Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Icloud Is Down Again, Other Apple Web Services Affected - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Icloud Is Down Again, Other Apple Web Services Affected (591 Views)

How To Retrieve Iphone Photos From Icloud / How To Recover Deleted Iphone Contacts From Icloud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Icloud Is Down Again, Other Apple Web Services Affected by xwolverine: 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
It’s not just you: iCloud is down again, other Apple web services affected

Despite being listed as fully functional on Apple’s status page, it seems iCloud is once again down for many users. Reports across Twitter and in our own experience here at 9to5Mac have verified that iCloud and the App Store (and possibly other Apple services) are currently down.

Aside from bugging out on native devices like Macs and iPhones, the problem is popping up on the iCloud.com web interface (seen above) and even seems to be blocking users’ ability to open the iCloud panel in System Preferences, as doing so causes both the Preferences app and the iCloud Services process to stop responding.

As mentioned above, the App Store also seems to be having some issues with installing and updating apps, which is probably related to this downtime. Downloads from the iTunes Store and iBooks also seem to be affected, though all of the stores still load just fine. Photo syncing across platforms is stalling out for some.

iMessage appears to be having problems for a number of users, though others are still able to use the messaging service without issue. Find My iPhone is inaccessible for the web and fails to login from the mobile app. iOS activations are also impacted, so iOS users trying to activate new or recently updated devices will be unable to do so.

Not all iCloud services seem to be totally down, however. For example, the Notes and Contacts applications still syncs across devices. iCloud mail can’t receive incoming mail, but is able to send messages for some users. Podcast downloads, while technically part of iTunes, are up as well. Some reports of Find My Friends breaking are also rolling in, but in our testing that still seems to be running.

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2015/06/02/icloud-down-again/
Re: Icloud Is Down Again, Other Apple Web Services Affected by xwolverine: 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
cc: UjSizzle, lalasticlala
Re: Icloud Is Down Again, Other Apple Web Services Affected by ossybluez(m): 5:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
xwolverine:
It’s not just you: iCloud is down again, other Apple web services affected

Despite being listed as fully functional on Apple’s status page, it seems iCloud is once again down for many users. Reports across Twitter and in our own experience here at 9to5Mac have verified that iCloud and the App Store (and possibly other Apple services) are currently down.

Aside from bugging out on native devices like Macs and iPhones, the problem is popping up on the iCloud.com web interface (seen above) and even seems to be blocking users’ ability to open the iCloud panel in System Preferences, as doing so causes both the Preferences app and the iCloud Services process to stop responding.

As mentioned above, the App Store also seems to be having some issues with installing and updating apps, which is probably related to this downtime. Downloads from the iTunes Store and iBooks also seem to be affected, though all of the stores still load just fine. Photo syncing across platforms is stalling out for some.

iMessage appears to be having problems for a number of users, though others are still able to use the messaging service without issue. Find My iPhone is inaccessible for the web and fails to login from the mobile app. iOS activations are also impacted, so iOS users trying to activate new or recently updated devices will be unable to do so.

Not all iCloud services seem to be totally down, however. For example, the Notes and Contacts applications still syncs across devices. iCloud mail can’t receive incoming mail, but is able to send messages for some users. Podcast downloads, while technically part of iTunes, are up as well. Some reports of Find My Friends breaking are also rolling in, but in our testing that still seems to be running.

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2015/06/02/icloud-down-again/
pls is it possible 4 me 2 log in my icloud account in a device I got when d former icloud account details r still on it but refuses to log in cos of wrong password?

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry To Launch Android Smartphone / Online Solution Center (nmobile.ng) / Unbelieveable - Eksu Student Made A Solar Powered Lamp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.