Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? (8450 Views)

Divorce Rumours Trail Aisha Buhari’s Criticism Of Her Husband / EXCLUSIVE | Divorce Rumours Trail Aisha Buhari’s Criticism Of Her Husband’s Govt / President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
These days, there have been rising complains by supporters of President Muhammadu Buhari and APC with respect to the rising criticisms that has greeted the President and his government. According to some of these Buharists, "it is too early to criticise Buharl". Some others even called for a 100 Days grace for the administration. Some even went ahead to tag critics as "haters" of the President(or even his tribe).
Let us be sincere with ourselves, is there any justification for this early criticisms?

Public Asset Declaration Criticism:
Buhari pledged to declare publicly declare his asset while campaigning. Many people saw that as a step to enshrine transparency in government. Days after taking office, one expects the President and his Vice to send a copy of their asset declaration to the public in addition to the mandatory declaration with the code of conduct Bureau(CCB). But what did we get? The President and his Vice not only streamlined their declaration to CCB, their spokesperson Shehu Garba further went ahead to state that the CCB declaration also covers public declaration. Is there anything that Buhari and Osinbajo are hiding from the public? I believe it is patriotic to call a leader to act in line with his pledge rather than condone insincerity.

Timpre Sylva Case Withdrawal Criticism:
President Buhari prior to his election was seen as a non-nonsense anti-corruption czar. While campaigning he pledged not to interfere with ongoing corruption cases against any official. Rather than continue the "ongoing" N2.5b corruption trial against his ally and former Bayelsa state Governor Timpre Sylva, his Director of Public Prosecution notified the court to withdraw the case against the subject. Is it out of place to criticise the move of the President and question his anti-corruption rhetoric? Was he elected to withdraw charges?

Mrs Aisha Buhari Watch Criticism
Buhari has been wearing the toga of a modest, sincere and incorruptible ex-General. In fact, he came out to tell the world on how he begged for bank loan to secure his N27m APC Presidential form because he had less than N1m in his account. His wife Aisha was also photographed as "identifying" with the poor by "helping" a woman to fry akara during the electioneering period. The revelation that the wrist watch that she wore on the day of her husband's inauguration is worth N10.5M sent shock to Nigerians. How can the wife of a "poor" General wear N10.5M watch? How many collection of those does she have? Is Buhari and his family deceiving us? What are their asset? All these questions rang through the minds of people. Is it out of place to voice our concern? Even the Constitution mandates public officers to declare assets of their spouse(s) and their Children that are 18years and above to the CCB. Is the call for Aisha's asset declaration not legitimate? Didn't late Yaradua declare the Asset of Turai?

Non Visitiation of Maiduguri Blast and Onitsha Tragedy Scenes Criticism:
Bomb blast rocked Maiduguri, Borno state on May 29 and 30, till date neither President Buhari nor his Vice has visited the scenes to at least condole with bereaved and sympathise with victims. There was a tragedy in Onitsha, Anambra state where almost a hundred people were burnt to death. Neither the President nor his Vice were at the scene to condole with the people of the state on their loss till this date. The Vice President would rather go to Sudan to witness the inauguration of the re-elected Sudan's President. What message are they sending? President Segun Obasanjo visited Ikeja Cantonment a day after the 2001 blast at the cantonment. President Jonathan was usually on scenes of incidents be it Bomb blast, Plane crash in Lagos or any other tragedy. Sometimes his Vice Sambo appear on his behalf.
What stops President Buhari or VP Osinbajo to at least visit one of the tragedic scenes? Didn't we all criticise exPresident Jonathan for attending to a rally 24hrs after the Yobe attack? Is it now unfair to ask our leaders to sit up to their responsibilities?

