Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd (1591 Views)

Positive Attitude Towards Life / Hnd Graduates Can Now Rise Above Level 14 / Why This Discrimination Between B.Sc & HND? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by wills(m): 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2006
Help change of attitude towards- HND

Hi all, rather than, debate the long never ending and sometime unnecessary argument about HND or BSC.
You and I Help in your own little way to spread the change of attitude towards holders of this Qualification, at least let organizations give, HND holders like BSC graduates the opportunity to apply for jobs in there organization and take test, rather than completely sidetracking HND out right from the point of advertising the job opening, example the recent and on going NNPC recruitment exercise, If they fail they fail… only let the best man win, that fair enough.

See the mail below…. Am sending it to major organizations, you can do same , I have sent it to NNPC and SHELL already,

Goodday to you Sir
My mails is short, because I know you must be a very busy man, I will like to ask , that NNPC and its associate company in Nigeria treat Polytechnics graduates with the Higher National Diploma (HND) qualification with a little fairness in comparison with the Graduates holding a Bachelors degree.

The recent recruitments exercises all seems to excludes HND qualification holders,.

It’s only a plea for concern and change of attitude to the teaming well read and technically sound, but unfortunate holder of HND qualifications seeking to contribute their skills and Know-how to a world class company like NNPC.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards

Sent to
SHELL
NNPC
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by kitaun(m): 10:30am On Sep 17, 2006
Has there been any response or feed-back?
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by wills(m): 11:11am On Sep 17, 2006
Thanks @ kitaun.
there no response yet, but my aim it just to speak out in my own little way, if i get a response fine! if i dont, thats still ok. Most importantly i just want them to know, that whats going on by totally leaving HND graduates out ,is not in the best intrest of us all

If any organisation must recurit BSC holders only, i think they should also have some sort of recuirment exercise where they also recuirt HND graduates only. as at now i think only Chevron has done such in 2004.

Might i add this, if you Hold a HND qualification, and a bank prides its self that it can not employ HNDs or has no HND holders in its Staffs. I think such a bank dose not deserve your deposit in any way, and make sure if your in the position to chose how funds within your organization or where you work moves around, those kind of bank should be singled out.
What goes around must come around, if a set of people for what ever reason, are not good enough for you, then also i think such bank don’t need your money.
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by ishmael(m): 11:43am On Sep 18, 2006
My brother you are right. But how many people do you think would be ready to do that? early this year NBTE asked all polytechnics, all HND holders, all parents and guardians of polytechnic under-graduates & graduates not to transact or bank with banks and similar organizations that discriminates against polytechnic HND holders; but as we are talking right now a lot of people that are affected by this HND discrimination still bank and transact with these banks. Infact some polytechnics have their main accounts in some of those banks till today. The banks make profits from polytechnic funds and yet they discriminate polytechnic products. If you find out very well they still operate these accounts with those banks for selfish reasons or because the marketer or account officer is related to them by one way or the other, and NBTE did not re-emphasize on it again. Let NBTE and National Association of Polytechnic Students (NAPS) stand up and enforce it and make sure that no polytechnic in nigeria banks with such banks. Banks concerned are GT, Zen, Access, UBA to name a few.
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by MyPeace(f): 11:53am On Sep 18, 2006
@Ishmeal
I think UBA should be out of the list, because recently they employed NCE and OND holders and my friend with HND applied with her OND result, she luckly got a job with them.
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by ishmael(m): 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2006
MyPeace:

@Ishmeal
I think UBA should be out of the list, because recently they employed NCE and OND holders and my friend with HND applied with her OND result, she luckly got a job with them.

I am Laughing grin cheesy You friend was given a job with her OND result when she has HND!! That is the discrimination we are talking about. She has just been employed as a contract staff or rather as a slave. Tony Elumelu UBA Boss does not employ HND holders, rather he forcefully make you hide your HND certificate and employ you with ND result (Contract staff); so that you people will be the ones to work like slaves for the bank while people with Bsc will be earning the money. He pays them less than 30k in a month with no housing upfront allowance, no medical allowance etc. Those with Bsc earn up to 65k or more and they are entitled to housing upfront, medical allowance etc. Tony Elumelu should be the 1st MD to start discriminating against HND holders in nigeria, he is the pioneer. you friend will soon tell you her experience in UBA dont worry.
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by MyPeace(f): 10:00am On Sep 19, 2006
Am just hearing this for the 1st time, though i hvnt asked her the pay.  I was only thinking that later she will tender her HND for a better pay.
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by ishmael(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2006
Mypeace, so you are just hearing this for the 1st time. That is the discrimination HND holders face in banks. She will work with her ND until she is tired. I had a similar experince; so i'm talking from experience too. You HND certificate is not needed for the kind of job they want you to do for them.
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by wills(m): 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2006
It’s a shame! What people go thru

