Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,985 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:55 AM

Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine (3148 Views)

Inside Trump's New Car, The 'Beast' / How To Cook Food On Your Car's Engine (Photos) / See How Much A Brand New Car Cost In 1977 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by eromspete(m): 11:38am On Jun 04, 2015
Its an I4 engine, with VVTI timing tongue

Wetin dey inside Corolla engine wey plenty lol. I still maintain the engine bay looks empty.

Readonee35L:

Scanty?
Have you seen a corolla engine b4
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
eromspete:
Its an I4 engine, with VVTI timing tongue

Wetin dey inside Corolla engine wey plenty lol. I still maintain the engine bay looks empty.

For the engine displacement and type (naturally aspirated engine), and size of that car, that engine is efficient and fast enough for the car. Not until kpangolo and accessories full bay before engine don show.
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by nurey(m): 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2015
This op funny gan, an engine been dirty doesn't mean it aint good, my car engine is very dirty and dusty infact, u will think the engine is powdered but my dash will tell u its well taken care of.

I have encountered this same corolla 2003 that a dealer wanted to sell as tokunbo to me. Months ago, so let me tell you the red flag to watch out for as a novice
1. The radio/cd player is not the factory one
2. The dash will look like the sports version very tushed and the instrument cluster will be like the sport type too, something u don't expect from a non S model
3. The head lamp and front grille will not tally there will be space sha or a disformity.
4 open the bonnet and the steering fluid will be dropping on the engine seat
5. Check the reserve radiator tank and u won't see a drop of coolant there.
6. I didn't wait for the owner to even start the engine but I am sure a chrismas light will give that car away and the owner will be like that's how it is.
7. Once u test drive it and u have driven b4 u will sha know the car isn't responding or behaving like it should
8. The car will look very much like the sport this one am seeing looks "like" but isn't toyota corolla sport
9. Lastly the price will be way cheaper than the market value. Don't fall for that crap.

With all I have said doesn't mean the car in question is accidented or bad just look well b4 u leap.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by 9icetoo(m): 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2015
eromspete:
Engine is dirty...

Let the seller clean up the engine.

Engine bay looks scanty. tongue

You want a supercharger, turbocharger, cold air intake, nitrous kit and water injection kit to beef up a 1.4 litre economy engine?

Or you want them to cover up the spaces with a lot of plastics?
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Mishydoo(m): 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2015
nurey:
This op funny gan, an engine been dirty doesn't mean it aint good, my car engine is very dirty and dusty infact, u will think the engine is powdered but my dash will tell u its well taken care of.

I have encountered this same corolla 2003 that a dealer wanted to sell as tokunbo to me. Months ago, so let me tell you the red flag to watch out for as a novice
2. The dash will look like the sports version very tushed and the instrument cluster will be like the sport type too, something u don't expect from a non S model
3. The head lamp and front grille will not tally there will be space sha or a disformity.
6. I didn't wait for the owner to even start the engine but I am sure a chrismas light will give that car away and the owner will be like that's how it is.
7. Once u test drive it and u have driven b4 u will sha know the car isn't responding or behaving like it should
8. The car will look very much like the sport this one am seeing looks "like" but isn't toyota corolla sport
9. Lastly the price will be way cheaper than the market value. Don't fall for that crap.

With all I have said doesn't mean the car in question is accidented or bad just look well b4 u leap.

Nice observation.thanks a lot.....but one big question....what do I do as soon as I get it. i've purchased it already.
I can change the radio.
But the car 'Behaviour'/ response and 'christmas light' can it be considered as a fault?i have been driving before.
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Mishydoo(m): 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
nurey:

And why all this discrepancies? Is that how the car was made?
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by nurey(m): 6:44am On Jun 06, 2015
Mishydoo:

Nice observation.thanks a lot.....but one big question....what do I do as soon as I get it. i've purchased it already.
I can change the radio.
But the car 'Behaviour'/ response and 'christmas light' can it be considered as a fault?i have been driving before.

It depends on what kind of behaviour the car exhibit, sometimes the behaviour can be minimal (car drifting to one side, rough idling etc) to extreme behaviour (gear refusing to change on time etc).

As for the lights illuminated on the dash (xmas lights) until we know what light type with pix it is then we can proffer solution to that.

The first thing I will advice you do now since you already purchased the car is to copy the vin and paste it on the vin check thread so we know the kind of title the car is carrying
Salvaged
Accidented
Flooded
Clean title
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by eaglechild: 7:54am On Jun 06, 2015
Denn:
This car is giving a lot of blue, red, yellow and white smoke.

I suspect issues with the MAF sensor and crankshaft position sensor.

The lower bushings also need detailed inspections.

