Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,014 members, 7,806,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job (53287 Views)

Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview / He Wants To Quit His Multinational Job For Yahoo Yahoo....pls Advice / Lessons From His Job Test Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 04, 2015
oladimejiX:
Dear Sir,

Was hoping to bring up this discussion later this week, but after receiving notification of salary payment for May yesterday, payment which looks to have been taxed, contrary to our verbal agreement of 80,000 after tax, its imperative i bring this up and since it looks like you might not be in the office today i decided to send it as email, i apologize for the inconvenience.

Sir, after four months (Feb-May) of working, it has become obvious to me that i cannot cope with the pay and the logistics of the job for the following reasons.

1. coming to work everyday and closing by 5pm (making me get home very late) even when there is no IT support work to do, making me sit out the whole day like a receptionist .

2. doing admin jobs (filling invoices, taking cheques to bank, attending to generator etc.) and running errands (including going to buy drink for your son) all of which are not part of an IT support person's job.

3. unconducive work environment. (i use my computer, i use my internet, office is always hot)

Sir, managing with all of the reasons i have given above would have been a lot easier if was getting paid enough to do it, but for a contract non permanent job i am taking a pay cut to do, it is not workable.

Don't mind the sooo called big men....na everybody wan run company.....nonsense
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by menshealth1234: 7:40am On Jun 04, 2015

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by GbengaJimoh(m): 7:41am On Jun 04, 2015
He's clearly frustrated grin
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by jaydee87(m): 7:51am On Jun 04, 2015
ikukuhero:
80,000 naira and u are complaining? Okay, my sister lives at Agege area, ( mainland) and goes to work everyday close to Epe ( after Ajah on the island). Her salary is 69,000 naira per month. She has her BSc and MSc and certifications. She leaves home 5am and returns 10pm each day. She is a contract staff. She recently asked for a pay raise but was insulted and told to leave if she wished as she'll be replaced in 24 hrs. So, Mr. Man, manage ur 80,000 but get a plan B asap. Good luck ! Life in Nigeria is tough.
really ur sis is an inspiration but if I ask for a pay rise and I was insulted mehn na to find another place be that
cos they neva wanted my growth...
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 04, 2015
oladimejiX:

you really think its a bad decision?
read well sir. he only said if the person don't have an alternative before quitting is a bad decision. but I bet he do
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Acidosis(m): 8:05am On Jun 04, 2015
There is nothing wrong in going to the bank, and attending to generator in your place of work. I do it all the time to make money and keep my business moving.

It becomes unacceptable when its against the terms of contract.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by beyoncausme: 8:17am On Jun 04, 2015
hahaha

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by HopeAlive14(m): 8:21am On Jun 04, 2015
E be like say today na day of resignation news for NairaLand.

Wish you all the best in your future jobs.

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by adeleyesodade(m): 8:21am On Jun 04, 2015
Nice one grin grin
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Danyl(m): 8:24am On Jun 04, 2015
Chukwutobi:
given the reasons stated, it is a nice move. however, if OP doesn't have an alternative, then it is a bad decision.
this isn't a bad decision at all. I face more than this in a fed. govt commission. I know.most ppl dont believe this until they are in the system. resignation is becoming the order of the day now so its in order... I wish d OP success in his endeavors.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by ewizard1: 8:47am On Jun 04, 2015
lomodele:

I wonder if u are ever employed, or may be u are just the lazy type dat preferred being payed for nothing or maybe u just don't knw wat employment contract is

Thats the Boss the letter was delivered to.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Omotayor123(f): 8:47am On Jun 04, 2015
he he he he he !!!!!!! Some Boss be like:-

" Ile Olowo ni Eje Talaka ma Gbe si" ( Someone should help me translate that) tongue
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by judges: 9:09am On Jun 04, 2015
their is no problem, if their is no alternative. ie their is problem is their is alternative
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by maxman10(m): 9:13am On Jun 04, 2015
You better have a plan B. Else, you are signing for a very harsh time bro.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by 0Edward0(m): 9:27am On Jun 04, 2015
ITbomb:
I hope he has a plan B before quiting.

