Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria (61618 Views)

Start Your Own NAFDAC Approved Fruit Juice Brands Without Owning A Factory / MTN To Take Immediate Steps To List In Nigeria As Part Of $1.7 Bln Fine Deal / How You Can Earn Big From Mobile Bulk Sms Without Owning A Bulksms Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
boygen:
..proudly a pharmacist. if u cant pay; try go thru a pharmacy school
tell them

1 Like

Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by write2obi(m): 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
sapiorxxual:
go stufy pharmacy for school na
You shiit out money from your anus, and open your pharmacy your self. Stop looking for investors

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
write2obi:

You shiit out money from your anus, and open your pharmacy your self. Stop looking for investors
sorry man, due process has to be followed.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by lagcity(m): 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2015
PMIcon:

Not everyone is cut out for that employee stuff o.

I know that not everyone wants to be an employee, and I have nothing against pharmacists wanting to be business owners. But it shouldn't be on someone else's capital. It is absurd for government to tell you that you have to give part ownership of your business to an employee.

3 Likes

Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by PMIcon(m): 7:28am On Jun 06, 2015
lagcity:

I know that not everyone wants to be an employee, and I have nothing against pharmacists wanting to be business owners. But it shouldn't be on someone else's capital. It is absurd for government to tell you that you have to give part ownership of your business to an employee.

I get you but it's not the Government saying so. What the Government says is, you can't own a retail Pharmacy if you are not a Pharmacist but you can open a wholesale pharmacy, pharmaceutical company and import drugs in partnership with at least a Pharmacist.

If you want to invest, it will be between you and the Pharmacist (just like lending). I guess the way I put it in the post is misleading but I couldn't edit it when I realized.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by sonnie10: 11:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
frisky2good:
One popular pharmacy has it's head office in Ikeja and it has a branch at Pen Cinema busstop in Agege, Lagos. How is that possible if the rules are water tight?

They probably have 2 pharmacists.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by PMIcon(m): 7:28am On Jun 07, 2015
sonnie10:

They probably have 2 pharmacists.

You are right. It's not about the company. Every premises/branch must be registered and supervised by a superintendent pharmacist

1 Like

Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Scofield007(m): 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2015
A superintendent pharmacist is needed urgently. Send your cv to solabodunrin@gmail.com if interested and qualified.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Scofield007(m): 7:06am On Sep 18, 2015
Please any pharmacist in the house? I need urgent info on how to obtain a pharmaceutical licence in Nigeria if you studied abroad and have been practicing there but now decides to come back home. What are the processes? Please I need urgent response.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 23, 2015
PMIcon:

I get you but it's not the Government saying so. What the Government says is, you can't own a retail Pharmacy if you are not a Pharmacist but you can open a wholesale pharmacy, pharmaceutical company and import drugs in partnership with at least a Pharmacist.

If you want to invest, it will be between you and the Pharmacist (just like lending). I guess the way I put it in the post is misleading but I couldn't edit it when I realized.

If I want to set up a company to import drugs, how much minimum % does the law require the Pharmacist partner to have of the company? Thanks for your time.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by PMIcon(m): 5:30am On Sep 26, 2015
ottizz:

If I want to set up a company to import drugs, how much minimum % does the law require the Pharmacist partner to have of the company? Thanks for your time.

It depends on your agreement with the Pharmacist.
I'm sorry for the late response.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
Please I need to be really sure. Are you saying there is no law or regulation that specifies any % to a partner Pharmacist in the case of drug importation, unlike for retail pharmacy?

PMIcon:

It depends on your agreement with the Pharmacist.
I'm sorry for the late response.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by PMIcon(m): 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
ottizz:
Please I need to be really sure. Are you saying there is no law or regulation that specifies any % to a partner Pharmacist in the case of drug importation, unlike for retail pharmacy?

