Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,776 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend (15159 Views)

Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy / 8 Evidences That Show A Lady Will Become A Stingy Wife / When You Are Dating A Stingy Man [see Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by tosyne2much(m): 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
The notion that relationship is not a job opportunity has turned some dudes into becoming overly parsimonious; i.e, getting a kobo from them can be likened to Seun's refusal to accept Ireneony's proposal. Abeg no ban me ooooo, na joke I dey joke ooooo. Hehehe cheesy

In recent time, a great many dudes would make a boastful statement to their friends that they have never given a kobo to a lady in the course of relationship and will liken it to smartness, and that no lady can turn them into her source of finance

No matter how we try to embellish the word STINGINESS, it will never change the fact that it's quite different from BROKENESS.

We do not have all day. Lemme keep the ball rolling

10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend

1. He Doesn't Buy Gifts

During (last Sunday), Youth and Singles programme in my fellowship, the guest speaker, whose main thrust of discussion centred on relationship, said that some guys are so stingy that even if they travel from Lagos to Ado-Ekiti to visit their girlfriends, they will be empty-handed. He passes Ojoto, he no buy bread; he passes Ibadan, he no buy plantain chips; he passes Osun, he no buy akara. He would get to his girlfriend's place and lie that he slept off immediately the bus took off and within the tinkle of an eye, he woke up in Ado Ekiti garage. *Stinginess at Bsc level*

2. He Prefers A Rendezvous In Mama Shade Cool Spot
This reminds me of a dude who said that the favorite rendezvous for a lady who truly cares is local restaurants, because a lady who truly loves you sees it as waste of money taking her to Shoprite for shopping or Mr Biggs to eat or get ice cream on a date. * This is stinginess at PGD level*

3. He Talks Hurriedly On The Phone
Some penny-pinching dudes are so stingy that they are used to timing their call not to pass a very wee time. He's so much concerned about his airtime that he will try as much as possible to summarize all he has to say. However, when the lady in question is making the conversation longer than expected, he will quickly find a way to end the call and promise to call back but that will be (a few) days later. cheesy

4. He's Happy She Will Never Ask Him For Anything
Virtually every guy wants a lady that will help economize his expenses and won't mount financial pressure on him; but some are happier that their girlfriends have never asked them for recharge card or other perishable parameters no matter how she needs it. *Stinginess at Msc level*

5. I Can't Buy A Fone For My Girl
Some dudes are so stingy that when you buy your girlfriend a mobile phone or an electronic gadget, you are being likened to a maga. They will crucify calling you all sort of names. Personally, I see nothing wrong in it provided I have the money and can afford it. *This is stinginess at 300L*

6. He Switches Off His Phone During Her Birthday
This sounds like an exaggeration but it's not. This reminds me of my former hostel mate who switched off his mobile fone on his girlfriend's birthday; only what he did was send 'birthday sms' and later lied to her that his phone had a flat battery, if not he'd planned to give elaborated celebration. This is a bid to avoid spending or getting her birthday gifts. *This is a stinginess at PhD level*

7. He Doesn't Pay For Her Fare
This has been a controversial issue since the days of Lord Lugard, and raised one billion questions that should a guy give his girlfriend money for conveyance in a taxi/okada?. In my feelings, I see nothing wrong with it. One thing that baffles me is that, some dudes are so scrooge-like that they will call you a maga and will advise you to stop giving her a penny each time she comes. *This is stinginess at HND level*

8. A Lady Who Truly Loves Me Will Not Ask Me For A Penny
People often say this but I do not believe in it. Not every lady who does not ask you for money/gift is happy about it. I have come into conclusion that those who utter this statement boastfully are close-fisted guys.

9. He Always Complains About Money
He blames the economy and GEJ for his low financial power. He will keep drumming it to her hearing that things are so hard for him when in fact, they are not. This is to send signal to the lady that she can't get a penny from him. *This is stinginess at OND level*

10. Feel free to add the last one cheesy

Thanks for reading

Have fun cheesy

Source: http://tosyne2much..com/2015/06/10-signs-you-are-stingy-boyfriend.html

Written by Tosyne2much

cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 03, 2015
OP what about people like us that barely eat in the day due to financial stress. If I buy N50 biscuit for my girlfriend, am I stingy?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Adesiji77: 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ok
Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by obesemf(m): 6:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
undecided why buy her phone? her father die?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
Mayb i will do some of those tin wen i start working at cbn.. na girlfriend oh nt fiance or wife..

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Brugo(m): 6:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nice joke.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by ritababe(f): 6:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ok
Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by chibwike(m): 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
typing
Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2015
wristwatch:
OP what about people like us that barely eat in the day due to financial stress. If I buy N50 biscuit for my girlfriend, am I stingy?

