Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,878 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Three Arguments For God's Existence - Religion (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Arguments For God's Existence (99358 Views)

What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? / 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
thehomer:

What sort of proof are you looking for?

without similarity and fossils ... can you prove macro evolution ?

My view isn't based on larger numbers.

does it matter? you see life differently . Why do you think there is no God ?

I don't know.

Anticipated answer

So since you can't predict the future with your theory of evolution , why are you so obdurate that life came from inorganic matter at the genesis of life formation ?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
thehomer:

The Bible contains incorrect information so why should I take it seriously?

lipsrsealed undecided ... so the links you expect me to provide will contain accurate information ? I used the bible the prove that God made man with His hands and you didn't disagree with my answer . What do you stand to gain from this ?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
thehomer:

No it is prudence. If you can't even read your own sources, why should I? I asked you to provide quotes and you can't even do that?

aha ! same thing with me
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
thehomer:

Okay. Why do you believe in reincarnation?

I dont actually believe in it per se , but I think its about giving a soul a second chance . Lemme stop here cos I dont want to sound weird or creepy . So why did you choose to ignore true life stories of reincarnation and dwell on science to provide an answer to an enigma ?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by UyiIredia(m): 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
thehomer:

I told you the answer but you rejected it. So, please say what the mechanism is.

There is none. Your answer was obviously false.

thehomer:
No, I want to know what you're referring to. Or have you become confused again?

Again, refer to my earlier statement or leave things at that.

thehomer:
They don't have to be to serve the function. All it shows is that you've successfully made no sense.

On the contrary, your examples don't contradict my point, it reinforces my point that man-made objects and living things have similarities.

thehomer:
Each time you asked me to prove you wrong.

That doesn't mean I said I was right because you didn't. I only said you haven't shown how I'm wrong.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by UyiIredia(m): 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2015
thehomer:

You've not been reading. Here's a link for you.

Those aren't legs, they are hind parts whose functions are unknown.

thehomer:
That isn't what the theory of evolution says

That's what it says. If one believes different lifeforms such as plants, apes, fishes, birds etc gradually diversified from a common ancestor and still diversify, then without a doubt one does believe there is no limit to how a species varies.

thehomer:
No it is prudence. If you can't even read your own sources, why should I? I asked you to provide quotes and you can't even do that?

And how do you know I didn't read my sources. This is an excuse. A bad one.

thehomer:
It is a pity that creationists deny the evidence of evolution and assert a God.

Back to my question, is there good design in living things ?

thehomer:
Consciousness is neither a chemical compound nor energy therefore the brain can't be the source of consciousness?

The conclusion doesn't follow from the premise so that argument is invalid.

Except that's not my conclusion. My conclusion was that the chemical processes in the brain isn't sufficient to account for consciousness.

thehomer:
You're on a roll of making no sense. What does the fact that Darwin decided not to become a clergyman have to do with anything? You need certain background knowledge to even start assessing scientific claims and you're sorely lacking in them.

Did the failed theologian have background knowledge before theorizing about the origins of species ? You see how stupid you are.

thehomer:
It is experimentally shown that it supports common descent. This is just more of your ignorance revealing itself.

And which experiment shows species originate from a common ancestor ? Where in your favorite article was experiment used to support the infrence to xommon descent ?

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by wiegraf: 1:09am On Aug 06, 2015
UyiIredia:

Those aren't legs, they are hind parts whose functions are unknown.

Please tell us why god gave unicorns horns but neglected to do so for regular horses? Did he not think regular horses would need to defend themselves?

Why did he give just the one donkey the ability to speak sef? I'm sure other donkeys would love to be able to speak

3 Likes

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2015
wiegraf:

Please tell us why god gave unicorns horns but neglected to do so for regular horses? Did he not think regular horses would need to defend themselves?

Why did he give just the one donkey the ability to speak sef? I'm sure other donkeys would love to be able to speak

Unicorns are mythical or do you have fossil evidences ?

The donkey spoke for a reason ...

You have zero knowledge of the bible so its understandable
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Speech from a donkey is a mystical event. An experience of a mystical event is not as relatable as an empirical or ordinary event.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
Kay17:

Speech from a donkey is a mystical event. An experience of a mystical event is not as relatable as an empirical or ordinary event.

mythical and mystical are two different descriptions . So , I dont really get your point

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

mythical and mystical are two different descriptions . So , I dont really get your point

What the hell is your problem?! Did I say anything about mythical?!

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
Kay17:

What the hell is your problem?! Did I say anything about mythical?!

calm down nwata nwanyi ... so tell me , whats the problem ? smiley

Unicorns are mythical , a talking donkey in the bible is mystical ... any problem ?

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by wiegraf: 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Uyi, can you spot the remarkable folly?

Well, actually, you come across as even more ridiculous....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
wiegraf:

Uyi, can you spot the remarkable folly?

Well, actually, you come across as even more ridiculous....

Its "folly" because you an atheist - to you the bible is full of myths and the talking donkey story was written in the bible- and I said the unicorn is mythical ... big deal ?

You think like a child

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by wiegraf: 10:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Its "folly" because you an atheist - to you the bible is full of myths and the talking donkey story was written in the bible- and I said the unicorn is mythical ... big deal ?

