Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit (35162 Views)

Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks / Are Banks Legally Supposed To Charge Parallel Rate For Online Transactions? / This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by whyniel: 9:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
Kindly share the banks you know that have better interest rates if one is planning to do a fixed deposit of 100k and above with.

Thanks in advance for your contribution(s).
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
whyniel:
Kindly share the banks you know that have better interest rates if one is planning to do a fixed deposit of 100k and above with.

first bank.

1 Like

Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by whyniel: 9:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
Climaths:
first bank.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by OCTAVO: 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
Climaths:
first bank.
Pls what's their rate?
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by whyniel: 9:39am On Jun 04, 2015
I'm still open for more opinions people.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by Roseey0(f): 12:45pm On Jun 04, 2015
Following. .Pls share rate too
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by whyniel: 12:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
Roseey0:
Following. .Pls share rate too

I visited a first bank business office and was offered 7.5% on investment for 30/60days while stanbic ibtc gave me 8%/9% for 30/60days rsp.

Rate is investment dependent and banks' branch rate which differs per banks / branches.

I still plan visiting another firstbank business office and gtbank too a finalise on where to invest.

1 Like

Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by OCTAVO: 1:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
whyniel:

I visited a first bank business office and was offered 7.5% on investment for 30/60days while stanbic ibtc gave me 8%/9% for 30/60days rsp.

Rate is investment dependent and banks' branch rate which differs per banks / branches.

I still plan visiting another firstbank business office and gtbank too a finalise on where to invest.
Isn't this rate dependent on the amount invested? Pls kindly clarify.
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by SpeedyConnect(m): 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
whyniel:

Guy carry yout money go T bills. Its risk free and better rates
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by SpeedyConnect(m): 3:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
whyniel:

Check for T bills thread under investment section. Okay?
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by whyniel: 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
OCTAVO:

Isn't this rate dependent on the amount invested? Pls kindly clarify.
Yes, rate is dependent on amount invested.

I have no bargaining right cos of the principal I'm investing which is below a million more reason why I'm still hopping from banks/branches to another and vice versa.

A customer beside me while making enquiry was offered 12% for 60days tenor for a 50mil principal which he declined cos he already had a better rate from FCMB according to him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by whyniel: 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
SpeedyConnect:
Check for T bills thread under investment section. Okay?
Those guys don't reply PMs.
I don't know anything about T bills.
I'll try and make enquiries tomorrow though. Thanks.
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by SpeedyConnect(m): 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
whyniel:

Those guys don't reply PMs.

I don't know anything about T bills.

I'll try and make enquiries tomorrow though. Thanks.
Guy there is nothing there. Just open that thread under investment section and read some pages.
Also google it and put Nigeria in your search, there is an article to that effect there.
Mind you, most people that work in banks know nothing about it.
Nigerian professionals are damn incurious.

1 Like

Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by whyniel: 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
SpeedyConnect:

Guy there is nothing there. Just open that thread under investment section and read some pages.
Also google it and put Nigeria in your search, there is an article to that effect there.
Mind you, most people that work in banks know nothing about it.
Nigerian professionals are damn incurious.

Thanks sir. I've checked some pages and the problem now is getting the useful information and tips from the bank.

Do you know any investment house you can recommend please?

1 Like

Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by alphizo(m): 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Be careful with your money...
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by whyniel: 11:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
alphizo:
Be careful with your money...
Thanks sir.
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by SpeedyConnect(m): 1:33am On Jun 10, 2015
whyniel:

Thanks sir. I've checked some pages and the problem now is getting the useful information and tips from the bank.

Do you know any investment house you can recommend please?
Seems the easiest are banks. Just tell them you need T bills. They are likely to direct you to a person that know about it in that branch. Talk with the person. At times, they might want to give you from theirs but it comes with lower rates.
Just be making inquiries as you go on.
Cheers.
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
But
I have developed a trading strategy that generates at least 15% weekly profit on ROI rate on investment
[size=20pt]I have proven record and high Repeatability coefficient. Hit my signature to know more[/size].
whyniel:

Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by ehisdan(m): 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
I know of first bank Which is 10%. I fixed 1M for 30days only to yield 24k in which they will remove 2kplus for tax. Its only enjoyable when u have huge amount of cash to fix. A Friend of mine fixed 10M for a year and it yield 1.4M interest.