The Flawed 100Days and 30Days Timeline
Many buharists argue that Nigerians should allow the government a 100 day grace. The truth is that No SECTION of our Constitution or any act that talk about 100days. Governance starts from the day of inauguration and assessment start simultaneously. Some said we allow CCB verify the President/VP assets for 30 days, but again their is no provision where the law mandate CCB to publish to the public assets as declared after 30 days "verification" period. The CCB on verifying will gazette it and it will remain a secret document except a court warrant says otherwise.

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
The Greece Example
Let us take our mind to what's going on in Greece.
Then opposition leader Alexis Tsipras had promised to end a 5year austerity that the then incumbent Government were implementing.
On Sunday, January 25, 2015 his (Alexis Tsipras) party swept to victory defeating the incumbent by a landslide. He was subsequently sworn in the next day as the Greek's PM amid joy. Many Greeks were expectant of an end to austerity. In fact, people organised solidarity rally in favor of austerity removal on Feb 15. But 9 days later (Feb 24), the New PM instead of ending austerity in line with his promise, agreed new austerity deal. Immediately, Greek people expressed their opposition saying it wasn't part of the mandate they gave the New Leadership. They even came out two days later to stage protests and clash with security agencies.
[url]uk.businessinsider.com/greeces-far-left-is-already-rioting-protesting-against-syriza-2015-2?r=US[/url]
The Greek people never blamed the defeated party as being behind the protest. The Government never termed protesters as "haters", neither did anyone made demand for any "100" Days or said it was "too early". It was very simple, the people were angry because the government acted outside their promise.

Why should the APC supporters and Buharists blackmail us as "haters"? Does holding leaders accountable translate to hate? Is it out of place for the APC crews to tell their leaders to do what is right? Should we all remain silent? What wrong have we done?

May God Bless Us All

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by DropShot: 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
I have always suspected you as a hater and you're proving it.

1. Public Asset Declaration Criticism: To declare his assets and to encourage his political appointees to do same was contained in his pladge of what to do within 100 days in office. Has he first declared as required by law with CCB? Yes. Has 100 days passed without declaring publicly as he promised? No.

2. Timpre Sylva Case Withdrawal Criticism: From my understanding of this case, it is persecution by GEJ. If not, why couldn't he bring Sylva to justice since 2012 that he has left office? Why were the rest officials charged with Sylva left off the hook? That aside, what DPP did was to retain the case/prosecution that has progressed better and withdraw the one lagging. So, you are being economical with the truth to say that the president has withdrawn the case since Sylva still has the same case with EFCC.

3. Mrs Aisha Buhari Watch Criticism: Mrs Buhari was a private person as at the time she wore the said watch. As such, it shouldn't bother sane and sensible people how much she bought it even if her husband was poorer than we think/know. How are we sure of the price of hers when there are replica for less than 300 dollars? Could the watch not have been a gift?

4. Non Visitiation of Maiduguri Blast and Onitsha Tragedy Scenes Criticism: Another cheap shot here. The president cannot visit every tragedy sites. He promptly condemned both incidences and that should be enough for those who are sincerely patriotic.

5. The Flawed 100Days and 30Days Timeline: You don't have to give 100 days to start criticizing the government but criticize issues, policies and steps. Not none issues as you haters are fond of.

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by SOUPF: 1:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
Not everybody is hating,just be objective in your criticism,thats all...
"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart.The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of PEACE"-----Carlos Santana.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
DONT MIND THE HYPOCRITES.DEM NEVER SEE ANYTHING YET

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by PassingShot(m): 1:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
If you like hate and hurt. It is your prerogative.

DropShot:

1. Public Asset Declaration Criticism: To declare his assets and to encourage his political appointees to do same was contained in his pladge of what to do within 100 days in office. Has he first declared as required by law with CCB? Yes. Has 100 days passed without declaring publicly as he promised? No.

2. Timpre Sylva Case Withdrawal Criticism: From my understanding of this case, it is persecution by GEJ. If not, why couldn't he bring Sylva to justice since 2012 that he has left office? Why were the rest officials charged with Sylva left off the hook? That aside, what DPP did was to retain the case/prosecution that has progressed better and withdraw the one lagging. So, you are being economical with the truth to say that the president has withdrawn the case since Sylva still has the same case with EFCC.

