Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 - Sports (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 (108356 Views)

Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (4 - 0) U-20 World Cup On June 4th 2015 / Nigeria Vs Brazil (2 - 4) U-20 World Cup On June 1st 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by chinchum(m): 11:05am On Jun 07, 2015
Who knows if hungary qualified as 1 of the 4 best losers who placed 3rd. I think they should make it with 3points and +1 goal difference.

If they qualify as best loser, hungary will play germany and not Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by pazienza(m): 11:08am On Jun 07, 2015
MORNDEW:

must you show ur stupidity anyehere u go? Like they told u this is not politics section where ur stupidity of unecessary tribal madness reign supreme. Help urself.

Ewu! I have noticed you. You can now bounce.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by Bowaley17(m): 11:10am On Jun 07, 2015
mikron:
3am early Monday morning
Are u sure. Cos someone told me its 9pm on monday.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by chidexxy007(m): 11:11am On Jun 07, 2015
Emperortj93:
I foresee two goals for awoniyi in this match
guy oil dy ur head..... go open church 4 u, ur prophesy correct pass some so called prophet wey predict our election.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by 360command: 11:12am On Jun 07, 2015
Na Godwin!
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by pazienza(m): 11:13am On Jun 07, 2015
mijestic:
I think Kelechi reacted angrily to being substituted because he felt he was not being played in the right position and yet not being given time to prove himself. Still not a good reason to flare up anyway. My point is, how does a well endowed team like chelsea or Real madrid get managed? by efficient tactical rotation! Did you all hear what the Hungary U20 coach said after the game against d FE?He said he wanted to give all his players opportunity to prove themselves against top teams in preparation for the knockout stages hence he rested about five first team starters. So it means we played our first team (according to Manu) against the B team of Hungary and managed to score two goals which was the result the opponent wanted anyway. See tactics! This match was a perfect opportunity for Manu to have tried fresh legs but what did he do? He allowed emotions get the better of him. Iheanacho is simply not well managed in the team and has not been given ample playing time so what miracle do we want him to perform? Manu does not know how to manage top stars. Imagine Yahaya after his impressive showing against Brazil on the bench, Iheanacho on the bench, Simon on the bench, even our ever efficient top striker Isaac on the bench. Some have not even played at all: Chidera Eze, and Nwakali have been with the team weeks before the tournament began but where are they? On the bench! It's not even a matter of blaming few players for the brazil loss, the coach is not tactically alert; does not know how to manage players. Why did Manu start Iheanacho and Isaac in the first game? He recognizes who they are- WORLD CLASS but by the time his tactics failed against a more technical side, he thought he should gamble with another eleven. When that team scored four against a weak North Korea side, he stuck with them. Typical nigerian mentality! Its also very likely that this coach now prefers exposure of his less known players like Bulbwa and Godwin to good team management. Simon himself confessed in an interview before the Hungary match that no player likes to sit on the bench but it's up to the coach to field him. Whether we like it or not, these guys on the bench will go back to their clubs and perform.

Now this is a good analysis, devoid of innate tribal sentiments repackaged to deceive the naive and gullible.

A billion likes for you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by MORNDEW(m): 11:16am On Jun 07, 2015
pazienza:

Ewu! I have noticed you. You can now bounce.
see the speed u replied me with i pity those who join you in misbehaving here cos u hav no oda hobby than showing tribal stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by 360command: 11:17am On Jun 07, 2015
Bowaley17:
Are u sure. Cos someone told me its 9pm on monday.
na God win
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by Werbung(f): 11:27am On Jun 07, 2015
AFRICAN CHAMPIONS NIGERIA BATTLE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE cry cry cry
by WERBUNG

The Flying Eagles recorded six points from three matches to finish second behind Brazil, who won the group after they beat North Korea to tally the maximum

Taiwo Awoniyi gave Nigeria the lead in the 33rd minute, when he finished off a low drive by Godwin Saviour from the right flank.

