am On Feb 25, 2009
@Kemjisuper
the mic and cube is perfect just add the finishing touches.
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by Kemjisuper(m): 8:32am On Feb 25, 2009
@bonebaba
Ok man, will do. I'll touch it up and re-post today latest!

@All
There's no funny politics involved here (as we Nigerians are always fond of suspecting). Bonebaba approached me on my thread with the offer, maybe at the same time he posted this thread. I've been working by e-mail cos it was kind of a personal thing, but since there was a graphics thread attached to it, it doesn't hurt to try your hands at something. Heck we could discover a whole bunch of logo design wizards in the process.

Before now I've been doing logo designs just for the fun of it, and for improvement as well. Try not to tie skill development to monetary benefits. Develop your skills first, and the cash will follow in due time.

So guys, chics, pls continue designing and learning. grin It'll take you places someday. I'll post my design once I'm done.

Cheers
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by reactor: 10:21am On Feb 25, 2009
bonebaba:

@Kemjisuper
Try not to tie skill development to monetary benefits. Develop your skills first, and the cash will follow in due time.

So guys, chics, pls continue designing and learning. Grin It'll take you places someday. I'll post my design once I'm done.

see whoose talkin! guess your jus kissin @ss agin just to help u win the guys favor.when the gurus were advising u to quit foolin yourself by posing already rigged models that were'nt your makin in poser and postin it everywhere includin in vray thread( wonder when poser got a v ray thread) .or creatin fake face models from picture wit facegen etc.and go for the real 3d apps you no gree. rather you choose to challenge your elders wit your silly fist clenching and frowning animation that were presets in poser and now u wan talk lik say you be the papa for here. you are such a faker and im sure you look like some guru to some but its pretty much an insult for most of the pros to compete with you thats y you havnt seen real graphic works here. i mean come on did you think your logo design was the best in the whole forum. ive been watchin you get drunk by some few compliments and thinkin you r some bigshot when you really shud b quietly learnin cuz youz still a baby.
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by sojioguns(m): 10:37am On Feb 25, 2009
I really should blame the poster for making this whole logo design seem like an open competition. If you had your mind made up from the onset you should have deleted this thread. it is rather insulting to waste peoples' time like that.
The likes of CGKing, Annekix, relax I know it is hard to distinguish phoneys but in due time they will be put in our black book.
CGKing, I never forget you oh. Sorry we still haven't had the chance to work together, I always have crazy deadlines.
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by Kemjisuper(m): 11:03am On Feb 25, 2009
reactor:

see whoose talkin! guess your jus kissin @ss agin just to help u win the guys favor.when the gurus were advising u to quit foolin yourself by posing already rigged models that were'nt your makin in poser and postin it everywhere includin in vray thread( wonder when poser got a v ray thread) .or creatin fake face models from picture wit facegen etc.and go for the real 3d apps you no gree. rather you choose to challenge your elders wit your silly fist clenching and frowning animation that were presets in poser and now u wan talk lik say you be the papa for here. you are such a faker and im sure you look like some guru to some but its pretty much an insult for most of the pros to compete with you thats y you havnt seen real graphic works here. i mean come on did you think your logo design was the best in the whole forum. ive been watchin you get drunk by some few compliments and thinkin you r some bigshot when you really shud b quietly learnin cuz youz still a baby.

Who be dis Bad Belle sef? Una kind never finish for Nairaland? undecided See the comment you're making with your very first post on Nairaland embarassed I believe you're just an old bad belle who's too chicken to use his/her main profile to post the above accusation. If you wanna know "Fake" take a look in your own dear mirror! Better get up and do something better with your life than sit around and watch me like some jobless guy.

tongue Cheers
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by CGKing(m): 12:28pm On Feb 25, 2009
lol. After chopping away to the full on the real substance, babanla,
people love to spread down the good old crumb
of phylosophy of life.

We are good!, we are just throwing some spice into
the fun, as we do, and that skill developement attached
to monetary thingy is careless and outta place.
The mention of money added credibility to this exercise
and folks were ready to commit a little of their valuable time. Abi Annekix?
So whether we lost or won we still would have had fun at the end of the day.

All I'm thinking is the poster misled people when he knew all along
that there was communication going on behind. I mean, of what
essence is this thread?

But we're good! No hard feelings. angry angry angry greeeeeeeeee, ! lol
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by CGKing(m): 12:42pm On Feb 25, 2009
@ Soji,

Thanks alot bros, no harm was done though, (as at the last time i checked! lol). I am sure
it all was intentional and people need to be a little aware of what their actions
may imply. I believe Nairaland is a great provision and should be respected with
simple credible , thingys.

And thanks alot for having in mind.

