Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:48 PM

Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 (2406 Views)

Free Graphics For Nairaland Rap/Music Section - #FREE #RELOADED - LMandela / Nairaland Rap Battle Section Awards Nomination List 2015 / Nairaland Rap Emcee{jreyez} Releases New Track - Smoke Out Conversation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
Top 5 nairaland rap lyricists 2014/2015

we all saw rapdevil's list July last year and majority questioned its verisimilitude and authenticity. There were also speculations that rapdevil was a fake account created by a member of the rap sect. for the sole purpose of self-appraisal and glorification.
Whichever it was, a lot has transpired since July 2014 ranging from inferno and ruthless lyrical assaults on the revered and sacred FFR(flow for rank) to rap avalanches, cyclones and torpedoes flung seamlessly and ferociously in rap battle threads.
The tide has turned massively and some of those on last year's list have been usurped from the throne. You can say they've been removed via a bloody rap coup d'tat
This list comprises of only emcees that have been consistent, noxious with the pen and most lyrical since July 2014 up to this moment.
Grab a chilled bottle of sprite and a cylinder of Pringles as we take an exciting tour.
Enjoy.

(5) Ksslib : This dude made his unannounced entrance to this platform in 2014 and has been a big problem ever since. He is the reason they say hardwork pays because despite his humble beginning, he hustled and worked his way to the very top.
His signature punchline pattern is the use of jokes and comically fashioned lines.His similes would make you laugh harder than hearing a good joke from Basketmouth or Richard Pryor. His wordplay ability is pretty impressive and his lyrical prowess overall is colossal and is as Leviathan as Honourable Patrick's Vocabulary.

Here's a quatrain from Ksslib in last year's nairaland's cypher. Only a braniac can take the names of characters in the 'Revolution' series and weave it intelligently into a punchlines . it takes skill, perception and clairvoyance .

My rhymes are feared/geared with sick bars tha fly ya heads/....ts no surprise all over,ma lines are heard/
cos d way i 'distance' masef..late 'Munroe' could testify yall dnt see my breaklight.. i'm 'Myles' ahead
/

(4) Ibime : Also known as Bis, O'bis, Ibi and spitzophrenic.
This England based Emcee is the godfather of nairaland's hip-hop and rap section. he has been silencing and cremating the unborn generations of rappers since his emergence on this forum in 2007.
DBR, Sauron, Mikuz, U3, Thunderstorm etc all perished when they sparred with this lyrical animal
there's no rapper on this board that can tell me he or she didn't learn a thing or two from this dude.
He's a punchline rapper armed with arsenic and carcinogenic wordplays, similes and meticulous rhymes. God! this dude can rhyme till Jesus comes the second time. His polysyllabic rhymes would put modenine and his ilks out of business for 11 market days. To cut the long story short, you beef this rapper ar your own peril.
He didn't have many battles since July 2014 because of his retirement from the battle scene, but his classic brawl with emaprince and his frequent drops on FFR earned him a spot.

Here's an extract from his battle verse when he duelled emaprince

Real G’s already calculated. . . that love don’t cost a
penny/ Claim you chasing money over püssy. . . .
like it’s bought with levy/
but begging for recharge card on FFR. . . shows your
pockets empty/ cos Ema don’t prosper. . . .like
weapons formed against me !!

(3) Elymaxiimus : When somebody calls himself Elymaxcray , a man in his right senses should stay clear of him.
This dude is a lyrical beast that composes tarantula-like bars that bite off the fleshes of oppositions .
He's one of the newbies that have successfully transcended and levitated to the status of a veteran. His verse on the nairaland rap cypher was smashing and he was always to to par in every battle he has.
He's known for his witty similes, wordplays and puns. he one time caused the self-acclaimed Achebe of Rap aka Mikuz to piss in his pants and come up with wack Team mar ya bars

Here's a tip of Elymax's venom.

one punch takes his head to n fro . . . like waves in
a couch/
he'll get crippled, i'm maiming a tout/
we'll see the kid crawling the streets . . . like Baby's
day out
/

