Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite (2519 Views)

Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) / Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. / Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Abagworo(m): 12:02pm On Feb 17, 2009
I read this article written by a true Ijaw son and realised how we are being used by other Nigerians.http://www.unitedijaw.com/analysis.htm

We actually have so much in common.balkanization,denial,divide and rule.we have rich inland oil while they own the oil rich shores.we traded in slaves together as well as salt,fish and oil palm.we inter-married.we are multidialectal and consist of several sub-groups(this forms part of our weakness but should have been our strength).

If only all igbos and ijaws could realize this,a lot could be achieved by both.

Constructive contribution from igbo and ijaw sons as well as their offshoots-kalabari,okrika,andoni,ibani,opobo,etche,ikwerre,anioma,ndoki,ogba,ndoni,egbema,ekpeye etc.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by romeo(m): 6:22pm On Feb 17, 2009
which Igbos and Ijaws? U liked the aritcle and u want Igbos and Ijaws to Unite!! You people are still whinning about Asaba? LMAO!!
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Abagworo(m): 11:27pm On Feb 17, 2009
@romeo.the asaba issue is part of the balkanization.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by osisi2(f): 11:23pm On Feb 23, 2009
Unite and form a greater MEND
It shall be great indeed.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ijawgirl: 12:34am On Feb 24, 2009
undecided
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Ezeagu2: 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2009
ijaw_girl:

undecided

Double undecided
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by londoner: 2:23pm On Jul 04, 2009
, Country first,
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by AndreUweh(m): 11:38pm On Jul 05, 2009
Mazi Abagworo.
Thanks for posting Sam's article here.
It is a pity Sam does not understand the Igbo boundaries and Igbo worldview. How on earth can he say that there are Ijaw tribes in Abia state. Why did he not say it. After their attempt to claim Igbo groups such as Ikwerre and Etche, they now want to close in on Abia state.
For his notice, Abia state do not share any border with Ijaw people. South of Abia state are the Omuma Etche and Ikwerre-all Igbo people.
Please kindly tell Sam to stop that MADNESS
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by nogragra: 12:56pm On Apr 05, 2019
Abagworo:
I read this article written by a true Ijaw son and realised how we are being used by other Nigerians.http://www.unitedijaw.com/analysis.htm

We actually have so much in common.balkanization,denial,divide and rule.we have rich inland oil while they own the oil rich shores.we traded in slaves together as well as salt,fish and oil palm.we inter-married.we are multidialectal and consist of several sub-groups(this forms part of our weakness but should have been our strength).

Constructive contribution from igbo and ijaw sons as well as their offshoots-kalabari,okrika,andoni,ibani,opobo,etche,ikwerre,anioma,ndoki,ogba,ndoni,egbema,ekpeye etc.

Can you mix oil and water? ....then the question is 'Has Igbo and Ijaw been together or united before in history even now? All these retort are mere wishful thinking which will not hold waters because of Igbo greed for oil. They have never met before in history because greedy igbos does not know them for any wealth but as humble fishermen.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Fatherofdragons: 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2019
nogragra:

Can you mix oil and water? ....then the question is 'Has Igbo and Ijaw been together or united before in history even now? All these retort are mere wishful thinking which will not hold waters because of Igbo greed for oil. They have never met before in history because greedy igbos does not know them for any wealth but as humble fishermen.

grin. IGBOS WANT OUR OYEL

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Yujin(m): 10:40am On Apr 23, 2019
nogragra:

By their statements you'll know them. This character is certainly not an Ijaw man hence should not be entertained. Avoid him like you would someone with Ebola.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Jaypoint: 5:30am On Jun 01, 2019
Interesting...
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Jaypoint: 5:32am On Jun 01, 2019
osisi2:
Unite and form a greater MEND
It shall be great indeed.