Awoniyi doubled the advantage after 54 minutes, when he cashed in on a defensive mix-up to round up the Hungary goalkeeper Gyorgy Szekely for his second goal of the tournament.

Hungary took the early attacking initiative, but it was it was Nigeria that really threatened after Godwin Saviour shot narrowly missed target after 12 minutes.

The Hungary goalkeeper then pushed to corner a goal-bound shot by Kingsley Sokari in the 14th minute.

Two minutes later, Bernard Bulbwa saw his promising pile driver also deflected for a corner.

Awoniyi was denied a goal by goalkeeper Szekely, who saved his header from inside the six-yard box.

The gangling striker could have completed his hat-trick on 59 minutes, but he could not direct shot on target when he was faced with an open goal.

Minutes later, he combined beautifully with leftback Mustapha Abdullahi but the flowing move was thwarted for a corner.

Sokari’s shot on 75 minutes from inside the box was too weak and too direct to trouble the goalkeeper.

Late substitute Moses Simon threatened the Hungary when he came on, but the Flying Eagles had already done enough to carry the day.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by Werbung(f): 11:32am On Jun 07, 2015
and i and i hope that the dark continenate will not disgrace his very poor people,
bcus footbll is all what they have.

you have to shame the very rich nation. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by steppin: 11:33am On Jun 07, 2015
MORNDEW:

see the speed u replied me with i pity those who join you in misbehaving here cos u hav no oda hobby than showing tribal stupidity.
You attacked him first and expected him to keep quiet.
Look at Santori's posts(except the 2nd to last) he argued with sense and did not insult pazienza. But you came in and started throwing insults around like a small child.
Grow up!
Mijestic analysis makes so much sense.
Manu Garba finds it difficult to manage bigger players and that's why he sticks to players he's been using.
It has nothing to do with the players performance.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by MORNDEW(m): 11:38am On Jun 07, 2015
steppin:

You attacked him first and expected him to keep quiet.
Look at Santori's posts(except the 2nd to last) he argued with sense and did not insult pazienza. But you came in and started throwing insults around like a small child.
Grow up!
Mijestic analysis makes so much sense.
Manu Garba finds it difficult to manage bigger players and that's why he sticks to players he's been using.
It has nothing to do with the players performance.
big child is tribalism a good thing? Answer me.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by eitsei(m): 11:49am On Jun 07, 2015
pazienza:

Now this is a good analysis, devoid of innate tribal sentiments repackaged to deceive the naive and gullible.

A billion likes for you.
had it been dat Hungary won d match d coach wouldn't say dat he would say something else,
ok now what if they fail to win against Serbia? what will the Hungarian coach say then?
to your analyst who said manu garba didn't know how to manage stars......did iheanacho perform convincingly in the first match to deserve more playing time? what do you think would have happened if the coach kept faith in iheanacho after the first match and gave him more playing time and he didn't improve his game and we failed to qualify what would your analyst have said then? i know he will blame the coach that why did he continue using iheanacho who only joined the team few days to the start of the tournament and have not trained with them for a long time? no player is bigger than the team! and they are not messi or ronaldo who don't play only when they are injured or need rest.
The coach is simply doing his job and only the fear of Germany made the guy talked like that and I see this team beating Germany and what next after that we will see

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by chinchum(m): 11:51am On Jun 07, 2015
Hungary, New zealand, Senegal, and Uruguay are the top 4 losers.

each of these teams will play 4 of the 6 group leaders.

A 3rd placed team faces a group leader. , also 4 of the 6 2nd placed team will face 2nd placed team of other groups.

I dont think it is certain yet, Nigeria is playing Germany.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by successinlife: 12:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
pazienza:

A billion likes for you.

