Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch (33360 Views)

APC Lists Buhari’s Achievements Despite Report Of Economic Recession / APC Lists N440bn Fraud Cases Against Jonathan Govt / S’west Lawmakers Dump Tinubu’s Senate Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by Chigold101(m): 10:09am On Jun 03, 2015
The National Working Committee of the All Progressives Congress held a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday night and listed some criteria for the Senate presidential candidate.

Our correspondent gathered from reliable sources at the meeting that the NWC, among others, agreed that the Senate President must come from the geopolitical zone with the second highest number of votes, after the North-West, at the Presidential election held on March 28.

The meeting, it was further learnt, agreed that the next Senate president must not have any corruption charges hanging on his or her neck and should be one of the most ranking senators in the current Fourth Republic.

A senator who attended the meeting told our correspondent that the meeting also mandated the executive members of the party to, within three days, present a consensus candidate for the post of Senate president based on the listed criteria, during the inauguration of the Eight Senate.

The two gladiators currently contesting the office of the Senate President are Senators Bukola Saraki ( Kwara Central ) and Ahmad Lawan ( Yobe North ).

A group, Like Minds Senators, working for the emergence of Saraki as Senate president, two weeks ago, compiled a list containing the names of 34 APC Senators-elect, who had endorsed him as the consensus candidate for the post.

But there was a confusion a week later when another group, Senate Unity Forum, addressed journalists in Abuja and claimed that 40 APC Senators-elect had endorsed Lawan as their concensus candidate.

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-lists-criteria-for-senate-presidential-candidate/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by Rexceedo: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2015
I'll paddle to sambisa if APC clinch the seat!
I see division in place of Change in the Party. All in virtue of Sen. David Mark....

As a Nairaland Conformist I no go forget sey na ftc I be ooo...
Dedicate it to my Chill State- Enugu..
Bubbling it up with Laye-Kiss Daniel...
To my Excellency Gburu-Gburu! More grease to ur elbow despite huge debt incurred by ur antecedent- Barr. Sullivan Chime... No distant time EFCC go remember him.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by Chigold101(m): 10:11am On Jun 03, 2015
I wish APC makes a mistake & PDP retains senate presidency.

I wish to see what it means to have the executive & senate coming from two different parties.

If wishes na horse... Men!!! Almajeris will surely own many...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by cutesmilez(f): 10:11am On Jun 03, 2015
ok
Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by agarawu23(m): 10:13am On Jun 03, 2015
give us the best.

that's all .

1 Like

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by moufan: 10:14am On Jun 03, 2015
bye bye saraki, the north east produced the second largest vote for apc, so it looks like lawan might get it

2 Likes

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by midolian(m): 10:15am On Jun 03, 2015
Ahmed Lawan, The new senate president.. *The gods have spoken!* cool

4 Likes

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 03, 2015
I give apc 3 months to divide and scatter to pakistani, where dey will never return

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by OkutaNla: 10:15am On Jun 03, 2015
Saraki ambition don end be dat, if true undecided

His camp and suppoerters' response would be critical. My advice is that they accept the decision in good faith, afterall the NC is where Mark the erstwhile president is from (same as Saraki), this line of thought would suggest that the NE should be given a chance too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by Ohammadike: 10:16am On Jun 03, 2015
ls the national working committee the elected senators that they have meddle in their affairs.

l won't be surprised lf sarki's group throws their support for David Mark

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by Iroh88(m): 10:17am On Jun 03, 2015
Very boooring news. #yawns...
Next...
Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by Young03(m): 10:23am On Jun 03, 2015
Woke up from sleep...yawn

and fall back to bed...

Na dem sabi
Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by OkutaNla: 10:24am On Jun 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I give apc 3 months to divide and scatter to pakistani, where dey will never return

Are you Noodle-brain Okupe? Coz you just sounded like him cheesy

30 Likes

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by Chigold101(m): 10:25am On Jun 03, 2015
agarawu23:
give us the best.

that's all .
if they wanted to give you the best, they would not have added any form of condition...

3 Likes

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by agarawu23(m): 10:26am On Jun 03, 2015
Chigold101:
if they wanted to give you the best, they would not have added any form of condition...
you can't just present anyhow Senate president

3 Likes

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by CR77(f): 10:28am On Jun 03, 2015
Is that there final answer?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by Rexceedo: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2015
OkutaNla:

Are you Noodle-brain Okupe? Coz you just sounded like him cheesy
See dullard! Na ur type no even get council legislator dy yab man wey don achieve all achievable

2 Likes

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by IbileArmy(m): 10:29am On Jun 03, 2015
Sometimes when
I'm home alone, I like to go completely naked,
wear a massive condom over my whole body, roll
around in mud and pretend I'm an earthworm.

3 Likes

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:29am On Jun 03, 2015
Irrespective of who will be the next senate president, selfless service is the most important thing.

For your latest and quality stone coated roofing tiles (Bond, Classic, Shingle, Roman, Shake) from DS Rooftile, South Korea.

Call/Whatsapp Lanre: 07036136517.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by xmileeasy: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2015
I will choose competence and experience over any criteria

1 Like

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by chamboy(m): 10:29am On Jun 03, 2015
Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by Sunnycliff(m): 10:30am On Jun 03, 2015
Let's see if the Winner Haa all these outlined
Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by dotna(m): 10:30am On Jun 03, 2015
The conditions may be compromised
Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by iykebesbt1(m): 10:31am On Jun 03, 2015
I hope who ever happens to be the eventual winner will try and uphold truth and not to play puppet to anybody.
Also,they should try and avoid Muslim,Muslim,Muslim in President,Sen President and Speaker. Give Christians a sense of belonging.
Long live both religions!
Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by barry40: 10:31am On Jun 03, 2015
Credible criteria are welcome

1 Like

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by Chiefpriest1(m): 10:31am On Jun 03, 2015
This is like shifting the goal post in the middle of the game. APC must be seen to be fair to all.

Let the best man win the race,but you can't change the rules of the game just to suit your whims because you support a candidate from there

1 Like

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by Chigold101(m): 10:31am On Jun 03, 2015
moufan:
bye bye saraki, the north east produced the second largest vote for apc, so it looks like lawan might get it
if they scheems Saraki out, then it means that PDP might retain the senate presidency.

Because saraki group might decide to back David Mark & Ike Ekweremadu out of anger.

Remember that PDP already has 45 members while APC has 59. Therefore if 15 APC senators get angry plus the other 4 from other parties. PDP returns will be the result.

1 Like

Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by dunkem21(m): 10:31am On Jun 03, 2015
Now, the real politics begin ..

PDP you have the ace ..play the cards ..

Its Saraki or DAVID MARK! .

..Peeps christened me JOSHUA with T.B. grin
Re: APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch by HonourablePomk: 10:31am On Jun 03, 2015
APC be careful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦120m, Cars To Nigerian Government / Abia: Ikpeazu’s Removal Stands, Says Federal High Court / Simon Ekpa Condemn's Ipob DOS For Today's Sit At Home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.