Does any one really need a GREATER MEND for whatever purpose?
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Jaypoint: 5:58am On Jun 01, 2019
Abagworo:

Abagworo, please i need your kind assistance if you will be willing. I am doing a postgraduate research and I have need to discuss the history of the indigenous Justice System of Southeastern Nigeria. So, I remembered a post of yours a long time ago.
...Amadioha though has its many definitions seems to have been founded in mystery. I have tried to trace its possible root and it seems to coincide with the era of proliferation of shrines by either an Igbo or non Igbo group of Crossriverian origin whom I believe must have transformed to Ikwerre ethnic group in Rivers State. When you study the movement and settlement of people from Ozuzu and further claims by Etche people of not being exactly same stock as Ozuzu Amadioha people and same claim by Oratta and Isoama of not being same stock as the Igwekali of Umunoha, then things will add up. Igwekali and Amadioha are probably offshoots of some ancient priestly men with links to Chukwu deity or Ubini Ukpabi of Aro. They brought the oha titleship and conduct to southern tip of igboland with their gods and shrines."
I will appreciate if I can obtain from you all the reference materials you may have on this topic.
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Hurrikane3000: 5:43pm On Jun 01, 2019
What is the population of ijaw people, and why do people think that they are powerful, I have only met few of them in my whole life time, they only stay in their region they don't come out, they are more like ghost in the other 30 States, we don't see them here in the north, from Abuja to kaduna, kano and jos they are absent, even the idoma's are more popular than them, Just because Goodluck Jonathan was opportune to be a president (which we made him and also removed him when we want) that doesn't make them a force to reckon with in this country,
the only tribe that we know are igbo (inyamirei) and yoruba (yerbawa) and they both pose no threat to us, so asari dokubo can do all his shouting down there in his creeks at Rivers and Beyalsa, he better not cross that Kogi bridge and come up here, he knows what's up, or maybe timaya his brother will remind him about DEM MAMA.
I'm sick and tired of people ranting ijaw this ijaw that, Bunch of noisemakers, nobody knows them. what have they achieved in this country,

And you igbos should better focus on your business and stop deceiving and confusing yourselves, by forming Alliance with voiceless people like the ijaws, you all saw how the yorubas bow down to us and they are benefiting, they are wise people, I suggest you people should do thesame and forget those fishermen.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 01, 2019
Hurrikane3000:
What is the population of ijaw people, and why do people think that they are powerful, I have only met few of them in my whole life time, they only stay in their region they don't come out, they are more like ghost in the other 30 States, we don't see them here in the north, from Abuja to kaduna, kano and jos they are absent, even the idoma's are more popular than them, Just because Goodluck Jonathan was opportune to be a president (which we made him and also removed him when we want) that doesn't make them a force to reckon with in this country,
the only tribe that we know are igbo (inyamirei) and yoruba (yerbawa) and they both pose no threat to us, so asari dokubo can do all his shouting down there in his creeks at Rivers and Beyalsa, he better not cross that Kogi bridge and come up here, he knows what's up, or maybe timaya his brother will remind him about DEM MAMA.
I'm sick and tired of people ranting ijaw this ijaw that, Bunch of noisemakers, nobody knows them. what have they achieved in this country,

And you igbos should better focus on your business and stop deceiving and confusing yourselves, by forming Alliance with voiceless people like the ijaws, you all saw how the yorubas bow down to us and they are benefiting, they are wise people, I suggest you people should do thesame and forget those fishermen.
I blame lugard for all the nonsense you wrote up there.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Hurrikane3000: 11:59pm On Jun 01, 2019
Omnibus:
Deep down you know what I wrote is the truth, so stop blaming lord lugard, even before the amalgamation your people have been crawling up north, seeking for a greener pasture,
And don't blame God for making you a southerner, there is reason why he kept you people down there, and put us up here, so technically you people will be DOWN there and we will be UP here running the country.
That is the fact, so just soak it in bro.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 02, 2019
Hurrikane3000:

Deep down you know what I wrote is the truth, so stop blaming lord lugard, even before the amalgamation your people have been crawling up north, seeking for a greener pasture,
And don't blame God for making you a southerner, there is reason why he kept you people down there, and put us up here, so technically you people will be DOWN there and we will be UP here running the country.
That is the fact, so just soak it in bro.
Don't quote me again you Islamic scum if you have nothing meaningful to say
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Hurrikane3000: 7:26am On Jun 02, 2019
Omnibus:
Don't quote me again you Islamic scum if you have nothing meaningful to say
Pain!! Pain!! Pain!! Pain!! Pain!!
The truth is always bitter, i feel your pain bruh, but there is nothing you can do about it, so like i said just soak it in, because you cant change it.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by BlackSaints: 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hurrikane3000:

those fishermen men are better than your illiterate brothers, pervert brothers, Boko harma brothers, Fulani herdsmen brothers,women and children begging on the streets grin grin. You idiots have been ruling Nigeria like for ever what have you gain? grin grin nothing but extreme poverty and backwardness. grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3320360/malnourished-children-idps-monguno-camp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Hurrikane3000: 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
BlackSaints:
those fishermen men are better than your illiterate brothers, pervert brothers, Boko harma brothers, Fulani herdsmen brothers,women and children begging on the streets grin grin. You idiots have been ruling Nigeria like for ever what have you gain? grin grin nothing but extreme poverty and backwardness. grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3320360/malnourished-children-idps-monguno-camp

Those children on the pictures that you posted are not as bad as those of the civil war era, we all saw the pictures flooding the internet some days back when your people were celebrating biafra remembrance day, so I guess your people know more of this kwashiorkor than us,
And the way you rephrased THOSE FISHERMEN, it's either you are an ijaw man, but like i said before, !!Significantly ijaw people don't exist!!, i repeat they don't exist, they only evolve around the igbos,
That was why the igbos were licking Jonathan's butt when we made him president, and then we noticed and removed the clown, along with his illiterate wife patience, the worst first lady ever, but I'm not here to abuse, I'm here to state the obvious, and remind you of your predicaments, i think rubbing the truth on your face will be more painfull than insulting you,
So check my next post.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Hurrikane3000: 5:59pm On Jun 03, 2019
BlackSaints:
:

HERE IS THE REBUTTAL
* You said we are beggars.
But we have been the ones making choices in this country, i can be a military man, an immigration or a custom officer, a president or even a boko haram like you said, but your people don't have such privilege, you only get what we give you, that is why your brothers Rochas okorocha and chibuike amechi has been licking our butt hole, begging us for presidency, i also heard one of your rep is currently on his knees begging for speakership,
And you also forgot when your people started ranting biafra this biafra that, and we gave them ultimatum to leave our region, and what happened they started begging, so ask your self who is the beggar.
*You also said that we are illiterates
Yet we have been the ones dictating and implementing laws in this country, so if you are saying that blind is leading the blind, mind you they say in the land of the blind, a one eyed man is the king, hence we are the king here, i guess we have one eye and you guys are completely blind.

*Speaking of boko haram and backwardness, Boko haram has been killing since 2010, and yet your people still wouldn't leave our region, i guess they love our retrogressive way of living,
But we all know why they couldn't leave, there is nothing for them down there, you guys have nothing, only palm trees and canoe to fish, no Good food or Good road, they are facing serious hardship down there, everything is expensive there is no money there to complement it, that is why they remain here to Survive.
*You said we are poor.
Poverty is everywhere, but we have been the ones feeding you southerners with Yam, cassava, beans, tomatos, onions, groundnut, meat, e.t.c but you ungrateful people never acknowledged that.
So with all been said, the fact still remains that we are the masters and you are our slave.
So like i said before just soak it in and learn to live with it like HIV because E no get cure.
Have a terrible day!

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by YungMillionaire: 1:10am On Jun 04, 2019
Omnibus:

That guy is Igbo to the core...he does this all the time, pretending to be Hausa.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by YungMillionaire: 1:11am On Jun 04, 2019
Hurrikane3000:

Ipob man why do you keep pretending to be Hausa/Fulani?
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by EdiAbali: 2:16am On Jun 04, 2019
Hurrikane3000:
:

HERE IS THE REBUTTAL
But we have been the ones making choices in this country, i can be a military man, an immigration or a custom officer, a president or even a boko haram like you said, but your people don't have such privilege, you only get what we give you, that is why your brothers Rochas okorocha and chibuike amechi has been licking our butt hole, begging us for presidency, i also heard one of your rep is currently on his knees begging for speakership,
And you also forgot when your people started ranting biafra this biafra that, and we gave them ultimatum to leave our region, and what happened they started begging, so ask your self who is the beggar.
Yet we have been the ones dictating and implementing laws in this country, so if you are saying that blind is leading the blind, mind you they say in the land of the blind, a one eyed man is the king, hence we are the king here, i guess we have one eye and you guys are completely blind.