@ reactor,

ah ah, mellow down! lol
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by sojioguns(m): 12:45pm On Feb 25, 2009
Kemji, you really do not have to reply every comment on the thread. You should learn to listen more. Reactor has a few points you know, if you want to do REAL 3D animation Poser is not the way to go. As for the logo designs, let us leave it at the saying, "Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder"
Listen more Kemji and don't let the compliments get into your head. Nairaland still remains an OPEN internet form and the compliments aren't necessarily from professionals. If you posted on professional forums like cgarena.com or vfxworld.com, and got the same compliments, then you know for sure that your designs are top notch.
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by CGKing(m): 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2009
, Try not to tie skill development to monetary benefits. Develop your skills first, and the cash will follow in due time

lmaol! Wait o! i didnt see this before reactor said it. lol. I have never laughed this much before. Kemji, I lov u men.
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by Neptune(m): 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2009
i thought this would go this way when i saw the first 2 post on this thread which was why my first reply was
WTF ?!lol
then people started posting logos. if u read the first two posts, it was very clear the poster had already told kemji to design him a logo (through email). when i saw that this this was gettin to two pages i wanted to ask when the whole thing would be over cos the poster did'nt seen to make up his mind on anything until i saw the complaints. if we talk now dem go talk say we too talk. it's simply unfair. people were posting stuffs here daily. one of u two should have said somthing. if some people did'nt speak up, im sure this thing would continue till december. the guys working on the logo's are no t10k hungry it's the positive comments that matter. the fact that they are appreciated. and now you have yanked the rug from under 'em. hope you are happy. and when other serious people come to ask for a logo and peolpe dont show interest una go complain.
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by reactor: 2:00pm On Feb 25, 2009
@kemji
wateva mit be chiken but that dont mean i cant say the truth of my mind. oh sorry, its my 2 cents. listen more and talk less. yes i hav an alternate login but i'v heard about enough of the likes of u drivin the real pros away. take a look man.the great artists seldom post anymore cuz peopl lik u insust them wit your charlatan works and shallow posts. gess u can call me the new gamine cuz im here to mess up anybody that makes mockery of art and talent.
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by Kemjisuper(m): 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2009
Neptune:

i thought this would go this way when i saw the first 2 post on this thread which was why my first reply was then people started posting logos. if u read the first two posts, it was very clear the poster had already told kemji to design him a logo (through email). when i saw that this this was gettin to two pages i wanted to ask when the whole thing would be over cos the poster did'nt seen to make up his mind on anything until i saw the complaints. if we talk now dem go talk say we too talk. it's simply unfair. people were posting stuffs here daily. one of u two should have said somthing. if some people did'nt speak up, im sure this thing would continue till december. the guys working on the logo's are no t10k hungry it's the positive comments that matter. the fact that they are appreciated. and now you have yanked the rug from under 'em. hope you are happy. and when other serious people come to ask for a logo and peolpe dont show interest una go complain.

Oga Neptune
You too much! cool How come it was only you who took note in time when I mentioned that the poster should state it clearly if he wants to make a competition out of our private deal. Of course, I wouldn't have objected if he intended so. But if I came out that early to say nobody should bother trying their hands on the logo, I'd be crucified as a "Chop Alone" undecided So, I simply hinted it, and let the thread flow along. That's also the reason why I purposely didn't submit any entry on this thread.

Neptune, guys like you have a keen eye and an even sharper intellect! Much respect! cool

@reactor
When I saw your very first comment, and the hint of beef, the first thing that came to mind was Gamine angry (no disrespect sha - just a hunch!) But then again, you never can tell. Your first and second post has been targeted against Kemjisuper! I don't think I'm that great though undecided

sojioguns:

Kemji, you really do not have to reply every comment on the thread. You should learn to listen more. Reactor has a few points you know, if you want to do REAL 3D animation Poser is not the way to go. As for the logo designs, let us leave it at the saying, "Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder"
Listen more Kemji and don't let the compliments get into your head. Nairaland still remains an OPEN internet form and the compliments aren't necessarily from professionals. If you posted on professional forums like cgarena.com or vfxworld.com, and got the same compliments, then you know for sure that your designs are top notch.

