Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' (2277 Views)

Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" / Islamic Militants BEHEADED U.S Journalist On Video!!! / British Soldier Beheaded In Woolwich, London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Feb 17, 2009

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7894721.stm

The founder of a US Muslim TV network has been charged over the beheading of his wife, media reports say.

Muzzammil Hassan, 44, is accused of second degree murder of Aasiya Hassan, whose body was found last week at the TV station in New York state.

Both Mr Hassan and his wife worked at Bridges TV, a station aimed at countering stereotypes of Muslims.

Authorities said Mrs Hassan, 37, had recently filed for divorce. The couple had two children, aged four and six.

Bridges TV, a satellite-distributed news and opinion channel, was founded by Mr Hassan in 2004 and was based in a suburb in Buffalo, in upstate New York.

Mrs Hassan had filed for divorce after enduring previous incidents of domestic violence, her lawyer told the Buffalo News.

In a statement on its website, Bridges TV said it was "deeply shocked and saddened by the murder of Aasiya (Zubair) Hassan and subsequent arrest of Muzzammil Hassan".

A family court hearing was due to address the future of the couple's two children.

Their grandparents have travelled from Texas and Pakistan to attend the hearing, John Tregilio, a lawyer for the children, told the Buffalo News.

Mr Hassan also has two other children, aged 17 and 18, from a previous marriage, according to reports.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Feb 17, 2009

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/16/buffalo.beheading/

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The founder of an Islamic television station in upstate New York aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes has confessed to beheading his wife, authorities said.

Muzzammil Hassan has been charged with murder in the death of his wife, Aasiya Hassan.

Muzzammil Hassan was charged with second-degree murder after police found the decapitated body of his wife, Aasiya Hassan, at the Bridges TV station in the Buffalo suburb of Orchard Park, said Andrew Benz, Orchard Park's police chief.

Hassan was arrested Thursday.

His wife filed for divorce February 6, and police had responded to several domestic violence calls at the couple's home, Benz said.

Hassan went directly to the police station after his wife's death and confessed to killing her, Benz told CNN. Benz declined to give further details.

Attempts to reach an attorney for Hassan were unsuccessful, and his family didn't return calls from CNN.

He had two children, 4 and 6, with his wife. He had two other children, 17 and 18, from his previous marriage.

He launched Bridges TV, billed as the first English-language cable channel targeting Muslims inside the United States, in 2004. At the time, Hassan said he hoped the network would balance negative portrayals of Muslims following the attacks of September 11, 2001.

The station's staff is "deeply shocked and saddened by the murder of Aasiya Hassan and the subsequent arrest of Muzzammil Hassan," a statement from Bridges TV said.

"Our deepest condolences and prayers go out to the families of the victim," the statement said.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by MrCrackles(m): 8:53pm On Feb 17, 2009
Just read this on BBCnews

Wasted life for no reason whatsoever
! sad
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by toshmann(m): 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2009
just heard this on cnn. he should be arrested, locked up and the keys thrown away. he remains in prison without food or water until he dies angry
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by RichyBlacK(m): 2:33am On Feb 18, 2009
This guy is a fool! We need to change the laws against evil scumbags like this piece of shit! The sentence should be:

"Spend 24 minutes with 24 able-bodied men willing to beat you up for killing your wife. The state does not make any guarantees on this matter!"

This will make those cowardly wife-beaters and wife-killers realize that men physically superior to them will shift their jaws, fracture some of their bones and dislocate all their joints after they carry out their wickedness on their spouses.

May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by osisi2(f): 2:46am On Feb 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7894721.stm

The founder of a US Muslim TV network has been charged over the beheading of his wife, media reports say.

Muzzammil Hassan, 44, is accused of second degree murder of Aasiya Hassan, whose body was found last week at the TV station in New York state.

Both Mr Hassan and his wife worked at Bridges TV, a station aimed at countering stereotypes of Muslims.

Authorities said Mrs Hassan, 37, had recently filed for divorce. The couple had two children, aged four and six.