You missed it brother. I am not taking anything away from your opinion because we are all entitled to our various opinion.Why do we claim to know more than the coach of the team?why do you think your tactics is better than the tactics used by the coach?there is no point blaming the coach my brother,can anybody question Jose Mou or other top class coach(es) on players selection?please let this man be,we can't all be the coach or have our way at the same time.What of if iheanacho,isaaac,simon et all are not available or any of them injured?won't the team move on?were all these guys at the AYC in senegal?to win a competition you need a stronger bench,even you need your bench to be stronger than your best eleven.There are more matches to go before the final so lets hope the better players will be fielded at the coach's discretion.Best of luck to the flying eagles.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by lusciouslex: 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
Icon4s:

Matching fixing what? I am talking abt worst possible case for Nigeria to qualify u are talking abt match fixing and gambling angry
How does your candid opinion affect my account balance?
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by steppin: 12:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
MORNDEW:
big child is tribalism a good thing? Answer me.
Still with the attitude! When you learn to ask nicely, you may get an answer. But for now, you go wait for long for that answer.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by pazienza(m): 12:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
successinlife:

You missed it brother. I am not taking anything away from your opinion because we are all entitled to our various opinion.Why do we claim to know more than the coach of the team?why do you think your tactics is better than the tactics used by the coach?there is no point blaming the coach my brother,can anybody question Jose Mou or other top class coach(es) on players selection?please let this man be,we can't all be the coach or have our way at the same time.What of if iheanacho,isaaac,simon et all are not available or any of them injured?won't the team move on?were all these guys at the AYC in senegal?to win a competition you need a stronger bench,even you need your bench to be stronger than your best eleven.There are more matches to go before the final so lets hope the better players will be fielded at the coach's discretion.Best of luck to the flying eagles.

I am not against Iheanachor being benched, no one is indispensable, we all want the team to win after all.

I am simply against turning Iheanachor to a scapegoat for the Brazil loss and overly criticism towards him that was almost turning to bashing.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by safarigirl(f): 12:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
chinchum:
Who knows if hungary qualified as 1 of the 4 best losers who placed 3rd. I think they should make it with 3points and +1 goal difference.

If they qualify as best loser, hungary will play germany and not Nigeria.
Hungary will play Serbia, but Nigeria is playing Germany mos def
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by 9jatatafo(m): 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
Going through some comments here is sickening. Why are some of us here saying this present crop of FE are not good? Some are even saying they are as old as 40. We should watch what we say. The boys tried and I am happy they won. Those of you beefing don't watch their next game period.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by chinchum(m): 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
safarigirl:
Hungary will play Serbia, but Nigeria is playing Germany mos def

ok, i have confirmed it, the 3rd placed best 4 losers are only pitted against Group A, B, C, D winners. unfortunately Nigeria is in group E, we cant escape playing a group winner.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by successinlife: 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
pazienza:

I am not against Iheanachor being benched, no one is indispensable, we all want the team to win after all.

I am simply against turning Iheanachor to a scapegoat for the Brazil loss and overly criticism towards him that was almost turning to bashing.

I have not seen anywhere people castigate him for our loss to Brazil.The coach tactical approach almost cost us qualification.If the group had included another graft team we would have lost out and go home like the Argentine.Did you know that Argentina draw against Panama sent the team home?they fail to beat Panama and now hope to beat Ghana because they underrate Ghana,our match against Brazil should have been threaded with caution,that is-either we win or we play to draw.What we fail to realise is that Iheanacho is abundantly talented and he is known more than the other players in the team,hence he may be out marked,Success and Yahaya are two players with high ego & a bit selfish.

Which formation are we to play with, Taiwo,Success,Yahaya,Iheanacho,Sokari/Godwin,Musa,Bello,Abdulahi,Bulbwa? is it 6-2-2 or 7-1-2? because all these guys are attack minded,they all burst forward and expose their midfield and defense,this is what killed us against Brazil.If we do same against Germany we will be punished. I think the coach has learn't their lessons.God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by coreseam: 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
S9me people have ingrained tribalism into the core of their lives.
how on earth would somebody say criticism against Ihenacho is based on which divide of the niger he is from.

na wa for some people sef.
just keep all the tribal stuff in the politics section abeg. this is sports section. biko.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
hmmmm........ facing Germany
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by princejayboss: 12:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
pazienza:

Taa! Go and sit down. Here is not political section, so you lots should remember that and try a bit more to hide you tribal tendencies.

