Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Three Arguments For God's Existence - Religion (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Arguments For God's Existence (99456 Views)

What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? / 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by TruthHurts1(m): 8:17am On Feb 18, 2016
timonski:

You are the one to get a refund. So you don't understand sarcasm? Then the internet must be a very horrible place for you.

Read the post again. Then point out the "sarcasm" in it.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 18, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Read the post again. Then point out the "sarcasm" in it.
First, seun is an atheist. So why would he give 3 proofs of God's existence?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by TruthHurts1(m): 8:27am On Feb 18, 2016
timonski:

First, seun is an atheist. So why would he give 3 proofs of God's existence?

So you've been taken in? Seun is a closet muslim. That's why nairaland only bars offensive statements about islam, but refuses to extend that same courtesy to other religions.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 18, 2016
TruthHurts1:

So you've been taken in? Seun is a closet muslim. That's why nairaland only bars offensive statements about islam, but refuses to extend that same courtesy to other religions.
They ban anti-muslim statements because they know that moslems are insecure people.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by TruthHurts1(m): 8:50am On Feb 18, 2016
timonski:

They ban anti-muslim statements because they know that moslems are insecure people.

Seun comes from an area in Ogun State with a high concentration of muslims. Lots of Alhajis called Osewa in that community.
He hides his bias by pretending to be an atheist.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 18, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Seun comes from an area in Ogun State with a high concentration of muslims. Lots of Alhajis called Osewa in that community.
He hides his bias by pretending to be an atheist.
So he has been pretending to be an atheist for 10 years? Na u sabi.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Elosky20: 8:59am On Feb 18, 2016
TruthHurts1:

I doubt if the writer of this twaddle is the real Seun Osewa who founded Nairaland.
If it is indeed him then we are a funny country if even our techies are so bereft of a basic understanding about how the laws of physics work.
Some birds fly because their wings and bodies have evolved the necessary aerodynamic properties and features that enable them to function in flight. Any bright JSS student with a minimum grasp of Newtonian physics and the laws of gravity will understand that fact, but the founder of Nairaland apparently does not. What a shame.
I'd advise Mr. Osewa to go back to the school which certified him as a graduate and ask for a refund of all the tuition money he gave them, from year one to graduation because they have failed him.
science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. who do the great scientist pray to then.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by TruthHurts1(m): 9:11am On Feb 18, 2016
timonski:

So he has been pretending to be an atheist for 10 years? Na u sabi.

Are you saying it's not possible? If you believe that then I suppose you believe Barak Obama is not a muslim.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by frank317: 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
TruthHurts1:

I doubt if the writer of this twaddle is the real Seun Osewa who founded Nairaland.
If it is indeed him then we are a funny country if even our techies are so bereft of a basic understanding about how the laws of physics work.
Some birds fly because their wings and bodies have evolved the necessary aerodynamic properties and features that enable them to function in flight. Any bright JSS student with a minimum grasp of Newtonian physics and the laws of gravity will understand that fact, but the founder of Nairaland apparently does not. What a shame.
I'd advise Mr. Osewa to go back to the school which certified him as a graduate and ask for a refund of all the tuition money he gave them, from year one to graduation because they have failed him.

Seriously are u alright? How dumb can you be? Pls donu know what sacarsm means?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by pamcode(m): 8:03am On Feb 19, 2016
TruthHurts1:

You when i saw your post three things came to my mind.

1) You are a bloody ITK who couldnt just resist the urge to lecture another who didn't know the basic tech of science

2)You just jumped to quote the post without thinking and in an attempt to appear enlightened you flopped

3)You understand nothing about sarcasm with all the education you have received. And If this is the reason then my brother it is you who need a refund .
Good day to you bro and don't take this and other things personal

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
Joshthefirst:

Very funny seun.

Unfortunately without God all you have is meaninglessness. Your very existence and the existence of this forum is idi.otic and without purpose. We're all a cosmic accident. It is meaningless and idiot.ic to try to make a better life. It is meaningless and idiot.tic to hope for human advancement. It is meaningless and idiot.tic to teach your children and see them grow. Because existence itself is meaningless.

Here's one proof of God's existence: The fact that life itself is wired to survive and have purpose is proof.