There is an industry practice of 60% share to the Pharmacist but I am unaware of a law that backs this up so far the Pharmacist agrees.
The situation in retail pharmacy is 100% to Pharmacist except if the other person is a family member.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Tingle22(f): 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
Please I want to open a pharmacy in Lagos. I am looking for a pharmacist that can help me with obtaining approval for my premises. Please if interested contact me on this email: chinnybekwe@gmail.com
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by HotKween: 7:20pm On Jan 20, 2016
PMIcon:
Just to share some important but brief points on owning a RETAIL Pharmacy.
Please how to I contact you? I need further assistance on this subject area. Check my signature for my phone contact. Thanks.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by PMIcon(m): 7:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
HotKween:
Please how to I contact you? I need further assistance on this subject area. Check my signature for my phone contact. Thanks.

Hi HotKween, do you mind asking your questions here so that others can learn? Anything I can't discuss here means I'll charge you for consultation.
If you need to discuss privately, you can reach me on mailboominn@gmail.com Thanks
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by lightsaber(m): 9:35am On Jan 23, 2016
if you are interested in working as a superintendent pharmacist and you reside in edo/delta, send your CV to 2lightsaber@gmail.com. for serious persons only.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by HotKween: 1:39am On Jan 24, 2016
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by PMIcon(m): 10:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
HotKween:

I need urgent assistance on this:

A superintendent pharmacist is urgently needed in Warri for immediate employment.
Interested candidate must be a registered pharmacist with pharmacy degree in addition to a minimum of 5 years work experience in a pharmaceutical retail/wholesale outfit.
Candidate must be resident in (or willing to relocate to ) Warri, Delta State.
REMUNERATION: Very attractive
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATE SHOULD SEND THEIR APPLICATION AND CV TO:
cod3016@gmail.com
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:
27th JANUARY 2016
For more info contact 0.8.1.1.7.6.4.7.4.3.8

Wow, just seeing this. Are you a pharmacist? Is the recruitment still ongoing?
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by HotKween: 4:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
PMIcon:

Wow, just seeing this. Are you a pharmacist? Is the recruitment still ongoing?
This position has been filled but you can reach me for another open opportunity.
My bro wants to open a wholesale pharmacy also.
Send me a pm.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by PMIcon(m): 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
HotKween:

This position has been filled but you can reach me for another open opportunity.
My bro wants to open a wholesale pharmacy also.
Send me a pm.

Okay. I'm a Retail Pharmacy consultant and can help with recruitment of pharmacist as well as provide continuous grooming and clinical soundness training.

We also help pharmacies to screen their list of potential employees (pharmacists) through interviews. We can do this from any location.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by HotKween: 8:01am On Feb 07, 2016
PMIcon:

Okay. I'm a Retail Pharmacy consultant and can help with recruitment of pharmacist as well as provide continuous grooming and clinical soundness training.

We also help pharmacies to screen their list of potential employees (pharmacists) through interviews. We can do this from any location.
Oh ok. I do not think i need such elaborate service. We have a human resource personnel inhouse and also a pharmacist with over 13years experience. I just need pharmacists with minimum 5yrs experience(preferably female) to fill the positions available.
We want to open chains of pharmacies in the Edo and Delta region.
If you have individuals you believe can fill this position by all means refer them and we shall take it from there.
Our recruitment is still open for now and we currently have ads running on various media platform.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by PMIcon(m): 9:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
Okay. We advertise for positions too and use our contacts. We currently don't have pharmacists.
HotKween:

Oh ok. I do not think i need such elaborate service. We have a human resource personnel inhouse and also a pharmacist with over 13years experience. I just need pharmacists with minimum 5yrs experience(preferably female) to fill the positions available.
We want to open chains of pharmacies in the Edo and Delta region.
If you have individuals you believe can fill this position by all means refer them and we shall take it from there.
Our recruitment is still open for now and we currently have ads running on various media platform.
Thanks.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by showby: 5:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
PMIcon:
Okay.
HotKween:
Oh ok.