The car is a Toyota and was not manufactured in Nigeria . I would implore you to check why the interior seat was changed from black to the present colour. Seems JFK was assasinated during its manufacture in the factory....( his head seems to be sticking out from the exhaust)
lol!
This has got to be the most sarcastic piece I've read in a while.
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Readonee35L(m): 8:14am On Jun 06, 2015
We warned you about the car,
And all the observations
you still went ahead to buy it and now u are saying u will change the radio ,
and you will fix the disco lights
...Really
Whats thee essence of buying a tokunbo vehicle
is it not for getting a good car and problem free car
because buying that car as toks wont go less than 1.3M
meanwhile some naija used looks beta with no jagbajantis Remix like urs
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by JUO(m): 11:01am On Jun 06, 2015
Readonee35L:
We warned you about the car,
And all the observations
you still went ahead to buy it and now u are saying u will change the radio ,
and you will fix the disco lights
...Really
Whats thee essence of buying a tokunbo vehicle
is it not for getting a good car and problem free car
because buying that car as toks wont go less than 1.3M
meanwhile some naija used looks beta with no jagbajantis Remix like urs
lol

1 Like

Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Readonee35L(m): 12:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
JUO:
lol
lol

...u knw d cos of d disco light
u knw if all the o2 sensors are bad
no catalyst
or other sensor malfunction...
It Is Well
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Mishydoo(m): 12:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
I was having fun.

Post the VIN (chassis number) let breeze blow and fowl..........

nurey:
Denn:
Post vin....
Very soon, we would see what the oyinbo man sold it to the butchers.....sorry auctioneers

[size=14pt]2T1BR32E13C750588 [/size]. Sry
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Mishydoo(m): 12:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pls help me check,...these VIN threads are too crowded and no answers are given....thanks

@GAZUZZ

@Ikenna

@nurey

@Denn

Thnks again.
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by abatically(m): 12:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mishydoo:

[size=14pt] 2T1B32E13C750588[/size]

Invalid vin
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Mishydoo(m): 12:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
Av driven the car tho,engine wrks smoothly.

Airbag and check engine light on tho.

....At dis point I hv to tell u dat twas my uncle who is the dealer. A responsible man and uses this model.

And I checked d radiator,a pinkish fluid was der,seems lyk the coolant.
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Mishydoo(m): 12:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
abatically:

Invalid vin

Sry

[size=14pt] 2T1BR32E13C750588[/size]
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Lexusgs430: 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mishydoo:
Av driven the car tho,engine wrks smoothly.

Airbag and check engine light on tho.

....At dis point I hv to tell u dat twas my uncle who is the dealer. A responsible man and uses this model.

And I checked d radiator,a pinkish fluid was der,seems lyk the coolant.

Airbag malfunction - No pillow to lay your head, when you have a shunt.
EML light on - Borrow or beg for a scanner, and pull out codes.
Finally check vin for accident status.
You seem to love this car and hell bent on buying it. After you have performed all checks, make your mind up.
NB: Don't let the car dealer bully you into parting with your money.
Nah eyes crab dey take watch hin head!!!
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Lexusgs430: 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mishydoo:

Sry

[size=14pt] 2T1BR32E13C750588[/size]

Track inze on nairaland and post vin to him, remember to include your email address so he sends the vehicle's history.
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Mishydoo(m): 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Airbag malfunction - No pillow to lay your head, when you have a shunt.
EML light on - Borrow or beg for a scanner, and pull out codes.
Finally check vin for accident status.
You seem to love this car and hell bent on buying it. After you have performed all checks, make your mind up.
NB: Don't let the car dealer bully you into parting with your money.
Nah eyes crab dey take watch hin head!!!

Ok,...thnks fr d advice.i'll be on it ryt away
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by lonelydora: 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mishydoo:

Dude,dat isnt funny....wat I meant by 'evaluate' is jst by mere looking,hw clean d engine is compared to others.
And as for that stereo,is thay how its sipposed to be?

Newbie. Looking at the engine you said? I'm here to read comments from magicians
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Mishydoo(m): 10:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
lonelydora:

Newbie. Looking at the engine you said? I'm here to read comments from magicians

Dat moment When u have no idea how serious sm1 is...!
Bro,u wanna see a magic trick?try sitting close to me when u spew ds trash.
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
What's the point of a vin check after you have paid for the car?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Mishydoo(m): 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Track inze on nairaland and post vin to him, remember to include your email address so he sends the vehicle's history.

Inze was so kind.