If you think it isn't, then there's no need to react to this post, or to even be on nairaland. The best thing to do is to shut down nairaland and hang yourself.

Even self gratification is meaningless.

Exactly ! What's the point of anything when one believes the universe coming into the universe was a meaningless event , life was some cosmic mistake . Plus Seun sarcastic post was a ploy to wheel away from the subject matter because he couldn't refute the OP

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Some birds fly because their wings and bodies have evolved the necessary aerodynamic properties and features that enable them to function in flight.

Nature understood this and then caused birds to evolve the necessary aerodynamic properties to navigate and survive ? I thought evolution had no goal or direction

Darwinism: Survival without Purpose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by TruthHurts1(m): 5:59pm On Feb 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Nature understood this and then caused birds to evolve to the necessary aerodynamic properties to navigate and survive ? I thought evolution had no goal or direction

Darwinism: Survival without Purpose

Actually, survival IS the purpose,goal and direction of evolution.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Actually, survival IS the purpose,goal and direction of evolution.

lmaooo ... just hold unto your delusion I'd be right back grin
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by TruthHurts1(m): 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

lmaooo ... just hold unto your delusion I'd be right back grin

Yours is the delusion. I'm sorry you were dropped on your head as a baby, but don't take your frustration out on me.

2 Likes

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Yours is the delusion. I'm sorry you were dropped on your head as a baby, but don't take your frustration out on me.

Adaptation or Evolution ? Adaptation is needed for survival while evolution has no goal or direction

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by UyiIredia(m): 9:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
Seun:
Three more proofs of God's existence:

1. We all know that flying is impossible. If you jump off a tall building while flapping your arms like a bird, you'll fall and die. If humans cannot fly, why is it that birds which are dumber and not as strong as us are able to fly? There is only one satisfactory explanation. Birds can fly because an intelligent being with many hands grabs birds when they flap their wings, lifts them up, and takes them to their destinations.

2. We all know that breathing under water is impossible. People who can't swim tend to drown in deep water. Divers have to carry oxygen tanks so they can breath underwater. Yet fish, which not as intelligent as human beings are able to spend all their time under water and not drown. This miraculous ability must have come from an intelligent being who constantly blows fresh air into every fish's lungs.

3. We all know that sand cannot think. Sand cannot do maths. Sand cannot play chess. Yet computer chips, which are made of sand, can do all these things. There must be an intelligent being that possesses the sand during microchip production and from that moment conducts all the tasks of intelligent reasoning that computers, which are made of chips, made of sand, perform. An intelligent being who makes sand smart.

In each of the above cases the intelligent being is God. He holds birds in the sky, blows the fish, and makes sand intelligent like himself.

Baba God, I know I have had a lot of crazy thoughts esp since 2011 but I guess nothing beats this.

loooooooooool

Na really by this abi na joke. Oga Seun talk true. My arguments were too hot to handle.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by UyiIredia(m): 9:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
@ Niflheim and ichmommy: Lets discuss the OP. That Whatsapp debate group I joined was such a bore.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Zenzu01(m): 3:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
Its just quite unfortunate that am coming across this now,, if I will spill out all I want you to know here, it will be much and I know many of you will not make the effort of reading it, so I will make it as short as possible.....

* There is an existence of a Supreme Being known as God but yet no religion is able to really explain the activities of God or who God is but they just believe in his existence only because they feel they have no other option.
The working of God is entirely different from the way people paint it to be, even religions have not helped in this regard either.

* science which is the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment is an activity of the human frontal brain (intellect) which is bound to time and space (ie. They can't reason above what is physical and what their eyes can see).

* Placing Religion and Science side by side is an error from the onset because religion believe on dogmas and science only believe on what they see and wade off what they can't see, and telling the world it doesn't exist. That's only because they can't see it but indeed there are many things in existence that the physical eyes can't see.

I will just chill for now,, if part u don't agree with, you can let me know about it and I will answer u in the best way I can..

#FACT: both science and religion cannot lead one to eternal bliss cause both are founded on one-sided opinion....
Thanks
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
UyiIredia:
I made the same arguments on another site and couldn't convince atheists there.

Which site was that? let me go and help you out.