I am the landlord of a two-storey building with two units of warehouses on the ground floor, situated on a major road in Effurun, near Warri, not far from the General Hospital. I would like to go into wholesale of pharmaceuticals. I also know the terrain well and already have some prospective customers. I need professional advise and I am also ready to partner with any reliable business minded person.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by showby: 11:01am On Feb 10, 2016
PMIcon:
Okay.
HotKween:
Oh ok.

I am the landlord of a two-storey building with two units of warehouses on the ground floor, situated on a major... Whatsapp: 08086428088
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by PMIcon(m): 8:29am On Feb 23, 2016
UPDATE

I have always wanted to edit this write up but it won't just do that.

I must stress that step 2 EXPLANATION is no more valid. While it must still be clear that the Pharmacist is the owner, THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE PARTNER FOR RETAIL PHARMACY IS A FAMILY MEMBER OF THE PHARMACIST. This will be revealed by the surname-- they must have the same surname. So those complaining about 60% being too much shouldn't bother again because it is 100% ownership by pharmacist and family. In wholesale or distributorship, the 60% may still hold. You can get information from the nearest PCN office to you.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by ujeyisi1(f): 6:46am On Mar 23, 2016
PMIcon:
UPDATE
I have always wanted to edit this write up but it won't just do that.
I must stress that step 2 EXPLANATION is no more valid. While it must still be clear that the Pharmacist is the owner, THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE PARTNER FOR RETAIL PHARMACY IS A FAMILY MEMBER OF THE PHARMACIST. This will be revealed by the surname-- they must have the same surname. So those complaining about 60% being too much shouldn't bother again because it is 100% ownership by pharmacist and family. In wholesale or distributorship, the 60% may still hold. You can get information from the nearest PCN office to you.

Thanks for the update but does this mean no pharmacist can own more than 1 retail pharmacy business at a time.
Also does the 100% ownership by pharmacist eliminate every investor and any chance of creating chain pharmacies

1 Like

Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by PMIcon(m): 8:44am On Apr 04, 2016
ujeyisi1:

Thanks for the update but does this mean no pharmacist can own more than 1 retail pharmacy business at a time.
Also does the 100% ownership by pharmacist eliminate every investor and any chance of creating chain pharmacies

Ownership relates to the legal owner i.e. sponsor/ director of any retail pharmacy business in question as registered with the CAC. The same business can operate in as many outlets (pharmaceutical premises) as possible so having chains of pharmacy is not excluded. Each premises must however be registered with the Pharmacists Council (PCN) and supervised by different Superintendent Pharmacists.

PCN is against investors getting involved in retail pharmacies. If one obtain grants or other forms of funding that does not subject the pharmacy to control by or expected financial returns to non-pharmacists, it may be allowed.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by freeradical(m): 11:29am On May 04, 2016
I am searching for a superintendent pharmacist to kick start the PCN licence process for me in kaduna and option of working for my pharmacy when business starts. Qualified and interested persons should reach me on mail gigaleo2003@yahoo.com.
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by freeman67: 6:55am On May 05, 2016
This tread is more like somebody wanting someone else to open a business for him free..I guess other people that went thru school to read business admin and offer consultation services here for little or nothing studied for free. Maybe the Lawyers that defend them in court when issues arises in their So called pharmacy went to law school for free. Na only pharmacist go school.

Since no. 2 has been modified and you don't need investors cos it now 100% family business,can you please ask the mod to rename the tread and move it to career section..?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31am On May 05, 2016
For Business, Private Limited Liability (LTD), Public Limited Liability (PLC), Unlimited Company, Incorporated Trustees Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC): call 07015530202, 07046492047

Registration of Business name and Limited Company is 3weeks if you are registering through us. #No queries, #No delays

We also offer consultancy services. Feel free to contact us.
Prices are Affordable
Re: Steps To Owning A Pharmacy In Nigeria by eazichris: 9:31am On Jul 17, 2016
please I need a Phamacist for a licence registration for my pharmacy, contact me via: ogwuluchris@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MMM: Do You Remember This? (Throwback Photo) / Exposed: How MMM 'number 1 Guider' Collected Over N1B Within 1year (photos) / Gram Free World. Real Or Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.