Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,949 members, 7,803,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat (37378 Views)

Ogogoro: 66 Persons Dead In Rivers State / Five Confirmed Dead After Eating Dog Meat In Rivers / See How This Young Girl Disgraced Herself After Drinking Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Who let the dog out?
woof! woof!! woof!!! woof!!!!! woof!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by OboloMAN: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
boboLIL:
Nawa 0h.... Wetin de happn? Death everywea

B for Bad luck , B for Buhari

All we hear is Deaths since May 29

Do we have a President?

Brainless Dullard
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by Ahmeduana(m): 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Who let the dog out?
BUHARI.
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2015
Methanol poisoning is the toxic reaction to the ingestion or absorption of methanol - a form of alcohol made from wood instead of starches. Like regular alcohol, methanol can depress the central nervous system resulting in the slowing of the heart and breathing. In addition, when the liver metabolizes methanol, it creates formic acid, a chemical which interferes with the capacity of the mitochondria to use oxygen. This results in hypoxia and death of the affected tissues.

The optic nerve is particularly sensitive to the effect of methanol and even a non-fatal dose can destroy the nerve, leading to permanent blindness. In cases of fatalities, death is usually by respiratory arrest.

Unfortunately, methanol poisoning presents with many of the same symptoms of alcohol use. In addition, methanol's effects often do not become apparent for at least ten hours after ingestion (where alcohol's effect is more or less immediate and its metabolism by the body is much faster).

Ironically, as Gregory House so ably demonstrated on Clarence, formic acid bonds readily to ethanol alcohol. In such cases, instead of being processed by the liver, the combination is processed by the kidneys and both are disposed of in the urine. The use of sodium bicarbonate is also common as methanol can lead to acidosis. Dialysis can also be used to remove both the methanol and formic acid.

Methanol is much more toxic than alcohol. A dose as low as 30ml can be fatal..... ........the local kai kai brewers dont have the technology like the big alcohol companies to extract /inhibit the production of menthanol during the brewing process.. just go online and you will see so many deaths like this and the culprit is always home-made alcohol.. remember that mysterious illness in ondo in april that people thought was ebola it was linked to alcohol poisoning. http://www.ibtimes.com/nigerias-mysterious-epidemic-linked-contaminated-alcohol-methanol-poisoning-not-ebola-1890564

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by Mishydoo(m): 10:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
Yazmin:
This Wike sef.
I thought Ameachi banned dog meat and kai kai

Is this what we voted you in for?

ROTFLMAO....nigga u crazy
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by rottenegg: 10:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
That is why u should always buy your dmeat\ogogoro from UNITHOUGHT in uyo(reliable dmeat sellers since 1980).
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by gracymicky(f): 10:20pm On Jun 03, 2015
Rounakid:
Nawa ooo... Doq aqain...
But why cant dis akwaibom peeps desist from doq meat...?
Cc: lalasticlala
. Rivers peeps nt akwaibom peep
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by CR77(f): 10:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
If i catch you for una Aduro house i go show pepper
tociano009:
what is your problem, are you mad

1 Like

Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by timota(m): 10:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
Rounakid:
Nawa ooo... Doq aqain...
But why cant dis akwaibom peeps desist from doq meat...?
Cc: lalasticlala
why can't u stop entering car as cars has been causing accidents
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by boboLIL(m): 10:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
OboloMAN:

B for Bad luck , B for Buhari
All we hear is Deaths since May 29
Do we have a President?
Brainless Dullard
l0lss,,,, u harsh 0h... Chai
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by abiambo(m): 10:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
how can we even verify that its not rotimi ameachi and his cohorts at work against rivers people for voting them out,
lwkmd4ho una never c anything 4 years still remain, come to think of it opposition has its perks
Omooba77:
BREAKING: Over 22 persons dead in Rivers after drinking local gin, eating dog meat
Over 22 persons dead in Rivers after drinking local gin

Over 22 persons have been confirmed dead in Bonny Island, Bonny, and Woji in Obio Akpor local government areas of Rivers after consuming local gin popularly called ‘Kai-Kai’ or Ogogoro and eating ‘Dog Meat’ believed to contain poisonous ethanol.

Simon Wilcox, a Youth leader and Spokesman for Bonny kingdom confirmed the death of 17 persons after the consumption of the toxic local brew, kai-kai imported into the Bonny Island.

“As I speak to you, 17 persons have been confirmed dead. We are going to the hospital to attend those who are lying critically ill. We need the help of World Health Organization, WHO, Federal and Government agencies to assist people of Bonny kingdom,” Wilcox said.