----Forwarded message---
VIN Report

Your AutoCheck Vehicle History ReportReport Run Date: June 9, 2015 12:25:16 PM EDT2003 Toyota Corolla CE / LE / SClass: Small Car - EconomyEngine: 1.8L I4 EFICountry of Assembly: CanadaVehicle Age: 12 year(s)Calculated Owners: N/AVIN: 2T1BR32E13C750588Year: 2003Make: ToyotaModel: Corolla CE / LE / SStyle/Body: Sedan 4DThis vehicle's AutoCheck ScoreThe AutoCheck Score is a summary of your vehicle's history. It lets you compare similar vehicles with ease.
About the AutoCheck ScoreThis vehicle qualifies for Buyback ProtectionSafeguard your investment with AutoCheck Buyback Protection. It reduces the risk in buying a used vehicle.
About Buyback ProtectionAccident CheckReported accidents: 0Title and Problem CheckYour vehicle checks out:Odometer CheckYour vehicle checks out:Last Reported Odometer Reading: 86,300Vehicle Use and Event CheckNo vehicle use reportedView Detailed HistoryAccident CheckNot all accidents / issues are reported to AutoCheck.Your Vehicle Checks Out: There have been no accidents reported to AutoCheck for this 2003 Toyota Corolla CE / LE / S (2T1BR32E13C750588). AutoCheck receives its accident data from government sources and independent agencies, and based on the information available to us, we have found that no accidents have been reported on this vehicle.
Title and Problem CheckYour Vehicle Checks Out: AutoCheck's database for this 2003 Toyota Corolla CE / LE / S (2T1BR32E13C750588) shows no negative titles or other problems. When reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems, and disqualifies the vehicle for AutoCheck Buyback Protection. Check the Vehicle Use and Event Check for reported accidents that can affect vehicle safety and value.0 Problem(s) Reported:15 Title/Problem areas checked:No abandoned title recordNo damaged title or major damage incident recordNo fire damaged title recordNo grey market title recordNo hail damage title recordNo insurance loss title or probable total loss recordNo junk or scrapped title recordNo manufacturer buyback/lemon title recordNo odometer problem title recordNo rebuilt/rebuildable title recordNo salvage title or salvage auction recordNo water damaged title recordNo NHTSA crash test recordNo frame/unibody damage
recordNo recycling facility recordOdometer CheckYour Vehicle Checks Out: AutoCheck examined the reported odometer readings reported to AutoCheck for this 2003 Toyota Corolla CE / LE / S (2T1BR32E13C750588) and no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. AutoCheck uses business rules to determine if reported odometer readings are significantly less than previously reported values. Not all reported odometer readings are used. Title and auction events also report odometer tampering or breakage.0 Problem(s) Reported:MileageDate Reported
86,30005/28/2007KilometersVehicle Use and Event CheckNo Additional Information Reported: AutoCheck shows no additional vehicle uses or events reported to AutoCheck for this 2003 Toyota Corolla CE / LE / S (2T1BR32E13C750588). This includes reported vehicle uses such as rental or lease, and events such as whether the vehicle has been reported to have had a loan/lien or a duplicate title issued. Other events show if the vehicle has a reported accident and how many calculated accidents or if it has been reported stolen or repossessed. It is recommended to have pre-owned vehicles inspected by a third party prior to purchase.0 Event(s) Reported:6 Vehicle uses checked:No fleet, rental and/or lease use recordNo taxi use recordNo police use recordNo government use recordNo livery use recordNo driver education record0 Event(s) Reported:9 Vehicle events checked:No accident record reported through accident data sourcesNo corrected title recordNo duplicate title
recordNo emission/safety inspection recordNo loan/lien recordNo fire damage incident recordNo repossessed recordNo theft recordNo storm area registration/title recordDetailed Vehicle HistoryBelow are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.Report Run Date June 9, 2015 12:25:16 PM EDTVehicle: 2003 Toyota Corolla CE / LE / S (2T1BR32E13C750588)Event dateLocationOdometer readingData SourceDetails02/21/2003TORONTO, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL02/28/2003ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL11/20/2003TORONTO, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL02/02/2004INNISFIL, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL12/01/2004BARRIE, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL03/29/2005BARRIE, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL03/31/2006BARRIE, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL02/27/2007BARRIE, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL05/28/2007CANADA86,300Auto AuctionREPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION07/31/2007MISSISSAUGA, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL12/21/2007MISSISSAUGA, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL12/29/2009MISSISSAUGA, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL08/31/2011MILTON, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL01/03/2012MILTON, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL12/02/2013ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWALAutoCheck Terms and Conditions
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Mishydoo(m): 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
What's the point of a vin check after you have paid for the car?

To knw hw much of a trouble it'll be for me.cld return or resell immediately.
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by abatically(m): 10:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mishydoo:

To knw hw much of a trouble it'll be for me.cld return or resell immediately.

Looks like ur car checks out good afterall
Re: Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine by Lexusgs430: 10:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mishydoo:

Inze was so kind.