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by UyiIredia(m): 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
moffymichael:

Thanks for your offer but there's no need. The debate is long over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by dhateeboi(m): 2:26am On Feb 21, 2016
Seun:
Three more proofs of God's existence:

1. We all know that flying is impossible. If you jump off a tall building while flapping your arms like a bird, you'll fall and die. If humans cannot fly, why is it that birds which are dumber and not as strong as us are able to fly? There is only one satisfactory explanation. Birds can fly because an intelligent being with many hands grabs birds when they flap their wings, lifts them up, and takes them to their destinations.

2. We all know that breathing under water is impossible. People who can't swim tend to drown in deep water. Divers have to carry oxygen tanks so they can breath underwater. Yet fish, which not as intelligent as human beings are able to spend all their time under water and not drown. This miraculous ability must have come from an intelligent being who constantly blows fresh air into every fish's lungs.

3. We all know that sand cannot think. Sand cannot do maths. Sand cannot play chess. Yet computer chips, which are made of sand, can do all these things. There must be an intelligent being that possesses the sand during microchip production and from that moment conducts all the tasks of intelligent reasoning that computers, which are made of chips, made of sand, perform. An intelligent being who makes sand smart.

In each of the above cases the intelligent being is God. He holds birds in the sky, blows the fish, and makes sand intelligent like himself.

Sand intelligent like himself?
Sounds too much

I'm not an aethist but do u wanna hear what science will say about bird flying, fish breathing and sands used as microchips?

Or what the Holy book has pre-explained
I think the argument doesnt flow when we directly say God carry birds to their destination or blow air to fishes' lungs or even made sand "sand as intelligent as Himself"
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by orisa37: 8:22am On Feb 21, 2016
God is Spirit existing moves. God is Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding. The opposite of this, is Nothing exists around. And this is foolish, silly and ignorant. The Faith, The Hope and The Moveon is one , while the forget, the abandon and the stagnant vacuum is the other. I don't need to conform to be understood. I'm not an atheist and I'm very sane. Even to say Good morning is a Believer s Light and the atheist s darkness.Happy Sunday all the same!!!!
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 8:23am On Feb 21, 2016
Joshthefirst:

Very funny seun.

Unfortunately without God all you have is meaninglessness. Your very existence and the existence of this forum is idi.otic and without purpose. We're all a cosmic accident. It is meaningless and idiot.ic to try to make a better life. It is meaningless and idiot.tic to hope for human advancement. It is meaningless and idiot.tic to teach your children and see them grow. Because existence itself is meaningless.

Here's one proof of God's existence: The fact that life itself is wired to survive and have purpose is proof.

If you think it isn't, then there's no need to react to this post, or to even be on nairaland. The best thing to do is to shut down nairaland and hang yourself.

Even self gratification is meaningless.

Meaning can only be found within a context. In the cosmic scale of things, meaning might be hard to grapple with but in our day to day lives, we can identify goals and purposes that get us moving.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 8:46am On Feb 21, 2016
Zenzu01:

* There is an existence of a Supreme Being known as God but yet no religion is able to really explain the activities of God or who God is but they just believe in his existence only because they feel they have no other option.
The working of God is entirely different from the way people paint it to be, even religions have not helped

This existence you talk about, don't you think it ought to be substantiated? Otherwise it is as well a religious dogma. The common path taken to prove the existence of this singular being is identify this being as an intelligent designer and the Universe as his handiwork, otherwise there is no other foot print of this being.

Human experience exposes us to at least one intelligent designer that is us humans. And through our role as intelligent designers, we extrapolate God's role to be similar to ours. Don't you think so?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Joshthefirst(m): 11:10am On Feb 21, 2016
Kay17:

Meaning can only be found within a context. In the cosmic scale of things, meaning might be hard to grapple with but in our day to day lives, we can identify goals and purposes that get us moving.
What goals and purposes can transcend a physical cosmic accidental existence? Tell me? What hope do you have of the future? What is the purpose of your goals, and what meaning can you find in life without God and divine Justice and immortality?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Joshthefirst(m): 11:32am On Feb 21, 2016
Kay17:

This existence you talk about, don't you think it ought to be substantiated? Otherwise it is as well a religious dogma. The common path taken to prove the existence of this singular being is identify this being as an intelligent designer and the Universe as his handiwork, otherwise there is no other foot print of this being.

