Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Three Arguments For God's Existence - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Arguments For God's Existence (99491 Views)

What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? / 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by johnydon22(m): 2:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I know about biological classifications

According to evolutionists , the process brought about families ... yes or no? . But as a christian , I know God created living things but man through science divided them because of similar features they posses
Alright thats your belief then..

It was a joke , please dont take it seriously ...
Coolval? lover boy ! ave saved it and will read it in the evening
Have plenty of it, the story also have a part2 and other stories from me too... am Johnysky in coolval..

lol either way as far as you use it to describe or explain how life was formed then you support it . Am surprised you are even arguing about this

You asked a direct question evolutionarily and i answered with the same evolution thats why i kept adding (evolutionarily) in bracket, or would have had me answer it biblically when it was a question based on evolution..

If you had asked me directly how life or the origin of things, am sure my answer would have been I don't know nobody would argue on that smiley
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by plaetton: 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
DeepSight:

This is not a rebuttal of anything in the OP and nothing in the OP remotely suggests any "Sunday School" teaching whatever.
I would like to hope that you are aware enough to understand what a premise is, and what conclusions may derive: and I certainly further hope that you have not become so lazy in your approach that it suffices to brand an argument "Sunday School" in order to successfully or reasonably rebut it.

You should probably try your hands on the argument he made on consciousness. Start with that, if you will.
In your professional capacity, you are trained, and I am sure you make a good living, dissecting arguments to seperate facts from fiction and fantasies.
Puting your theistic bias aside, how could you not read the op and flog him for parading the most logically inconsistent mumbo jumbo, laced with faith, conjectures and outright falsehoods?

You should be his teacher and mentor, to guide him on how to articulate coherent logically consistent arguments, Not this sundayschool crap. And it is indeed sunday school crap.

You should know better than most here, that there are times for word salads, and there are times to present real facts.
I do not think that there is a place for word salads on issues of existentialism.

2 Likes

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
johnydon22:
Aaaaaw bro thats not a good way to back up your assertion ..

assertions ? Wow ! Ok prove to me with science why women are not physically weaker

. . So then you agree the Noah story was a copy and reworked version since other older versions came with different names, settings and stylewink

your opinion ?

Ok then you are a christian thats not hard for you to identify... Or at least go with the three i mentioned with muhammed remove the muhammed..smiley

Hmmm ... Maybe you didnt understand . Personal experiences like miracles , healings ,answered prayers , unexpected favour when all hope was lost ... etc ... God's work on you personally
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by hahn(m): 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2015
Why do humans have to argue so much over gods existence. Why can't he just show himself or speak up. Let him confirm and end these debates by saying "this is god" and let it be heard in the skies all over the world?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by johnydon22(m): 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

assertions ? Wow ! Ok prove to me with science why women are not physically weaker
. . Lmao. . i haven't proposed a negatecheesy...I have not asserted any to be weaker or stronger..

And i only asked you for citations from whence your analogy of biologically proven weaker female gender was hewn from so i can learn and know

your opinion ?
Nope, we agreed some flood stories predates that of noah by thousands of years, so am sure the older ones didnt copy from the newer ones (the reverse should be the case) unless you want to make a stand that Noah's fable predates the other flood storieswink

Hmmm ... Maybe you didnt understand . Personal experiences like miracles , healings ,answered prayers , unexpected favour when all hope was lost ... etc ... God's work on you personally
lmao. . . We are asking for an unfakeable miracle..

An amputated limb growing back..
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
hahn:
Why do humans have to argue so much over gods existence. Why can't he just show himself or speak up. Let him confirm and end these debates by saying "this is god" and let it be heard in the skies all over the world?

Rapture?

Revelation 1:7

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Luke 21:27

And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by hahn(m): 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Rapture?

Revelation 1:7

Luke 21:27

So, I have to wait till then? Issorait
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by johnydon22(m): 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
hahn:

If any god was proven, they wont be numerous religions or beliefs or faith. . It would be a certain (sure) fact and everyone will know and not believe with faith..