Bridges TV, a satellite-distributed news and opinion channel, was founded by Mr Hassan in 2004 and was based in a suburb in Buffalo, in upstate New York.

and incidentally wife scourging and  beheading happen to be part of that stereotype lipsrsealed
Let him go to jail and have those "jagudas" in there sodomise him day and night.
He'll never be the same again.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by osisi2(f): 3:22am On Feb 18, 2009
from fox.

She was very much aware of the potential ramification her filing for divorce might have," said attorney Elizabeth DiPirro, whose law firm, Hogan Willig, represented Aasiya Hassan in the divorce proceeding. "But she wanted to proceed despite the potential for it to erupt."

DiPirro said the couple had "physical confrontations off and on" for their entire eight-year marriage that had recently escalated to death threats. The grounds for divorce were "cruel and inhuman treatment," DiPirro said, referring to mulitple prior incidents of abuse. She declined to elaborate.

"We were worried about the situation becoming volatile," DiPirro said.

The couple had two children, ages 4 and 6, DiPirro said. Muzzammil Hassan also has two children, ages 17 and 18, from a previous marriage.

DiPirro said Aasiya was a brave mother who sought a better life for her young children.

"She was a very brave woman who was extremely devoted to her children and had come to this decision after a long, thoughtful process and was determined to change her life for herself and her children," DiPirro said.

Orchard Park Police Chief Andrew Benz said authorities continue to search for the murder weapon.

Asked if the slaying is being investigated as an honor killing, Benz replied, "It's safe to say we're investigating all the angles we can, all the possibilities in conjunction with the district attorney's office. We're looking at whatever we might come across."

Benz said officers were called to the couple's home on Feb. 6, when Aasiya Hassan had obtained an order of protection barring her husband from the home.

"He was served with divorce papers that day at the [television studio]," Benz said. "He came back to the residence and was pounding on doors and broke one window … He left the premises that night."

Benz said Hassan's body was found on an office floor at the Orchard Park television station. He declined to discuss further details of the killing other than to say investigators believe Muzzammil Hassan acted alone.

"At this point, that's what we believe," Benz told FOXNews.com.

[b]Muzzammil Hassan, who founded Bridges TV in November 2004 to counter anti-Islam stereotypes, surrendered to police Thursday. Hassan touted the network as the "first-ever full-time home for American Muslims," according to a press release.

"Every day on television we are barraged by stories of a 'Muslim extremist, militant, terrorist, or insurgent,'" Hassan said in the 2004 release. "But the stories that are missing are the countless stories of Muslim tolerance, progress, diversity, service and excellence that Bridges TV hopes to tell."[/b]Hassan, who was arraigned Thursday, remains jailed at the Erie County Holding Center. No bail had been set and an attorney for Hassan was not listed, according to a jail spokeswoman. Hassan has a court hearing scheduled for Wednesday afternoon, Benz said.

Dr. Khalid Qazi, a friend of the couple and president of the Muslim Public Affairs Council of Western New York, said the channel had been under financial strain.

"I cannot believe it — I know them both well," Qazi told the Buffalo News. "I cannot get a handle on this."

Samira Khatib, a friend of the couple, said Aasiya Hassan encouraged her husband to launch the cable channel.

"They were really more than married — they encouraged each other in everything," Khatib told the Buffalo News. "She was such a lovely person."

According to a Web site for Bridges TV, Aasiya Hassan "came up with the idea" for the network. The Web site, which shows an undated photo of the couple, identifies her maiden name as Aasiya Zubair.

"Bridges TV is deeply shocked and saddened by the murder of Aasiya [Zubair] Hassan and subsequent arrest of Muzzammil Hassan," a statement posted late Monday read. "Our deepest condolences and prayers go out to the families of the victim. We request that their right to privacy be respected."

we've seen his tolerance alright.
He only cut her up in 2 pieces.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by RichyBlacK(m): 4:23am On Feb 18, 2009
I don't think it's fair to conclude that he did it in the name of Islam, though some may argue otherwise. There are non-Muslims who have carried out similar atrocities.

However, I agree that women should be and must be treated better in Islam.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by KarmaMod(f): 4:39am On Feb 18, 2009

Sweet Irony.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by osisi2(f): 4:43am On Feb 18, 2009
RichyBlacK:

I don't think it's fair to conclude that he did it in the name of Islam, though some may argue otherwise. There are non-Muslims who have carried out similar atrocities.