Rule 3: Never quit a job in anger. If you must go plan your exit for at least two months while behaving like all is well

Common Sense, please where are Rule 1 and 2, quote me abeg

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by dljbd1(m): 9:48am On Jun 04, 2015
oladimejiX:
Dear Sir,

Was hoping to bring up this discussion later this week, but after receiving notification of salary payment for May yesterday, payment which looks to have been taxed, contrary to our verbal agreement of 80,000 after tax, its imperative i bring this up and since it looks like you might not be in the office today i decided to send it as email, i apologize for the inconvenience.

Sir, after four months (Feb-May) of working, it has become obvious to me that i cannot cope with the pay and the logistics of the job for the following reasons.

1. coming to work everyday and closing by 5pm (making me get home very late) even when there is no IT support work to do, making me sit out the whole day like a receptionist .

2. doing admin jobs (filling invoices, taking cheques to bank, attending to generator etc.) and running errands (including going to buy drink for your son) all of which are not part of an IT support person's job.

3. unconducive work environment. (i use my computer, i use my internet, office is always hot)

Sir, managing with all of the reasons i have given above would have been a lot easier if was getting paid enough to do it, but for a contract non permanent job i am taking a pay cut to do, it is not workable.

Trust me, I did a whole than these for 45k. To the extent that I became a driver for him, his wife and his kids. Even on one occassion which made me rethink my life was when I became a driver for their housemaid. It can be frustrating. I feel you pain. I was working as IT officer.

Thank God I'm in a far better place now.

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 04, 2015
kelvine:
I share your views all the way. So sure the OP hasn't started picking real bills, most probably still getting free food and accommodation at home.
As an I.T professional he should have used his Laptop and internet to trace his way to his next level.

is pple like u dt find it difficult in life. say no to slavery. If u don't look up u w go down or remain in d same Spot like a stagnant water body. I did what dz guy did coz my job is on hot demand. it's pple llke u dt begs for job dt w aprc8 modern day slavery in present day nigeria.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 04, 2015
I 'quit' my very first job experience at a call center by taking 15 to get some chai at a Starbucks across the street, and never returning. I walked out of the Starbucks with a piping hot aromatic chai, gazed across the street at the call center, and turned on my heel with an unexpected flourish. It was at that precise moment I knew I wouldn't be going back. It was as if my body and every fiber of my being was repulsed at the idea of taking another step towards my intended destination. The rest of that day turned out to be a pretty awesome day for me save for the tinge of guilt I felt at not giving any sort of notice, and for ignoring their subsequent calls. I've since made it a point to give to ample notice to my employers.

Were it possible to have taken that step and done things differently, I wouldn't have burned that bridge. I would've waited until I could procure a better position before I quit. Especially since I was 17 and determined (and maybe a tad bit snooty at that age tbh) not to work in the fast-food and retail industries (which is what most of my peers were doing) to gain the much-needed work experience, references, etc. It would be a while before I found a suitable, more satisfying job opportunity.

Although a letter affords more notice and explanation than out and out leaving, I feel it's more something you wrote for yourself than for your employer. And I personally would've advised you seek and find another job before quitting.

2 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by kulgee001(m): 10:22am On Jun 04, 2015
naijainfogalery:
I pity who ever wrote this. people like that hardly succeed in life.
Imagine someone compalining of waiting till 5pm to go home, were you not paid to stay from 8am to 5pm?
The person is even lucky the salary came on time, and even if you guys verbally agree on 80k after tax what still holds is what is in your offer letter , so another letter wil have to be done to enforce that
work environment - well i wont say much on this -

The realities of Life will dawn on the guy after waiting for months before getting another job

This is rather demoralising.

He doesn't sound lazy so I don't think he'll regret his decision. He feels he deserves better and actually wants to do what he is employed to do. He should be commended for this brave move not condemned.

@OP, never settle if you feel you deserve and can do better. All the best!

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by TruthisOut: 10:34am On Jun 04, 2015
Chief stop complaining and start planning. I have never been in your shoes but I know for sure that people complain no matter how much they are paid. I earn a lot of money from my job but sometimes I contemplate resigning when my boss talks to me in a way I don't like.

As long as you are working for someone, some days are not uhuru - no job is all sweet! Stop complaining!