Manu got his team selection, formation and tactics wrong against Brazil. And then few individuals poor performance at decisive stages of the match compounded the issue, ie Enaholo was ridiculously poor, Muhammad or so was piss poor, Awoniyi missed key decisive goal chances.

But you all have conspired to place it all on Iheanachor head, with some of you insinuating that the team is playing better without him, as if to
say Iheanachor was the one that instructed Enaholo to be poor keeper that day and Awoniyi to be a wasteful frontman.

Iheanachor criticism has got to be reasonable, I can already see tribal hate and sentiments seeping into his criticism.

Imagine someone saying that his celebration style of kneeling down and pointing to the sky is a sign of arrogance. Ndi ara!

You were right about Brazil game.... manu got it wrong....
1. Playing with two strikers from start was not helpful know that his depth in midfield was nothing to speak of ..

2. Drafting iheanachor behind strikers was containing his game ... He can not play with space to run ..it more like underusing a Ferrari.... A natural DM should have been used ..

3... Formation was a crazy one , the keeper and the striker who missed alot . ... Though in the second game his link up play was better
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by successinlife: 12:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
adebayor1490:
hmmmm........ facing Germany

It seems you are afraid of Germany. No,not a better team compared to Nigeria boys,Our boys should not play up balls and they should avoid committing fouls close to box eighteen,corner kicks and free kicks,in short dead ball situation..Germany is European team and they flourish with space football,if they stick to their known style of play,Nigeria will win easily but if they decide to tighten the midfield and do man marking as the Brazillian did,there is trouble.We should choke our midfield and score counter or loose balls,we are safe,my little knowledge though.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
santori:

you know some dude can be cocky, they only thrive in criticising or condemning other ppl whearas they are a nobody.
pazienza should have addressed only that particular guy instead of making it an ethnic thingy.
I know that the reason why pazienza felt it is an ethnic bashing is that the majority of the people criticizing nacho are from a particular part of the country and they are trying soo hard to bring nacho down and put awoniyi (whom they felt is their own) up. mind you, I'm not saying awoniyi is not talented or good.

awoniyi equally had a terrible performance against Brazil, he missed clear cut chances too and nobody is saying Jack about that because he was given another opportunity and he put things in other. who says nacho would not have put in those mind blowing performance had he been given another chance? the truth of the matter is that, believe it or not, nacho is head and shoulder/ far ahead of his peers. check out his movement both on and off the ball, his vision for pass, his ability to skip pass his marker and his hold up play.

What are we even talking, infact, let's compare all this guys those people are mentioning that are better than nacho anytime they win any international award in any level of football.

people should Just criticize constructively and football base isues and leave ethnic and personal character out of it. nacho can chose to celebrate his goals any How he wants, is non of the coach or your business, as far as he keeps delivering the goals which is his primary assignment. his pattern of celebration should not be an excuse to hate him.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by femi4: 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
Werbung:
and i and i hope that the dark continenate will not disgrace his very poor people,
bcus footbll is all what they have.

you have to shame the very rich nation. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
You must be dark in thinking....What continent gave birth to you?
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by nwonufestus(m): 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
am proud of my fadaland,wen watch demm display magic on field 4rm canada. d boiz has potential tolift d trophy
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by vision2050: 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
greatwaters:

German machines right? How many of their players do u know? And how many of their matches have u watched? Or is it their name that is scaring u?
Yes, there name. Muller and Co. klose can score from anywhere.
I'm watching 2005 football.
Re: Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 by vision2050: 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
greatwaters:

German machines right? How many of their players do u know? And how many of their matches have u watched? Or is it their name that is scaring u?
Yes, there name. Muller and Co. klose can score from anywhere.
I'm watching 2005 football. nothing do us bring Germany we go wipe them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 / Georgina Rodriguez Gifts Ronaldo Mercedes BRABUS Of N242m On His 35th Birthday / List Of Telegram Fixed Match Scammers...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.