That's basically the atheist stance I don't believe you, prove it. .
i dont want to believe by faith, i want to know (to be sure)

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
johnydon22:

Alright thats your belief then..
smiley

Have plenty of it, the story also have a part2 and other stories from me too... am Johnysky in coolval.

I have to register to see it?

You asked a direct question evolutionarily and i answered with the same evolution thats why i kept adding (evolutionarily) in bracket, or would have had me answer it biblically when it was a question based on evolution..

If you had asked me directly how life or the origin of things, am sure my answer would have been I don't know nobody would argue on that smiley

Hmmm ... no stressing sha ... since its the way you see it ... lipsrsealed
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by johnydon22(m): 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

smiley

I have to register to see it?

Hmmm ... no stressing sha ... since its the way you see it ... lipsrsealed

Nope you can read them as a guest but you will need to register to add friends, send private messages and other stuffs.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by hahn(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
johnydon22:

If any god was proven, they wont be numerous religions or beliefs or faith. . It would be a certain (sure) fact and everyone will know and not believe with faith..

That's basically the atheist stance I don't believe you, prove it. .
i dont want to believe by faith, i want to know (to be sure)

Touche
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
johnydon22:
. . Lmao. . i haven't proposed a negatecheesy...I have not asserted any to be weaker or stronger..

And i only asked you for citations from whence your analogy of biologically proven weaker female gender was hewn from so i can learn and know.

lmao ...funny guy ... so na me go talk am shey ... incase ask bae wink or she emasculates you ? shocked tongue

Nope, we agreed some flood stories predates that of noah by thousands of years, so am sure the older ones didnt copy from the newer ones (the reverse should be the case) unless you want to make a stand that Noah's fable predates the other flood storieswink

this is a really broad topic . I dont want to step outside the bible . But I never agreed with you . I made statements and you started assuming

lmao. . . We are asking for an unfakeable miracle..
An amputated limb growing back..

Jesus healed Marcus' ear when Peter had cut it off
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
hahn:

So, I have to wait till then? Issorait

You know rapture could be 100 years from now undecided .
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by johnydon22(m): 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

lmao ...funny guy ... so na me go talk am shey ... incase ask bae wink or she emasculates you ? shocked tongue
Hahahahahaha na you talk am ooo, my bae? No na we dont fight, but she strong for bedmathics oo wink

this is a really broad topic . I dont want to step outside the bible . But I never agreed with you . I made statements and you started assuming
Its not about assumptions, you gave an example. How is that acceptable when its on the scope of mythology.

Jesus healed Marcus' ear when Peter had cut it off
In a story right? Well Isis (egyptian godess) healed Osiris Manhood when seth (egyptian god) cut it off. . . . Its all fables.
How is that proof when those stories are the claims...undecided

Video? cool
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by DeepSight(m): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
plaetton:

In your professional capacity, you are trained, and I am sure you make a good living, dissecting arguments to seperate facts from fiction and fantasies.
Puting your theistic bias aside, how could you not read the op and flog him for parading the most logically inconsistent mumbo jumbo, laced with faith, conjectures and outright falsehoods?

You should be his teacher and mentor, to guide him on how to articulate coherent logically consistent arguments, Not this sundayschool crap. And it is indeed sunday school crap.

You should know better than most here, that there are times for word salads, and there are times to present real facts.
I do not think that there is a place for word salads on issues of existentialism.

You still haven't said anything.

Not a single sensible or worthwhile word yet.

Indeed you haven't even shown that you understood what was written enough to even properly critique it.
This is your second post on it already and you are yet to get past throwing a tantrum and move towards speaking a single coherent word on the OP.

Waiting. Patiently.

For you have said nothing yet, other than fling meaningless - and even childish ad hominems at the OP.

2 Likes

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by DeepSight(m): 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
plaetton:

My point is that these arguments of his have been debated and shredded on this forum by me and others on at least two previous occasions.

What is exactly the motive for bringing same previously repudiated arguments here again?
That's why I call it sunday school arguments. They lack merit. They are based on unproven assumptions, bold statements of faith, and undefined terms.
There is no logically consistent arguments to be seen here.

