Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android (45638 Views)

3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone / How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. / Iphone Users Have More Sex Than Android & Blackberry Users - OK Cupid’s Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by mdbabah2008(m): 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
As for me and my entire family, its windows phone or nothing cos other OS is a total crap!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Collinz2(m): 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
am enjoying this, am still waiting to see wht windows 10 got to offer...
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
ollah1:
All the points listed by the op is also synonymous to bb10. It's fast, updates are guaranteed, doesn't lag et Al. Since it's also same with bb10,we can also conclude bb10 is better than android.

IPhone 6 and 6 plus lags like sh*t, iPhone 5 on ios8 lags like hell. It also means windows and bb10 are the best since android and iOS lags

Mind you the so called best would love to trade place with either of the latter

grin grin grin grin grin grin iPhone 6 Lags, for real Bro?
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
Hishuula:
at least i'm better than you a Burundese that lives in Mozambique ,i'm deported back to nigeria from north sudan which is a great achievement and it calles for celebration but you will never get deported from that Mozambique ,,you re still in the pallor of poverrrr but you kept changing chairs but i guess you will soon move to the dining which is Somalia and enjoy the highest per capita income of 600$ for the whole country.$0.5 no go reach u as Your national cake,your neck go enter Guinness world record as the longest buhahahaha your father !!. 70-30 in % #GODdonWIN
your childish f00lishness is legendary grin wink cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 04, 2015
Sincerely you've got your points. Except for people who use paid apps, the aware issue is really a big one. Sometimes even paid apps get infected also.

Also I remember when BBM first came to Android. It was so full of bugs. Once I shared a post from my previous BBMC and it changed it into a never-able-to-be-deleted chat room. Had to mail BlackBerry Canada and they sent an update in few hours before the issue was rectified. This happened last year. Lost lots of my contacts because I had to abandon that account. I created another which till date

Windows Phone is basically made for business people who use Windows PC. You can link the phone and even continue what ever you're doing on your WP when you're not on your PC.

My love for Android though can't be bought over yet... Except for the fact my Android phone lags and sometimes I feel like smashing the damn thing to pieces. I've actually made it my anger management therapist (one reason I can't beat my woman is I can't beat my phone when it hangs lol)

Bottom line, whatever phone you buy, make sure it serves purpose for you. Don't buy phones because it's in vogue or for class and standard issues. You go just hang lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
PLS O ANY TECH IN THE HOUSE, IVE FORGOTEN MY WINDOW 8,LUMIA 520 SCREEN PASWORD,IVE DON THE HARD RESET BUT ONCE THE EXCLAMATION MARK APEARS,I TRY PRESSIN D ODA COMMANDS BT NT RESPONDIN ANY ODA WAY PLS,ITS URGENT
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Lolaabokoku(f): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
pinkiberry:
windows phone can never be better than android.
u said it all
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
malikmoreni:

IOS lag ke? Na where I hear that one? When that one start?
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Greatfes17: 4:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
The never ending praises about Android is what I dont know the reasons for.

I never enjoyed using my Android for a day. Although am using inferior Android phone (ie. Tecno h5). But even better Android phones which I have been opportuined to get from family and friends never proved Android better than windows phone. The first day I used Windows phone, I was like wow, is this really a phone or pc? The quality of phone, the apps, speed and even touch sensor was not ordinary compared to Androids which I have used. This made me ask why Android in the first place.

My greatest problem with Android is that:
1. It easily runs out of internal storage inspite of 8gb internal memory and runs slow even in said 1gb ram and dual core processor.
2. Garbage bloatware you never get to use. Fun Club deducts atleast N100 from my account weekly for unknown seevices which I never received.
3. Easily editable Android apps. With good zip file manager, you can easily open and edit any Android app to your choice if you know java language.
4. Rooting. To make better use of your Android, you must root the phone. Which to me, its an undesired stress.
5. Typing in Android is worse than java (series 40) phones. I have to use two text areas to be able to type this. Then, I used copy and paste to merge it.
[b]Worse than anything, typing this piece has taken more than an hour of my time.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
Filashade:

Yep u get to keep the phone. What!!!! £60 is £9,000 in Naira? E wo!!!! Ehnnn wooow thats a lot of money i am spending oo. But still both phones are of good quality.

I do my contract with Carphone Warehouse. They are a phone/tablet company who also deal with EE/O2/3/T-Mobile/Orange/Vodafone etc.

okay..
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
feran14:

its not your fault.. I believe windows phone is not for Nigerians cos alot of their brains cant take it.. so they stick to the simple android OS.. when I see a Nigerian who is able to fully use a windows phone, I would be impressed.

besides I believe windows phone is for the business class and not ordinary Nigerians

Lumia 535 all the way

Thank you jare. I bought Microsoft Lumia Windows Phone 535 double sim a few days ago. The experience has been wonderful. It even has the almighty Cortana! It's Here Maps is wonderful. It comes in Gorilla Glass 3. Awesome!
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
Filashade:

Yep u get to keep the phone. What!!!! £60 is £9,000 in Naira? E wo!!!! Ehnnn wooow thats a lot of money i am spending oo. But still both phones are of good quality.

I do my contract with Carphone Warehouse. They are a phone/tablet company who also deal with EE/O2/3/T-Mobile/Orange/Vodafone etc.

another shock for you.. ,30 pounds is 9k.. you spend 18000 every month
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
Zacking:

IOS lag ke? Na where I hear that one? When that one start?