1 Like

Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by OCTAVO: 4:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
ehisdan:
I know of first bank Which is 10%. I fixed 1M for 30days only to yield 24k in which they will remove 2kplus for tax. Its only enjoyable when u have huge amount of cash to fix. A Friend of mine fixed 10M for a year and it yield 1.4M interest.
I'm not sure this information is right. 24k is 10% interest on 1 million for 30 days?
Am I missing something??

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by Acme77: 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
@octavo
u spoke my mind
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by Acme77: 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
@ehis
pls can you explain
thanks
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by Acme77: 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
@ehisdan
pls can you explain the calculations involve ?
thanks
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by ogawisdom(m): 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
ehisdan:

This didn't add up

10percent of 1m pa = 100k

U get 100/12 = 8,333 per month

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by ehisdan(m): 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
There was a mistake pls forgive. Its actually for 90days that is to yield 24k. How they calculate it is what I don't know.
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by ehisdan(m): 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
I will like u to visit fidelity bank, they have another form of fixing cash Which yields handsome amount. But the capital will be untouchable.
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by Cobresal(m): 9:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
ehisdan:
I will like u to visit fidelity bank, they have another form of fixing cash Which yields handsome amount. But the capital will be untouchable.

Please do explain how this works. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by ehisdan(m): 9:42pm On Jun 14, 2015
Cobresal:

Please do explain how this works. Thanks!
I don't really know how it works the last time I went there(3months ago) there agent tried to lure me into it but I refuse. I later asked one of there manager which he confirmed to be true and new.
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by aspirebig: 7:07pm On Jun 15, 2015
Land is the bank with highest interest rate for fixed deposit. Just look for a good location, you can make between 100% to 500% interest rate in one year.Remember that there is no hidden charges, CBN policies, changes in banks rules and regulations, poor annual performance index, etc.

But avoid scam related land oo, family land, buying land without proper checks in a hurry, too cheap land, always verify ownership and do re verification over and over, confirm ownership, verify document with necessary authorities before payment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by whyniel: 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
ehisdan:

You guys didn't do your negotiation well.

Rate increase based on tenor and amount (> 1mil).

One thing i've learnt is to avoid isolated bank branches, branches close to busy places tends to have better rates based on negotiation.
Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by tejumogbodo: 11:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
Guys shine your eye, nigeria is now becoming like cyprus now where all forex broker dominated. While cannot too invest your money in forex market. Nigeria banks can only give you 10% to 12% of your fund per annual (per year) while FX market will pay you 10% to 20% per month.

If you invested 1m on FX per month you still get up to #100k to #200k per month. What you just need, is to be careful when choosing FX trader that will handle your fund. If you see any trader that promise you more than 25% per month it means he/she is going to risk more than 10% of your fund into FX meanwhile not more than 2% of Equity should be risk to market per trade.

Note: Professior of Forex (Andreas) is now in Nigeria giving seminar at FXTM office at Ikeja now. Shine your eyes guys forex is real hoooooooo.

Anyway if you need more information about this just contact me on my email address: sonnyshow@yahoo.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit by ogawisdom(m): 10:28am On Jun 17, 2015
ehisdan:
There was a mistake pls forgive. Its actually for 90days that is to yield 24k. How they calculate it is what I don't know.

Ok it is beta nw

10percent of 1m pa is 100k ie 12months tenor

For three months tenor = 100k/4 = 25k

Tax n other charges brought it to 24k

Nw u kw hw

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Transberg : Transport Company Stocks. / Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them / GHWx: Stranded Participants Threaten Suicide (Screen Shots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.