Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,681 members, 7,801,962 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews (14066 Views)

Exciting Things To Do At Whispering Palms / Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. / A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by blacnewton(m): 9:39am On Jun 03, 2015
Pls is there anyone in the house that has been to whispering palms in badagry? I really want to go there with my girlfriend and their website is not really helping matters. I would like for you to share your experiences. The gate fee and other hidden charges, what to expect from the place amongst others. Thanks a lot guys.
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by GogetterMD(m): 10:10am On Jun 03, 2015
It's a great recreation facility. Serene also. They have a pool, a mini Zoo, the blue ocean, boat ride, a bar, chalets for rent, etc. Gatefee is what I can't remember.
La campagne Tropicana is another great resort on the other end of Lagos, though a tat more expensive
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by blacnewton(m): 10:19am On Jun 03, 2015
GogetterMD:
It's a great recreation facility. Serene also. They have a pool, a mini Zoo, the blue ocean, boat ride, a bar, chalets for rent, etc. Gatefee is what I can't remember.
La campagne Tropicana is another great resort on the other end of Lagos, though a tat more expensive

Yeah I've been to La Campagne, its darn too expensive. How much is the gate fee at Whispering Palms and does the gate fee cover all these activities you listed above? Thanks
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by GogetterMD(m): 10:57am On Jun 03, 2015
blacnewton:

Yeah I've been to La Campagne, its darn too expensive. How much is the gate fee at Whispering Palms and does the gate fee cover all these activities you listed above? Thanks
The gatefee at Tropicana should be enough to have a good time for one person at Whispering Palms
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by motherheart: 4:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
heard the place is so beautiful
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by blacnewton(m): 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2015
motherheart:
heard the place is so beautiful
I heard so too.
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by ogadriva(m): 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2015
yes its really beautiful.. The local are the best guild..They will show you around..
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by sherrylo: 12:06am On Jun 04, 2015
ogadriva:
yes its really beautiful.. The local are the best guild..They will show you around..

What locals?

@Op its a nice place but if you are coming from a very far place den it's not worth it.

The last time I was there the gate fee was I think 2k for the two of us in the car and that's been some years ago and the single room in case you want to pass the night starts from 15k then.

The distance from the express way to Ilado-Imeke-Iworo down to Epee was the Whispering palms is is very long and the road to the place is not very good.
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by blacnewton(m): 10:15am On Jun 04, 2015
sherrylo:

What locals?

@Op its a nice place but if you are coming from a very far place den it's not worth it.

The last time I was there the gate fee was I think 2k for the two of us in the car and that's been some years ago and the single room in case you want to pass the night starts from 15k then.

The distance from the express way to Ilado-Imeke-Iworo down to Epee was the Whispering palms is is very long and the road to the place is not very good.

Hmm. Thanks for the info. And I guess the 2k you paid does not cover all activities like the boat ride, the mini zoo amongst others? My budget is like 10k for the two of us. Do you think that'd be enough to have fun there? Thanks.
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 04, 2015
dont just waste your time going there, its nothing to talk about...too far and bad roads...and the place itself is a shadow of its self
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by mrsage(m): 11:56am On Jun 04, 2015
blacnewton:

Hmm. Thanks for the info. And I guess the 2k you paid does not cover all activities like the boat ride, the mini zoo amongst others? My budget is like 10k for the two of us. Do you think that'd be enough to have fun there? Thanks.

I have more interesting idea. Go for a Packaged tour of Erin ijesha waterfalls.
Theres one coming up from june 27th to 28

Its a trip from Lagos to Erin Ijesha plus feeding, transport, tour guide, hotel etc

Its also affordable

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by semanose: 5:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
It is more interesting if one goes as a group. In my last visit 2 weeks ago, we were 100 in number. For two people the place is a bore. Forget the zoo: Only a baboon. Swimming pool okay. Water side cool. Boat riding is like 2k for four people (no one wanted a ride because we were not sure of the boats). Museum deserted. There are faciliies for activities such as badminton, volley ball and football. There's is a bar too.
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by blacnewton(m): 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
semanose:
It is more interesting if one goes as a group. In my last visit 2 weeks ago, we were 100 in number. For two people the place is a bore. Forget the zoo: Only a baboon. Swimming pool okay. Water side cool. Boat riding is like 2k for four people (no one wanted a ride because we were not sure of the boats). Museum deserted. There are faciliies for activities such as badminton, volley ball and football. There's is a bar too.
Hmm... Thanks a lot for this review. But how much is the gate fee?
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by blacnewton(m): 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
mrsage:

I have more interesting idea. Go for a Packaged tour of Erin ijesha waterfalls.
Theres one coming up from june 27th to 28

Its a trip from Lagos to Erin Ijesha plus feeding, transport, tour guide, hotel etc

Its also affordable

How much is it?
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by blacnewton(m): 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
igwemoagbo:
dont just waste your time going there, its nothing to talk about...too far and bad roads...and the place itself is a shadow of its self

When last were u there?
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
Gate fee is N500
If you need a quiet relaxing place away from hustle and bustle then its suitable
Its far, but driving down there can be part of the fun
I would recommend it, but with 10k it will have to be a day return trip as the chalets are more expensive than that
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by mrsage(m): 8:59am On Jun 07, 2015
blacnewton:

How much is it?

Single N20,000. Couple N35,000 ( package includes Hotel Accommodation, Transportation, Feeding, tour guide and entry fees).

You can also sign up via dealdey.com
Re: Has Anyone Been To Whispering Palms At Badagry? I Need Reviews by blacnewton(m): 9:20am On Jun 07, 2015
mrsage:

Single N20,000. Couple N35,000 ( package includes Hotel Accommodation, Transportation, Feeding, tour guide and entry fees).

You can also sign up via dealdey.com

Ok that's cool

(1) (Reply)

Flooding: Australian Government Warns Nationals Against Travelling To Nigeria / Lagos Warns Residents Of Lekki, Ajah, Others Of Imminent Flooding / FG Reopens Eko Bridge In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.