Human experience exposes us to at least one intelligent designer that is us humans. And through our role as intelligent designers, we extrapolate God's role to be similar to ours. Don't you think so?
No.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 11:48am On Feb 21, 2016
Joshthefirst:
What goals and purposes can transcend a physical cosmic accidental existence? Tell me? What hope do you have of the future? What is the purpose of your goals, and what meaning can you find in life without God and divine Justice and immortality?

If the Universe is going to be here for a billion years and compared to that, a man has a lifespan of a maximum of 100 years. Of what importance would a cosmic purpose have that an earthly purpose cannot fulfill?!
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Zenzu01(m): 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2016
Kay17:

The working of the Almighty (God) is evident in our daily activities, just that we as human being don't make enough efforts to hear the whispers from the handiwork of the Creator..
I will highlight few points to support my claim on the existence of a Supreme being (God).

* According to the standard theory (which is also the big bang theory), our universe sprang into existence as "singularity" around 13.7 billion years ago. What is a "singularity" and where does it come from? Well, to be honest, we don't know for sure. Nobody has been able to tell us calculatively how the prompted (what prompted) the bang.
They are thought to exist at the core of "black holes." Black holes are areas of intense gravitational pressure. The pressure is thought to be so intense that finite matter is actually squished into infinite density (a mathematical concept which truly boggles the mind). These zones of infinite density are called "singularities." Our universe is thought to have begun as an infinitesimally small, infinitely hot, infinitely dense, something - a singularity. Where did it come from? We don't know. Why did it appear? We don't know.
The simple answer here is that all these happened through the effect of the power from God through forms of radiation enamating from Him(God)..

This is just one of the numerous proof to show the existence of God but I can't type all because it may become hard for you all to read.. But you may refer to any part of my writing for more explanation or scrutiny...
Thanks
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2016
Zenzu01:

The working of the Almighty (God) is evident in our daily activities, just that we as human being don't make enough efforts to hear the whispers from the handiwork of the Creator..
I will highlight few points to support my claim on the existence of a Supreme being (God).

* According to the standard theory (which is also the big bang theory), our universe sprang into existence as "singularity" around 13.7 billion years ago. What is a "singularity" and where does it come from? Well, to be honest, we don't know for sure. Nobody has been able to tell us calculatively how the prompted (what prompted) the bang.
They are thought to exist at the core of "black holes." Black holes are areas of intense gravitational pressure. The pressure is thought to be so intense that finite matter is actually squished into infinite density (a mathematical concept which truly boggles the mind). These zones of infinite density are called "singularities." Our universe is thought to have begun as an infinitesimally small, infinitely hot, infinitely dense, something - a singularity. Where did it come from? We don't know. Why did it appear? We don't know.
The simple answer here is that all these happened through the effect of the power from God through forms of radiation enamating from Him(God)..

This is just one of the numerous proof to show the existence of God but I can't type all because it may become hard for you all to read.. But you may refer to any part of my writing for more explanation or scrutiny...
Thanks

You might believe I give a great deal of weight to the Big Bang theory, in fact I do. Yet your conclusion that the singularity whencefrom the Universe sprang out of, is God, is outside the boundaries of the theory.

I can only conclude your conclusion was speculative. At worst a dogma which you beg me to believe.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Zenzu01(m): 4:10pm On Feb 21, 2016
Kay17:

You might believe I give a great deal of weight to the Big Bang theory, in fact I do. Yet your conclusion that the singularity whencefrom the Universe sprang out of, is God, is outside the boundaries of the theory.

I can only conclude your conclusion was speculative. At worst a dogma which you beg me to believe.

I don't beg you to believe anything I say. But I want to tell you that any discussion of the Big Bang theory would be incomplete without asking the question, what about God? This is because cosmogony (the study of the origin of the universe) is an area where science and theology meet. Creation was a supernatural event. That is, it took place outside of the natural realm. This fact begs the question: is there anything else which exists outside of the natural realm? Specifically, is there a master Architect out there? We know that this universe had a beginning. Was God the "First Cause"?

here are a few observations to consider as you begin your search for an objective answer:

* Discoveries in astronomy have shown beyond a reasonable doubt that the universe did, in fact, have a beginning. There was a single moment of creation.