However, I agree that women should be and must be treated better in Islam.

Don't know if it's in the name of Islam

but

show me a story where a man who set out to prove his religion was tolerant ended up killing his wife in the same exact fashion they're accused of.
The papers called this man a moderate Muslim.
Hmm!
he didn't shoot her like most wife abusers do
he didn't run her over
he didn't strangle her
He didn't even stab her in a fit of rage.
He used a knife and consciously  with precise calculations severed her head from her neck.
What other religion is known for this sort of ritualistic killing?
The only thing we don't know is how many allahu akhbars he chanted while he butchered her
does anyone remember Daniel Pearl?
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by KarmaMod(f): 4:50am On Feb 18, 2009
Didnt olabowole say it's very easy for Muslim women to leave a marriage?
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by osisi2(f): 4:59am On Feb 18, 2009
KarmaMod:

Didnt olabowole say it's very easy for Muslim women to leave a marriage?

They'll say anything to make Islam look acceptable to Westerners and non Muslims
While I agree that there are wife killers in every race,creed and religion,this story is so significant,
this is a man who set out with his wife to prove to Americans that Islam is a peaceful religion where women are respected and peace and tolerance was the watchword yet behind closed doors,he had battered the woman constantly for almost a decade perhaps with no remorse afterall his "holy books" say a man can beat his woman and then she picks up the courage to leave and he beheads her in the same exact style Islamic terrosrists use to kill their captives.
What does that tell you?
Have you noticed that CNN and MSNBC don't have this news anywhere.
If it had been a pastor killing his wife or a pastor caught in gay lifestyle,the pagan media and feminists would be holding endless discussions with indepth analysis of the situation.
But now they don't want to be seen as Islamophobes lest they blow us and themselves up.
How hypocritical
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by Lagosboy: 8:45am On Feb 18, 2009
Honestly this hatred knows no bounds!!!

A criminal killed his wife - Murder , so what has this got to do with Islam. the geezaer is a businessman that runs a tv station so how does islam come into play. Do we look at every atrocity commited by anoyne based on his religion?

@Karmamod
This lady filed a divorce in the normal courts which is cumbersome especially when both parties are not willing to divorce.

Richyblack thanx for the comments abt it not been in the name of islam. Some people here dont have that sort of intellectual depth to see it
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by spikedcylinder: 11:12am On Feb 18, 2009
This is such a shame. embarassed
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by KarmaMod(f): 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2009

This lady filed a divorce in the normal courts which is cumbersome especially when both parties are not willing to divorce.

Your point? She wanted the divorce. Why couldnt she get it? He has two kids from a previous "marriage", Lord knows where she's buried.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by Hauwa1: 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2009
maybe CNN is afraid of the jihadist coming with their sword.

useless man! upon all his education (i hope he is) and money, he still went on with babarism. i hope he rots in jail where those homo will be chilling and pulling sticks into his yansh hole. may they stuff needles into his private part while there.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by Kx: 4:56pm On Feb 18, 2009
Good old America,matured reporting.
Were dis to happen in naija,u ll see correct embelishment of the story.
it even contains CNN sympathy at the end of the report,oyibo wise sha.

A man dat can slice the wife throat with a knife will be d happiest man
to be left in ordinarily jail even though say na krikiri.

He does not deserve to live.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by muhsin(m): 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2009
The snooty bastard deserves to be also killed. Simple.

And as Lagosboy aptly put; this incident has nothing to do with Islam. Note.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by sleekp1: 6:19pm On Feb 18, 2009
**osisi:

he didn't shoot her like most wife abusers do

I wondered how long it would take before osisi'ewu got the religious twist to this story.

