Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna (51469 Views)

How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. / This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED / How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by laidian(m): 5:21am On Jun 03, 2015
A cartel in Minna, the Niger State capital, has turned National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) orientation camp into a recruitment ground for “young prostitutes.”

The cartel, according to findings, consists of elitist group; politicians, journalists with the active connivance of some NYSC officials, who approve the requests of the cartel to post selected female Corps members to a particular government agency, boards and parastatals.

The unsuspecting female Corps members soon succumb to their wishes after promises of not only posting them to Government House or choice areas with mouth-watering incentives, including furnishing house for them to stay throughout the duration of their one year national service for sexual satisfaction.

Selected/recruitied Corps members by the cartel from the Paiko NYSC Camp are always included on the list of those posted to serve in the Protocol Department, Government House to cover their tracks, the source said.

As a way of rewarding the girls, parties to celebrate birthdays by each of them are organised if they wished, end of their service year is usually celebrated for them as they are quickly replaced with new intakes almost immediately by the cartel, the source said.

To avoid the prying eyes of unsuspecting public, the male partners under the cover of being part of the Government House Corpers’ lodge behind the Idris Legbo Kutigi International conference centre, Minna visit their partners in the unholy act at odd hours.

Investigations reveal that the dislodgement of the journalists and their politician collaborators from the Government House Corpers’ Lodge began when they started having issues among themselves and their activities became an open secret. This, the source said, almost cost one of the protocol officers in government house his job.

Reacting to the developments in an interview, Niger State NYSC coordinator, Mr. Steven Ehoda-Adi, said that he was not aware of any such cartel existing in the state.

Steven however told our correspondent that the NYSC in the state ensures proper documentations for Corps members deployed to government and recognized corperate organizations when it becomes absolutely necessary with reasons in accordance with the laws establishing the NYSC.

Steven however added that the NYSC has little or no control over the private life of Corps members. He said, “I am not aware of any cartel recruiting Corps members for the purpose of prostitution. I am rather shocked hearing that some of your colleagues, journalists are actively involved in this unholy act”.

www.dailyindependentnig.com/2015/06/nysc-members-recruited-prostitution-minna/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by babyfaceafrica: 5:31am On Jun 03, 2015
Nysc needs change!!!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by Sleekydee(m): 5:50am On Jun 03, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Nysc needs change!!!!
Change!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by highmood(m): 6:03am On Jun 03, 2015
What can I say? This has been in existence for long. But for them to have graduated from the university, they are assumed mature to accept or decline any offer that is morally wrong. If they keep calm, then I believe they love it and I have no issue with that.

119 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by 7footre(m): 6:06am On Jun 03, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Nysc needs change!!!!
Nope! NYSC needs to be totally scrapped it's a waste of a year

127 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 03, 2015
I don't know but I feel it's the other way round. Most governors in the states use their locals to get to corpers.

For instance, serving in Kogi state..they made sure it was the locals beautiful girls that hung around us, helped us around town etc. Those gals hung around us so much most corpers started falling for them...but not me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 03, 2015
7footre:

who is this dog making noise here? Seems you haven't gotten ur call-up number so you're just venting your anger. Bitter child. Fyi; nysc is the only decent thing from nigeria. My best experience so far was from my nysc days; the sense of adventure, the hustle etc was all worthwhile

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:14am On Jun 03, 2015
Nobody, I repeat nobody can recruit any adult, a university graduate for that matter into prostitution without their consent.

Most times, it boils down to greed. Must they serve in government houses?

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by stinggy(m): 6:15am On Jun 03, 2015
My take;
Those involved are full-grown adults. They partake in it out of their own freewill, so I wouldn't blame the cartel much sef. They weren't forced, they made their choice and they aint doing it for free btw undecided

liberty300:
I don't know but I feel it's the other way round. Most governors in the states use their locals to get to corpers.