* Advances in molecular biology have revealed vast amounts of information encoded in each and every living cell, and molecular biologists have discovered thousands upon thousands of exquisitely designed machines at the
molecular level. Information requires intelligence and design requires a designer.

* Biochemists and mathematicians have calculated the odds against life arising from non-life naturally via unintelligent processes. The odds are astronomical. In
fact, scientists aren't even sure if life could have evolved naturally via unintelligent processes. If life did not arise by chance, how did it arise?

* The universe is ordered by natural laws. Where did these laws come from and what purpose do they serve?

* Philosophers agree that a transcendent Law Giver is the only plausible explanation for an objective moral standard. So, ask yourself if you believe
in right and wrong and then ask yourself why. Who gave you your conscience? Why does it exist?

* People of every race, creed, color, and culture, both men and women, young and old, wise and foolish, from the educated to the ignorant, claim to have personally experienced something of the supernatural. So what are we supposed to do with these prodigious accounts of divine healing, prophetic revelation, answered prayer, and other
miraculous phenomena? Ignorance and imagination may have played a part to be sure, but is there something more?..

If you are able to look into this question keenly and objectively, you will see for your self that God is an important factor in the formation of the life we all enjoy..
Thanks.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 7:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
Zenzu01:

I don't beg you to believe anything I say. But I want to tell you that any discussion of the Big Bang theory would be incomplete without asking the question, what about God? This is because cosmogony (the study of the origin of the universe) is an area where science and theology meet. Creation was a supernatural event. That is, it took place outside of the natural realm. This fact begs the question: is there anything else which exists outside of the natural realm? Specifically, is there a master Architect out there? We know that this universe had a beginning. Was God the "First Cause"?

Your theological addition to the Big Bang theory is at best speculative. There are a number of speculative scenarios that can account for the Singularity, no necessity forces us to concede to a God. Neither does your speculation satisfy us that God is the immediate cause for the Singularity. We can easily assume layers of causes preceding the Singularity

There are a few observations to consider as you begin your search for an objective answer:

* Discoveries in astronomy have shown beyond a reasonable doubt that the universe did, in fact, have a beginning. There was a single moment of creation.

The Big Bang theory which we are talking about already claims the Universe has a beginning. Such beginning does not automatically mean it's a creation. To mix up a beginning to mean creation is a flaw in thought.

* Advances in molecular biology have revealed vast amounts of information encoded in each and every living cell, and molecular biologists have discovered thousands upon thousands of exquisitely designed machines at the
molecular level. Information requires intelligence and design requires a designer.

My earlier observation answers this.

Kay17:

The common path taken to prove the existence of this singular being is identify this being as an intelligent designer and the Universe as his handiwork, otherwise there is no other foot print of this being.

I would further say, to prove a foot print on a beach is human, you must have an idea of what a human foot looks like and how it imprints on sand. Since every footprint is not human. Similarly to prove God's footprint, we have to know what it looks like. Before you credit any creation or object to God, you have to show an indisputable prior example. Therefore an extrapolation of God's creativity from human creativity is important.

* Biochemists and mathematicians have calculated the odds against life arising from non-life naturally via unintelligent processes. The odds are astronomical. In
fact, scientists aren't even sure if life could have evolved naturally via unintelligent processes. If life did not arise by chance, how did it arise?

Similar to what I have addressed above.

* Philosophers agree that a transcendent Law Giver is the only plausible explanation for an objective moral standard. So, ask yourself if you believe
in right and wrong and then ask yourself why. Who gave you your conscience? Why does it exist?

* People of every race, creed, color, and culture, both men and women, young and old, wise and foolish, from the educated to the ignorant, claim to have personally experienced something of the supernatural. So what are we supposed to do with these prodigious accounts of divine healing, prophetic revelation, answered prayer, and other
miraculous phenomena? Ignorance and imagination may have played a part to be sure, but is there something more?..

If you are able to look into this question keenly and objectively, you will see for your self that God is an important factor in the formation of the life we all enjoy..
Thanks.

Philosophers hardly agree on one thing. And hardly do they agree on morality. But let's suspend the discussion on morality and revelation a bit later. We will come back to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply)

2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Absent From Sharon's Wedding? (Photos) / Did you know that Pull Out Game Is Sinful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.