Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

I Feared For Menopause - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Feared For Menopause (514 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Feared For Menopause by diraxclusive(f): 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
I never knew this day would come so soon but I was dazed when my naturally "overflow or heavy" menstrual period was "scarily scanty"
I foolishly called my friend telling her I was close to menopause. This is absurd but nothing else came to my mind at that time. I just turned 30years and my best friend thinks my biological clock is ticking, now am faced with this, so I blamed it on menopause, "that simple" I thought.
Menopause is the period in a woman's life, when menstrual periods stops permanently and during this time, she can't conceive because the function of the ovary ceases too.
This process happens gradually, Not Overnight and it varies in women's life too between the age of 45 - 55 years.
I began to manufacture unrealistic symptoms on my head, "you can't imagine," but symptoms of menopause include abnormal virginal bleeding, hot flashes, virginal and urinary disease(s) among others, according to researches.
I thought of the possibilities of this happening now and so many unimaginable things. I can't tell why I always think of the worse of all situations and this makes me get angry easily.
At that point all I needed was a shrink to talk me out of this scary tale.
Further research revealed that hypnosis will help my habit of thinking worse of situations, as this will give me a clearer perspective "I wasn't wrong when I said I needed a shrink"
Forgive me if I over panicked but what was I supposed to do? That finally "karma" caught up with me, because I can remember how hard I laughed at a friend's ignorance, when she had similar issue at age 20 and...see more http://diraxclusive..com/2015/06/i-feared-for-menopause.html?m=1

Re: I Feared For Menopause by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
Let me be the first to comment on this..

Every lady have a unique body chemistry as you rightly pointed out.
Know of a lady that doesn't feel any pain during her menses while others roll all over the place.

I don't think menopause is gonna happen to you any soon since you in your early 30s.

Have a positive thought.

Take lots of omega fatty acid, leaf tea, sardines, and lots of vitamin D supplements

It will come out good.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

30 Days Of Poetry, Day29 "Mathematical Love" Pics Inside / Is God Dead? Episode 1 / Retribution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.