For instance, serving in Kogi state..they made sure it was the locals beautiful girls that hung around us, helped us around town etc. Those gals hung around us so much most corpers started falling for them...but not me

Tell me the whole truth pal, your secrets are safe with me tongue

11 Likes

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by LEvuls(m): 6:19am On Jun 03, 2015
Choices has to been made and which one did.

You can give an educated or sane man food but u can't tell him how to eat his food.

Next

1 Like

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 03, 2015
7footre:
Seconded.

9 Likes

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by Emphany: 6:30am On Jun 03, 2015
Please correct dat "in Minna",kindly change to "in Nigeria" thankz.

8 Likes

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by femmy2010(m): 6:36am On Jun 03, 2015
My guess is The recruits were already into prostitution before.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by Emphany: 6:38am On Jun 03, 2015
liberty300:
who is this dog making noise here? Seems you haven't gotten ur call-up number so you're just venting your anger. Bitter child. Fyi; nysc is the only decent thing from nigeria. My best experience so far was from my nysc days; the sense of adventure, the hustle etc was all worthwhile
And wat year was dat? U open your mouth calling sm1 a dog. I'm presently serving to end nxt month,and 80% of us wants it scrabbed... If u are benefiting frm NYSC one way or the other,i suggest u kp ur mouth liquid to yourself n shut dat smelling door.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by TeamSimple(m): 6:41am On Jun 03, 2015
Prostition is rated 18+,and I believe they aint below that rating. So what's the deal?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by baybeeboi: 7:04am On Jun 03, 2015
liberty300:

how you no go distant urself?

Yeye d smell.
Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 03, 2015
I s l a m a b a d nids change

1 Like

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by eightsin(m): 7:12am On Jun 03, 2015
All of them join!! Hustle and bustle. Life must be soft.
Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by zicoraads: 7:18am On Jun 03, 2015
What is this? Which newspaper is this? Is this news? This is common practice in the whole world. Were they threatened or coerced into a posting in government circles?

They knew what they were getting into and willingly got into it. No big deal!

1 Like

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by hallibay: 7:26am On Jun 03, 2015
presently serving in kontagora, niger state, and i must say this trend have become a menace over here. the minute a government official or a military officer sees a corper (female) the next instinct is to employ every tactic in the book to get in her pants. A corper posted to my PPa last week did not even stay 5 minutes before the dogs came crying for her numba. i guess it just boils down to every corper to try preserve the integrity and dignity of this scheme, male corpers inclusive cause your poops holes are also endangered.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by kay29000(m): 8:01am On Jun 03, 2015
Hmm! You would be surprised that it is actually the girls that hustle for this postings. Some girls will kill for postings like that, so I don't think the Government house people are really totally to be blamed. And, any girl that has graduated from University is mature enough to make decisions for herself. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by amichaelz101(m): 8:03am On Jun 03, 2015
I was here grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by folabayo1(f): 8:03am On Jun 03, 2015
Wetin eye no go see for dis country shocked
But Baba is here grin
Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by Flashh: 8:03am On Jun 03, 2015
liberty300:
who is this dog making noise here? Seems you haven't gotten ur call-up number so you're just venting your anger. Bitter child. Fyi; nysc is the only decent thing from nigeria. My best experience so far was from my nysc days; the sense of adventure, the hustle and free sex etc was all worthwhile
I think you don't have any sense in your brain... How does the guy deserve insult in his post?

Must you insult to make a point?

I think you are the bittered nuisance here.

I have helped you add what you derive from NYSC that makes you throw tantrums.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by dridowu: 8:03am On Jun 03, 2015
Good Morning Nigerians
NYSC members are 18+ , so they are adult, meaning they are responsible for their action.
It is a matter of Yes/No
Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by xmileeasy: 8:04am On Jun 03, 2015
It's a distasteful state. Some men will still marry this ladies unknowingly.
Re: How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna by DEGREE2466(m): 8:05am On Jun 03, 2015
I refuse to believe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Gives N10,000 To Corpers Who Passed Out Today In Imo State / Kano Corper Who Returns A Favour To A Maize Seller, Gets A Call From NYSC DG / Photo Of Two Corpers Kissing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.