----Forwarded message---
VIN Report

Your AutoCheck Vehicle History ReportReport Run Date: June 9, 2015 12:25:16 PM EDT2003 Toyota Corolla CE / LE / SClass: Small Car - EconomyEngine: 1.8L I4 EFICountry of Assembly: CanadaVehicle Age: 12 year(s)Calculated Owners: N/AVIN: 2T1BR32E13C750588Year: 2003Make: ToyotaModel: Corolla CE / LE / SStyle/Body: Sedan 4DThis vehicle's AutoCheck ScoreThe AutoCheck Score is a summary of your vehicle's history. It lets you compare similar vehicles with ease.
About the AutoCheck ScoreThis vehicle qualifies for Buyback ProtectionSafeguard your investment with AutoCheck Buyback Protection. It reduces the risk in buying a used vehicle.
About Buyback ProtectionAccident CheckReported accidents: 0Title and Problem CheckYour vehicle checks out:Odometer CheckYour vehicle checks out:Last Reported Odometer Reading: 86,300Vehicle Use and Event CheckNo vehicle use reportedView Detailed HistoryAccident CheckNot all accidents / issues are reported to AutoCheck.Your Vehicle Checks Out: There have been no accidents reported to AutoCheck for this 2003 Toyota Corolla CE / LE / S (2T1BR32E13C750588). AutoCheck receives its accident data from government sources and independent agencies, and based on the information available to us, we have found that no accidents have been reported on this vehicle.
Title and Problem CheckYour Vehicle Checks Out: AutoCheck's database for this 2003 Toyota Corolla CE / LE / S (2T1BR32E13C750588) shows no negative titles or other problems. When reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems, and disqualifies the vehicle for AutoCheck Buyback Protection. Check the Vehicle Use and Event Check for reported accidents that can affect vehicle safety and value.0 Problem(s) Reported:15 Title/Problem areas checked:No abandoned title recordNo damaged title or major damage incident recordNo fire damaged title recordNo grey market title recordNo hail damage title recordNo insurance loss title or probable total loss recordNo junk or scrapped title recordNo manufacturer buyback/lemon title recordNo odometer problem title recordNo rebuilt/rebuildable title recordNo salvage title or salvage auction recordNo water damaged title recordNo NHTSA crash test recordNo frame/unibody damage
recordNo recycling facility recordOdometer CheckYour Vehicle Checks Out: AutoCheck examined the reported odometer readings reported to AutoCheck for this 2003 Toyota Corolla CE / LE / S (2T1BR32E13C750588) and no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. AutoCheck uses business rules to determine if reported odometer readings are significantly less than previously reported values. Not all reported odometer readings are used. Title and auction events also report odometer tampering or breakage.0 Problem(s) Reported:MileageDate Reported
86,30005/28/2007KilometersVehicle Use and Event CheckNo Additional Information Reported: AutoCheck shows no additional vehicle uses or events reported to AutoCheck for this 2003 Toyota Corolla CE / LE / S (2T1BR32E13C750588). This includes reported vehicle uses such as rental or lease, and events such as whether the vehicle has been reported to have had a loan/lien or a duplicate title issued. Other events show if the vehicle has a reported accident and how many calculated accidents or if it has been reported stolen or repossessed. It is recommended to have pre-owned vehicles inspected by a third party prior to purchase.0 Event(s) Reported:6 Vehicle uses checked:No fleet, rental and/or lease use recordNo taxi use recordNo police use recordNo government use recordNo livery use recordNo driver education record0 Event(s) Reported:9 Vehicle events checked:No accident record reported through accident data sourcesNo corrected title recordNo duplicate title
recordNo emission/safety inspection recordNo loan/lien recordNo fire damage incident recordNo repossessed recordNo theft recordNo storm area registration/title recordDetailed Vehicle HistoryBelow are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.Report Run Date June 9, 2015 12:25:16 PM EDTVehicle: 2003 Toyota Corolla CE / LE / S (2T1BR32E13C750588)Event dateLocationOdometer readingData SourceDetails02/21/2003TORONTO, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL02/28/2003ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL11/20/2003TORONTO, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL02/02/2004INNISFIL, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL12/01/2004BARRIE, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL03/29/2005BARRIE, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL03/31/2006BARRIE, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL02/27/2007BARRIE, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL05/28/2007CANADA86,300Auto AuctionREPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION07/31/2007MISSISSAUGA, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL12/21/2007MISSISSAUGA, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL12/29/2009MISSISSAUGA, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL08/31/2011MILTON, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL01/03/2012MILTON, ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWAL12/02/2013ON
Motor Vehicle Dept.CANADIAN RENEWALAutoCheck Terms and Conditions

Inze is always on point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Review Of Some Of The Cool Cars I Drove Lately....mercedes Benz C300. (Part 2) / Is This Naija Used Kia Rio Worth 500k?? / Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. …

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.