@Soji
I always admire you ever wise and powerful advice. But I don't know why my POSER escapades has to come into play in this thread. Should that issue still haunt me? I'm not leaving POSER O! But what I'll do is learn to interface and study other 3d packages like 3dsMax9, Cinema4d, Google Sketchup and yes AutoCAD! I've downloaded all of them by the way, so don't worry about my 3D development too much anymore. wink

@All
Cheers grin
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by sojioguns(m): 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2009
The fact that you have won one logo design competition is not enough for designers to beef you. I see you have a big problem with being modest.
I'm not leaving POSER O! But what I'll do is learn to interface and study other 3d packages like 3dsMax9, Cinema4d, Google Sketchup and yes AutoCAD! I've downloaded all of them by the way, so don't worry about my 3D development too much anymore. Wink
I regret showing concern in your 3D skills development as you dont seem to appreciate it.
I wish us all the best.
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by Kemjisuper(m): 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2009
@soji
Pls dont get me wrong by saying I dont appreciate ur advice on 3d. Besides I've always mentioned being a newbie in that area. What I dont appreciate is you trying to plan my development route for me. What if I start with POSER & end up with 3dmax? Who's business if I start with Maya & end with POSER? Its like saying the only software for good graphics design is CorelDraw, FALSE! My path to success is entirely God's decision & mine!
Cheers
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by Gamine(f): 6:44pm On Feb 25, 2009
rotflmao!!! ;d
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by annekix(m): 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2009
@ cg king

The mention of money added credibility to this exercise
and folks were ready to commit a little of their valuable time. Abi Annekix?

my brother no be small "commit a little of their valuable time", the designing kept my butt up late at night!!, sotee i cum dey use photoshop design logo for dream,, lol

So whether we lost or won we still would have had fun at the end of the day.

true, ahhh, yes,it was indeed fun.

@sojioguns
I really should blame the poster for making this whole logo design seem like an open competition. If you had your mind made up from the onset you should have deleted this thread. it is rather insulting to waste peoples' time like that.

true dat, the tread topic should have probably read :-

Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira.(kemjisuper only) LOL, grin

i thought this would go this way when i saw the first 2 post on this thread which was why my first reply was then people started posting logos. if u read the first two posts, it was very clear the poster had already told kemji to design him a logo (through email). when i saw that this this was gettin to two pages i wanted to ask when the whole thing would be over cos the poster did'nt seen to make up his mind on anything until i saw the complaints. if we talk now dem go talk say we too talk. it's simply unfair. people were posting stuffs here daily. one of u two should have said somthing. if some people did'nt speak up, im sure this thing would continue till december. the guys working on the logo's are no t10k hungry it's the positive comments that matter. the fact that they are appreciated. and now you have yanked the rug from under 'em. hope you are happy. and when other serious people come to ask for a logo and peolpe dont show interest una go complain.

i got carried away, i guess i overlooked it and went post crazy, lesson learned
undecided

Any wayz, i have no hard feelings towards anybody, at all, i'm good,

one love to every one
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by Neptune(m): 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2009
nice one annekix. sorry for the wahala ehn. but the thing is people have seen what you can do and you'll soon chop the fruit of ur labour. keep up the good work. same to everyone else.
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by Kemjisuper(m): 8:25am On Feb 26, 2009
Gamine:

rotflmao!!! ;d

@Gamine
Continue laughing O! tongue

@All
Sorry about everything. Tempers flaring, words exchanged, maybe some hopes dashed too cry That's the fun in it though!

Here's my WIP on the logo just for sharing.

Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by CGKing(m): 9:29am On Feb 26, 2009
, maybe some hopes dashed too

Whose hopes were dashed? My nigga kemji, you
need to pay attention to the things that come out
of your mouth. You are sending the wrong signals,
at least this doesnt sound like the kemji i've come to know.

Remember you didnt win anything here, because the poster
wasnt clearly thinking about what he was doing when he began
this thread. In additioin to that, he didnt still seem to have the decency to
respect all others who qualified his person and responded to his call.

Does he think Nairaland is some God damn ghetto and everyone is a sucker?

@ Annekix,
Men, I m really sorry men to hear you worked all night,
Dont worry, you get compensated somehow and the poster
will get whats coming to him.
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by CGKing(m): 9:32am On Feb 26, 2009
@kemji

, and I kinda' like that logo.
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by Kemjisuper(m): 1:51pm On Feb 26, 2009
CGKing:

@kemji

, and I kinda' like that logo.

Thanks.
Its still a WIP cos Bonebaba needed some modifications on it.

Also, it's plain truth that some hopes were dashed, and it's clearly not my fault. But most importantly, some creativity was attempted and some hardwork was put into it. @CGKing, would you say you didn't learn anything new while trying your hands at that logo? Let's just stick to the brighter side of things.

Nobody's perfect! cool
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by Gamine(f): 2:22pm On Feb 26, 2009
The Logo,

Amazingly Horrid! shocked

Please focus on your Engineering, Kemji
Re: Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. by Kemjisuper(m): 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2009
Gamine:

The Logo,

Amazingly Horrid! shocked

Please focus on your Engineering, Kemji

Oh thanks deary! I'm so flattered! grin But I expected a much worse comment from you.

Only 2 words 1. Amazingly 2. Horrid Oh come on, you can do better than that! tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Designedbycas Graphics Gallery / Nigeria's Best Film, Broadcasting And Media Institute Is Admiting! / Professional Nigerian Photographers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.