3. Mrs Aisha Buhari Watch Criticism: Mrs Buhari was a private person as at the time she wore the said watch. As such, it shouldn't bother sane and sensible people how much she bought it even if her husband was poorer than we think/know. How are we sure of the price of hers when there are replica for less than 300 dollars? Could the watch not have been a gift?

4. Non Visitiation of Maiduguri Blast and Onitsha Tragedy Scenes Criticism: Another cheap shot here. The president cannot visit every tragedy sites. He promptly condemned both incidences and that should be enough for those who are sincerely patriotic.

5. The Flawed 100Days and 30Days Timeline: You don't have to give 100 days to start criticizing the government but criticize issues, policies and steps. Not none issues as you haters are fond of.
Bro, you tried but ... where you get your moniker from? cool Do you play tennis?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Ohammadike: 1:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
#BabaOneChance never chim chong ching.More than 100 hundred and he still travelling and leaving his dogs to bark boko haram will soon die
Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 03, 2015
This is pure nonsense...

1. Which public Asset Declaration are you refering to when Buhari's Spokesman has closed the chapter by saying that "Buhari/Osinbajo have fulfilled their pledge"?

2. What do you mean "GEJ Persecuting Sylva"? Is Buhari now the Judge? Why can't he allow the trial and let the judge decide? This is pure endorsement of corruption

3. Read above and comprehend. I can't repeat myself

4. Four inciddents happened and Buhari or his VP never bothered to visit any site? Why do you think Bush visited ground zero? Was Obama clueless for visiting hurricane site? Was Obj clueless for visiting Ikeja Cantonment? Was GEJ clueless for visiting bomb blast sites and plane crash sites? Was Obj clueless to visit PH during the 2005 crash?

Your write-up is pathetic and hypocritical at best.

I'm done with you on this
DropShot:

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by RobinHez(m): 1:20pm On Jun 03, 2015
right!
Like someone once pointed out....people will try to paint this government in a good light at all cost, its already failing and the first days in office is more crucial than the last days..if theyshow signs of seriousness from day one, we all would know that they mean business.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by agarawu23(m): 1:20pm On Jun 03, 2015
barcanista don come again embarassed
Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Mogidi: 1:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
Anyone expecting us not to criticise the govt had better emigrate, its not going to happen.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by chamboy(m): 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
Barcanista Tho... Abeg make I go watch "House of Change"
Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Mynd44: 1:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
cheesy

I had to edit it. Was not fair
tongue

1 Like

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Princecalm(m): 1:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
as for the watch, nobody can still prove if she bought it with her own money or it was a gift.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Mogidi: 1:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
Brilliant article from the one and only barcanista. This boy tooooooooo much.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by dave2meek(m): 1:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
This is why i like Barcanista... More grease to your elbow mangrin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
chamboy:
Barcanista Tho... Abeg make I go watch "House of Change"
agarawu23:
barcanista don come again embarassed
My Chairmen wetin I do na?
Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2015
Mogidi:
Master, abeg easy o. I still loyal...But seriously it is annoying whenever pro-APC people use the "haters" term to blackmail critics of the government. Should all of us "fall in line"?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by obi4eze(m): 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2015
Mogidi:
gringrin

The same person you spit on?

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Mogidi: 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
When are we supposed to start debating the points barcanista raised?

1.Public Asset Declaration

2.Timpre Sylva Case Withdrawal

3.Mrs Aisha Buhari Watch

4.Non Visitiation of Maiduguri Blast and Onitsha Tragedy Scenes

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by SOUPF: 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
barcanista:
Has there been non-objective criticism so far? If yes, can you be specific?
Please dont read my post from a political angle,read it from a peace angle...I am not for any post that triggers violence,the use of harsh words,name callings,i just want brilliant contributions devoid of hate..you get?Thanks. wink

1 Like

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Mogidi: 1:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
obi4eze:

gringrin

The same person you spit on?