I don't believe I have seen you shred any argument on Nairaland ever.
You do not shred by simply stating that you have shredded. That wonderful tactic is the intellectual hallmark of Logicboy and Logicboy only.

As I stated before: start with consciousness.
Show first that you understand the argument: reduce it to one sentence for me.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
Gbam ! Who is p.laetton on Nairaland ?...Il quickly point to the post below (summarized)

DeepSight:

This is your second post on it already and you are yet to get past throwing a tantrum and move towards speaking a single coherent word on the OP.For you have said nothing yet, other than fling meaningless - and even childish ad hominems at the OP.

DeepSight:

You do not shred by simply stating that you have shredded. That wonderful tactic is the intellectual hallmark of Logicboy and Logicboy only.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by plaetton: 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
DeepSight:

You still haven't said anything.

Not a single sensible or worthwhile word yet.

Indeed you haven't even shown that you understood what was written enough to even properly critique it.
This is your second post on it already and you are yet to get past throwing a tantrum and move towards speaking a single coherent word on the OP.

Waiting. Patiently.

For you have said nothing yet, other than fling meaningless - and even childish ad hominems at the OP.

Thats my point.
Every single sentence in the op is either false, wild assumption, conjecture or broadly ambiguous, undefined terms.
I can excuse him for copy and paste syndrome, how could YOU pretend that the post is sensible enough to warrant a debate.

To debate him here means to throw away every single sentence in the op. Then what am I left to discuss?

2 Likes

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by johnydon22(m): 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Gbam ! Who is p.laetton on Nairaland ?...Il quickly point to the post below (summarized)

angry Ebuka na like this you be? . . . No take because deepsight talk am talk your own...make e no enter word exchanges and derail the thread. . .

If someone is intelligent on nairaland, plaetton certainly is, its a fact. . Dude's a genius..
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahahaha na you talk am ooo, my bae? No na we dont fight, but she strong for bedmathics oo wink
shocked shocked grin grin

Its not about assumptions, you gave an example. How is that acceptable when its on the scope of mythology
Can you prove that Noah's flood is a myth ?

In a story right? Well Isis (egyptian godess) healed Osiris Manhood when seth (egyptian god) cut it off. . . . Its all fables.
How is that proof when those stories are the claims...undecided

Video? cool

You claimed to have watched videos of Pst CO and TB performing miracles and you didnt believe ... so why should I bother ?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
johnydon22:

angry Ebuka na like this you be? . . . No take because deepsight talk am talk your own...make e no enter word exchanges and derail the thread. .

grin grin grin ... I couldn't resist ... I apologize tho

If someone is intelligent on nairaland, plaetton certainly is, its a fact. . Dude's a genius..

some people are really good at using words you know ... dont be fooled
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by plaetton: 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
@ Deepsight
When you have kingebukasblog cheering for you, that's when you know your'e in real trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by johnydon22(m): 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Can you prove that Noah's flood is a myth ?
Exactly what i was trying to do by asking you to tell me which is the older version of the flood story.. Gilgamesh or Noah story? Can you tell me which now? smiley

And secondly modern historicity don't recognize supernatural tales as factual history, its shifted to mythology...

You claimed to watch videos of Pst CO and TB performing miracles and you didnt believe ... so why should I bother ?
Actually you agreed with me that they are more or less like nollywood..

I am asking for an amputated limb practically regrown, i can't seem to find it in.emmaneul t.v

Stop the shift and bring what i asked na, am sure god can do it wink
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by DeepSight(m): 3:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
plaetton:

Thats my point.
Every single sentence in the op is either false, wild assumption, conjecture or broadly ambiguous, undefined terms.
I can excuse him for copy and paste syndrome, how could YOU pretend that the post is sensible enough to warrant a debate.

To debate him here means to throw away every single sentence in the op. Then what am I left to discuss?

You see the problem with you? Take a look at the words in red?
These are simply logicboy-esque declarations. You have not shown them to be the case.

Declarations do not suffice for anything.

Indeed, the OP is not as well articulated as I would like. Nevertheless the substance of the points do remain inherent for the uncluttered mind to see. That substance is what you fail to challenge.