(2) Darkrebel666 : Popular known as Shawarma and the Giyazz-Slayer
He's unarguably the most controversial and zealous rapper on this board.
He came into this forum with the rage of a yaba-left asylum patient and demanded for the head of Ibime on a silver plate. Such audacity coupled with his brash and merciless bars on FFR won him these admiration from veterans and also a lot of enemies.
One thing about this dude is that even when he loses a rap battle, he still manages to somehow steal the show.
Judging with comments, he had the best rap verse on last year's nairaland cypher. He is also the only one who holds the record of defeating the same rapper 4 times on different occasions. He's also a finalist in the ongoing King of Poet competition..
He's also the pioneer of audio acapella rap battles on nairaland (along with Giyaz), and he has an unbeaten record so far in audio battled
This rapper is known for his malignant punchlines, witty wordplays, polysyllabic rhymes
He is like ksslib because he also started from the bottom to the top of the ladder.
He could easily have been number 1, but due to some unfortunate losses suffered, he has to make do with the 2nd spot on the list.

Here is darkrebel's opener in a rap battle versus Bruce

I'm Freddy Krueger in this donnybrook, more brutal than the 10th plague/ Bruce is a worthless can of puke, I should put a noose round his stabbed nape/ you'll see Bruce wane like Batman , when I hook
him with backaches/ and how's this pikey scum venomous?..when he's just a shook gook and bland snake/ a screwed schnook in this rap game/ fu¢k an opener punch... I'd rather scratch my
unwashed anus....then give Bruce a handshake!
/

(1) Kr0ne : This dude's achievements on this podium is 2 times more cyclopean than a greek pantheon, and his lyrical dexterity weighs more than 34 whales.
If you tied the tails of 6 Tyrannosaurs together, it still won't be lengthier than the height Kr0ne has reached in this rap battle business.
He's the crucifier and decapitator of veterans.
We all witnessed how he alnost effortlessly and brutally inflicted the great Ibime with demonically punned and maniacally woven punchlines. He is also a 'Lord of the ring' winner.
His verse on the nairaland rap cypher could cause another Haitian earthquake, Japanese Tsunami and Ebola outbreak .
His style of rapping is classic. Its usually peppersouped, orijined and suyaed with intricate multies, similes, double entendres, etcetera.
He's also the only rapper on this forum that hasn't suffered a single loss
His record is cleaner than will smith's rap verses
If you wanna to be called a rap veteran, you have to go through this Hannibal lecter rapper.
As a brother and friend, i would advise you not to battle Kr0ne because it would either end up with you lying with fractured and dislocated bones in Igbobi hospital, or worse with your rigormortified corpse lying undisturbed in the corner of a Lagos mortuary.

Here's a piece of Kr0ne's brilliance

You can't harm flies, my dude/ or bang like I do/
so better act right and cool/ coz u and caution
signs have one thing in common . . . biitches pass
right by you!

Notable mentions:
Emaprince
Guykhena
Giyazz
Limerick

Thanks

cc: Ishilove, Lalasticlala .... Help the ministry

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 02, 2015
ibime coogar emaprince kr0ne guykhena fuckyouhard2 jigsawkillah teddybiyasi 007bruce bars geoxpress gottoboy wrongturn mukina2 warriblood heywhizzy goshikid limerick Giyazz Sosiqdude jreyez obesemf danbrownmf teddybiyasi

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ibime shudda bin 1st .... He's a bar demon
Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
jerrythafinisher:
Ibime shudda bin 1st .... He's a bar demon

its actually for those that have been active, consistent and most lyrical from July 2014 up to this moment. and ibbime wasn't too active in the circuit.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by sinizia: 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2015
This is nice, though i don't know if the list is correct since i ain't in this game. But i think you'd have made it top 10 to accommodate other rappers like Guykhéna, Fuckyouhard (this guy is good) and Coogar etc, who were active middle of last year.

Also, i think it's too early, you'd have waited for the ending of the year before composing the list. It's still a good list and i love your descriptive prowess. You write well.