Can anyone tell me if Diamond bank is amongst banks discriminating the HND qualification?

iits about Time!!
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by ishmael(m): 7:26am On Sep 20, 2006
Yes o, i forgot to mention Diamond bank. They are among banks that discriminate against polytechnic graduates. They employ poly graduates as contract staff. Last year they sacked all the polytechnic graduates who were working with them (ND and HND holders). Before sacking them the bank was employing university graduates and the poly graduates were the ones giving them on-the job-training (OJT); when they were satisfied that the uni guys were done and able to work on their own they started serving retrenchment letters to ND and HND holders in batches and paying them off with peanuts that their services were no longer required by the bank. I know this very well because one of my friends was affected too.
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by wills(m): 9:24am On Sep 20, 2006
Thanks ishmael, I still have an A/C with that bank, and infact had promoted one of their products D- tap to such a level that some of my friends opened  same A/C with diamond, I never knew they have such an anit HND qualification stance, I will close that account ASAP, and not just closing it, but I will give them my reason for doing this. When this is done I will make sure I post their respone on nairaland.

But sad enough, i don't think many HND holders themselves are not passionate about making a change for themselves, some seem not to just give a damm, they just take it as they see it.  its a shame, a real shame!!
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by ishmael(m): 9:50am On Sep 20, 2006
Me i bank with intercontinental because they are good and they employ HND holders and give them equal opportunities as the Bsc holders; honestly i love Erastus Akingbola (the MD) for that. Intercontinental bank is sweet.
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by Hndholder(m): 5:23pm On Sep 20, 2006
Obasanjo na HND holder
Aregbesola is HND holder
Atiku NCE but not degree holder. Me HND-Holder so if they like let them discriminate. Soon they will be eating their certificate.
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by Hndholder(m): 5:36pm On Sep 20, 2006
I am not sure of Atiku University
My friend at SHELL Abimbola Daniyan wrote that he is
convinced that the only intent of the Government institutionalised discrimination is the elimination of serious competitors .
They delibrately narrowed field of participation created by the lack of industrial and cultural expansion in Nigeria.

When next you see anyone brandishing their paper qualifications but not their performance track record, take note that you are seeing an ignorant person covering up the fact with the futile arrogance of paper. He/she is a paper tiger.
A tiger does not boast of its tigritude [paper/theoretical ability to maul], it will actually tear up somebody, and the case is settled! Tell your paper tiger to SHOW US what he/she has done with the paper degree. It is all part of the culture of waste prevalent in the underdeveloped mind.
We must redeem the day. The Indians (and now)- the Chinese too are already here! Let's stop boasting and let's start doing and our work will speak for us. The HND/BSc unending discrimination and ensuing debate are one major reason besides "corruption" why Nigeria has failed to industrialise, because those who know are often sidelined and those who don't know get moved into positions of decision making, where they wield power -unfortunately with little real life experience on which to ground their decisons, and so they fail!
If you ask me, telling a lie is the root of all corruption. Telling a delibrate lie [when we say a man is "not qualified or not competent" when in fact he is!] - because of the inordinate ambition to gain an upper hand over a good competitor- is corruption. All corrupt acts necessarily begin with a delibrate lie.
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by ishmael(m): 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2006
no mind nigerian Government.
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by Hndholder(m): 8:29am On Sep 21, 2006
when are we starting when we are busy selling Degree in please of technological development.

We can not redeem HND because the policy makers has made it too inferior so Close the polytechnics and raise the stardard of Technical colleges.
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by ishmael(m): 11:07am On Sep 21, 2006
Let dem close the yeye schools (polytechnics) that have made so many people to be no where today.
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by ishmael(m): 11:12am On Oct 03, 2006
HND graduates should be made to smile in nigeria i beg.
Re: Help Change Of Attitude Towards- Hnd by wills(m): 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2006
if i may ask,@ishmael,, what and what, will really make HND holders smile in Nigeria,
Even if they stop this discrimination , which seems like its easire for a camel to go tru the eye of a pin than for this to happen, are there avaliabel jobs for graduates in nigeria, with some many so called expertriates now doing jobs that we have very competent manpower in that area already

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Basic Training Service Batch 17 / Why Borrow Loan When Alliance In Motion Exists? / Is It Possible To Be Invited For Interview In Uk For Job Applied For In Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.