Killing of a woman or anybody is wrong with or without a gun.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by MERCADO(m): 6:32pm On Feb 18, 2009
infact i was biwilder when i read the message, because i found it very difficult to believe that ,a muslim boss can to such a things.
anyway, wonder shall never end.

indeed,i couldn't believe it,for i found it very difficult that such a things can still happening.
well,wonder shall never cease as the saying goes. and it is done by us muslim boss for that matter.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by spikedcylinder: 8:32am On Feb 19, 2009
MERCADO:

infact i was biwilder when i read the message, because i found it very difficult to believe that ,a muslim boss can to such a things.
anyway, wonder shall never end.
indeed,i couldn't believe it,for i found it very difficult that such a things can still happening.
well,wonder shall never cease as the saying goes. and it is done by us muslim boss for that matter.

Chai!
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by JeSoul(f): 3:52pm On Feb 19, 2009
I know we're all trying to be civil and tolerant, but please be honest with yourselves. Those saying that this has nuthin to do with islam are just being deliberately naive.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 19, 2009
**osisi:

They'll say anything to make Islam look acceptable to Westerners and non Muslims
While I agree that there are wife killers in every race,creed and religion,this story is so significant,
this is a man who set out with his wife to prove to Americans that Islam is a peaceful religion where women are respected and peace and tolerance was the watchword yet behind closed doors,he had battered the woman constantly for almost a decade perhaps with no remorse afterall his "holy books" say a man can beat his woman and then she picks up the courage to leave and he beheads her in the same exact style Islamic terrosrists use to kill their captives.
What does that tell you?
Have you noticed that CNN and MSNBC don't have this news anywhere.
If it had been a pastor killing his wife or a pastor caught in gay lifestyle,the pagan media and feminists would be holding endless discussions with indepth analysis of the situation.
But now they don't want to be seen as Islamophobes lest they blow us and themselves up.
How hypocritical

I love the part about "indepth analysis".
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by toshmann(m): 8:46pm On Feb 19, 2009
@osisi and david

i got the news from cnn. they may not be emphasising it, but they also said it on CNN.

i have noticed the increase in crime especially domestic violence by people who happen to be muslims, but i refuse to say that it is because of their religion. guys, this is the same as saying black people are thieves and criminals simply because a lot of black people are engaged in crime in inner city US and black hoods of UK. Crime is not because of our skin color, it is because some people decided to be stupid.

same way this nonsense is not because of some religion. it is because some idiot decided to act. i know muslims who love their wives, i know muslims who love life and will never think of suicide killing etc. it is unfair to these people to say their religion is a religion of domestic violence and honor killing. this man is a criminal. simple. i dont care his color or religion. keep it simple. the guy don commit. he should be destroyed. period.

this is the kind of argument that lends credence to the unadmitted believe by US law enforcement agents that black people are criminals, and toshmann is black, so toshmann must be a criminal. pls, leave his religion out of this. arrest him . . . . . and hang him.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by Busybody2(f): 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2009
JeSoul:

I know we're all trying to be civil and tolerant, but please be honest with yourselves. Those saying that this has nuthin to do with islam are just being deliberately naive.

Don't you marvel at their barefaced lies too, ain't/shouldn't "thou shall not lie" be of their commandments too undecided
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by JeSoul(f): 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2009
toshmann:

@osisi and david

i got the news from cnn. they may not be emphasising it, but they also said it on CNN.

i have noticed the increase in crime especially domestic violence by people who happen to be muslims, but i refuse to say that it is because of their religion. guys, this is the same as saying black people are thieves and criminals simply because a lot of black people are engaged in crime in inner city US and black hoods of UK. Crime is not because of our skin color, it is because some people decided to be stupid.
It's not the same Toshmann. People of all races commit all kinds of crimes. The arguement is specifically about beheading. This practice is almost 100% exclusive to muslims and islam. Do a google search and look at the statistics. Whether we want to be politically correct or not, it the fact of the matter brotha.

