Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Monitor Others From Server - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Monitor Others From Server (846 Views)

LCD Monitor For Sale / How Do I Connect An Antena To A Monitor? Pls / Computer Village Do You Have This HP L1955 MONITOR Power Supply Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monitor Others From Server by Psoul(m): 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2009
Pls can anyone teach me how i can monitor wot is happening around my network places if am staying in the server. I mean, to kw wot others r doing in the other computers from the server
Re: Monitor Others From Server by boro43(m): 12:14pm On Feb 19, 2009
PART ONE [color=#990000][/color][/size][size=8pt]
1. MAKE SURE THAT ALL THE SYSTEMS ARE ON THE SAME NETWORK (i.e.) THEY HAVE DESAME NETWORK NAME.
2. MAKE SURE THE NETWORK IS CONNECTED AND ACTIVE
3. RIGHT CLICK ON THE NETWORK ICON ON THE TASK-BAR
4. SELECT STATUS
5. ON THE GENERAL TAB SELECT PROPERTIES
6. ON THE CONNECTION USING:[/i] SELECT CONFIGURE[i]
7. CLICK ON THE POWER MANAGEMENT TAB
8. CHECH ALL THE BUTTONS YOU SEE THERE
9. CLICK OK

PLEASE MAIL ME FOR PART 2
Re: Monitor Others From Server by banky1987(m): 1:45pm On Feb 19, 2009
Re: Monitor Others From Server by Cactus(m): 4:49pm On Feb 19, 2009
FYI: ignore boro43 = That does nothing for you

If you cannot provide complete, accurate, and relevant information. Please dont bother posting a reply.

This is what you need. It is FREE as in AIR.

This is a decent Network protocol analyzer

http://www.wireshark.org/about.html
Re: Monitor Others From Server by boro43(m): 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2009
Cactus
Its not what u mean i don't need any thing, u know that there are some that u will advise and they wont use it, while some will make use of it. i don't demand either money or any other thing i am an engineer and so others in the house. so y will i demand for money. The Wireshark u are saying u will buy it yes or no? so what are talking about. if you have don't the first part notify me.
Re: Monitor Others From Server by Psoul(m): 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2009
@Boro43,

Thanx 4 d part one of ur lecture. I still need the part 2 of if. Ur email is not in ur profile. Pls u can email me through, de_irresistible@yahoo.com[color=#770077][/color]Thanx.
Re: Monitor Others From Server by Cactus(m): 5:35pm On Feb 20, 2009
@boro43

I am sorry to say but the information you are providing is WRONG.

Wireshark is FREE, 0 Naira, 0$, no need to pay for it. This is the download link http://www.wireshark.org/download.html

Psoul is looking for a software that sniffs out network packets from different network protocols. Wireshack does this. It can even obtain the chat log if you use things like AIM, yahoo, msn. It can sniff out chat messages as long as all computers are on a single network.
Re: Monitor Others From Server by Psoul(m): 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2009
[b]@Cactu[/b]s

Thanks 4 dat solution. But i still need more. Wen i download d software, hw do i go about seeing wot others r doing on each of computers.Hoping to hear from u soon.
Re: Monitor Others From Server by Cactus(m): 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2009
You have to do the reading

The link below gives you detailed instructions on how to use the software. You just have to read everything probably you may want to print out and keep

http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html/#ChBuildInstallWinInstall
Re: Monitor Others From Server by Psoul(m): 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2009
@Cactus,

Gratia un million. Ur links were so helpful. U r d man.
Re: Monitor Others From Server by tpiander: 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2015
banky1987:

(1) (Reply)

Software To Recover Files From Formatted Disc / Ipnx / Picture To Webcam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.