Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures (64301 Views)

N3m As Tuition Fees At Children International School, Lagos / Students Of Collapsed Lagos Floating School Now Attend Another Floating School / Floating School, Makoko, Lagos, Collapses After Heavy & Torrential Rainfall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
I watched it on Aljazeera a few weeks ago.
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by kinglai(m): 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
vimi:
iis Oba Akiolu the principal? undecided

U b mumu
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by ikombe: 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sveen:
I'm still trying to understand why it had to be built in the middle of a lagoon, ergo, they're gonna have to transport the kids on boat, and their parent would allow it. That's superb.
read before u comment undecided
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by basketbrain(m): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
lalasticlala:
Makoko schoolchildren on their way back home after classes. Photograph: Iwan Baan

I wanted to scream no life Jacket!!!! but there fishes they live on (in) water.
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
makes one think of venice...but the sight is terrible to behold.
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by marvelous000: 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
rifasenate11:
... that's an evidence that no one dies anymore in the lagoon especially if it were to be ibos that's living there. Believe me, you will definitely need a visa to travel to the lagoon. Incase if lagos is doing shakara and decide to pursue the ibos into the lagoon. Next four years, lagosians will be jumping into the lagoon and they will be renting an accommodation for 1.5million there. And youruba girls will be like "I want to go to the lagoon island to visit my ibo boyfriend". They will even drive cars that have names like [size=15pt]]Range rover evolution submersible , can dive to a depth of 6000km. Swaggs will dominate in the lagoon[/size].I hope one Oba of lagos is seeing these cities. .
[size=13pt][b]
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehegringrin
[/size]
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by Z8(m): 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
Where there is a will there is a way. Wonderful
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by jelal007(m): 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
robosky02:

wow Jonathan initiative

is working.

" bashers oya..... lol "
Indeed. That coconut head leader of urs initiative abi?
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by yusufobinna1(m): 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
vimi:
akinolu principal of lagoon school.lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by Lilimax(f): 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
wise7:
Why are the kids not putting on life jacket
Like jacket ke?
When most of them can swim better than fish undecided smileyon a lighter note.

But seriously, this is not acceptable in this 21st century. Endangering the lives of
these little kids just to prove a point.
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by marvelous000: 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2015
teeowl:
I watched it on Aljazeera a few weeks ago.
[size=13pt]
Yea "REBEL ARCHITECTURE on aljazeera
[/size]
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by DEIFIED(m): 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
This is innovative.
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by gbassa: 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2015
Do politicians ask vote from these people?
Do they really seek their consent in election matters?
I wonder if a Governor exit in this state;
Why do politicians keep human beings in this condition?
This is incredible and a big shame to Nigerian.
Seanixking:
k
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by doreenvee(f): 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
And this is in the same country i come from.

Is there no other school apart from this water school?
The kids appear as though they are on a suicide mission. #Smh#
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
vimi:
This has got to be the funniest post on nairaland!! NLers are so funny mehn!! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by Iroh88(m): 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2015
Nigerian version of Venice in Italy. cool
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by tociano009(m): 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2015
But why they don't use life jacket
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by armadeo(m): 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2015
kelvin1191:
Later some one will tell us he HAD NO SHOES while this kid are looking for a dry land to walk upon

Kelvin1191, 2015.

This is an epic quotation. Quickly add your name and year to it and let's roll with it.

Modified to show.
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by lexy2014: 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sveen:
I'm still trying to understand why it had to be built in the middle of a lagoon, ergo, they're gonna have to transport the kids on boat, and their parent would allow it. That's superb.
they are ijaws. Living on water is as natural 2 them as living on land is natural 2d rest of us
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by tammie24: 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
rifasenate11:
... that's an evidence that no one dies anymore in the lagoon especially if it were to be ibos that's living there. Believe me, you will definitely need a visa to travel to the lagoon. Incase if lagos is doing shakara and decide to pursue the ibos into the lagoon. Next four years, lagosians will be jumping into the lagoon and they will be renting an accommodation for 1.5million there. And youruba girls will be like "I want to go to the lagoon island to visit my ibo boyfriend". They will even drive cars that have names like Range rover evolution submersible , can dive to a depth of 6000km. Swaggs will dominate in the lagoon.I hope one Oba of lagos is seeing these cities. .
Just the way they need visa to go to the east abi
Una too dey over hype urselves
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by francizy(m): 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
vimi:

Hehehehehehehehe grin

Lovely work by the architect tho..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by Betamusic(m): 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
angry
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by eluquenson(m): 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2015
Infact, I could remember vividly when CNN came to interview inhabitants of Makoko which they entered the school while under construction.
These people are born and bred on water
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by saniby: 5:41pm On Jun 02, 2015

Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by lastpage: 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
rifasenate11:
... that's an evidence that no one dies anymore in the lagoon especially if it were to be ibos that's living there. Believe me, you will definitely need a visa to travel to the lagoon. Incase if lagos is doing shakara and decide to pursue the ibos into the lagoon. Next four years, lagosians will be jumping into the lagoon and they will be renting an accommodation for 1.5million there. And youruba girls will be like "I want to go to the lagoon island to visit my ibo boyfriend". They will even drive cars that have names like Range rover evolution submersible , can dive to a depth of 6000km. Swaggs will dominate in the lagoon.I hope one Oba of lagos is seeing these cities. .

You be real Mutiu.
The Lagos Fishes will eat the ibos first and the Lagoon will vomit the rest of their carcass.
That would be put inside Luxurious bus and taken back for burial in Nnewi.

We dont want their smelly deadbody polluting our Lagoon for too long
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by meforyou1(m): 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sveen:
Have you not watched "welcome to Lagos". Makoko is a town built on water. Everything there is on water, houses, market, school.
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2015
lexy2014:
they are ijaws. Living on water is as natural 2 them as living on land is natural 2d rest of us
They are Ijaws? Really?
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by hendrixxx(m): 6:07pm On Jun 02, 2015
incredible :oincredible
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by Atk1nson(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sveen:
makoko kids are born - swimmers
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by Baroba(m): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
wise7:
Why are the kids not putting on life jacket
First thing that came to my mind, well done to the architect for showing his skills, but in truth humans should not live in such cesspit..
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by johnie: 6:18pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sveen:

The pupils and their parents are "boat people."

They live in houses built on stilts within thew vicinity of the school.

The children are used to water transportation,
Re: Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures by jossyphobia(m): 7:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uniben 2011/2012 Post Ume Result Is Finally Out! / What To Do If You Lost Your First School Leaving Certificate. / Secondary School Students Celebrate End Of WAEC Exams In Beer Parlour (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.