Busy_body:

Don't you marvel at their barefaced lies too, ain't/shouldn't "thou shall not lie" be of their commandments too undecided
I tire self, the sooner we're all honest with ourselves the sooner our muslim brethen can start to address this problem.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by toshmann(m): 9:34pm On Feb 19, 2009
unless it is written in the koran that a man can behead his wife, then i will agree with you. otherwise statistics is not enough. statistics show that blacks are more likely to commit crime in the US, does that mean that crime is more in our genes than in white genes?

i understand the feeling towards islam, especially after what muslims have done in nigeria for instance, but to be objective, if it is not written in the koran, which is the final authority in islam, then some people are just being stupid and claim to be following islam. beheading a wife. jeez.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by RichyBlacK(m): 9:47pm On Feb 19, 2009
toshmann:

unless it is written in the koran that a man can behead his wife, then i will agree with you. otherwise statistics is not enough. statistics show that blacks are more likely to commit crime in the US, does that mean that crime is more in our genes than in white genes?

i understand the feeling towards islam, especially after what muslims have done in nigeria for instance, but to be objective, if it is not written in the koran, which is the final authority in islam, then some people are just being stupid and claim to be following islam. beheading a wife. jeez.

Nodding in agreement.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by JeSoul(f): 10:08pm On Feb 19, 2009
toshmann:

unless it is written in the koran that a man can behead his wife, then i will agree with you.

Is it written anywhere in the Quran that a suicide bomber can strap C4 to himself and blow up himself and others?
Yet is anyone going to argue that 99% of suicide bombers are muslim?

No one is branding all muslims beheaders and painting an entire group of people with the same brush BUT when  particular act is perpetrated 99.9% of the time by the same group, is it altogether illogical to say such a group of people have a problem with that particular thing?

otherwise statistics is not enough. statistics show that blacks are more likely to commit crime in the US, does that mean that crime is more in our genes than in white genes?
    Stats are more than enough. Blacks may be more likely to commit a crime but:
99.9% of robberies are not commited by blacks
99.9% of muggings are not commited by blacks
99.9% of kidnappings are not commited by blacks

99.9% of beheadings are commited by muslims = a problem with beheading in the muslim community, whether it is in the quran or not. Has political correctness pulled that much wool over our eyes that we cannt be honest and point out a real problem?

The same way the christian community has a problem with thieving lying preachers. same way the catholic church has a problem with priests and molestations. Does the bible permit and teach these things? no. But it is still rampant among these groups.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by toshmann(m): 10:18pm On Feb 19, 2009
i dont subscribe to steroetyping. i have a lot of points to debate you with on this issue, but i dont want to be seen/accused of ''defending something terrible'' . . so i leave the debate here . . . .

however, permit me to say this, i am igbo, i schooled in university of calabar in nigeria,recently i was a young black nigerian male in britain i know how it feels to be described in a way people feel the 99.9% of ''people like you'' are. i dont know if you understand what i mean. if u dont, dont bother, we leave the debate here.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by JeSoul(f): 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2009
toshmann:

i dont subscribe to steroetyping. i have a lot of points to debate you with on this issue, but i dont want to be seen/accused of ''defending something terrible'' . . so i leave the debate here . . . .
   sad  that's too bad, I'd have loved to hear your point of view.

however, permit me to say this, i am igbo, i schooled in university of calabar in nigeria,recently i was a young black nigerian male in britain i know how it feels to be described in a way people feel the 99.9% of ''people like you'' are. i dont know if you understand what i mean. if u dont, dont bother, we leave the debate here.
   My brotha I know exactly what you mean. I have seen and been stereotyped and it is not fun or pretty. But honestly inasmuch as stereotypes are frequently false, they're also frequently true.

In this instance I don't think that it is stereotyping at all becos its not so much as saying 99.9% of muslims are like that but more about that specific act being almost all the time commited by people of muslim background.  Its a real problem that our muslim brethren need to address and not hide behind the victim "don't stereotype me card".

In the same way I'd like for christians to stop making excuses for these rogue preachers and the vatican stop protecting pedophile priests. When you have a problem unqiue to a particular group we must attack it head on.
Re: Us Muslim Tv Boss 'beheaded Wife' by toshmann(m): 10:41pm On Feb 19, 2009
it's okay jesoul, at least we both agree that the miserable man is despicable. now i need some feeding. catch ya cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osama Bin Laden’s Son Married A 9/11 Hijacker’s Daughter(photos) / Just In : Graphics Pictures From Hamas Atrocities In Israel / Graphic Video!! Soldier Hacked To Death And Beheaded In London Caught On Tape!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.