You think like a child

Says the person that believes in talking donkeys

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
wiegraf:

Says the person that believes in talking donkeys

Read the story proper , the donkey was made to talk in order to fulfill a purpose . God would have done it ( conveyed the message) differently but :

1 Corinthians 1:27

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong

You are currently making fun of a talking donkey , justified the quoted verse . Actually , a talking donkey is a mystical event because its "unnatural "( the supernatural defied the natural ). So God just made use of His power smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by wiegraf: 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Read the story proper , the donkey was made to talk in order to fulfill a purpose . God would have done it ( conveyed the message) differently but :

1 Corinthians 1:27

You are currently making fun of a talking donkey , justified the quoted verse . Actually , a talking donkey is a mystical event because its "unnatural "( the supernatural defied the natural ). So God just made use of His power smiley

And, as usual, the point is utterly lost on you

Doubt crayons would help so kudos

Uyi, again please take note. Yes, you sound even more ridiculous than this genius, even if only because his excuse is raw stoopidity.

What's yours? You want to believe in god by force??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
wiegraf:

And, as usual, the point is utterly lost on you

Doubt crayons would help so kudos

Uyi, again please take note. Yes, you sound even more ridiculous than this genius, even if only because his excuse is raw stoopidity.

What's yours? You want to believe in god by force??

Skip along ! you just got stumped and utterly embarrassed cool

... Damage control... typical of the atheist ... its no use cool

patiently waiting for thehomer kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
Where is the line drawn between the speaking donkey and the unicorn? It must indeed be a thin line.

But that is not where my focus was. . I'm more concerned with the difficulty of accepting a speaking donkey as an ordinary experience which can be shared.

2 Likes

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:53am On Aug 07, 2015
Kay17:
Where is the line drawn between the speaking donkey and the unicorn? It must indeed be a thin line.

But that is not where my focus was. . I'm more concerned with the difficulty of accepting a speaking donkey as an ordinary experience which can be shared.

How "wonderfully well thought-out" point this is ! In fact , I posted a story of a talking dog on my blog . He said "Mama" when he wanted a treat grin grin . How adorable smiley

But seriously , if you understand how powerful God is , will you doubt the possibility of a speaking donkey ? It is illogical and laughable in your disbelief but its the other way round for me . Its really a sad "logical" world for the atheists sad cry .

The explanation for your incredulity wont help you when the time comes . You have no excuse, you shall bow ! Hahaha hahaha hahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 10:30am On Aug 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

How "wonderfully well thought-out" point this is ! In fact , I posted a story of a talking dog on my blog . He said "Mama" when he wanted a treat grin grin . How adorable smiley

But seriously , if you understand how powerful God is , will you doubt the possibility of a speaking donkey ? It is illogical and laughable in your disbelief but its the other way round for me . Its really a sad "logical" world for the atheists sad cry .

The explanation for your incredulity wont help you when the time comes . You have no excuse, you shall bow ! Hahaha hahaha hahaha

I am not disagreeing with you. I am merely saying it is not a relatable ordinary day experience.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
Kay17:

I am not disagreeing with you. I am merely saying it is not a relatable ordinary day experience.

With some many strong evidences of God's existence , why do you let science play both its role and religion's in your life ? Why do you think God does not exist or does not need to exist ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

With some many strong evidences of God's existence , why do you let science play both its role and religion's in your life ? Why do you think God does not exist or does not need to exist ?

The so-called evidence for the metaphysical being God is actually an extrapolation of human creativity. The mirror for an inaccessible God is man. So there is no such evidence that directs us to God.

Science on the other hand, attempts to interpret the same facts available to everyone.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
Kay17:

The so-called evidence for the metaphysical being God is actually an extrapolation of human creativity. The mirror for an inaccessible God is man. So there is no such evidence that directs us to God.

Science on the other hand, attempts to interpret the same facts available to everyone.

Hahaha

You are actually comparing two different concepts - God and Science . For the 100th time , Science is just the study of nature / natural things while God is a Supreme being and religion is man-made's practice of gaining knowledge of His nature

Its like comparing computer programming and Charles Babbage . and then saying Charles Babbage is actually an extrapolation of human's ability to develop and run codes .

You have a problem of differentiating Science and Religion . Science does its stuff , Religion does its stuff smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 2:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hahaha

You are actually comparing two different concepts - God and Science . For the 100th time , Science is just the study of nature / natural things while God is a Supreme being and religion is man-made's practice of gaining knowledge of His nature

Its like comparing computer programming and Charles Babbage . and then saying Charles Babbage is actually an extrapolation of human's ability to develop and run codes .

You have a problem of differentiating Science and Religion . Science does its stuff , Religion does its stuff smiley

As I said earlier: another extrapolation. And that's the fuel that keeps the GodDidIt engine running.

I am not really concerned with Science, but with God and why religions are flourish.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
^^ mumu things

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
Finofaya, oya comment
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:52pm On Aug 07, 2015
Kay17:

As I said earlier: another extrapolation. And that's the fuel that keeps the GodDidIt engine running.

I hope you know God's power is not limited to creation . How about miracles- lame walking , blind seeing- personal experiences , healings etc
Is that also part of an " extrapolation of human creativity " ?

I am not really concerned with Science, but with God and why religions are flourish.

I dont get ... looks like a typo or something you should elucidate

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by finofaya: 8:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
timonski:
Finofaya, oya comment
I have o. On this thread and on an earlier one where OP made a similar argument. I will try to win him over some other time. Have you commented yet?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
finofaya:
I will try to win him over some other time

Hahaha ... when this is not the Romance section

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by finofaya: 8:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hahaha ... when this is not the Romance section

Loool. Jesus set the precedent, with his "love" for us.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
finofaya:

Loool. Jesus set the precedent, with his "love" for us.

Hahaha ... I thought it were men and women who " arose naturally" that first discovered that - love smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (48) (Reply)

Leg Of Akan Weeks, Founder Of Collapsed Reigners Church In Uyo, May Be Amputated / Curvy Woman Dances In Church, Causes A Stir / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.