*Speaking of boko haram and backwardness, Boko haram has been killing since 2010, and yet your people still wouldn't leave our region, i guess they love our retrogressive way of living,
But we all know why they couldn't leave, there is nothing for them down there, you guys have nothing, only palm trees and canoe to fish, no Good food or Good road, they are facing serious hardship down there, everything is expensive there is no money there to complement it, that is why they remain here to Survive.
*You said we are poor.
Poverty is everywhere, but we have been the ones feeding you southerners with Yam, cassava, beans, tomatos, onions, groundnut, meat, e.t.c but you ungrateful people never acknowledged that.
So with all been said, the fact still remains that we are the masters and you are our slave.
So like i said before just soak it in and learn to live with it like HIV because E no get cure.
Have a terrible day!

You're a terrorist Islamist jihadist

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Hurrikane3000: 6:51am On Jun 04, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Ipob man why do you keep pretending to be Hausa/Fulani?

YungMillionaire:

That guy is Igbo to the core...he does this all the time, pretending to be Hausa.

Me igbo!!
This is really funny,
I guess you have nothing to say
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by DREagon(m): 9:48am On Jun 04, 2019
Hurrikane3000:
:

HERE IS THE REBUTTAL

*You said we are poor.
Have a terrible day!

I use to think all Hausa's are cows until i met one Malik, and then i realised that there are few human with brain in their skull among them,
But not like you, you are a slowpoke who is obsessed with the south and couldn't hide it,
Like you said your people has been ruling us, but there is nothing to show for it, you can not compare your standard of living to ours, we are living better than your people,,
You said you produce meat, but your people don't eat meat, because they can't afford it, they only eat bones, we are the ones buying and eating the meat,
70% of Hausa children are raised as an almajiri, probably you, so what is the achievement of your people ruling,
Keep ruling, but your people will always be beneath us socially, morally, and financially,
You envy us so much that you can not hide your hatred, you had to come online and start writing rubbish.
Keep hating Aboki..

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by DREagon(m): 9:55am On Jun 04, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Don't insult us
That guy is not an Igbo boy, we don't train cows like that.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Hurrikane3000: 12:16pm On Jun 04, 2019
DREagon:

I use to think all Hausa's are cows until i met one Malik, and then i realised that there are few human with brain in their skull among them,
But not like you, you are a slowpoke who is obsessed with the south and couldn't hide it,
Like you said your people has been ruling us, but there is nothing to show for it, you can not compare your standard of living to ours, we are living better than your people,,
You said you produce meat, but your people don't eat meat, because they can't afford it, they only eat bones, we are the ones buying and eating the meat,
70% of Hausa children are raised as an almajiri, probably you, so what is the achievement of your people ruling,
Keep ruling, but your people will always be beneath us socially, morally, and financially,
You envy us so much that you can not hide your hatred, you had to come online and start writing rubbish.
Keep hating Aboki..

Another pained igbo guy spotted,

You know it's funny, the way you southerners come online and start condemning us, calling us names, and when we do the same you start complaining, especially you igbos, you always complain about everything, but who cares, una vex no fit boil yam, hating on us wont change anything, your people refuse to vote buhari, and what happened, he won twice,
So just beat it, irrelevant people.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by BlackSaints: 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hurrikane3000:
:

HERE IS THE REBUTTAL

*You said we are poor.
Have a terrible day!
What nonsense are you talking about? you keep talking about igbo people, biafra, Rochas okorocha, Amechi, how you Northerners do this, how you Northerners do that. blah blah blah.

Now, what has all that go to do with Ijaw people? undecided

Educated illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by DREagon(m): 1:42pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hurrikane3000:

Another pained igbo guy spotted,

You know it's funny, the way you southerners come online and start condemning us, calling us names, and when we do the same you start complaining, especially you igbos, you always complain about everything, but who cares, una vex no fit boil yam, hating on us wont change anything, your people refuse to vote buhari, and what happened, he won twice,
So just beat it, irrelevant people.