Please do not live in self-delusion. You have absolutely said nothing whatsoever sir. Not now, and not ever.
This is now your fourth post on this thread which still says nothing but repeats a most childish tantrum.

I am waiting.
And I am counting.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by DeepSight(m): 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
plaetton:
@ Deepsight
When you have kingebukasblog cheering for you, that's when you know your'e in real trouble.

Even though I am not familiar with that poster, I hope you do realize two things -

1. This post of yours is another meaningless childish ad hominem.

2. In truth, even though I do not know this poster, his views or history, I urge you to note that Truth often resides in the simplest minds. The intellectual grandstanding and shallow pageantry of atheists of your ilk rather produces meaningless confusion: a state of mind as far removed from simple and clear Truth as light is from darkness.

My Driver is a humble man, a devout Muslim of minimum education and exposure.
The words of truth, wisdom and sterling clarity that drip everyday from his mouth puts great shame to hordes of super educated "intellectuals" who call themselves atheists on this forum and elsewhere.

Now, this is your fifth post on this topic: it is another meaningless ad hominem.
I am still counting.

Very soon, it will be obvious exactly who is talking nonsense, my friend.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
plaetton:
@ Deepsight

I didn't want to correct the guy yesterday because I understood what he was trying to say . It could have been a misinterpretation or anything .But I saw you quickly mocked him undecided
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
johnydon22:

Nope you can read them as a guest but you will need to register to add friends, send private messages and other stuffs.

ok ... will do ... but ave copied yours tho
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by plaetton: 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2015
DeepSight:

As I stated before: start with consciousness.
Show first that you understand the argument: reduce it to one sentence for me.

Well, for one, the op made very bold and broad statements about consciousness, without defining what consciousness is.
He made broad and bold statements about genetic code without defining genes nor what a code is.

The last time he made this sunday school argument about nature and codes, I presented him with the SNOWFLAKES and how nature wips it up in just hours.
Proving to you that we have had this arguments before.

Pls ask him if he understands what a genetic code is.

Please also ask him if Fractals are codes.

Listen Deepsight,
Ignorance not problem. We are ignorant of many things.

Now imagine if this UyiIredia is a teacher, and happens to teach this crappy, false silliness to impressionable youth, then his own ignorance multiplies a thousand times. This is the bane of Africa's underdevelopment.
The minds of our people, the youth especially, are suffused with too much false, incoherent, illogical, unscientific rubbish, the type being peddled publicly here by sundayschool scholars like UyiIredia and co.
They must be mocked and shamed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
johnydon22:
Exactly what i was trying to do by asking you to tell me which is the older version of the flood story.. Gilgamesh or Noah story? Can you tell me which now? smiley

And secondly modern historicity don't recognize supernatural tales as factual history, its shifted to mythology...

but cavemen stories is science ... cool cool

Actually you agreed with me that they are more or less like nollywood..

I am asking for an amputated limb practically regrown, i can't seem to find it in.emmaneul t.v

Stop the shift and bring what i asked na, am sure god can do it wink

Agree on what? where? of course God can
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by hahn(m): 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You know rapture could be 100 years from now undecided .

I thought Jesus said it would be 2000 years after his death and it still hasn't happened. He propably said that after too much wine at the last supper because its way past 2k years now. Don't you think?

Or are we going to keep on guessing the date of the rapture as well like god's existence?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by johnydon22(m): 3:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

but cavemen stories is science ... cool cool
. . . Ebuka are you dodging still? cheesy

Agree on what? where? of course God can

T.B joshua shenanigans

Then lets see some actions

show us where god did this?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
hahn:

I thought Jesus said it would be 2000 years after his death and it still hasn't happened. He propably said that after too much wine at the last supper because its way past 2k years now. Don't you think?Or are we going to keep on guessing the date of the rapture as well like god's existence?

please if you start any form of mockery that ends the argument

2 Peter 3:4

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

He is giving you a chance , another proof of His mercy .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Absent From Sharon's Wedding? (Photos) / Did you know that Pull Out Game Is Sinful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.