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by naijainfogalery: 10:35am On Jun 04, 2015
I think he is just looking for a justification for his actions, if you are an employee you will understand better. Some Nigerian graduates can be annoying, if an organisation isnt making use of your full potential, you speak with the employer or get yourself busy, But did you see his complaints, they dont allow him to leave work before 5 even if there is nothing to do, the office is always hot , the reason why he is angry is because of the salary cut. its obviously his first job, after they promised to pay you 80k, experience should tell you that tax will be deducted, then after you got in you want the full 80k.
kulgee001:

This is rather demoralising.

He doesn't sound lazy so I don't think he'll regret his decision. He feels he deserves better and actually wants to do what he is employed to do. He should be commended for this brave move not condemned.

@OP, never settle if you feel you deserve and can do better. All the best!

1 Like

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Timijo(m): 10:53am On Jun 04, 2015
Can you imagine that my phone fell inside pot of indomie as I am reading comments?
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by wacoj(m): 11:21am On Jun 04, 2015
It is only a good decision quitting a job if you have an alternative else how do you pay ur bills?
I was once employed to work as an Accountant with a private organization in 2007 with a salary 0f 35k.
Only for me to resume and noticed the work was not just accounting job only.

I was in charge of stock, site supervision, carrying staff to site (driver), running errands for oga's wife,
paying NEPA bills for oga's residence and it got to time i was the one driving oga's son to school.

The worst was that i worked Monday to Saturdays, public holidays including good Fridays, NO LEAVE till DEC 21st each year.
There was no time for myself for anything but i managed it to enable me feed myself.

Not too long after, i got a better job that gave me time for myself and today i am a chartered Accountant with good pay...
GODWIN

3 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by ekefre4(m): 11:39am On Jun 04, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Imagine someone compalining of waiting till 5pm to go home, were you not paid to stay from 8am to 5pm?
The person is even lucky the salary came on time, and even if you guys verbally agree on 80k after tax what still holds is what is in your offer letter , so another letter wil have to be done to enforce that

The realities of Life will dawn on the guy after waiting for months before getting another job

Its people like you that makes employers think they are doing us a huge favor by paying us crumbs
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by naijainfogalery: 11:45am On Jun 04, 2015
By the time you start your own business you will understand - Most people are just lazy, i wish we can also hear from his employer . That dude sounds lazy .
ekefre4:
Its people like you that makes employers think they are doing us a huge favor by paying us crumbs

2 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by debbydee(f): 12:04pm On Jun 04, 2015
OP aint you lucky you are earning 80k. I earn less than 50k with several years experience.
Despise not the days of little beginning. I remember when i was working for an institute the Woman will ask me to buy moi moi for her or start cleaning office windows or sweep floors. I never complained. Why? its not easy but i had to do it.

#justbewise
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by olatricia(m): 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dear Mr. Writer. With much regards to your opinion, I honestly beg to differ staunchly at your view. To me, such mentality of yours is not that of a professional (infact a learned fellow) but that of a civil servant. One, i want you to know that you and your employer are in a mutual relationship, he employed you to do what he can ordinarily do and you accepted the offer because you have need what he can pay. You are both rendering value to each other. So either of you can decided to stop the flow of value based on the initial deed you both have in the engagement letter. You can't employ me to offer you an I.T. service and keep me sitting from money till evening doing absolutely nothing, to make it worse, you send me on ridiculous errands, NO!. I'll quit because practice brings specialization, by the end of 6 months i'll be worse off than I was wen you employed me. No challenge, no responsibility automatically no growth! To me, I see reason in the guy's complaints because he was not complaining primarily about money, he was complaining about the intrinsic factor that makes one happy at one's job. I resigned a computer operation job in year 2006 because my boss will ask me to take sponge and soap wash his car, wash the lister generator every morning and his son will even tell me the gen still has oil stains! Never. I resigned and got a job with a smaller pay and was there till i gained admission, i became a better computer operator when i was leaving i could type 60 wpm. You should not trade your self esteem for money. Even if you earn 10k and you are fulfilled with what you are doing then you are better that way. 2. Don't let the fear of the unknown keep you from moving on. If you are good at what you do and you are confident of yourself, as bad as Nigeria is, your chance will come (its now left for you to nail it.) My advice to the guy is this, Plan your exit. At my former office, I should give a 1 month notice of resignation, i gave 3 months, and saved up enough money that will last me feeding for atleast 3 months, by sept. i stoped working, 3 months i search for a new job. January I started a new job with a better challenge and a better pay. Financially, am not better off but professional, i know what i ve acquired. So brother, follow your dream, don't be afraid of launching into the deep, its always better out there!