I know why you are this bitter, is because you wish you were an Igbo boy, but you are not,
Admit it,
You wanted to be igbo so bad but you couldn't, that is why you have always been on our d*ck,
You see our people there in your region, living large, looking fresh, and it is paining you,
what does your people do, they go about cutting finger nails, selling sugar cane, doing gate man, shinning our shoes, and they are paying them peanuts, that is called reverse slavery, you guys are slaves in your own land,
An average Hausa man can feed his entire family with just 200 naira in a day, your people are not just poor they are wretched, Very dirty set of people that can not clean themselves up,
Aboki come i have some shoes for you to shine.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Hurrikane3000: 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2019
BlackSaints:
What nonsense are you talking about? you keep talking about igbo people, biafra, Rochas okorocha, Amechi, how you Northerners do this, how you Northerners do that. blah blah blah.

Now, what has all that go to do with Ijaw people? undecided

Educated illiterate.

Finally one ijaw man has stepped forward,
Now here is the message,
Blasting the ijaws was never a mistake, there are so many tribes in the south, but i specifically called out ijaw people, because this is something personal, I'm not really here for the igbos, Blasting the igbos is nothing new to me, i have been Blasting the igbos and the yorubas on this forum, to the extent that they reported me and blocked my previous moniker,

Now mind you the whole thing I said about biafra, leaving our region, begging us, hardship in your region, no food, and the rest, also affect the ijaw people, you and those igbo people are the same, bunch of ingrates, with the same mentality, the same goals and agenda, even the voting pattern proved it, so the whole thing i said includes ijaw people, not just the igbos, we all know you are the same, so quit the whole charade of ijaw and igbo fighting, you are not fooling us, to us ijaw is more like a sub group of igbo, so technically your tribe don't exist, some of our politician only mention you when needed, but on a real you guys are abstract, so you and those stupid igbo people should go and rub your faces in the mud,
And like said before we don't see ijaw people out here, so when i saw this thread i quickly jump into it, because I know i will definitely find some of your people here, so I'm using this medium to communicate to ijaw people, and if you are wondering why all the hate for ijaw people, here are some of my reasons.
Ijaw people has been ranting, making loud noise, since Goodluck Jonathan's era, beating their chests like gorillas, like they are the big shots in this country, the likes of Edwin clark and the rest,
They claim we are stilling there oil, like we are the only ones with oil wells there, one fool also said that if they have wanted, Goodluck wouldn't step down as a president when he lost, that ijaw people has what it takes to throw this country into disarray, making unnecessary threats, that they can withstand anybody, that they will do this and do that,
That, got me vexed, but What do we expect, when you have clowns like Asari dokubo and Orubebe, and rest of them as your tribesmen, and that other idiot Reno omokri, i don't know if he is your brother too, that fool has been saying rubbish lately, always on twitter typing bullshit,
But you guys are all mosquitos, making loud noise and empty threats, and never coming out of your creeks, in reality you are all petrified, and your post proves it,
Here is the translation of your post.

[i][/i]'''What did the ijaw people do now, please it is the igbos that started this thread, they are the ones confusing us, we have nothing to do with this, we are just a minority tribe in this country trying to survive, please if we have wronged you people in any way please forgive us ''''
How pathetic

Your people don't have what it takes to threaten this nation, is not that cultism that you do down there, the only thing that the militants did is blow up pipe lines and kidnap foreigners, that, doesn't pose any threat to an average northerner, but you see the real terror happening in the north, na we hold gun and knife, im not talking about herdsmen coming to your village, but to remind you that we run the militry, we might as well send our solders down there like we did before,
So take this piece of information to your people back there in the creeks where they live, let them mind what they say and who they point there fingers at, They should concentrate more on their fishing.
Kill your self!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aro Kingdom Re-brands After 700 Years / Ownership Crisis: Igodomigodo Asks Oba Of Benin To Return To Ile-ife / Nigeria’s Cultural Traditions Preserved By Survivors Of Slavery -chief Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.