You must agree he's on song with his articles, a "must read".

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by obi4eze(m): 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
barcanista:
Master, abeg easy o. I still loyal...But seriously it is annoying whenever pro-APC people use the "haters" term to blackmail critics of the government. Should all of us "fall in line"?
Are you not a hater?
Before PMB came on board you wrote silly and useless articles about him and APC.
He has just come and you are still ranting. All the time you spend ranting on useless issues could be spent rebuilding your 'dead' party.

Well, I don't blame you. After all, you said that PDP was dead and buried.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
RobinHez:
right!
Like someone once pointed out....people will try to paint this government in a good light at all cost, its already failing and the first days in office is more crucial than the last days..if theyshow signs of seriousness from day one, we all would know that they mean business.

Indeed, governance is a very serious business. We can't allow room for broken promises and white painting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Mogidi: 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
[s]
obi4eze:

Are you not a hater?
Before PMB came on board you wrote silly and useless articles about him and APC.
He has just come and you are still ranting. All the time you spend ranting on useless issues could be spent rebuilding your 'dead' party.

Well, I don't blame you. After all, you said that PDP was dead and buried.
[/s]

Please try not to derail. Anyway when are we supposed to start debating the points barcanista raised?

3.Mrs Aisha Buhari Watch

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by agarawu23(m): 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
barcanista:
My Chairmen wetin I do na?

.Public Asset Declaration (gej didn't declare his own so why the hate?

Timpre Sylva Case Withdrawal ( don't tell me Jonathan didn't grant your ppl presidential pardon)

Mrs Aisha Buhari Watch (mama peace sun glasses worth more than her wristwatch)

Non Visitiation of Maiduguri Blast andOnitsha Tragedy (gej was dancing skelewu after abuja bombing,)

tell us more undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Mogidi: 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
cc:lalasticlala, ishilove, obinoscopy, seun
Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2015
SOUPF:
Please dont read my post from a political angle,read it from a peace angle...I am not for any post that triggers violence,the use of harsh words,name callings,i just want brilliant contributions devoid of hate..you get?Thanks. wink
I can't remember anybody calling for violence. Why not face the issue rather than pre-empting one?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Mogidi: 1:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
[s]
agarawu23:

.Public Asset Declaration (gej didn't declare his own so why the hate?

Timpre Sylva Case Withdrawal ( don't tell me Jonathan didn't grant your ppl presidential pardon)

Mrs Aisha Buhari Watch (mama peace sun glasses worth more than her wristwatch)

Non Visitiation of Maiduguri Blast andOnitsha Tragedy (gej was dancing skelewu after abuja bombing,)

tell us more undecided
[/s]

Buhari promised a new direction, we're here to remind him of his promises. Stop campaigning, the election is over.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by BlackTechnology: 1:48pm On Jun 03, 2015
Mogidi:
When are we supposed to start criticising the points barcanista raised?

3.Mrs Aisha Buhari Watch

Now today

Yorubas have being scammed

Education is not wisdom

APC= Chain

GEJ the best President Nigeria ever had

This change will hunt and hurt SW grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
Maybe I should alert Lalasticlala and Ishilove?

Mogidi:
When are we supposed to start debating the points barcanista raised?

3.Mrs Aisha Buhari Watch

Mogidi:
[s][/s]
Buhari promised a new direction, we're here to remind him of his promises. Stop campaigning, the election is over.
Some posts deserve to be ignored, just like the one you quoted. How can someone in his right senses make such a comment?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? by Mogidi: 1:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
@Passingshot
When is it the appropriate time to debate the deficiencies of this govt?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Court Summons AGF, EFCC Over Yari’s Property / Gov Akeredolu Signs Judicial, Legislature Autonomy Bills Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.