naijainfogalery:

3 Likes

Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by Zubair123: 12:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
Bros, from ur comment. "You don't know the value of what you have until you lose it. If only you know how many slackers will kill to have your job. Hey! At least you get paid on time. No salaries in arrears? If you don't like it, start looking for another one. In all, don't forget that a bird at hand is worth more than ten in the bush" i disagree with this ur last statement that " a bird at hand is worth more than ten in the bush" IT HAD CHANGE TO A BIRD AT HAND IS THE ONLY BIRD"
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by oladimejiX: 2:05pm On Jun 04, 2015
The one information not included in the mail is the expertise of the person that wrote the letter and the number of years of experience he has and the relationship he has with the Boss in question.
and from what i know, the person is an highly experienced IT person, has 5 years experience and has worked with the boss 4 years ago and a level of flexibility was expected but that was not the case.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by olatricia(m): 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
5 YEARS EXPERIENCE PAID 80K NO WONDER HE IS SO FRUSTRATED. ITS TIME TO MOVE MY BRADA!
oladimejiX:
The one information not included in the mail is the expertise of the person that wrote the letter and the number of years of experience he has and the relationship he has with the Boss in question.
and from what i know, the person is an highly experienced IT person, has 5 years experience and has worked with the boss 4 years ago and a level of flexibility was expected but that was not the case.
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by oladimejiX: 2:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
babosky2008:
this letter is inspirational. I have just modified the template and forward to my Pakistani boss. my plan b just worked out] at d right time. thank you jesus. below is the template
Dear Sir,i am hoping to bring up this discussion later this week, but after receiving notification of salary payment for May yesterday, payment which looks to have been short by R1000, contrary to our verbal agreement of R21,000. its imperative i bring this up and since it looks like you might not be in the office today i decided to send it as email, i apologize for the inconvenience.
Sir, after two months of doing the work (April-May) , it has become obvious to me that i cannot cope with the pay and the logistics of the job for the following reasons.

1. coming to work everyday and closing by 5pm and sometimes 5.30 and 6pm occasionally (making me get tired) .

2.attending to high traffic of patients load without any apreciation. the work in your surgery is minimum of 1800 rands a day for any dr.
You have taken enough advantage of me on the ground that I was not registered, but remember I was doing the work of a registered dr....if not better.while you were being paid the consultation fee of a registered dr.
Sir, coping with all of the reasons i have given above,it would have been a lot easier if i was getting paid enough to do it, but for a locum non contract, non permanent ,just a verbal job i am taking a low pay to do the work of 2 to 3 drs it is not workable.
on this premise, I have quit your job.thanks for the opportunity. ..much to your advantages.
Remember, I tried to bring dz to your notice few weeks ago that I cannot do your work at R20,000 that the R21,000 was just for a trial but you rebuffed me.
you can use the payment of 1st,2nd and 3rd of june to cover the house rent of 1800. I will send the keys to the apartment through dr.s.o..
glad the post inspired you
Re: See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job by oladimejiX: 2:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
ikukuhero:
80,000 naira and u are complaining? Okay, my sister lives at Agege area, ( mainland) and goes to work everyday close to Epe ( after Ajah on the island). Her salary is 69,000 naira per month. She has her BSc and MSc and certifications. She leaves home 5am and returns 10pm each day. She is a contract staff. She recently asked for a pay raise but was insulted and told to leave if she wished as she'll be replaced in 24 hrs. So, Mr. Man, manage ur 80,000 but get a plan B asap. Good luck ! Life in Nigeria is tough.

haba that is outrageous oh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Job Conditions Man Gave To Ex-Corper (Photos) / You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call / 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.