Lo, na wetin i dey ask the Guy be that o! smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by ifyonuoha(m): 5:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
Pls is ur lumia 820 running on windows 8 or 8.1 and is it safe to upgrade it to 8.1?
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by ifyonuoha(m): 5:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
Pls is ur lumia 820 running on windows 8 or 8.1 and is it safe to upgrade it to 8.1?.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by okfrancis: 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2015
hmmm.... Our faces differs so ourchoices also differs Every one has his/her own choice.but for me I love my BB
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 5:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
Kelvinprinzyy:
PLS O ANY TECH IN THE HOUSE, IVE FORGOTEN MY WINDOW 8,LUMIA 520 SCREEN PASWORD,IVE DON THE HARD RESET BUT ONCE THE EXCLAMATION MARK APEARS,I TRY PRESSIN D ODA COMMANDS BT NT RESPONDIN ANY ODA WAY PLS,ITS URGENT
pls o
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 04, 2015
malikmoreni:

Go to imac , macrumours and read how the users are complaining
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Emma60Ayoola(m): 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
undecided
feran14:

grin
feran14:

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Filashade(f): 5:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
feran14:

Mo be!!!!!!!!

Jesus is Lord!!!!

18,000!!!

*faints*
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 04, 2015
Filashade:

Mo be!!!!!!!!

Jesus is Lord!!!!

18,000!!!

*faints*

Lol.. if you Dint notice that it. was that much, then you are earning waaaay more
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by pacino26(m): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
Not everyone remembers Sendo X, it was a Windows phone. I used a HTC Pro 2 that was running 6.8 back then it was launched. The amazing thing was that I triple booth the phone; Java, Android and the WindowOS. So literally I had the three phones in one to load all form of apps now that's what I call a phone. Android is cool but Windows is for those chosen few elite and coordinated minds.

I look forward to doing some crazy things with the next Windows phone that comes my way.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by haywire07(m): 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2015
willian10:
Only playstore is better than window phone
I swear
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
Gone fishin with windows, left my doors behind
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Phrankin(m): 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
deewhylaf13:
Guys.., pls beware of dis advert anywhere. dey
are hungry people, people dat will never eat d
fruit of dia labour in life. dey only use d advert
to dupe people. I was a victim. may u guys
never av peace..... still wondering if dat 1k will
deliver u from ur poverty
you wan chop mtn, now they don chop you!! Ha Ha!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by BigBizzy(m): 8:56pm On Jun 04, 2015
please oh, can one tweak the windows phone to use the blackberry imie?
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Phrankin(m): 9:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Phrankin(m): 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2015
ugoezeik:
bro ur article is as straight as my dick when it rises up. d fact is dat I use Samsung galaxy dual n no much apps but I av find it difficult to update 3 major apps on my phone which is: fb, google play, Google plus n twitter. d fact is dat I dnt hav much apps and why it hurt most is dat d phone itself has 8g inbuilt memo plus 2g I inserted. oops am opting for windows. but bro which window fon can u suggest for me
I will personally recommend a lumia 820 so that when you get frustrated with it after about 3 months, you can sell it to me for a giveaway price and I can sell it to the next sucker that has money.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Phrankin(m): 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
Cul4real:
PLS LET SOMEONE HELP ME, DOES WINDOW PHONE HAVE “GOOGLE PLAY STORE“? THANKS.
Yes. It sure does. It also has a boutique, Microsoft night club, and a spacious car park. Lest I forget, it has an i-restaurant that offers free meals every Tuesday night.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Collinz2(m): 9:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
Greatfes17:
The never ending praises about Android is what I dont know the reasons for.

I never enjoyed using my Android for a day. Although am using inferior Android phone (ie. Tecno h5). But even better Android phones which I have been opportuined to get from family and friends never proved Android better than windows phone. The first day I used Windows phone, I was like wow, is this really a phone or pc? The quality of phone, the apps, speed and even touch sensor was not ordinary compared to Androids which I have used. This made me ask why Android in the first place.

My greatest problem with Android is that:
1. It easily runs out of internal storage inspite of 8gb internal memory and runs slow even in said 1gb ram and dual core processor.
2. Garbage bloatware you never get to use. Fun Club deducts atleast N100 from my account weekly for unknown seevices which I never received.
3. Easily editable Android apps. With good zip file manager, you can easily open and edit any Android app to your choice if you know java language.
4. Rooting. To make better use of your Android, you must root the phone. Which to me, its an undesired stress.
5. Typing in Android is worse than java (series 40) phones. I have to use two text areas to be able to type this. Then, I used copy and paste to merge it.
[b]Worse than anything, typing this piece has taken more than an hour of my time.
if u use htc one m8 u wont say trash...
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
ugoezeik:
bro ur article is as straight as my dick when it rises up. d fact is dat I use Samsung galaxy dual n no much apps but I av find it difficult to update 3 major apps on my phone which is: fb, google play, Google plus n twitter. d fact is dat I dnt hav much apps and why it hurt most is dat d phone itself has 8g inbuilt memo plus 2g I inserted. oops am opting for windows. but bro which window fon can u suggest for me
It depend on your budget. But i like lumia 635, and lumia 730
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2015
MicroBox:
Please Nokia xl, is it window or android by default?
Android

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) / See 6 Of The Most Dangerous Selfies Ever Taken / How To Subscribe To The Etisalat Blackberry Daily Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.