Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:55 AM

Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss (15803 Views)

Godwin Emefiele – Financial Guru Or Lucky Mugu - Naira Insider / 7 Habits Of Successful Entrepreneurs. / Are Entrepreneurs Born Or Made? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by francizy(m): 10:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
dearpreye:
Cc: Truck.pusher,400b.illionman, INDES.TRUCTABLEX, Francizy, idey.kwum......

By saying both, I mean they can be born or made... Nothing like lucky there.. Because one can be faced with opportunities like picking up free $50,000-$100,000 (like in the case of fraud or some other scenario) but if that person doesn't have an entrepreneurial mindset, s/he will waste all that cash and start hunting for another free money..

Born because some of them don't go to business schools or learn any entrepreneurial skills but by just being tact in how they spend and stuffs, they make it big (good example is the undereducated wealthy guys in big markets like Lagos island market, BBA, ASPAMDA, computer village, Alaba International, Wuse, Main market, etc).

Made because some need some certain level of training and formal education in order to be better business men/women..

dearpreye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Mykelpato(m): 12:24am On Jul 25, 2015
This is one of the best thread I have seen so far... Entrepreneurs are born, they're also made.
Environment, life experience and the will to make a change in their life, is also another factor.

#pls I want to be seeing threads like this one.... I'm a future Entetprrnuer . Happy to see u fellas here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Kangol99(m): 3:25am On Jul 25, 2015
Am an entrepreneur, made not born an entrepreneur. Which category do you belong to?

Maybe this can help us to understand better those who are born or made. But i believe those that are made entrepreneurs are more than those that are born entrepreneur.

Which one are you, made or born entrepreneur??
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by xtreme07(m): 3:29am On Jul 25, 2015
What a thread....
I learnt alot.

God bless the OP for this wonderful piece.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by xtreme07(m): 3:35am On Jul 25, 2015
Kangol99:
Am an entrepreneur, made not born an entrepreneur. Which category do you belong to?

Maybe this can help us to understand better those who are born or made. But i believe those that are made entrepreneurs are more than those that are born entrepreneur.

Which one are you, made or born entrepreneur??
they are both born and made.

I came across a similar topic some months back and my perception about life takes a u-turn.

In my own case, they are made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by MightySparrow: 4:06am On Jul 25, 2015
All
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by kossyablaze(m): 6:57am On Jul 25, 2015
Adaobi12:
Following....
Adaobi na enwu oku!Mkpogi iga aza mu?Gini ka iji asa aru?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Ifebazz(m): 8:30am On Jul 25, 2015
hahn:

The fact that they were born into rich families doesn't guarantee them success in the future. Wealth can be lost and mishandled
Exactly, just like being born poor does not guarantee such. Nor does it even give them the opportunity to meet the big wigs that the rich kids do.
So bottom line is, the three things are involved in every sphere of life of entrepreneurs.
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by hahn(m): 9:30am On Jul 25, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

LOL... yes, a very twisted POV.. then again research has found that many CEOs and entrpenuars are psychopaths

Easy bro. I'm a CEO myself tongue
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 25, 2015
kossyablaze:
Adaobi na enwu oku!Mkpogi iga aza mu?Gini ka iji asa aru?
premier
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by VcStunner(m): 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
Opiosko:
Those books u read that changed ur thinking, were u forced to read them or drawn to read them cos u are subconciously (inherently) wired that way?
I like the last part of ur sentence, there is more to what our subconcious get us attracted to than we hardly admit or pay attention to. And most times play the major role in the delay for our success. Self realization is key
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by kossyablaze(m): 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
Adaobi12:
premier
Jesus!Ahu gi enweru na ashine like dis?hmmmm biko kedu ebe ino?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by 400billionman: 8:21am On Jul 26, 2015
Bj5all:
entrepreneurs are not born, they are made. what made it seems so that entrepreneur are born is because most business men teach their children at a very tender age the rudiment of business. some of them are even recruited into the family business at a very tender age. when they grow up, all they see and think about is business. unlike the children of civil servants, they advice their children to work hard in school and get a good job with job security.
Both children think and see life differently. if u are from the second class of family, even when u have the money, making ur first transaction is like passing through the eyes of the needle.

But as Donald Trump will always say, making ur first 1 million is the hardest.

if not for the kind of job I got after School and the books I have read and still reading, nothing will have made me think of starting a business.

You have to make urself an entrepreneur.

Making a first million is not hard, but growing from a million to a billion is the hardest.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by darmochy1(m): 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
400billionman:

Making a first million is not hard, but growing from a million to a billion is the hardest.
Making the first million is the hardest. All it takes to make billions is just to rinse and repeat what made you the millions in the first place.
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by 400billionman: 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
darmochy1:

Making the first million is the hardest. All it takes to make billions is just to rinse and repeat what made you the millions in the first place.

Every man talks from his own viewpoint.

I am sure the original comment coming from Donald Trump was referring to million dollars. In Nigeria, we are talking about million naira. In either case both countries have their applicable scenario.

Guy, here in Nigeria, salary earners like bankers, oil workers, civil servants and even businessmen are millionaires, however how many of them enter the billion naira mark?

What made you a millionaire may never make you a billionaire. It will take one in a thousand chances for a millionaire to become a billionaire. Earning salary of N2m per year, selling onions in Araria, motor spare parts at Zuba market can make you millions. Even selling banana. Think again, hitting a billion is meant for one out of one thousand millionaires. With this analogy, which one is harder?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by 2sex(m): 7:52am On Jul 28, 2015
To Buttress 400billionman's point make $6000 and you are in the Millionaire mark in naira already.

Can you make 1Million Dollars and how?

Another thing to note is that making millions is easy with God's grace but what about maintaining it? That's one problem as I have poor money management habit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Go About Debt Recovery From A Woman Old Enough To Be My Mother / Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others / Payhippo Raises $3 Million In Seed Funding To Extend Quick Loans To SMEs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.