Your list made me remember that Kslibb dude. He's fùcking good. I remember his battle with Fuckyouhard. It's dopé battle. And also remember one of his wordplays on FFR when the dude played "perfume" and "PA (father) fume." LOL. The Kslibb guys deserves his position.
Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
sinizia:
This is nice, though i don't know if the list is correct since i ain't in this game. But i think you'd have made it top 10 to accommodate other rappers like Guykhéna, Fuckyouhard (this guy is good) and Coogar etc, who were active middle of last year.

Also, i think it's too early, you'd have waited for the ending of the year before composing the list. It's still a good list and i love your descriptive prowess. You write well.

Your list made me remember that Kslibb dude. He's fùcking good. I remember his battle with Fuckyouhard. It's dopé battle. And also remember one of his wordplays on FFR when the dude played "perfume" and "PA (father) fume." LOL. The Kslibb guys deserves his position.

The last list was July 2014. its already a year.
cooger has not battled or dropped a single verse on FFR. he can't be on it.. fuckyouhard also.
and thanks
Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by danbrowndmf(m): 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2015
A Very cool list...i wanted asking why coogar didn't make the list,buh u already explain that...
Wow,i was thinking coogar was the only person who has never lost a battle here,neva knew it was kr0ne,will luv to find out the battle coogar lost,or who he lost to...your notable mention was cool with a clear mind,i luv that...

Your command of english and the way u write is quite superb,Great Respect to your penmanship,Respect to everyone one on this list also..oga KrOne i great o..

Want to use dis priviledge to ask limerick for a battle...can we fix a date?
Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 03, 2015
danbrowndmf:
A Very cool list...i wanted asking why coogar didn't make the list,buh u already explain that...
Wow,i was thinking cooger was the only person who has never lost a battle here,neva knew it was kr0ne,will luv to find out the battle cooger lost,or who he lost to...your notable mention was cool with a clear mind,i luv that...

Your command of english and the way u write is quite superb,Great Respect to your penmanship,Respect to everyone one on this list also..oga KrOne i great o..

Want to use dis priviledge to ask limrick for a battle...can we fix a date?

thanks
. cooger lost to Ibime last year ...
Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by danbrowndmf(m): 8:43am On Jun 03, 2015
Darkrebel666:

thanks . cooger lost to Ibime last year ...
ur welcome bro.. Can u give me link to that battle. grin
Darkrebel666:

thanks . cooger lost to Ibime last year ...
ur welcome bro.. Can u give me link to that battle.
Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by Geoxpress(m): 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
Shuu, smh. I'm a notable mention jare. Did all I could to help this forum...

Btw, thought yall were no longer active?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by dj5naira(m): 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
Darkrebel666:
To cut the long story short, you beef this rapper ar your own peril.

True that.
Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by desmondDessi(m): 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2015
am coming...lemme go tru
Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 04, 2015
Geoxpress:
Shuu, smh. I'm a notable mention jare. Did all I could to help this forum...

Btw, thought yall were no longer active?

You weren't too active since last year's july
Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by desmondDessi(m): 9:05am On Jun 04, 2015
Darkrebel666:

One thing about this dude is that even when heloses a rap battle, he still manages to somehow steal the show. .

and he Knows this.

Lolz
Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 04, 2015
desmondDessi:

and he Knows this.
Lolz
I'm the cynosure of this sect. cheesy
Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by PeinDanzo(m): 5:36am On Jun 05, 2015
I'm the cynosure of this sect. cheesy[/quote] kiss[quote author=Darkrebel666 post=34413805]

No, u're just wack ...and as a new mod, am warning you, delete this post kiss
Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by liricyst(m): 7:12am On Jun 05, 2015
when is nairaland coming back into gear?
Tired of facebook battles
Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by haychwordsmith(m): 1:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
woah! nice list and hype.

buh can u post the links for their battles or something
Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by Tufan(m): 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
i dint care i will b the first to defeat krONe

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 by xbeeshop(m): 8:41am On Mar 13, 2016
I'v been waitin' all my lyf.. Battle rap is my religion i want in

(1) (Reply)

\**/ Fire Fight V: GIYAZZ Vs Jigsawkillah \**/ / NL Rap Battles Top 10 Netcees Of 2013 / ''da Ultimate Rap Battle'' Kkkossy Vs Mykali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.