In a similar development, at least five persons have been reported dead in Woji in Obio Akpor local government area after eating dog meat delicacy, popularly called ‘404’ allegedly cooked one Friday Dickson, popularly called “Etiaba” from Akwa-Ibom state.

As at the time of the report there has not any reaction from the Ministry of Health on the sudden deaths due food poisoning.
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/03/over-22-persons-dead-in-rivers-after-drinking-local-gin/
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by tociano009(m): 10:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
CR77:
Thank God you know I am aduro not a prostitute like you,becareful with your words if you don't want gate of hell to open on your life
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by tociano009(m): 10:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
CR77:
What is really your Family problem
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by AsanwaKC(f): 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
Eyaaaa..... it is well
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by secretaryabdul(m): 10:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
A reason why Islam prohibts the consumption of alcohol and eating dog's meat

1 Like

Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by ybalogs(m): 10:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
CaptaiinG:
So rivers people sef dey chop dogs,i taught only calabars and the people of ondo town are the bona-fide dogs eaters
Calabar people plenty for PH nah, in fact for my area, if your dog dey miss, just know say e Don miswaka enter Calabar den. Dog scarce now for my Area ooo.

1 Like

Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by ruffcoin99(m): 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
Na WHO give them dog meat chop ? grin
ymdo:
Calling on WHO?
This Wilcox guy must be one very funny dude lipsrsealed.

1 Like

Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by CR77(f): 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
Aduro boy so you have the key of hell ode tongue
tociano009:
Thank God you know I am aduro not a prostitute like you,becareful with your words if you don't want gate of hell to open on your life

1 Like

Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by ybalogs(m): 10:44pm On Jun 03, 2015
secretaryabdul:
Behind every prohibition of Islam lies hidden danger, so it's always good to just follow the rules and be sure to be saved.
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 03, 2015
secretaryabdul:

But doesn't forbid marrying 6 and 9 year olds and smoking
So much for morality

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
Let Nyesome Wike spend his time fighting Gov. Amaechi. I remember how swiftly Gov. Amaechi responded to the Ebola crisis in Port-Harcourt. People are dying in Rivers State and the Governor (elect) Rigged is celebrating and donating money to churches.

1 Like

Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by PreciousBro: 10:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
This Is Insane.

But Why Una Dey Chew Dog Na.... undecided , Spare Me The Foolish Talks Of "How e Sweet"...

Abeg!!!

1 Like

Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by ubongutioh(m): 10:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
Rounakid:
Nawa ooo... Doq aqain... But why cant dis akwaibom peeps desist from doq meat...? Cc: lalasticlala
You are insane....
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by neduedu(m): 10:51pm On Jun 03, 2015
God help me oh, because i like dat meat like die.
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by tociano009(m): 10:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
CR77:
Aduro boy so you have the key of hell ode tongue
whats wrong with you, do I know you why all this bad mouth that is why some of you die untimely and your family we start shedding useless tears, if you don't apologise your life will be miserable I swear to almighty Jesus because I never make pproblem with u
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by lonelydora: 10:55pm On Jun 03, 2015
They all drank Methanol instead of Ethanol. RIP to the dead.
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by favourelisha(m): 10:56pm On Jun 03, 2015
Useless deltans,why u na know eat monkey nyash or tail ebola delta syndromes.Very soon u na go begin eat,rats in the streets with 1 bottle of waterpig. Ndi aka nkita people,dat's y dey speak eye okon fion.Na dog turn their organs and intestine,like that mtchewwwww.
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by gbaskiboy: 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Who let the dog out?
I can't bark like a dog oo cheesy
Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by Paulscholari(m): 11:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
Khd95:
Baddest combo

dogmeat+ogogoro
Killer combo sad
Khd95:
Baddest combo

dogmeat+ogogoro
Killer combo

2 Likes

Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by iamphill: 11:05pm On Jun 03, 2015
Seun Osewa you need to do something about this. How will your mods ban someone for years?

If they like let them ban me forever because of this post.

Re: 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat by mooremedia: 11:05pm On Jun 03, 2015
Billyonaire:
Its not the dog meat, its the methanol that people drink thinking its ethanol. Unlike Ethanol, methanol is poisonous.
That was the same thing that happened in ondo state. All because somebody wanted to make money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil / Caterer Caught Stealing Baskets Of Meat & Fish Meant For Party Guests / 5 Surprising Risks Of Beans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.