Your girlfriend will chop N50 biscuit?
She be rat? ? angry

6 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by dubylhover(m): 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2015
making an investment cheesy
Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
A guy that does no 3 is practising economics

A guy that does no 6 n 7...na wickedness be that o...i dont want to believe there are people out there that will do such

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Princecalm(m): 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
you forget say to spend on top girl friend no they the same as investment

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by englishmart(m): 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
I'm just a year older than my gf, so, I can't subject myself to doing things her father couldn't do for her.... Amma definitely change when I'm married

BTW, Kachisbarbie, ogini n'eme? Lol

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by tosyne2much(m): 6:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
Faba:
Mayb i will do some of those tin wen i start working at cbn.. na girlfriend oh nt fiance or wife..
hahahahaha cheesy

If I hear cheesy
Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Ayjos10(m): 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
tosyne....na only 500 i don giv my gf of 3yrs...sey i stingy ni

3 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
Not all guys are stingy as the thread made it seem. Some guys could just decide to put their girlfriends at test, by not providing them with all their needs, and would wait to watch their reactions, either remarkable or bad. You see, most ladies tend to judge a man according to the number of gift items he showers on them. Infact ladies wants are INSATIABLE. The more you try your best to please them, the more the increase on their demands (sometimes nagging may follow). Even at times they term a guy who`s trying to be nice to them as a MAGA or they meet with their crooks to discuss guys whom they have tipped off (MAGARIZED).
The other day I was having a chat with a girl in same hood as I and I wasn`t really happy with the manner in which she was telling me about the way in which she tricks gullible guys. She was laughing all through. *so annoying*
The real truth is that ladies prefer the PLAY BOYS to the cool ones.
After they would cry out their eyes in regret after been played.
You shall suffer that which thou had brought upon thyself. . . Don`t cry. Come on! Brace up yourself girl, to face the consequences of your actions.
So you see, since ladies have sworn on oath to be perpetual GOLD DIGGERS, we niggas have decided to out smart them on their own game of logic. Thats just it.

12 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
Lol! Stingy man dem angry
Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

She be rat? ? angry

cheesy well I still dey hussle oo aunty. If no be u, I for dey off line.

The only thing I can afford is what I can give. I can't steal to please oo. If I get 10k and I give her 4k. Shey I no try? wink

OP u are on point. Some guys get money but dem no fit buy common pure water for their girlfriend.
Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Mhizkel(f): 6:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
Akagums! cheesy
Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by peeparty(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
am sure the ladies would be happy about this.
cc
adeh39....and co

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by tosyne2much(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ayjos10:
Midehi, kindly answer this question cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by ronald4lif(m): 6:44pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ayjos10:

Lol! I know say you dey joke sha. 500H as in how? cheesy
Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by ronald4lif(m): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
Hmmm most of these are excuses of broke guys sha. A responsible man in a relationship knows better than falling on lame excuses such as this ones. How does a relationship function without a man spending on the woman?. Ironically, most guys who may scorn you for doing certain things to your woman spend worse secretly. They just want to be seen as hard-men.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Sleekyshuga(f): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

She be rat? ?angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin You get small bad mouth sha. E still dey develop grin.
Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2015
wristwatch:

The only thing I can afford is what I can give. I can't steal to please oo. If I get 10k and I give her 4k. Shey I no try? wink

OP u are on point. Some guys get money but dem no fit buy common pure water for their girlfriend.

thankGod you're online o, how would I survive your absence. cry

That's what i'm saying na, N50 biscuit is too much.
Noreos chocolate sandwich biscuit is N10 for one: you are trying to tell me your babe can eat 5 of it?

Adonbilivit shocked...

It means she can eat your fortune, dump her.angry

englishmart:
I'm just a year older than my gf, so, I can't subject myself to doing things her father couldn't do for her.... Amma definitely change when I'm married
BTW, Kachis barbie, ogini n'eme? Lol
lols @ a year older.
It can never be compulsory to do any of the above. Though there is love in sharing, this sharing should be mutual, not parasitic.

I'm fine. smiley cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by KingTom(m): 6:48pm On Jun 03, 2015
Na wa o grin
Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by tosyne2much(m): 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
wristwatch:
hahahahaha cheesy

Tohpahz, come and answer this question cheesy
Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by MEGGATRON(m): 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
its good to practice all these and have a huge bank account.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by 2dice(m): 6:51pm On Jun 03, 2015
10: if you don't Give your girlfriend weekly/monthly allowance ...your stinginess is on HND level ...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by tosyne2much(m): 6:51pm On Jun 03, 2015
wristwatch:

Woooooooow !!!!

If aunty Kachisbarbie fit keep you online then I trust she can keep me online too cheesy

Aunty Kachisbarbie, abeg my BIS go finish this week ooooo
cheesy
Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by englishmart(m): 6:51pm On Jun 03, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

thankGod you're online o, how would I survive your absence. cry

That's what i'm saying na, N50 biscuit is too much.
Noreos chocolate sandwich biscuit is N10 for one: you are trying to tell me your babe can eat 5 of it?

Adonbilivit shocked...

It means she can eat your fortune, dump her.angry

lols @ a year older.
It can never be compulsory to do any of the above. Though there is love in sharing, this sharing should be mutual, not parasitic.

I'm fine. smiley cheesy
good comment. You are apparently one of the most reasonable chaps on here.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Are A Stingy Boyfriend by Dickk: 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
When will girls start buying gifts for guys too, I wonder which law says guys must always do the buyingundecided

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ladies Can Be Simps Too / Popular Lies Ladies Tell Guys / Photo Of The Day: On A Scale Of 1-10, Rate This Ukwu Of This African Beauty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.